Start by marking “Magic in Light (Supernatural Community, #1)” as Want to Read:
Magic in Light (Supernatural Community, #1)

Magic in Light

(Supernatural Community #1)

A supernatural healer threatened by a deadly stalker. An alluring bodyguard she can't resist. And his secret that will shatter her entire world.

People on the brink of death come to me for life. I touch them, and my magic burns away their sickness. My gift is exhausting and painful, even dangerous.

Which means I never intentionally touch anyone, and no one touches me.

So
Published November 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Magic in Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic in Light

Start your review of Magic in Light (Supernatural Community, #1)
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

This book was a nice breath of fresh air! The world-building was good and I have a feeling that it's going to become more and more prominent as the series progresses. The writing style and overall pacing of the story was also very good.

Daria was an interesting character to get to know! It's been a few years since I've read about a healer and I had forgotten how fascinating the powers can be. I liked that the author brought together an everyday paranormal creature with a
Angelica Haney
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Ok so I really enjoyed this book! Paranormal Romance is like my happy place in the book world it’s what I grew up reading with one of my best friends! This book was so fun and entertaining!

Magic in Light follows Daria who is a supernatural healer. She can heal people from terminal illnesses with her touch alone but it’s painful for her to do so. This means she never intentionally touches anyone outside of her clients on her healing tours. She is in the midst of one said tour when she starts
Olivia Wildenstein
Can I get a magical power like Daria’s please?

Street’s venture into paranormal romance is delightful. I need me a Logan in my life.
Keryn
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting new series!

I fell in love with this first book in a new supernatural series. I'm not shocked as I've loved every book I've read by this author. Dar has a magical ability to heal the sick with a magical light within. When a stalker threatens her safety, she and her family by choice call in a bodyguard. Something was different from the moment she met Logan. Her entire life she's never been able to touch someone without her light reacting.... Until now. What does this all mean? Why is
Debbie Eyre
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic first book in this series! With its gripping storyline this paranormal shifter romance is addictive and once you pick this up you will not be able to put it down! Filled with action, romance, suspense, special powers, twists and turns and an awesome female mc, this is a great start and I cannot wait to read more!
Erin Brown
Caitlin Norton
I'm just a little irritated

It's not a bad book. A little one dimensional and oddly paced but not awful.

My complaint lies with this Crystal character. I bet money that she's an arranged mating of sorts. But we learn NOTHING about her in this.

I guess my real complaint is that I'm impatient and wanted some more tea. Lol.

So why three stars? I wanted a read more depth to her and Logan. One can only how the next one will deliver that.
Heather Gilbert
Nice!

I really liked this book, it Flows well and features dynamic characters that fill a subset the supernatural genre is missing - healers, mainly, the Gypsy like kind (she’s not a gypsy, just travels like the stories).

First person, PNR, episodic
M/F
Rating = PG-15 (probably be R later in the series)
Character age range = 21+

Pros:
- Intriguing take.
- Side characters are great.
- Logan.... but that foreshadowing makes me nervous.

Cons:
- I sense bad things ahead. Crystal?
NanaShauna Joesten
This is a fantastic read that pulled me in right from the start. This read is right up there with divergent and if you love the Supernatural and Magic this is definitely a must read. This Author knows how to add suspense and the what if of a fantastic read they have definitely done it in this read. She has a special talent that puts her in danger. This is a real page turner that is more than a 5 star read. I definitely recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten
The Mysterious Reader
I loved both Daria and Logan in Krista Street’s Magic in Light (Supernatural Community Book 1). They’re so perfectly constructed, complex, special (Daria in her healing abilities and it’s personal cost, and Logan in his ... well I’m not to spoil things and say it), yet believable and their romance is a great tale perfectly told. If you’re in the mood for a Paranormal Shifter Romance you cannot go wrong with this one.
Janet Hendricks
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Start To A Serial

I loved the characters. Daria is strong, compassionate and dedicated to her calling. Logan is hired as her bodyguard when she starts receiving death threats. Their sexual chemistry is evident but they will face many obstacles and dangers before they can be together. This is a compelling story that will draw you in and leave you wanting to know more about Daria and Logan's saga. Enjoy.

Candy Robosky
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Street's first venture into supernatural romance is a success. There's mystery, suspense, sexual tension, and buildup as Logan tries to keep supernatural healer Daria safe from a blackmailing stalker while harboring some secrets himself. I really enjoyed reading about Daria and Logan and look forward to reading more. I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily leaving my honest review.
Samantha Wisher
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good read!

The book started off without an introduction or background story so it left me a little confused but she went back and talked a little about her past as it went on. But other than that being a little confusing, I liked the storyline. I would recommend this book to anyone searching for a paranormal romance with a dramatic tale of love and heartbreak.
Jenny
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is obviously a great hit with lovers of paranormal romances, but I also really enjoyed it and I am not normally a fan of this genre. I think it is because the book is well written, but also has great characters and an interesting story, which I wasn't expecting to appeal so much to me, but it did!
Christy
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Krista has given us another amazing book! The characters are all put together and I loved reading about them. Logan and Daria skate around their feelings for each other until her stalker is found and dealt with. I can't wait for the next installment in this wonderful new series!
NJ Torrance
CJ Coss
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love how the characters in the story come together. It wasn’t until the last few chapters that I was able to piece it together. The story is sweet and charming with a little spice in the end. Can’t wait to read the next book in the series. I want to see how the rest unfolds.
Magickal Kitten
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly enjoyable

Seriously what is not to love? A kind-hearted supernatural healer and a strong sexy wolf man as her body guard...and maybe more?
Had a hard time reminding myself that I still needed sleep as I just wanted to read nonstop.
Gale Albright
This first book is a good start to this series. I do hate when women get “stupid” with their safety but it happens. Hopefully book two is just as good.
Alyssa
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liked it

Thought it had a good story enjoyed the slow burn and connections. The mystery helped make the book too. I liked it.
Siara Brooke
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Good book! I really liked the plot line and how each character was expressed. I am craving the sequel like an ant craves sugar!!!
Deena Houser
Interesting plot, but not interesting enough to continue the series
Boo
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

I really loved the idea behind this book! I loved the characters and I’m excited for what the next book has in store for me.
Melissa
Marthaamai
rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
  • Dark Russian Angel
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Spiked (The Sundance #1)
  • Fae's Consort
  • Wreck & Ruin
  • Three Mages and a Margarita (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #1)
  • Emerald Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga #7)
  • Muffins & Moonbeams (Baxter Family Bakery #1)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Elodie of the Sea (Eldentimber, #5)
  • Reflection (Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse)
  • Kings of Rittenhouse - A Shameless King Prequel
  • Spaces Between Notes
  • P.S. I Love You (Twickenham Time Travel Romance)
  • Mistletoe Mayhem (Twickenham Time Travel Romance)
  • Cherished Mate (Cybermates, #1)
Krista Street's books often feature a large cast of complex characters, plenty of supernatural twists, and romance in every story. She loves writing about coming of age characters who fight to find their place in this world while also finding their one true mate who complements them more than any other.

Krista Street is a Minnesota native but has lived throughout the U.S. and in another country or

Supernatural Community (4 books)
  • Power in Darkness (Supernatural Community, #2)
  • Dragons in Fire (Supernatural Community #3)
  • Angel in Embers (Supernatural Community #4)