Start by marking “Shipley's Secrets” as Want to Read:
Shipley's Secrets

Shipley's Secrets

Growing up in foster care, Malcolm has never known his birth family. The first twelve years of his life is riddled with trauma and abuse. His only dream in life is to make it to eighteen years old so he can join the military and change his fate. When Malcolm’s placed in the care of a new foster home, he meets Adler and Sal. Three boys having grown up with no family, no ...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 10th 2019 by J Allen Group LLC

To ask other readers questions about Shipley's Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shipley's Secrets

Start your review of Shipley's Secrets
_SecretsOfaBookworm_
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Before I get started with my review I would like to thank Jen Simmons for providing me with an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest opinion and review!

Summary:
Sal, Malcolm and Adler meet in a foster home where they are neglected and cared for horribly. Knowing that they have nobody else, they stick together making it their priority to put each other first. From there on out they become brothers and best friends, vowing to never let anybody come between them and to always look after each
Lynn z.Brown
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chapter 12

This book is very well written. The chapters just flow by because it is such an easy read. Be prepared for twist and turns and especially Chapter 12 . OMG WOW !!!!
Kristin
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AMAZING!! It had me captivated from the prologue and I read it in a day!! I can’t WAIT for the next one!!!!
Angela R. Glenn
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read!

The story line is great and pulls you in! I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!
Kimberly Chambers

This book is available December 10th. I was lucky enough to be provided an ARC.

Yayy! Now to the good stuff.

This book ends with a cliffhanger hanger. But I enjoyed this book, and I am looking forward to the 2nd.

The book gives you a very good background on the individuals, and I loved how they care together and loved one another.

There was a quote in the book that “Blood and genetics don’t make you a family, but love and loyalty do”-Malcom. I loved this because it is true.
Mayrene
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shipley’s Secrets

This book tells the story of Sal, Malcolm, and Adler and how they became a tide nit family. Al three boys grew up in foster care and eventually end together in a horrible foster home where tragedy strikes forging an indestructible bond between the three of them. Their school counselor takes the brothers in adding his son Tate to the brotherhood. Their relationships get rattled when they met Clara and feeling are developed with more than one brother. Will their family and
Ron Brown
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was excellent! From the prologue, to chapter 12, to the cliffhanger ending, it leaves you wanting more! The character development was nice and feels sufficient. It makes you want more but doesn’t leave you feeling starved for it. That sets up the story for all the twist and turns to really hit you the reader because of the closeness you’re bound to feel for the characters. It’s a good, quick, and easy read. I’m really looking forward to seeing where the story can and must go.
Brittnie Becker
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shipley's secrets is a book about loyalty family and the hardships they all go through to become a family .

Malcom sal and Adler experience the most unthinkable situations in their foster home
But the heart of a good counselor gives them the sense of a complete family..

Along the way tragedy and cokneiving events happen how will the brothers deal with this ?

How will Pop raise all these boys are they the troublemakers people make them out to be

Read to find out.....
Heather
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. I can't wait for the next one to be released. It will have you smiling, crying, and in love with the characters. For this author first ever book I think she did amazing! Definitely a must read!
Leah
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a bit of a departure for me, genre-wise, but I enjoyed it. The pacing was spectacular - it kept me turning the pages all the way through to the end.
Nichole King
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing !!!!!!
Boys in Books are Better
Shipleys Secrets is the first book by up and coming author, Jen Simmons.
The prologue hooks you and doesn't let you go!
I will warn you, this book does end on a cliffhanger, and the prologue is not addressed in Shipley's Secrets...all will be revealed in Book #2. However...I liked that aspect of it. I am still highly interested to find out how it gets to that point.

Shipley's Secrets does a nice job a setting up the characters, giving a backstory, and making you want more (in a good way...not in
Kimberly Brantley Brown
This is one of those books you can’t put down (or you really won’t want to). Each chapter draws you in and keeps you hooked all the way to the end. The characters are so real and I can’t wait for the next book!
Tom Mann
Pauline Milner
Steve Weber
Rachel Griesmer
Feb 10, 2020

• Crank (The Gibson Boys, #1)
  • The Sound of Salvation (Deliverance #1)
  • Irresistible (Love in LA, #2)
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • A Very Merry Alpha Christmas
  • Focused
  • Catch
  • Wilt (The Order #2)
  • Bloom (The Order #1)
  • Etched in Stone (Invested in You Book 1)
  • Finding My Safe: a love story
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
  • Never Love a Rockstar
  • Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend
  • Unforsaken (The Fallen Guardians, #1)