Start by marking “Sleeper” as Want to Read:
Sleeper

Sleeper

SHANE MILLER SLEEP DIARY:

Went to bed at: Late.
How long it took to fall asleep: Forever. I have insomnia. Duh.
Number of caffeinated beverages you had consumed: Zero. Thanks for advising me to quit!

My stress level is off the charts.
I cant sleep right on a normal day, and lately my days are filled with the best kind of chaos.
My ex-wife and husband number two are
Kindle Edition
Published December 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sleeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeper

Start your review of Sleeper
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
IMG_3675

This is a contemporary rom-com type of read and was my first book by this author.
Shane is a movie-star single dad of adorable five-year-old twins.
Willa is his best friends sister a perfumer by trade she also has had a crush on him for years.
So Shane is a bit of an insomniac and his nanny has left to get married on short notice leaving him in a pickle.
Luckily Willa has experience and is in need of a temporary job problem solved.
So this was an amusing easy read told in dual POV.
I liked both the
Syndi
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it
When I read The Plus Ones, I am blown away with that sassy smart and hilarious banter. And I falls in love with Keaton. So imagine my excitement when I pick Sleeper. I thought I am going to have that hilarious rom com.

Sleeper is not what I expect. Its fall short actually. There is no Keaton hero in Sleeper. Instead Shane is boring. Well he has insomnia and it is still funny listening to his sleeping diary, the joke is far cry from The Plus One. Willa is the funny one. She is nerdy and quickly I
Dilek VT
3,5 stars but not 4.

*********************************************

I am not the right reader for single dad books because they always involve a lot of scenes with the children and I dont like children in my romance books, children are not romantic. Thats why I normally avoid books in which children play an important role but a friend said this was indeed a sweet book so I decided to deal with the scenes involving children.

- Did I like the kids in this book? Not very.

- Did they spoil the romance
Mina
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Okay! Loved the first quarter of the book! Willa was quirky and said whatever was on her mind and I instantly liked her.
Shane was meeh, the usual hot single dad with kids blablabla
I settled into it quickly and I thought I'd love it but I got bored before I reached halfway.
The ex-wife was weird, I mean you're either nice or you're not there's no inbetween and the daughter was just plain weird.. and she was a snitch too! Snitches get stitches Summer!
Anyway I ended up seriously skimming the book
nikki
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
𝘞𝘩𝘰𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘴, 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶? 𝘏𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘹𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘧𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘨𝘶𝘺.

Oh boy! I just got done laughing my socks off...AGAIN!! After meeting Shane in Troublemaker I knew I had to go back and read his story...and guess what?! I am soooooo in love with this guy its not even funny...well actually, it is funny, because this book is bloody hilarious! Shane and Willa are absolutely perfect
Thuy Taylor
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DON'T SLEEP ON THIS BOOK! HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE KAYLEY BOOK TO DATE! Shane Miller will steal your hearts and you're not going to want it back!

Shane and Willa met way back in the day, she had a massive teen hollywood crush on Shane. Shane and Nico(Willa's brother) were Disney child stars in a tv show together. She felt this brief connection they had that day, hoping maybe they could cross paths one day, but realized over the years, chalked it up as just a crush. Until she moves back home to the
Jen
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shane Miller, I am absolutely, completely, over the top in love with you! God, I want to write a diary and devote it just to you... all the things you do to me! I LOVE YOU!!

Sleeper was just everything I look for in a book! Kayley Loring, you made me laugh, swoon, and fall in love. I adored this book and can't wait for whatever you have coming out next!!
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 1 Dec 29 Jan 4 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk
Book Snob Sue
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lmao-funny, cute, hea
This book was so funny. These two meet the first time when shes 12 and hes 16, she has a huge crush on him. Shanes a big time tv star that works with her brother. Fast forward 12 years, she is back from overseas and ends up being a nanny for his 5 year old twins. And here is where all the fun really starts. Just too funny.

Willa is a quirky, adorably awkward nerdy girl, which I loved her character. Her awkwardness was the funniest and most endearing thing about her. He really got her, in a way
Annie's reading corner
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a cute read. I loved the characters, the pace of the story, everything about it. The style of writing was very amusing and the plot was well-developed with no unnecessary drama. Perfect!
I have a hot single dad and little kids who steal your heart, what more can I ask for?
I wouldn't mind reading a bit more of these characters in the future.
I'll definitely check more Kayley's books out.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

After reading Charmer and realizing there was a book prior to it, I knew I had to check it out. I loved this single dad actor, best friends little sister story. The characters werent typical, the situation a bit unique, and oh who am I kidding the hero was a good guy hero which is my crack, so yes I loved this one.

Shane Miller was a teenage heart-throb Disney star who has managed to transition to adult movie star even though some of his roles have been a bit questionable. He has two
Kelly
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a slow Burn romance full of sarcasm and wit. The single father and the nanny, but they knew each other when they were younger and reconnected.
It was an entertaining story.
AJ
4.5 stars!

OMG, what a gorgeous read! Sweet, sexy and laugh-out-loud funny, this trope-packed delight of a read is a movie star, brothers best friend, single parent, nanny/boss romance that is full of chemistry and fun moments, and I freaking loved it!

Willa fell in love with Shane Miller when she was 12 years old. He was 16 and the star of a tv show that also featured her older brother. They shared one moment that left its mark on the impressionable young pre-teen and ever since then no man ever
Anne OK
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun to read with a wonderful cast of characters. Great dialogue with lots of laughs.
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Im going to go on the record and say that this book has made my Top 5 List of 2019. Just yes. This book is everything all wrapped up with a pretty little scented bow.
Shane and Willa are the funniest characters I have read in forever. They are so very different from each other but ever so perfect for one another.
He is an incredibly successful actor, sexy as hell, exhausted single dad. She is a perfumer and is as quirky as she is beautiful. In the 12 years since she met her teenage crush (who
Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog)
Sleeper was an adorably sweet Brothers Best Friends Romantic Comedy that was light on the angst and heavy on the cuteness!

Shane and Willa were an adorable couple that brought out the best in each other, they clearly had a connection from the beginning. There relationship was fast paced because of this connection and a little bit to do with there history as well.

Sleeper was an adorable listen, the kids are a cute addition and the history between Shane and Willa gave it another level of sweetness
Sammie
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's very rare I find a romance nowadays that doesn't have stupid drama or silly miscommunications or somebody to be the bad guy coming in to stir things up! And though I always hate it when I come to that inevitable part - I always figured it was required. I realised reading this book that it's not actually necessary to a story and I LOVE that it wasnt needed for this one.

I love this book for putting 2 sane and rational (while also weird and funny) people together and making it just WORK. I
CLEO
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
This was my first book by Kaley and I usually dont read a lot of Rom-Com and this was so enjoyable!!

Im such a sucker for Single Dad Romance and this checked all the right boxes.

Shane has gone through a divorce and is sharing custody of his twins when his ex-wife has to travel on location for a movie and his nanny unexpectedly quits. Deprived of sleep and keeping up with the twins hes in desperate need of a replacement. Here comes Willa his best friend younger sister who he met long ago, not
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, arc
This book was adorable! I loved the narrators and Shane and Willa were so cute together. Shane was a child turned adult actor and it was refreshing to see him be all about family instead of women on rotation. I loved how Willa had a crush on Shane since she was 12 and how cute they were interacting with eachother. After all these years they were still drawn to one another. It was a steamy, quick light read.
Kate R
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Well, Kayley Loring, I might be a little obsessed with you! Seriously, this author slayed this one! I only found Kayley Loring this year, yet she has written all my favorite books this year, and she is quickly moving up to the top of my favorite author list. Shes always consistent and this was no exception. This book was an absolute joy to read and I did not want to put it down at all!

Sleeper hits on a couple tropes: best friends little sister, Hollywood romance, and nanny/employer. But, it didn
leela
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
* 2.5 stars ?? maybe ?? i cant figure this book out. it started out amazing the first book thats made me actually smile in a while but after about halfway through the drama just annoyed me. i loved shane & willa so much, but the whole give up your dream to be with my demonic daughter and my cheating ex-wife and mother of said demonic daughter ruined everything for me. i literally ended up reading the second half of the book with a frown on my face, because i felt like willa deserved SO ...more
Jeeves Reads Romance
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Kayley Loring book Ive read? Yeah, it was. This is all about the chemistry, with a light and sexy feel with minimal angst. I fell for our hero, Shane, from the start. He was so adorable, sweet, and loving with an alpha side that came out at just the right times. Theres also something so incredibly sexy about a good dad, and Shanes kids play a major role in the story, which just amplified all of the cuteness and humor tenfold. I loved it from start to finish.

The story follows Shane, a former
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Sleeper by Kayley Loring
Pleasant surprise, 5 stars

About once a month I try a new to me author and this month I chose Loring. And surprised I was. I loved Sleeper and was hooked. I love a good falling for best friends sibling book, I love a good fall in love with the nanny book, and in a slightly quirky heroine and Im sold. Sleeper had all three so there was no way I couldnt love it. I cant wait to see what Loring does next.
Shane was a teenage heart throb actor who has since moved to the big
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Move over Keaton Bridges because Shane Miller just dethroned you as my favorite Kayley book boyfriend.

I loved Shane and Willa from the start. The Hollywood Star and the awkward, nerdy perfumer. Their initial meet cute was super awkward and hilarious and everything you would have expected from a young girl meeting her teenage crush. Flash forward many years and when they meet again it is just as amazing.

I loved the inner thoughts from both Shane and Willa throughout the story, it provided some
Ga Books LoverX
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I freaking adored this book, it was a funny and sweet and checked all of the boxes for a great Romantic Comedy! Shane and Willa have an instant connection but there are a few factors in the way:
1) Willa had a HUGE crush on Shane when she was younger....
2) Shane is her brother's best friend....
3) Willa just signed up to be Shane's nanny, so she will be living in the house with him.....
Add in a super overprotective ex-wife, and you have some makings for a fun and crazy story and Kayley Loring
Kari Hansen
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After studying overseas Willa finds herself back in her hometown looking for a job in her field and living with her brother. When she has the opportunity to become a live-in nanny to her brothers best friend, who also happens to be her childhood celebrity crush, what could possibly go wrong?

Shane is a successful actor who finds himself as the sole parent to his five year old twins while his ex-wife is out of the country for two months. Between his career, his insomnia and his children his
2OCC Reviews
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
This was a super cute rom-com with a single dad and his best friends sister who turns nanny. It was light in drama, had great steam and a beautiful romance that formed and prevailed without much fuss. The kids were super adorable. They added a layer to the story and it made me smile. I wont spoil the story but it has no triggers and just a perfect laid back read that will keep you entertained from start to finish. 4 stars #2OCCJD ...more
Mom Seeks Smut
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kayley Loring is quickly becoming one of my go-to rom-com authors. This might be my favorite to date!

Willa is awkward and nerdy and so freaking cute. I absolutely loved loved loved her character. The two together make for so many great laughable moments that will have you giggling and falling just a little more for them!
Jo
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hands down one of my favourite books of 2019!!!

I absolutely fell head over heels in love with Shane, Willa and the twins!!! Best kids in a book!!

The story is amazing. Their love is amazing. Its just an all-round perfect book.

Thank you, Kayley for sharing this with us! <3
Rachel Dunk
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my heart, he whispers into my ear as he places the necklace around my neck. I want you to wear it to remind yourself that it belongs to you now.

If youve been following me and my reviews, you may remember how, when I first started, I didnt like to read books with children in them. I always felt like the children took away from the romance and caused issues and sometimes they were just plain annoying. BUT, as time went on and I began reading more and more books with children in them, I

• Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Warm Me Softly
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • The Husband Checklist
  • Marshmallow (Sweet Curves #1)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Conheartists
  • Reckless With You (Less Than, #2)
  • Dead Man's Hand (Vegas Underground, #7)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Your Christmas Love (The Bennett Family, #10)
  • Priceless
  • Alpha Bully (Wolf Ridge High, #1)
  • Redemption: A Surprise Pregnancy Romance
  • Hey Neighbour
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)

To receive emails about NEW RELEASES please sign up for the newsletter here: