Start by marking “Sleeping BEAUTi: A Twisted Retelling” as Want to Read:
Sleeping BEAUTi: A Twisted Retelling

Sleeping BEAUTi: A Twisted Retelling

Published December 12th 2019 by Orlando House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping BEAUTi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping BEAUTi

Start your review of Sleeping BEAUTi: A Twisted Retelling
Lana
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this story went above all my expectations, it is a very twisted re-telling of the fairy tale sleeping beauty and for Rose whose present life was exactly like a fairy tale, remembrances of her coma after her car accident take her far from a fairy tale life and straight into a horrible nightmare where she starts to doubt what is real and what is a dream. She lives in a school run by the mother nodes who are made of crystal and protect the children from the dragons till they reach the magical a ...more
Chłœ
Feb 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Great idea for Sleeping Beauty retelling

The concept of this book was brilliant. A great twist to the original Sleeping Beauty story. I was disappointed with the ending as I wanted to find out what had happened and do think this short story could have been made into a larger book.
Jackie
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic but too short. Rose has a wonderful life, but ends up being strange instead. A perfect retelling.
OldBird
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was one of the oddest, creepiest sci-fi fairy tale retelling I've ever come across, and I mean that in a good way. It takes the Sleeping Beauty theme loosely and weaves it in with young adult dystopia with chilling effect.

We meet Rose as an almost 30 year old as she remembers the strange coma-dream she had as a teenager. In it, she lived in a school surrounded by evil Dragons who wanted to steal children away. Only the care of the crystalline Mother Nodes and their goddess Efficient kept th
Saundra Wright
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of my favorite fairy tale twists. If you love sci/fi as much as I do, this is one you don’t want to miss. Should humans ever trust an AI? Grab yours today and become enchanted!

The only world Rose knew before her fifteenth birthday, was her school. The walls, the great Efficiency, and the Mother Nodes kept them all safe. Because outside the wall is where the dragons lived. Dragons that liked nothing more than human fodder.

Children were invisible to the dragons before fifteen. B
Cristy Bramhall
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rose's life is perfect. Ideal boyfriend, unimaginable wealth, and an existence anyone would kill for. But nothing is ever as it seems. Plagued by memories of a horrific nightmare she had while in a coma, Rose is starting to doubt her own reality. She can't shake images of monstrous dragons, of glass-like Nodes who control society in the name of protection, of children who are sent away and never seen again - and of Jake, her best friend, and her true love.

In this twisted retelling of the classic
Emily Jane
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
I wanted to enjoy this book so much, it sounded absolutely amazing from the description. Individually, each section of this book was excellent, but when you put them together to form a story it didn't gel. I felt confused by Rose and Philip to begin with and then even more so later in the story, which definitely did not help with the lack of gelling.

Sleeping Beauti had all the makings of a good story, and I do think it would have been better had the story been longer and allowed the author to e
Laureen
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was ok
Nice start

The storyline starts off great but just when you've gotten the hang of the plot it ends. Far too short to be called a book and with no sort of ending it can't be called a short story either. This got 2 stars only because the premise was a good one. Other then that, it was mearly a tease of a book beginning. That said, it was a waste of time because it simply was not enough of a book to engage me to the point of spending money on sequels.
Carla Reighard
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was a great mixture of fantasy and sci-fiction, which are my favorite genres mixed. It keeps you wanting to read it until the end, but it also makes you want more. I guess good short stories will do that. I still wonder what was real and what wasn't, but that is left for the reader's imagination. ...more
Lori Holuta
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first reading of a twisted fairy tale, and I am impressed by such a clever, chilling re-tell of Sleeping Beauty. The author gives us a very creative concept, well-written and no holds barred.
Bonnie Hilligoss
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Needs an ending

I loved the story, but not the end. Since there is no mention of another book, I assume it is up to the reader to devise their own ending. I like things to be wrapped up. Do a sequel!
Mallory
Nov 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I wanted more of it

It was a good story, but it was very short. I wanted more. It feels like it isn't finished, like it stopped part way through.
Tricia Toney
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was quite short and could have been fleshed out more. The ending was a bit of a twist but not completely unexpected.
Amy Jones
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, was NOT expecting that storyline. Author has a knack for going where other authors haven't gone before. Incredible read and would definitely recommend. ...more
Sanjasbestshelf
May 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun quick read that starts you off in the modern world, then goes into fantasy, then into sci fi. Very cool concept. Ending left me searching for a sequel but found out there was none 😭. Only 43 pages long. I get a sense of accomplishment from finishing books, so these small ones are nice for me to keep me going. Also a good in between read. Was pleasantly surprised at this one!
Anosha Roy
Amy
Apr 20, 2021
Maggi O'brien
Dec 14, 2019

• Merry Little Mystic Murder (Phoebe Monday Paranormal Cozies Book 1)
  • The Imaginary Friend
  • Joy of Cooking
  • Coven of Deception (Shadowhurst Mysteries)
  • Magic Thief (Croft and Sterling Paranormal PI Agency ,#1)
  • Meow (Catnip Assassins, #1)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless: Season One #1)
  • Going Nowhere
  • Even Good Girls
  • Smile (Smile, #1)
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless: Season One #5)
  • The House Next Door
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless: Season One #6)
  • Don't Know Jack (Hunt for Jack Reacher, #1)
  • Red Rain (Nameless: Season One #4)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Maggie for Hire (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #1)
  • The Girl Who Sees (Sasha Urban, #1)
I'm author of the best selling Meridia Falls series and co-author of the best selling Theme Park Mysteries series.

I'm currently knee deep in my fictional universe, the AffinityVerse. The enormous amount of stories in my head finally forced their way out and created their own playground. I'm loving every magic-infused second of exploring it.

I'm married and live with my wife, two kids and cats in Do

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...