Start by marking “Sleeping BEAUTi: A Twisted Retelling” as Want to Read:
Sleeping BEAUTi: A Twisted Retelling

Sleeping BEAUTi: A Twisted Retelling

Rose's life is perfect. Ideal boyfriend, unimaginable wealth, and an existence anyone would kill for. But nothing is ever as it seems. Plagued by memories of a horrific nightmare she had while in a coma, Rose is starting to doubt her own reality. She can't shake images of monstrous dragons, of glass-like Nodes who control society in the name of protection, of children who ...more
Published December 12th 2019 by Orlando House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping BEAUTi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping BEAUTi

Start your review of Sleeping BEAUTi: A Twisted Retelling
Lana
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this story went above all my expectations, it is a very twisted re-telling of the fairy tale sleeping beauty and for Rose whose present life was exactly like a fairy tale, remembrances of her coma after her car accident take her far from a fairy tale life and straight into a horrible nightmare where she starts to doubt what is real and what is a dream. She lives in a school run by the mother nodes who are made of crystal and protect the children from the dragons till they reach the magical ...more
OldBird
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was one of the oddest, creepiest sci-fi fairy tale retelling I've ever come across, and I mean that in a good way. It takes the Sleeping Beauty theme loosely and weaves it in with young adult dystopia with chilling effect.

We meet Rose as an almost 30 year old as she remembers the strange coma-dream she had as a teenager. In it, she lived in a school surrounded by evil Dragons who wanted to steal children away. Only the care of the crystalline Mother Nodes and their goddess Efficient kept
Saundra Wright
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of my favorite fairy tale twists. If you love sci/fi as much as I do, this is one you don’t want to miss. Should humans ever trust an AI? Grab yours today and become enchanted!

The only world Rose knew before her fifteenth birthday, was her school. The walls, the great Efficiency, and the Mother Nodes kept them all safe. Because outside the wall is where the dragons lived. Dragons that liked nothing more than human fodder.

Children were invisible to the dragons before fifteen.
Lori Holuta
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first reading of a twisted fairy tale, and I am impressed by such a clever, chilling re-tell of Sleeping Beauty. The author gives us a very creative concept, well-written and no holds barred.
Bonnie Hilligoss
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Needs an ending

I loved the story, but not the end. Since there is no mention of another book, I assume it is up to the reader to devise their own ending. I like things to be wrapped up. Do a sequel!
Anosha Roy

• I Killed Adolf Hitler
  • The Joy of Cooking
  • Gretel: A Fairytale Retold
  • Bone: Quest for the Spark, Vol. 2
  • The Mystery Boxes (Explorer, #1)
  • Christmas Nights (Diamond Creek, Alaska #6)
  • Bone, Vol, 1: Out from Boneville (Bone, #1)
  • Dawn Girl (Special Agent Tess Winnett, #1)
  • Inside Her
  • Summer Unplugged (Summer Unplugged, #1)
I'm author of the best selling Meridia Falls series and co-author of the best selling Theme Park Mysteries series.

I'm currently knee deep in my fictional universe, the AffinityVerse. The enormous amount of stories in my head finally forced their way out and created their own playground. I'm loving every magic-infused second of exploring it.

I'm married and live with my wife, two kids and cats in