Start by marking “Dragon Connection (The Stone Crown Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Connection (The Stone Crown Series Book 1)

Dragon Connection (The Stone Crown Series Book 1)

One crown can unite them—or destroy them all.

The three kingdoms lie splintered, their aging dragon riders content with stories of glorious battle victories. But a new evil creeps across the land. Inyene, a powerful noblewoman of the Northern Kingdom, plunders valuable resources to power mechanical dragons in her quest to gain a foothold in the Middle Kingdom. From there
Published December 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Connection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Connection

Start your review of Dragon Connection (The Stone Crown Series Book 1)
luayne
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Finished the book. Struggled, though. Will not read anymore.
Cath
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book one of the Stone Crown series and follows the main character, Nari (Narissea), a sixteen year old girl who has spent the last four years as a slave in a mine, run by the so called Queen Inyene, a rich and powerful noblewoman from the Northern Kingdom. She has been enslaving people from all the tribes across the Plains and further afield, conning them into purchasing unwanted goods and then punishing them when they cannot pay for them. Getting them brought to her mines, looking for ...more
Dora Okeyo
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I have read all of Ava Richardson's books in the previous Dragon series and I love how she sticks to her M.O by having a lead female heroine. In this series, it's Nari, and she's one of the many villagers who have been enslaved by Inyene who is after power- seeking to revive the reign of dragons, and in building her empire, she goes to all lengths to make sure that she has everyone doing as she pleases, at the cost of their freedom.
This book's pace is unlike all the other first books in the
Jaclyn Nichols
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
My biggest struggle with the book was actually in the names of some of the characters. I know that that seems silly, but when you spend half of your time trying to figure out how to pronounce their names and still can't come up with anything that flows of the tongue by the end of the book it takes away from connecting to the story.

The story starts off pretty slow but does eventually pick up a bit. I will say that it intrigued me enough to want to know what happens next but It's not a book that
Books In Brogan
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was ok

This starts a new series for Ava Richardson it's set in the same "world" but a long time after the pervious series. While this book was not a great read I still hope that the next one is more in line with what I would expect from Ava Richardson.
This review was originally posted on Books In Brogan
sherri jones-teachout
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A slave bonded to a dragon. Narissea has been a slave in the mines for four years. She has tried to escape several times and been punished. The next time she will die. But then an opportunity arises and she escapes with her uncle to a cave with a dragon. After bonding with the dragon she wants to free her people and stop the evil false queen Inyene from creating mechanical dragons and taking over the world. But how can one young woman, a dragon and an old man stop her? She just might have a few ...more
Reece
Jan 20, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
ARC from NetGalley

DNF at 5%

I just don't have time for this shit. I'm not wasting my time reading something if the writer cannot get their shit together well enough to have some semblance of grammatical correctness. I have a finite amount of time on this Earth, and I'd rather not spend it enraged by some amateur. I am absolutely down with self-publishing, but you must either get an editor or be able to self-edit to some reasonable degree. This is unacceptable.

I fucking can't.

Mike Keller
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A slave girl and a dragon.

Sound like the setup for a bad joke? Nope. It's the beginning of another sequence in the Torvald saga and a new twist to the Dragon Akademy. From small beginnings great stories can unwind. I have great hopes for Nari and Ymmen. I have confidence (and faith, with a touch of hope) that the author will turn this storyline to a great read like she has before.

If you like Anne Maccaffrey's Pern, you'll love the Dragon Connection! I can't wait for the next book.
The Mysterious Reader
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There’s much to love in Ava Richardson’s Dragon Connection (The Stone Crown Series Book 1). A really stron kick-a** heroine in Narissea. Action, intrigue and thrills in a truly strong plot with a great cast of dimples characters and great writing. I’m glad I came along this book and happily recommend it.
Reena
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A dragon, a slave girl and a fight for freedom. An action-packed, fast-paced magical adventure, the first in a new series, that will appeal to all fans of fantasy books. A clean read, perfect for teens and young adults.

Theresa
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a Song
A great start to this adventure! Loving Nari and her spitfire personality! So many ways this adventure can take, I can't wait to read the next one!

*I received this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Elizabeth Choi
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

This is a well written,easy read story! The characters are so real to life and interact seamlessly. The evil and corrupt empire of the queen will come to light!
Christy
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great story. Dragon's and magic and just all kinds of things to keep it interesting. Marissa is a very strong character and I can't wait to see what she does in the next installment!
Nancy Smidt
Jan 14, 2020
Terri A. Rosner
Dianne Peace
Jan 07, 2020

• Reborn (Rise of the Black Dragon #4)
  • Black Dragon (Rise of the Black Dragon #3)
  • Escape (Rise of the Black Dragon #1)
  • New Beginnings (Rise of the Black Dragon #2)
  • Dragon Tide: Dragonlet
  • Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae Book 1)
  • Bewitched Incubus Mate (MatchMater Paranormal Dating App, #2)
  • The Originator Wars Explorations: The Lost: A Lost Fleet Novel
  • Crown of Chaos (The Knights of Alana Book 3)
  • Dragon Tide: Chosen One
  • Vessel of the Gods (Rise of the Black Dragon #5)
  • Dragon Tide: Underworld
  • Final Onslaught - A Space Colonization Epic Adventure (Space Colony One, Part Two Book 3)
  • Return of the Corinari (The Frontiers Saga: Part 2: Rogue Castes, #13)
  • Emperor's Throne (Desert Cursed #6)
  • Crown of Fire (The Forbidden Fae #1)
  • Dragon Tide: Keys of Power
  • Queen of Vengeance (The Knights of Alana Book 2)
Ava Richardson writes epic page-turning Young Adult Fantasy books. She creates lovable characters and drops them into intricate worlds that are barely contained within your eReader. Her current work is the ‘Return of the Darkening Series’, which features Seb, Thea and their shared dragon, Kalax.

She grew up on a steady diet of fantasy and science fiction books handed down from her two big brothers