Start by marking “Third Man In (The Playmakers #2)” as Want to Read:
Third Man In (The Playmakers #2)

Third Man In

(The Playmakers #2)

Pro hockey player T.J. Shanstrom is no stranger to controversy. Labeled a goon by his many critics, he’s the guy every team hates to play against but every team wants on their side—the goal scorer with an edge as deadly as a newly sharpened skate blade.

T.J. plays the only way he can, laying everything on the line, game in, game out. But when it’s time to step away from
Published December 16th 2019 by Trefoil Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Third Man In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Third Man In

Start your review of Third Man In (The Playmakers #2)
Karen
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow. It's a new author for me and I approve. I love hockey romance and this fits the bill. The characters are well developed. I guess I knew TJ had a rough up bringing but it wasn't until nearly the end that you get the full story. No, don't read the end first, you!!

I really liked Natalie. She was hard working and had a great heart. It's so rewarding to read that her goodness really means something and it shadows over TJ.

Loved the dog's name...Ford. LOL
Suzette
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely awesome story. The characters are very well done and the storyline is pure magic. T. J. is a man haunted by his past. He is scared to show anyone who he truly is. Natalie seems to be caught in a nightmare. She is lovely and giving. When there world collides both lives will change. This is an emotional story. It will leave you laughing at the antics of T. J., Natalie’s bad jokes, the No Excuses team members, and Ford the dog. You will also shed a tear at the terror that was T.J’s ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Overall I liked this book. I will admit that it felt a little long. It all begins with T.J. hitting a guy on the ice. Things turned ugly and he was punished. Unfortunately, the guy suffered serious injuries. When T.J. gets traded he ends up meeting Natalie. The problem is that she is dating the guy he hurt. Of course she finds out everything but in the end it all works out for them.
Jen
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in The Playmakers series. I did not read the first book in the series but plan to go back, it was not needed to enjoy this book. First off, I love the cover. TJ is an intense man and hockey player, he always brings everything to the table and leaves it all out there. He is the guy that you fear to be on the opposite side but love to have at your back. Relationships are not in his wheelhouse and he has no intention of going there again. Natalie comes with her own sense of ...more
Debbie Orazi
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really well written enemies to lovers romance. Natalie is a CPA, dog sitter, bookkeeper and has just started dating NHL star Kevin May. T.J. Shanstrom is an enforcer for the San Jose Earthquake hockey team. TJ punches Kevin in a game and Kevin ends up with brain damage. Natalie feels obligated to spend time with Kevin even though his ex-wife is there. TJ gets traded to Colorado and he is setup to take the fall for Kevin's injury by his old team. He runs into Natalie at the hospital ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not being one to live and breathe hockey, I’ve never had any particular love or hate for the enforcers. This book has enlightened me so much on what that position entails. TJ has enough emotional baggage to sink a whole fleet of ocean liners and just about all of it is heartbreakingly tragic. Even though she’s not carrying around as much as he is, Natalie has her share of baggage too. I loved watching this pair navigate the quicksand around them. And their friends and family were almost as much ...more
Silvia
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic!
Loved this book! It gave me the feels the whole way through. I love that T.J., although a huge hockey star, is so very human with very real flaws and demons. His story kind of broke my heart. I felt so much for him. He really was a wonderful, kindhearted man! I liked Natalie. I loved the fact that she wanted to be there for Kevin. T.J. And all his crazy yet well intentioned acts stole the show for me. And don’t even get me started and T.J. And Ford together! Heart melting!
Cassie
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Danielle Shaw
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an arc copy for a review

Actually found this book really thrilling

T.j Is a hockey player who after getting into some issues gets traded and falls for the girl he shouldn’t but will she fall for him

To keep his identity secret from everyone he makes a slight change to his appearance and name

But will she find out and if she does what will happen then

It’s a good read and I’d recommend giving it a read
Sharon Jones
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is a whole lot of story in this book, but I have to say every part of it needed to be written.
At first I was getting annoyed that it seemed to take forever for TJ and Natalie to meet, but as this part of the story plays out it really couldn’t have been written any other way.
This is my first book by this author and it definitely won’t be my last.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book.
Linda Olinger
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was amazing! The story had so many twists and turns and sub plots! T. J. Is a hockey player, and enforcer. At the direction of his coach he “takes out” another player and injures him so badly that it ends his career. Then while visiting the injured player T. J. Meets a beautiful woman to whom he is attracted. As luck would have it she is the injured players girlfriend.

This is a touching novel about actions and consequences. I lived it!
Melinda Swaine
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really loving this series so far!!

Really loving this series so far. The chemistry between the characters is sizzling and I loved the crazy ride these two took me on. All the ups and downs and the drama they had to get their HEA, made this book a great read. Can’t wait for the next book. Happy reading!!
Melissa
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: hidden-arc
This is a little slow going but it felt drawn out. JT is a hockey player that ended up with assaulting another player and it didn't end up well for him. Natalie is the other player's girlfriend in a sort of difficult situation.
I'm voluntarily reviewing this after receiving from Hidden Arcs.
Julia
Dawn
Julia
Iara
Dec 22, 2019

• Destiny on Ice (Boys of Winter, #1)
  • Yours: A Virgin Romance
  • Forward Progress (Men of Fall #1)
  • Fair Catch (Men of Fall #2)
  • Drop Pass (Utah Fury Hockey Book 8)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Meditate on This (Love Hurts, #3)
  • All the Days After (Foothills, #1)
  • They Started with a Kiss (Magnolia Valley, #8)
  • Sold to Santa
  • Exposed (Black Light #2)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Hush: A Christmas Romance
  • Come To Me (Come Undone Book 3)
  • The Virgin Gift
  • Dirty Swedish Player (Big Stick, #3)
  • Come Undone: A Love Triangle
  • Attacking Zone (Utah Fury Hockey Book 4)
G.K. Brady was born in Japan and grew up in Vietnam and Singapore—and many would argue she has yet to grow up.

Since childhood, all sorts of stories and characters have lived in her imagination, elbowing one another for attention, so she’s finally giving them their voice on the written page.

A writer of contemporary romance, she loves telling tales of the less-than-perfect hero or heroine who

The Playmakers (2 books)
  • Taming Beckett (The Playmakers #1)