Start by marking “Quest of the Goddess (Consorts of the Goddess, #1)” as Want to Read:
Quest of the Goddess (Consorts of the Goddess, #1)

Quest of the Goddess

(Consorts of the Goddess #1)

Searching for gods isn't easy, especially when they don't want to be found.

A quiet life is what Hathor deserves now that fewer people remember her name. But when another goddess enlists her to the fight against spreading chaos, she finds herself out in the world for the first time in thousands of years.

Finding the other gods turns out to be the least of her worries.
Published May 21st 2020 by Drowlgon Press

To ask other readers questions about Quest of the Goddess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quest of the Goddess

Start your review of Quest of the Goddess (Consorts of the Goddess, #1)
Laura Greenwood
Jul 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Quest of the Goddess is part of the Fire & Ice boxed set.

Consorts of the Goddess:
1. Quest of the Goddess: books2read.com/questofthegoddess
2. Trust of the Goddess
3. Heart of the Goddess

You can also join my Goodreads Reader Group for new release alerts, spoiler threads, and more!
==> https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...
Jeanny
May 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-new-release
2.5 stars. An average read.
Cliffhanger ending.
Renée
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quest Of The Goddess is the first book in the Queen Of Gods Trilogy and is one of my new favourites from Laura Greenwood’s books based on Ancient Egyptian Mythology.

Hathor is the Goddess of many things, which I found intriguing. The story is creative and beautifully written, and my interest was captured right from the first line and wanted to know all about Hathor’s story.

I can’t wait to read more in this series.
Tash
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Greenwood given some wonderful quirky stories over the years that I have enjoyed. It's no surprise to see her writing about the Egyptian Gods and Goddess.

I must admit this was history lesson as I didn't know about the two she used for this story. Whilst she take liberties for her universe , I love the concept of this series. They are all real characters from history brought to life by Greenwood.

The plot of the story is interesting, there seems to be an uprising and Hathor is thrown into the sp
Brook Beorn
May 25, 2020 rated it liked it
I found the first point of view of this book hard to follow at times. It would have been easier if Hathor’s character had been more interested in the things around her. She also seemed very fixated on the myths of her relationships and this comes out in many places as the book goes forward. I will admit that I don’t know a lot about the Egyptian God pantheon and this book did make me want to look into it more closely.
The story was very choppy in how the story develops. I got to chapter 8 and sti
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Life has been quiet for ancient Egyptian goddess Hathor for a few thousand years. Since she is the goddess of many things, people don’t know what to pray for to her and she has mostly been forgotten, which suits her just fine. Then one day Ma’at, the goddess of justice, came to see her. They were having issues with the rogue god Seth, and chaos in the world seemed to be giving him more power this time. The gods and goddesses pretty much ignored it… until now, apparently.

Ma’at asked her to join
Annette
Oct 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Ever since I was a child I've been fascinated with the Roman and Greek mythology and Gods. I loved the stories, no matter how brutal and sickening, and I loved how somehow all those Gods seemed to be human. At some point I wanted to dive into the Egyptian mythology too, but it somehow never really happened. It's hard to say why not. So, when I saw that Greenwood had an Egyptian Gods series, I just had to check it out!

You can't go wrong with a Laura Greenwood. Although this is certainly not one o
Jamie Jack
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, supernatural
Surprisingly Funny Quest

I have enjoyed most of the books I have read by Ms. Greenwood, but I found myself particularly amused by this book. The description makes it sound serious—and the threat to the book’s world is—but the author has imbued this book with an incredible amount of dry, tongue-in-cheek wit. I found myself laughing at things Hathor thought and the conversations she had with the men on her quest. She didn't have as good of a relationship with people as she might have thought, thoug
Denise
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a NON-SPOILER REVIEW. Quest of the Goddess by Laura Greenwood is the first book in The Queen of Gods trilogy. I loved this story. I am a big fan of mythology and this Egyptian mythology storyline was right up my alley! We are presented the Gods and Goddesses at a turning point in their existence. No longer as revered and sought out as the true deities, their magic is dwindling and dissent threatens to split them into factions. Hathor is charged with finding four Gods, thought to be her c ...more
Charlotte
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
*Spoiler Alert*
With a war brewing caused by the God Seth the Goddess Hathor (FMC) gets involved and entrusted with a nearly impossible task. To get the help of four gods. Not as easy as it sounds. A stubborn, argumentative - Horus is a particularly tricky god & the Atum was not only unhelpful but down right rude. I loved Khonsu though. Hes witty and funny. I havent made my mind up about Amun yet. Less so after that ending? I love books about Gods and Goddesses but usually the greek ones. This is
Phoebe
Hathor has quite a feat in front of her courtesy of Ma’at, when she has to approach men who do not like her for help saving the world in Quest of the Goddess. Laura Greenwood definitely brings out the comedy for this book as Hathor goes head to head with a God who may or may not be her son. (laugh)

Hathor’s reputation precedes her unfortunately in all of these meetings. Her temper is apparently something that no one knew about (laugh). People also apparently were missing some of key information
sherri jones-teachout
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Gods are choosing sides. The God Seth is trying to take over and is gaining more power. Hathor has been asked to get four powerful Gods on the side against Seth, and it is an uphill battle. Most of these Gods haven’t done anything in thousands of years, and now that humans don’t believe in them or pray to them, they have lost some of their power. Hathor is the Goddess of love, motherhood, dance, and several other powers, but she hasn’t had a lover in years. One of the Gods she needs to recru ...more
Douglas Williamson
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Our heroine is a goddess of Ancient Egypt, called upon for a new task after many years away. Adjusting to new things is not always easy.

This is book one of the series.

This is a rather intriguing paranormal story based around the pantheon of Egyptian gods. That alone was enough to get my attention as I enjoy reading more with that background. It also helps that the story is well written, easy to read and filled with bits of humor that help keep things light and entertaining. I really enjoyed our
Aimee Bower
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hathor was approached by Ma'at about what Seth is up to. She asked for Hathor's help in gathering forces against him. Hathor has to get her consorts on their side of this problem. Hathor isn't sure who to go about it, it won't be easy with some of them. Seth has also destroyed on her temples.
Hathor will have some issues with getting the help she needs. She has one person on her side, she will need to work on getting the others.

This is a good read to lose yourself in for a time. You will enjoy th
Amber  Christiansen
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that the cliffhanger ending came as an unpleasant shock, but I guess I didn't read carefully enough when deciding to read this book. The other books in this world were all standalone in terms of the romance, so I wasn't expecting it to end without wrapping that up. Everything else was excellent. I loved Hathor and her interactions with everyone. I'm eager to read the rest of the story in the upcoming books.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leav
Joy Whiteside
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book took me away to another world as soon as I started reading. It moves along at a great pace, making the perfect speed for reading. Has amazing and unique characters that you want to know about and want to see them overcome everything in their way. This story is a must read and no matter what once you start you cannot put it down. This book will grab you and needs to be read. No doubt about it.
Wanda Jewell
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ancient Egyptian Gods and Goddesses must combine forces to combat a rogue chaos god. Unfortunately, not all of them want to participate. It is up to one Goddess to unite her four consorts in order to combat the unruly God and save their people. She is only what she is believed to be. This was a pretty good read and I enjoyed it. I would recommend it.

Rhonda Hicks
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read a variety of genres but I am an old-world mythology geek. This adventure with Hathor is right up my alley. An old god who no longer has any followers who have been recruited to contact other old gods in order to save the world. The mystery and intrigue of whom she's slept with if one of them was her son, and does she REALLY have a temper when provoked? All this to confront an unruly God. What a great read I thoroughly enjoyed.
Michelle
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout-arc, arc, 2020
Quest of the Goddess is book one in The Queen of Gods Trilogy and I loved the characters, their interactions and the banter between them. This is a well written, action packed story with humor, mystery, intriguing characters and twists that pulled me in and held my attention until the last page. I love reading anything about mythology so now I anxiously await book two. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Christinaraven
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and interesting book to read. It sets up the series beautifully as the common gods and goddesses of mythology are alive and well but with a bit of a problem building being caused by Seth. I liked the simple plot of good vs evil but with very interesting characters. The story easily sucked me in and I had to see what Hathor and the rest would do. The setup was entertaining and kept me reading. I cannot wait to see what happens next.
Anita Fuhrmann
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
With this new trilogy, we get to delve into Egyptian mythology and since this was not something I was really familiar with I found everything quite interesting, especially the names! Lots of action, deception, godly intrigue, and a history lesson presented in a way that we all wish we could have gotten it when we were back in school! lol! Hang on because we are in for a wild ride!!

Scarolet Ellis
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quest Of The Goddess by Laura Greenwood is a wonderful story that I have read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I am so hooked on and I can not wait to read the rest of this series that I am so in love with. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about romance, fantasy and paranormal romances.

Anne Dwyer
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hathor is a Goddess with a heap of gifts - and all she really wants is a quiet life. But when she is tasked with helping find the other Gods and to help stop the chaos , she finds her self out in the world again. Will she succeed in her quest?

Christina Luberts
Jun 22, 2020 rated it liked it
We have a short read for the first book in the series. I liked that she gave some background on the God and Goddesses. I did not really get into this book, but then its not like the books I normal read. So we have Hathor who has to get four other Gods to join her in a battle to save the people.

Erin
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hathor's peaceful life is interrupted when Ma’at comes to see her about Seth. Now she asked to persuade Atum and Khonsu to join the quest to stop Seth. But how does one persuade those who don't want to or care to help. I can't wait to see where this story continues to in the next book.
Carlynne Toomey
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story taken straight from the pages of Egyptian history! Greenwood has such a way with words and I have loved all of her stories. This has to be a personal favorite as I love anything mythology related and this story doesn't disappoint!

Billie
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a magical read this was.
Excellent well fleshed out characters that are believable.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that kept me glued to the end.
Amazing world building that enhances the story.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.

I received an ARC from booksprout and this is my honest voluntary review.
Agata Jędrzejewska
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sending a goddess on quite an impossible mission is nit what what we would expect. Not without trouble she did her bidding, or she thought so. It’s nice story with things that runs deeper. I liked it and loved Hathor. And honestly, they need to put Seth down, that’s it.
Riah Pilling
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing

I loved this book so much! I'm fascinated by Egypt and Quest of the Goddess has observed to fuel that fascination!
Laura Greenwood is clearly very knowledgeable about the gods and goddesses of ancient Egypt and tells her story with love and passion.
DMA
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellently well thought out tale. It is a rather unique take on the gods but is sweetly written being thoughtful and funny.
Enjoyable read

The Paranormal Co...: On-Going Series: The Queen Of Gods 5 6 Sep 15, 2020 04:34AM
The Paranormal Co...: New Release: Quest Of The Goddess 1 5 May 21, 2020 11:36AM
The Paranormal Co...: Excerpt From Quest of The Goddess 1 1 Aug 07, 2019 03:07AM

• Fires of Treason (War and Deceit, #2)
  • Feline the Pressure (The Firehouse Feline #4)
  • Throne of Death (Academy of the Damned, #4)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Potions and Punishments (Prisoners of Nightstone, #1)
  • The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
  • Dragon's Roar (Shifters Confidential #2)
  • Alpha Devotion: Paranormal Romance Collection
  • Dark Heart Wolf (Silver Fox Ranch Book 3)
  • Bear Affection (Tooth & Claw #4)
  • The Seeker's Shadow (Shadows of Wonderland, #1)
  • Legend of the Tears: A Steamy Shifter Werewolf Romance (Tears of the Wolf Book 2)
  • Dragon Prince (Royal Quest, #1)
  • Wicked Souls
  • Wolf's Howl (Shifters Confidential #1)
  • Crown Of Blood (Academy Of The Damned, #3)
  • Bear's Growl (Shifters Confidential #3)
  • Fated Dragon (Guarding Their Dragon Mate #3)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and urban fantasy romance (though she can occasionally be found writing contemporary romance). When she's not writing, she drinks a lot of tea, tries to resist French macarons, and works towards a diploma in Egyptology. She lives in the UK, where most of her books are set.

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwo

Consorts of the Goddess (3 books)
  • Trust of the Goddess (Consorts of the Goddess, #2)
  • Heart of the Goddess (Consorts of the Goddess, #3)

News & Interviews