Start by marking “All I Want: A Christmas Short” as Want to Read:
All I Want: A Christmas Short

All I Want: A Christmas Short

Two souls reunite on Christmas, but at the end of the day, will they rekindle what once was or go their separate ways?

This is a VERY short story which contains profanity and sexual content. If you are opposed to any of these elements, this is not the read for you.
Published December 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about All I Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Want

Start your review of All I Want: A Christmas Short
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Cute, short, Christmas wish

Navy and Lakeland ran up against something that strikes more AA families than most would know necause it not talked about. Mental illness uts real and its a strugke. Foe Navy and Lake it was a barrier. This Chritmas they got a miracle. That illusive love everlasting was thrre and still living large in there hearts.

Thaks to Alexandria House for given something small but strong for the holidays. Love can work you through some hard times. You have to be willing to try.
Dee Cherry
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday-2019
I truly enjoy this author's short stories. It was amazing the powerful message and subject matter discussed. Nicely written with a touch of humor added at the right time. Great holiday read
Mary
Navy and Lake

Great story. Loved this short story. I was kinda shocked at the reason Navy broke up with Lake. It was very touching that he was determined to get her back.
Shatika Turner
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great one

Her short books are packed with humor, love and dynamics. I’m glad that this author has decided to share her talent with us.
Carolyn
LOL for Christmas

Navy and Lakeland's story was a short, sweet House treat! The author never forgets how to make us laugh, roll on the floor and cheer for her characters. Even with seriousness in the story, we still had lighter moments with this story about an illness affecting a couple deeply in love. The characters always bring the most, with No hearing Aunt Princess and a host of others who were hilarious. The puppy's name Lol you all.... Maybe we'll see them again in a full length story.
Flo Grugel
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet mini treat
lover-of-good-books
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, poc, romance
It was cute. I would have loved for it to be longer though.
Tracey
Dec 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: aa-romance
What in the hell did I just read??!!! I read the synopsis and reviews and it sounded like a good short Christmas story, far from it. I was going to give a detailed review as to why I did not like this story, but I did not want to bash the author's work. Who names a dog b*tch?? Come b*tch, fetch b*tch, sit b*tch....... Ugh!!! Zero stars for wasting my time!!!
Dee's Reading Zone
5 star read; a quick read that packs a punch with all the feels!
Shades N Pages
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Navy unexpectedly ends her relationship with Lakeland and never looked back. In her mind, she was freeing him from a life of burden. Lakeland’s back, he wants Navy and he is NOT taking no for an answer.

My girl never disappoints .This story is short,sweet, important and it somehow managed to rip me to shreds. Like I felt like a spotlight was pointed at me the whole time I was reading.I connected with Navy on such a personal level, that my hands started to shake while she described her feelings .
Lola
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Living with a disability

Thanks for the short story but a valuable message there is still love even if a person is schizophrenic there is medicine and just being loving and kindness. Thanks again
Nikki (Melanin Book Babe)
This was was Navy and Lakeland story. Their story was so was honest and loving and the fact that it happened around Christmas time made it even more special. Great story.
Geri
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice short story

Heavy content for such a short story but it was a good read, just wish it would have been longer.
Pamelon
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short and incredibly sweet!

All I Want is a short sweet story, about a serious situation and powerful love. I love Navy, Lakeland and the entire crew...but the Deacon had me cracking up Thank you A. House.
K. Giles
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think I smiled the entire time reading this. It may have been a short, quick read but it was full of love, passion, and lust. Lakeland is the type of man that women dream of. A strong, supportive, loving, encouraging, protecting man who will fight for you and with you. He was exactly what Navy needed. And that mom is hilarious. I died at her name for her dog. It was a sweet read, and I wouldn't mind reading of them in the future.
clinton
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
We all have short coming

A story of being loved by someone who accept your short coming. When the person who has them can accept them for themselves. Being with someone willing to stand with you.
Tiffany King
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute

I definitely can see why this is a short story. I liked it. Mental illness is real and can be managed especially if you have the right people around. Life can still be lived.
JoJo Rogers
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Alexandria just needs to start from the beginning with this story...there’s so many possibilities and characters, it’s a series waiting to happen.

A quick, much needed since I’ve been a slump, read.
Monique
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-book
Love and mental health awareness

Love and mental health awareness meet in this novella. Navy loves her man but she is scared of what she might do if she goes off her meds. He doesn’t care because love trumps everything.
Meka L. Rascoe
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I knew that this was going to be a short story, but it was just too short for me! I did NOT want this story to be over so quickly! Navy and Lake! Ugh! Be still my heart!I felt every emotion--the heartache and turmoil--and their chemistry was hot AF!I wished they had found another place to get it on though, but that's beside the point. Plus, I absolutely LOVE second chance romances! Dare I say that I really needed this couple to have a full length novel?! LOL! Their story, especially Navy's ...more
Marshall Thompson
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Humorous

This short is filled with humor and a touch of reality! Miss House is a WHOLE FOOL! I can’t with her! Love does cover a multitude of faults... that is exactly what Navy needs from Lakeland!
Topeka
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this quick read! The author did a great job of showing the love within the family and the love Lake had for Navy. I really appreciated the reference to mental health/mental illness, as we make it less of a "stigma" in our community, especially since I know several who deal with the illness. The book gave a powerful, positive message in a short story. I'll definitely be reading more of this author's novellas.
Tamekia Collins
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holiday Themed

I really enjoyed this holiday book! I would love to see where the characters go from here. I really liked that Lake continued to love her through her illness. I’m a new fan and I’m about to catch up on other titles!
Untamed  Publishing
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imperfections

The humor and the love in the story of Navy and Lakeland made us fall in love with this power packed short read. However, with Navy’s issues, we would’ve preferred a longer story to see her battle through it with Lake’s love. Certainly hope a full length novel for this one is in consideration.
Erica
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Erika
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute!
Simone Kent
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet

Apart one day together the next. Lakeland came to Christmas dinner with one thing in mind and was not leaving until he got it. She pushed he pulled, no doubt their love is genuine!!
Rhonda Davis
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Navy & Lakeland

After facing a very serious health scare, Navy pushed Lakeland away. But Lakeland is back to reclaim Navy, even though he has to visit with her hilarious family and friends
Angela
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Beautiful love story, Lakeland wasn’t taking no for an answer he loved Navy, Navy was so scared of her mental disease, but her support system is strong, even little bitch got her back
Jacquis
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So sweet

I want more of them..... Don't remember if I have read this author before but now I am going to comb through all her books...
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Press Rewind: An Equilibrium Short
  • Bittersweet (Equilibrium Novella)
  • A Little Stuffing
  • Give Me Love: A Thanksgiving Novella
  • Love Me For Christmas: A Novella
  • Love Unsolicited
  • Frosted. Whipped. Buttered: An Equilibrium Short
  • In Pursuit of You (In The Heart of A Valentine Book 6)
  • The Thanksgiving Game
  • The Changeup (New Beginnings Book 1)
  • Should've Been
  • Broken Heart Syndrome
  • Someone Seeking Someone Else (More to Life Book 1)
There is more than one author by this name in the Goodreads data base.

For the Romance author see Alexandria House