Start by marking “Dead Week (A Cassandra Sato Mystery Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Dead Week (A Cassandra Sato Mystery Book 2)

Dead Week (A Cassandra Sato Mystery Book 2)

Will Dead Week kill Cassandra's career?

VP of Student Affairs Cassandra Sato has a desk full of problems and it's not even Thanksgiving break.

Cassandra's new boss talks to her dead husband. Cassandra's mentor thinks he's a superhero in a senior citizen's body. And Cassandra, recently moved from Hawai'i, can't crack the code of what to wear during November in Nebraska.

Published December 11th 2019 by Emerald Prairie Press

To ask other readers questions about Dead Week, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Week

Start your review of Dead Week (A Cassandra Sato Mystery Book 2)
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Dead Week – The last full week of classes before final exams, a period of substantial and predictable quiet study time for undergraduate students.

With Dead Week quickly approaching Student Affairs VP Cassandra Sato is juggling student issues, a deaf advocacy project, a new college President, and a Nebraska Winter. Her Diversity Council is barely underway when a student is injured. A student that had a mission of her own. When her injury gets national media attention her story
Brooke Banks
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Happy Wednesday! I hope ya'll remember my review of Death by Dissertation, if not please check it out now. Today I've got the sequel, Dead Week. It's a different sort of cozy set in Nebraska as Cassandra moves from Hawaii to be an administrator at Morton College, where her BFF is a deaf interper.
About Dead Week:

Dead Week Cover reveal teaser with quote
IMHO: Dead Week
Cassandra Sato is back!
Rebecca Douglass
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Cassandra Sato is back, and so is chaos and disruption at little Morton College. Academia has a long memory, and Cassandra is caught in the middle when a student starts something too big for her to handle. The mystery that develops is partly about a long-ago student's death, and partly about who is so upset about it and why. Brakenhoff does a great job of creating a compelling mystery without much of a body-count, because she is really writing about humans and their motivations.

I enjoyed the
Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review)
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-work
Kelly Brakenhoff has done it again, another brilliant book that keeps you guessing until the end!

Cassandra Sato has started to settle into her new job, although the weather leaves much to be desired! Changes are afoot however, her boss has retired and an interim president has been appointed, the problem is that Dr Winter seems bent on removing some of the diversity changes that have been set up, meaning that the ones that Cassandra and her friend Meg are hoping to introduce wont happen either.
Chris
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second book was just as enjoyable as the first. Cassandra is getting more comfortable, meeting her colleagues, and preparing for a Nebraska winter despite missing her Hawaiian home. The Morton College faculty, staff, and students are realistic with their unique quirks in this well-written mystery. I appreciated the advocacy for the deaf community woven within the dynamics of living in a small town and working at a college. I look forward to seeing what next semester brings for Cassandra.
Brent Welsch
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome one!

Kelly has done it again. Like I said when I reviewed Death By Dissertation, I'm not a fan of fiction, but this book hits home for me as a Deaf person. I could actually relate to this book, Rachel's experiences, the small college experience, all of it. The story was just riveting. A must read. I look forward to Kelly's next book in this series.
Peggy Lange
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this. I like to Kelly’s first book, but the plot in this one seems even more complex. Cassandra Sato is earnest and hardworking, but I especially appreciate her dry wit. I look forward to book 3 in the series.
Ronna Meyer
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was so good. I loved it!!! Can’t wait for another. Great job Kelly.
Christy
Margo Sue
Veronica
Bonnie

• Noel Street
  • Hems and Homicide (Apron Shop #1)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #1)
  • A Mysterious Mix Up (Allie Cobb Mystery #3)
  • Come Homicide or High Water
  • Survival Can Be Deadly: A Discount Detective Mystery
  • The Matchmaker’s Rogue (Grace-By-The-Sea Book 1)
  • The Dating Charade
  • Wishin' and Hopin'
  • Southern Harm (A Southern B&B Mystery #2)
  • In Love by Christmas
  • The Christmas Star (Christmas Hope #9)
  • Something for You
  • No Way to Die: A Ming Dynasty Mystery (A Ming Dynasty Mystery, #2)
  • Echoes Among the Stones
KELLY BRAKENHOFF is an American Sign Language Interpreter whose motivation for learning ASL began in high school when she wanted to converse with her deaf friends.

Her first novel, Death by Dissertation, kicked off the Cassandra Sato Mystery Series. She also wrote Never Mind, first in a children’s picture book series featuring Duke the Deaf Dog. She serves on the Board of Editors for the Registry