Start by marking “Static: Tune Out the "Christian Noise" and Experience the Real Message of Jesus” as Want to Read:
Static: Tune Out the "Christian Noise" and Experience the Real Message of Jesus

Static: Tune Out the "Christian Noise" and Experience the Real Message of Jesus

Words communicate. Christians often use words to communicate to others; however, these words aren't understood by many of those outside the church. We can be so absorbed in our “christianese” that we don't realize others don't understand the jargon and cannot figure out what it is we mean by what we are saying. "Static" readers will become aware of what we are saying so we ...more
Published March 29th 2007 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Static, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Static

Jessica
Mar 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The conversations to me were a little flat/corny sounding but the actual meat of the book was really eye-opening. It was what I needed to hear in my own relationship with Jesus. The re-defining and new look into the words that are so common among Christians really let me see what I was missing.

Very glad I found this book.
Jonathan P.
Jun 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I would say a breth of fresh air! One of the books that i would say that has challenge again what we believe and how to explain it. Too many time we just use biblical words without understanding them. Thus 'static' occurs. I love the proposals that he puts up front. I think i should reread it again...
Rick
Jul 28, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Rick by: its publisher
I found this one to be poorly edited and slow starting. despite that I must say it made a dent in my thinking.

His exegesis of John 3:16 shook my viewpoint... his ideas stuck with me and I am still working through them, endeavoring to chew the meat and spit out the bones.
Cindy Carpenter
Apr 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Words really do matter.
These are ones i've heard before but put in a new light which i did find refreshing.
The next time some well intentioned fundementalist asked you "are you saved?" you will be able to say "saved from what?" or "yes, every day...minute by minute"
Matthew Bushnell
A challenging look at the way we communicate Jesus and indeed a challenge to what the core message of Jesus is. A good read.
Kelley