Start by marking “The Life She Wants (Granite Springs #3)” as Want to Read:
The Life She Wants (Granite Springs #3)

The Life She Wants

(Granite Springs #3)

She’s a strait-laced, inhibited career woman. He’s an aging hippie who acts without thinking. What could they possibly have in common?

Fran Reilly has hidden a secret sorrow for the past thirty years. But turning fifty and losing her mother forces her to re-evaluate her future. Returning to her home in Granite Springs, she’s determined to make changes to her well-o

Kindle Edition
Published March 9th 2020 by Cala Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Life She Wants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life She Wants

Start your review of The Life She Wants (Granite Springs #3)
Sharon
Just when I believed this series couldn’t get any better, along comes The Life She Wants. I simply can’t seem to get enough of this series (Granite Springs). Aussie Author Maggie Christensen is one gifted lady who really knows how to draw her readers in.

If you love reading books set in small country towns, then I suggest you take a look at this series. A truly delightful and very entertaining read which I thoroughly relished. Highly recommend.

Brenda
Fran Reilly had just arrived back from London where she’d spent six months caring for her mother in her final days. Now back in Granite Springs and preparing to return to work at the University, she was surprised with an offer to become PA for the new – as yet unfilled – head of the School of Music and Drama which was almost completed. The Head and staff were being selected, but Nick, her boss at the university, was keen to have Fran in the role.

Owen Larsen had applied for the position in the sm
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com

‘He wondered what had brought her here – to Australia and Granite Springs – in the first place, and what had made her stay. He had the distinct feeling there was some secret in her past.’

Granite Springs welcomes back readers with open arms for a third time in The Life She Wants. A wholesome and tender tale, Maggie Christensen’s third issue in the heartwarming Granite Springs series is a story of past sorrows, new beginnings, second chances and life changes.

F
Helen
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I do love visiting Granite Springs, this fabulous small town in New South Wales, there are such lovely people living here and catching up with friends is always fun, this time we see Fran Reilly long -time resident of Granite Springs meet the man who will steal her heart, help her see how good life can be, I hope you will come along for the journey.

Fran has lived here for many years after an accident changed her life and she decided to stay, she has always felt comfortable here, but closely held
Kathleen
*NEW RELEASE*

*Special thanks to Maggie Christensen for an ARC of her soon to be released novel, THE LIFE SHE WANTS, which enabled me to read it and write this unbiased review.

THE LIFE SHE WANTS is the third book in THE GRANITE SPRINGS series by Maggie Christensen. I enjoyed the previous two novels in this series THE LIFE SHE DESERVES, and THE LIFE SHE CHOOSES. So, I was pleased to revisit Granite Springs, a fictional country town in New South Wales, Australia and get "caught up" with what was ta
Linda
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can Fran stop fixating on a tragic past she can't change?😕

I really took to this slight departure from Maggie Christensen's typical story about mature women splitting their energy between their family and new prospects for love. Fran, the heroine here, is a mature single woman who is still mired in the devastation of losing her youthful love, their unborn child and the possibility of ever having children.

Christensen's picture of a woman drifting through an anesthetized life to prevent more hurt
Janine
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
We return to Granite Springs this time with Fran who recently returned back home after an extended period in the UK following the death of her mother. She is looking forward to returning to her role as a PA at the University but when she comes back she is informed that she has another role within the University as PA to a new Professor in the new Music and Drama campus.

Whilst initially being a bit taken back by this she soon gets to meet Owen who arrives very disheveled and disorganised but she
Meg Martin
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heart warming is a perfect description of this book and series. This is the 3rd book in the Granite Hills series and every bit as great as the first two stories. Granite Hills is a small country town but very busy and keeps including new comers as it's own. Somehow I feel I can visit this place even though I know it's fictional. Maybe I just want to visit! The characters are exceptional and I feel at home with them all. They come with problems from the past and are dealing with old and new issue ...more
Lena West
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This beautifully crafted book, while a great read for any age group, is particularly relevant to the Baby Boomer generation who've 'been there, done that' and are still leading full, active lives; as are Fran and Owen and their friends in Granite Springs. Life, and especially love, don't come to a halt when the magic 50 is behind us, as Maggie illustrates in her stories of second time around romances, sea-changes and tree-changes.
Her characters and settings are so true to life, they are instant
Michelle
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent story by one of my favorite authors! Ms. Christensen always creates characters that I wish were real and I could hang out with. Her stories are considered second chance romances, but they are so much more. The friendships that develop in addition to the main storyline are what keep me coming back for more. I never read her books fast, because I want to enjoy them as long as possible.

I received an ARC from the author so I could provide a review.
Kathy
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maggie C has done it again. In this third book of the Granite Springs series, we meet Fran, the impeccably dressed administrative assistant with ramrod straight posture and an outward demeanor that implies "don't get too close.". Much to her dismay, she is appointed by the university vice chancellor to work along side Owen, the newly head of the new School of Music and Drama. He's nothing like Fran pictured - he's actually a disorganized, hippie type with a man bun! But Owen's outgoing, kind and ...more
Craig / Phil
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Opposites attract in this mature age love story of taking a chance and moving on from the past.
Fran Reilly has just returned to Granite Springs from London after caring for her dying mother.
Back at work at the University she has been offered a new position as a PA for the head of Music and Drama.
Owen Larsen is starting a new job and is the exact opposite of the very organised Fran and moving from the city to the country is everything Owen’s been waiting for.
After a rocky start, can these two ne
Lesley
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
I loved this book , it was an easy read , with interesting well rounded mature characters. Maggie Christensen takes the reader to a small university town where Owen is appointed to set up the new music department, shifting out of Sydney to take up the position . He and his PA Fran find themselves drawn to one another but obstacles get in the way of their relationship developing and it appears they have no future together. The author has included a bush fire in the story and this makes the book v ...more
Ruth
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Renew your acquaintance with pass characters and immerse yourself into the lives of Fran and Owen. You will not want to put down this more mature couples’ journey.
Janet Graham
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finding Love at Fifty
This is a sweet and clean piece of Women's Literature that was a joy to read. The story has some very deep aspects that all of the characters need to contemplate. The story is quite believable. The many characters are so alike many people of my acquaintance. As an older reader, I can relate to much of the story. I received this ARC from the author for free. This is my honest review.
Mrs R.A. Strange
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book, but then I have enjoyed all of Maggie Christensen’s books, they are well written, and always heart warming with good story lines.

Fran Reilly returns to Granite springs after recovering from a major accident where her boyfriend Ben was killed and where she also suffered injury. She resumes work in the university there and the story follows her life, work and love in a country town.

This is the third book in the series in the fictional town of Granite Springs an
Anne
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I very much look forward to my visits to Granite Springs – the university campus, the cafes and shops, the smallholdings in the surrounding countryside are beginning to feel like home, somewhere I feel comfortable and happy. And I now think of some of its residents as my friends too – every book in this lovely series can be read quite happily as a standalone, but I particularly enjoy meeting again characters from earlier books that I feel I now know so well. It’s like spending precious time with ...more
Ellen Gardner
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 of a great series

Another great instalment of this fantastic series set in Granite Springs, Fran's story does not disappoint. This series has the potential to go on & on and I would not get bored with it at all.
Karen
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read!

Maggie has done it again. Great storyline with interesting characters. The background of each person was explained while telling the story. Hard to put down.
Marg
Sep 08, 2020
Trish Bell
Apr 30, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Cedar Tree (Tullagulla Book 1)
  • Charlie's Will (Barrington Book 1)
  • The English Oak (Tullagulla Book 2)
  • Cherry (Pentecost Island Book 6)
  • The Pepperina Grove (Tullagulla Book 3)
  • Odessa (Pentecost Island Book 7)
  • Evie (Pentecost Island Book 5)
  • The Final Siren (Off The Field Book 1)
  • Born In The Outback
  • Reaching for the Stars
  • Pippa (Pentecost Island Book 1)
  • Something to Talk About
  • Cotton Field Dreams (A Mindalby Outback Romance)
  • Something in the Wine
  • Iron House Station: A father's love runs deep...
  • Heartbreak Country
  • Nell (Pentecost Island Book 3)
  • Home from the Hill (Home to Lark Creek #4)
After a career in education, Maggie Christensen began writing contemporary women’s fiction portraying mature women facing life-changing situations. Her travels inspire her writing, be it her frequent visits to family in Oregon, USA or her home on Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast. Maggie writes of mature heroines coming to terms with changes in their lives and the heroes worthy of them.
From he

Granite Springs (7 books)
  • The Life She Deserves (Granite Springs #1)
  • The Life She Chooses (Granite Springs #2)
  • The Life She Finds (Granite Springs #4)
  • The Life She Imagines (Granite Springs #5)
  • A Granite Springs Christmas (Granite Springs #6)
  • The Life She Creates (Granite Springs #7)