Start by marking “Retaliation (The Oceanstone Initiative #2)” as Want to Read:
Retaliation (The Oceanstone Initiative #2)

Retaliation (The Oceanstone Initiative #2)

One doctor, one alien lover, one botanist, and one engineer on a desperate mission to save earth from human destruction.

Sakota saved Astraeus and her friends from certain death, but in doing so, she gained the attention of the Oreck, who will stop at nothing to destroy everything in their path.

With their ship severely damaged, Sakota and her crew land on a nearby planet
Published December 27th 2019 by Covey Publishing, LLC.

To ask other readers questions about Retaliation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retaliation

Start your review of Retaliation (The Oceanstone Initiative #2)
Jennifer G
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
With their ship damaged after the attack by the Oreck, Sakota and her remaining friends are desperately in need of a settled planet. Astraeus manages to get them to another part of the universe where they crash land on a superior planet and ask for sanctuary. While they are given sanctuary they are definitely not welcomed. It becomes apparent that even the most beautiful places can hide darkness within

This is a worthy follow-up to the first book. Again, it is a well-written, multi-layered
Joy
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What if...black holes could be used as Worm holes?? And what about those gravity strings...could they be used as highways between galaxies?

With an educated imagination leading us, we once again set off on a journey with author Haley Cavanagh to....worlds unknown. A multi-leveled story that captures us once again:
Level 1== great Sci-fi adventure into the future with powerful intelligent beings
Level 2==explores the feelings, trials and achievements of one viewed as worthless from the POV of the 1%
Susanne
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Book two, and what a badass she becomes! A really good book that keeps you on your toes- all the way through! What happens now? ;)
Michelle
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, 5-star-read, arc
Retaliation is the continuation of Sakota and Astraeus's journey and I definitely recommend you read book one of this series "Astraeus" otherwise you will be missing an important part of this series. This is a captivating read and I had a hard time putting it down. I even bought take out for dinner so I could continue reading. I love Astraeus and Sakota's connection and how great they are for each other. Haley Cavanagh has created an amazing world filled with intriguing characters, a fantastic ...more
Rachel Brune
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They say life is a series of obstacle preventing you from reading your book, and that was true in this case! And I didn’t like it because this next installment in the series is awesome! The Oreck are still around but the bad guys in this novel are more insidious and sneaky. The romance is hot and heavy (and super sweet at the same time), and the heroine just keeps kicking ass. Can’t wait to read the next one!!
Steven Daniels
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Now I understand the book cover. The story continues for Sakota, Astraeus, Tatiana, and Hisoka, and things get complicated. No spoilers here. Hisoka is as sarcastic and funny as ever, and Sakota strives to exceed her own expectations of herself. Read book one if you haven't and move right on to Retaliation.
Pat
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The great character and storyline development kept me totally engaged as each and every page was turned! I was so engrossed in this story that I read this book in one sitting!
Aimee
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice continuation of this story. We get to see a whole new planet and alien race in this one, which is always fun in sci-fi genres. We meet some interesting characters as well as deal with some unexpected situations. Sakota does her best to adjust in this new place while still trying to complete her main mission. Not too much romance but we see some progression in Sakota and Astraeus's relationship. Definitely be interesting to see what comes next.
Kathleen Johnstone
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Once again good book just no real draw for me. I do like how it's progressing tho and I'm curious what will happen next.
Luke Cavanagh
Robin Davis
Rita Wray
Darlene Owen
Dec 24, 2019

• Jamison's Choice (Second Chances Book 1)
  • Apocalypse: A Dystopian Anthology
  • Feline the Flames (The Firehouse Feline, #2)
  • Magical Misfit (Magic And Megaphysics Academy, #3)
  • Flames of Rage (The Lost Fae, #3)
  • Breaking Up with Barrett (The English Brothers, #1; Blueberry Lane, #1)
  • An Egg for Ansel (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #2)
  • Purgatory City (Through the Gates, #1)
  • The Obedients (The Show Book 1)
  • Boys and Burlesque
  • Crisis of Conscience: Whistleblowing in an Age of Fraud
  • The Graveyard Book
  • Kiss Me Like a Stranger: My Search for Love and Art
  • Between (Tory's School for the Troubled #1)
  • Deal Breaker (Heart of the Nebula #2)
  • There and Back Again: An Actor's Tale
  • Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump
  • Learning to Soar
Haley Cavanagh is an Army veteran, author, and playwright. She resides in the United States and enjoys spending time with her family. She also writes romance novels as Roxanne D. Howard.