Start by marking “A Country Dilemma” as Want to Read:

A Country Dilemma

TBD
ebook
Published February 20th 2020 by Aria

To ask other readers questions about A Country Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Country Dilemma

Start your review of A Country Dilemma
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

The moment Christies eyes met Stephen Newburys, the attraction was instant. Across a hectic, rowdy pub packed to the rafters with rugby players and hen parties, they homed in on each other like radars. When their gazes locked, time stood still. Stephens pint glass hovered mid-drink, whilst Christie halted, her conversation abruptly stopped. An urge between the two pulled like a magnetic force, bringing them together in the thick of the crowds.

Being dead didnt make
Grace J Reviewerlady
To begin with I was dismayed to realise that this was second in a series, but it didn't take long for me to realise that, in amongst my 200 plus books read each year, I had already enjoyed the first!

With new owners of The Templar moving into the village, some changes are afoot but things don't always go to plan. Christie Newbury isn't the only newcomer and it's not long before we're wrapped up in both their lives as well as catching up with the original characters.

This is a lovely second novel!
Donna Maguire

I love the cover for this book and thought that it was a really enjoyable story!

I thought that the story was very well written and has some really developed characters, I warmed to the main characters from the start and at times I just wanted to give them big hugs!

I thought that the book was set at a great pace for the story itself and the author has a brilliant writing style that worked really well with this book. It was a lovely story to be able to relax
Julie
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fans of Veronica Henry and Fiona Walker who havent yet discovered Sasha Morgans delightful, uplifting and feel-good rural romps set in the charming village of Treweham are missing out on a treat. Packed with scandal, secrets and shenanigans, the latest stand-alone instalment of this fabulous series, A Country Dilemma, is an immensely enjoyable tale readers are just going to lap up.

Christie Newbury thought that all her Christmases had come at once when she had met a wonderful man called Stephen
Amanda
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read and loved Sasha's previous two books and I couldn't wait to get hold of a copy of her latest novel. Well ladies and gents the wait is over because Sasha's latest novel called 'A Country Dilemma' was released today (20th February 2020). It's another cracking read and I thoroughly enjoyed reading every single minute of it, but more about that in a bit.
This book came along at the right time for me. I was feeling a little low and in need of a light hearted read that would distract me
Gaele
Oh Christie and David both so broken by their own separate experiences, but determined to move forward with reworked dreams and chances for new lives. With Christies soon to be ex-husband moving on with a co-worker and leaving her to fend for herself with the pub in the Cotswolds, The Templar, shes hoping that Dermot will agree to help her transition into ownership, at least until his daughter Finulas wedding.

David is searching for a quiet place to raise his daughter Emily, as he hopes to gain
Jane Hunt
Ive enjoyed the first two books in this series, and A Country Dilemma, is a fitting ending to the trilogy. In many ways, this is my favourite book, perhaps because I am familiar with many of the characters, yet still, get to enjoy a new story, with new characters too. The story is standalone, and you are given the necessary backstory to enjoy it, but its such a good series, for those who like country life, with all its peculiarities. Treat yourself, and read all three books.

The main focus of
Kim
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christie and her husband decide to relocate to Trewham in the heart of the Cotswolds. Their mission is to buy the village pub, The Templar but at the last minute, her husband reveals he no longer is interested and pulls out, leaving Christie with the only option open to her to go it alone. When she arrives she is greeted by Dermot the owner she is buying from, with his support she decides to give it a go.

Daniel is looking for a secure place to raise his little girl Emily, being in a custody
Pam Robertson
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it

This is the third in a series, but I can honestly say that it can be read as a standalone. You are able to catch up with the backstories of the principal characters and quickly get a feel for the dynamics within the village of Treweham. You follow the lives of several couples and are also introduced to two newcomers to the village, Christie and Daniel.

This is an ideal escapist read. The author has said that she writes romance with a bit of 'spice' so if that is your preference, you will be
Mystica
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set in Trewenham the setting is idyllic. The history of the characters if turbulent but that is a previous story. Right now we have the heir to the Castle being the apple of his parents eyes, then we have a fairytale wedding of Matt and Finula, we have the sad breakup of Christie and her husband almost on the eve of their setting up a new home and then devastating news of Sebastian's illness and how to cope with it, then Daniel facing his marriage breaking up and fighting a desperate custody ...more
julianne
Jan 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
This was painful to read, it didn't resonate with me for a long list of reasons.

The characterisation was one dimensional and felt really fake. The characters themselves were bland and uninteresting. The story was too much, half the characters should have been culled from the book to engage the reader more. The descriptions were either overblown or lacking in detail - there was no middle ground. And, the spice the author apparently specialises in was so bad it was almost funny, full of cliches.
Kim
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didnt really enjoy this. The author bio mentions that the author writes romantic fiction with a bit of spice but the spice fell flat for me and was almost laughably bad. Lots of the language and descriptions used in the sex scenes read like bad satire.

On top of that none of the characters resonated with me and they all seemed stiff, formal, and fake. Way too much going on in one book to get the reader comfortable and interested in one set of characters. A lot of the dialogue was also stiff
Shannon Volker
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute, light hearted- somewhat- read. It switched between 4 or so perspectives- which is one thing I didnt really like about it. It was easy to follow, I just felt like I was reading a bunch of different books with a bunch of different story lines. It was a bit of a slow read- despite the very short chapters. I felt as if things were over explained, and a lot of unnecessary things were used as fillers. There was a lot of tragedy, yet things still worked out for the best. Overall, ...more
Kathleen Gray
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christie and Daniel both find themselves in the village of Treweham in the Cotswolds. She's moved to buy and run the Templar, a dream she thought she shared with her husband. Not. Now she's got the whole thing on her plate alone. Daniel is looking for a good place for his daughter Emily. Oh, and he's an architect. This is one of those takes a village romances that is fine as a standalone if you haven't read the earlier books. It's light and a tad predictable but a good read for a lazy day. ...more
Janette
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of Sasha Morgan's which I have read and I really enjoyed it. I didn't realise it was part of a series and did enjoy this as a standalone novel. I will now read the other books in the series.

An easy read with a likeable cast of characters set in a lovely village setting. This is a fun, lighthearted read, perfect for a holiday book or a Sunday afternoon.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review
Helen
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved reading this story. It was a perfect escape as I read it over a busy Christmas time. I enjoyed the stories of the different characters and how they intertwined as they went about their lives in the Cotswold village. I enjoyed being led through Christie's journey from her arrival at The Templar pub in a state of disaray to... well, I won't spoil the ending for you.
Annarella
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
An entertaining and engrossing read with a great story line and a well thought cast of characters.
I liked the setting, the characters and the storytelling.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Tracy
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
An absolute feel good book!!!
Tarang Sinha
Did not finish.
Katherine Hayward Pérez
I loved the first 2 novels from the series and it was great to be back at Treweham Hall.

I liked how some of the characters' backstory was revisited as it has been awhile since book 2 and I needed to refresh my memory.

A Country Dilemma is full of Sasha Morgan's signature style, love of the Cotswolds and a laid-back life that characters often dream of but don't always get.

I was sad when Dermot decided to sell up, happy for his daughter's wedding and hopeful then sympathetic for the new owner.

Annette
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of the village of Treweham, an estate, a racing stable and a theater company. The population of this community has been in earlier books. Although this is the most recent book in the series, it is easy to follow the action. Characters and situations from previous stories are fully explained to the reader.

This book wraps up other stories as well presenting us with two new characters, Christie and Daniel.

Christie and her husband plan to purchase the pub, The Templar. They are
Mar 12, 2020
Anne O'Connor
Mar 26, 2020

• Starting Over at Acorn Cottage
  • The Tanglewood Wedding Shop (Tanglewood Village #3)
  • The Neighbours
  • The House by the Sea
  • A Dozen Second Chances
  • A Mother's Secret
  • Clover Cottage
  • The Grace Kelly Dress
  • Dreaming of Verona
  • The Runaway Girl
  • Poison: A gripping gangland crime thriller with a sinister sting
  • A Riviera Retreat
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Revelations of a Secret Princess (Harlequin Presents)
  • Unexpected Lessons in Love
  • Five Wakes and a Wedding
  • The Place We Call Home
  • Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
Sasha lives in a coastal village in Lancashire, in the North West of England with her husband and Labrador dog, Zac and has a grown up son.

Besides novels, she writes articles, short stories and is on the writing team for a childrens publishers.

She loves drinking wine, walking her dog and curling up with a good book.

News & Interviews