Start by marking “To Every Love a Season” as Want to Read:

To Every Love a Season

From USA TODAY best-selling author Stacy Henrie comes five inspirational historical romance novellas.

Her Winter Suitor
If Callie doesnt attract the interest of a suitor by the Patriarch Ball, shell be shipped off to England to find a husband. Unwilling to let that happen, Leo, the son of Callies favorite chocolatier, volunteers to pretend to be her secret admirer. In
Published February 18th 2020 by Mirror Press

To ask other readers questions about To Every Love a Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Every Love a Season

Start your review of To Every Love a Season
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I absolutely love a well-written novella that has a full story arc and characters that I connect with emotionally. To Every Love a Season is full of just what I look for in a collection of stories! As soon as I finished one story, I couldn't wait to start the next one. Each was unique and imaginative, with details that helped me imagine the historical settings and mannerisms of the characters without detracting from the pacing of the plot. I felt like I cared about what happened next, and was ...more
Mara
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked all the love stories in this collection. Each one takes place in a different season and a different era. I love novella collections because you can read a complete story in about an hour.

Her Winter Suitor--I loved this friends to more love story of Callie and Leo, the chocolatier she visits every week to buy chocolates for her grandmother. When they develop feelings for each other, Leo stops it before it can continue because a chocolatier couldn't possibly marry someone from a
Luci Jamison
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved this book of five stories. They are all set in different places and times but they are based on love and hope and faith!
I especially like books that give historical facts that add to my interests... that I follow up with later.
(and this author adds a bit of more detail in the back which I enjoyed as well)
Great characters and wonderful, well- written descriptions of the places and era.
Highly recommend this book and author!
Lisa Shepherd
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: proofreads
One of my favorite romance novella collections! A good variety of stories all tied together with a scripture. I really enjoyed all of them, but my favorite was probably the one with the chocolate. :)
 The Flipped Page (Susan K)
Romance, clean, period; series but stand alone read
Period romance novellas set in different seasons. This is by far my favorite of anything I have read of S.H., I think this is one of her better novels (actually series of novellas) that I have read of her body of work. The variety of settings, time periods, and characters was a pleasure to read. The romances were sweet, and well-drawn characters for novellas. You felt transported back into the time period they were set in. Loved this collection!
Adrienne
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really sweet collection of novellas, each in a different place and time period (although all are historical fiction), which made for a nice variety, as did the fact that they are set in different seasons of the year. Each novella is enjoyable, and it's tough to pick a favorite!
I read an ARC provided by the publisher. All opinions are my own.
Corey
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
These were very short, but clean and had happy endings. Most felt a bit rushed though. I enjoyed the historical notes (for each story) at the end.
Caleen Pickett
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Five Christian novellas. Sweet reads.

Her Winter Suitor
Callie comes from a family of wealth and privilege. Leo's family owns a chocolate shop. Leo knows Callie is far above him socially, but Callie treats him as an equal every time she comes into his store. Opportunities arise to spend more time together and they find their acquaintance deepening into friendship and then more. But will they be able to bridge the social gap between them?

An Unlikely Spring Courtship
Tempest runs the mercantile in
Katie W
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A charming delight to read!

It's true that I complain about winter--it really isn't my favorite season because I despise being cold and the long, dark nights. However, I really do enjoy living in a place that has different seasons because there are reasons to celebrate each and every one (yes, even winter). I adored this collection by Stacy Henrie for those very reason--any season is a good season for falling in love and there's something to be found within each one. Each of these novellas does
Rachel DeVaughn
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this collection of historical romantic novellas (short stories). Each one with different characters, stories, and time periods. Easy reading since they are short. Clean Christian fiction.

All of the stories were fun to read and I especially liked the first two stories. Although they are short, I still felt like there was enough depth to the characters and story lines.

I received a copy of this book complimentary for blog and social media review. All opinions are my own.
Lorieah
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Each story shares the same Bible verse about there being a season and a purpose for everything, which in this case meant waiting for the romance timing to be right. But each story was unique enough that I got pulled right in. The last one was a little more heartbreaking, just because of the soldier theme, but I enjoyed each of them.

I received a free copy, and would honestly recommend this book.
Kathy
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of heartwarming Christian romance novellas. Each was set in a different time and location but each one had great characters and a sweet love story. Delightful! I didn't have much time to read this past week and this was the perfect book to read a novella each day!
Cathy
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this kind of book. Its full of really well-written novellas. I loved that I was able to read each of them in not too much time. And there were still more to read. And the seasons theme that the author chose was fun.

The first novella is Her Winter Suitor. This one is Callies story. She is an heiress, but her mother has given her an ultimatum to get married or go to England to find a husband. She knows Leo from his chocolate store. He offers to help her seem like she has a suitor. I loved
Janene
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: 5 stars

This anthology showcases Henrie's versatility in her writing styles. She has put together a wonderful collection of short historical romances that I highly recommend. Each romance was short, but they were all very satisfying and they all felt complete.

I was given an advance copy of this anthology. My review was voluntary and my opinions were my own.

HER WINTER SUITOR
Rating: 4 stars
New York 1892

Callie Sloan's mother was distraught because Callie was not married or engaged
Ballet in AK
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To Every Love A Season by Stacie Henrie (5 stars)

Her Winter Suitor (5 stars)

A sweet romance about a chocolatier and an heiress. No insta-love, just a friendship evolving into love. Luckily, class differences become resolved.

An Unlikely Spring Courtship (5 stars)

Adorable couple with fun competition at the beginning of the story. Scenes with prayer and a church sermon. Makes it feel more authentic (people back at the turn of the 19th century were church-goers.) Plus, I like it when theres a bit
Meg
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I appreciate that this book is very well-researched, especially on the time periods (and the author's notes at the end of the book, it's a plus). I liked all the stories; the romance has just the right amount of sweetness, innocence, and spark. The book was not preachy despite its Christian romance theme.

Her Winter Suitor
I just love how this story was so cute, sweet and innocent! It lacked a little bit of romance, though.

An Unlikely Spring Courtship
Unlikely, indeed! A very entertaining
Andrea
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stacy Henrie is a talented author and her collection of novellas hit the spot for me. I liked that they didn't feel rushed with unrealistic relationships. Sometimes a novella just doesn't have the time to give the characters and situation the depth it needs to feel realistic, but I didn't feel that way with this collection.

It was fun to have a few stories with new relationships, and others with a second chance situation. All of the novellas are clean, and were quick reads for me. I can see
Becky
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good collection of Novellas. I loved how the author brought the title into the stories by having each of the seasons (winter, spring, summer & fall) represented.. I liked the collection of stories and the theme of each. It was fun to see the challenges each couple had then was able to overcome. I gave the review 4 stars, because this collection just didn't do it for me. I just didn't love them! But I am sure others will.
I was given a free copy of this book for an honest review.
Marisa
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Short clean romances. A group of 5 novellas. Unfortunately they felt a bit rushed. The fun thing about novellas is you get a quick fun read and a glimpse into the author's writings. This was my first introduction to Stacy Henrie. Christian historical romance.

I received a complimentary copy. All thoughts and opinions expressed in my review are my own.
Nari
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this collection of novellas. Each one is unique. The stories are sweet romances. I thought each one was well written and the stories felt complete which sometimes doesnt happen with novellas. I highly recommend this book. ...more
Anndrea
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love novellas and this one was fantastic. I loved that she added a Christian view to her stories and that each one told a bit of history. I adored each story but my favorite one takes place in Idaho, my home. Loved it!
Chelsea Gardner
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stacie Henrie proves with this book that love abounds in all times. I enjoyed reading about each season, with its own unique love story and time. This was a wonderfully written novel!
Dorothey Thompson
To Every Love a Season

These were great short stories. Each a season of the year. The characters were entertaining and the story flowed with ease.
Lydia
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A delightful collection of perfectly formed novellas - diverse and sweetly romantic.
Katie
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this charming and engaging collection of stories. They were all unique and well written. I love this author's style and look forward to reading more by her in the future.
Donna Campbell
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this set of novellas. I'm not sure I could say which was my favorite. They were all sweet, clean romances.
Amy
Mar 13, 2020
Becky
Feb 21, 2020

• A Note of Change
  • Crosscheck (Northbrook Hockey Elite #4)
  • One Summer Day (Prosperity Ranch #1)
  • Loving Her Fling (Hidden Hollows #3)
  • Valley of Dreams (Longing for Home, #5)
  • Breakaway (Northbrook Hockey Elite #5)
  • Rebound (Northbrook Hockey Elite #3)
  • Powerplay (Northbrook Hockey Elite #2)
  • Mostly Risky
  • Loving the Bully (Hidden Hollows #2)
  • A Holiday Affair (Holiday Harbor Book 1)
  • The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)
  • Faceoff (Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)
  • Promised
  • Fall from Trace (London League #5)
  • The Matchmaker's Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelor Mountain Cove)
  • Steal My Heart (Prosperity Ranch Book 2)
  • The Masked Baron
Stacy Henrie, a USA TODAY bestselling author, has always had a love for history, fiction, and chocolate. She earned her B.A. in public relations before turning her attentions to raising a family and writing inspirational historical romances. Wife of an entrepreneur husband and a mother to three, Stacy loves to live out history through her fictional characters. In addition to author, she is also a ...more