Start by marking “Buscando esposa” as Want to Read:
Buscando esposa

Buscando esposa

(Bridgertons #8)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  22,829 ratings  ·  1,192 reviews
Todos los hijos de Violet y Edmund Bridgerton han pasado por el altar. Todos menos Gregory, el ultimo de los hermanos, quien sigue esperando encontrar a la mujer de sus sueños. Cuando, en una fiesta, sus ojos se posan sobre la bella Hermione Watson, se convence a si mismo de que ella es la elegida. Sin embargo, la practica y discreta amiga de Hermione, Lucy Abernathy, ...more
Expected publication: April 24th 2020 by Titania (first published June 27th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Buscando esposa, please sign up.
Laura Un poco tarde, pero no. Cada libro es su propia historia y no se necesita haber leído los otros para entender lo que pasa en este.
Paola I had the same epiphany. Since the book came out around 2006 and the movie 2001 she might have played a little with the names.…moreI had the same epiphany. Since the book came out around 2006 and the movie 2001 she might have played a little with the names. (less)

·  22,829 ratings  ·  1,192 reviews

Start your review of Buscando esposa
Rane
Being the one of the youngest of the famous Bridgerton family, Gregory is laid back, charming and a romantic. Believing in love, he awaits for the day when he finds his soul mate. When hes knocked off his feet after meeting a beautiful woman , he knows its love and goes out to win his lady love, only to find out shes in love with someone else, and to make matters even more complex his lady loves best friend tries to help which ends up even more complex...
When Lucy Abernathy ends up falling in
Al George
Rename this book "On the Way to Too Much Internal Dialog"

talk too much

Read this as part of a personal challenge to actually finish series this year rather than going from book to book and forgetting deets

Series: Yep and it' the last one! I did it. I feel a party coming on.

party

Sexy times: Barely. As in super barely. As in really super barely especially for a Julia Quinn. As in this is the least sexy times of the entire series, I believe.

Plan on reading more by the author: Oh sure.

Synopsis: Gregory sees the love
Fani *loves angst*
I must be weird because I liked it more at the beginning, while Gregory was in love with Lucy's friend. I liked their easy relationship, their friendship, their openness. But I didn't feel any chemistry between them to make me long for them to become a couple. Gregory was just not hero material for me and though Lucy was grounded and straight-forward, I didn't care for her much. And I felt that it dragged a lot towards the ending. The whole 'oh, we can't be together', 'no, I'll find a way, love ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Reading this book was so bittersweet because I knew it was the end to the Bridgerton series, yet at the same time, I simply had to read it! Ive been putting off the last two books, not wanting the series to come to an end, but I just had to see how things ended up for Gregory, too.

After finishing Its In His Kiss which I adored, I had such high expectations for this book, maybe too high, because unfortunately, On the Way to the Wedding just didnt quite live up to them.

Dont get me wrong, it
Exina
The last installment of the Bridgertons series is the story of Gregory and Lucy.
It was a disappointment. The first part of the novel is boring, the end is forced, the dialogues are faint and full of repetitions, and I was annoyed by Gregory's constantly growling stomach.

In this book everything is overdrawn:
Gregorys rhapsodic emotions;
Lucys sense of duty and devotion;
Hermiones beauty and praising it to the skies;
Some romantic scenes especially (view spoiler)
♥Sharon♥
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I ended up really enjoying this one. Gregory was a bit different than the other Bridgerton men. Being the youngest he took on a rather lackadaisical persona. He appeared to have no great desire for much. Oh he had opinions and such but he never gave much thought to his future. He was humorous and handsome. A lively character indeed. So when Lucy entered his life one wouldn't think a woman who needed a life of order would be the one to spur the unfamiliar feelings of true love for Gregory.

Once
Joanna Loves Reading
When I think of this book, I think of how the hero met the heroine at the same time as her friend and fell for the friend. Its just not the stuff dreams are made of. I also dont like the conclusion much. There are good parts. I think its more interesting than Benedicts book, and once Gregory wakes up, hes a better hero than Colin. So its made a jump from 8 to 6 in my ranking.

Final ranking in this reread:
1. To Sir Phillip, With Love
1. The Viscount Who Loved Me
3. When He Was Wicked
4. It's in His
Jacob Proffitt
This is eighth in a series. And the last. But do yourself a favor and just skip it.

I'm maybe halfway in and I just want the pain to stop. Gregory and Lucy are fine. Well, okay, they are complete wimps and spend the first half of the novel being stupid with each other. Gregory is mooning over someone he barely knows and calling it "love" and Lucy is obliviously helping with completely useless advice. And then they both know that they're actually in love with the other, but neither has the guts to
Mei
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Opsss... I skipped Hyacinth's book... Shame on me!

For me this was the worst one... I couldn't for the love of me like neither the hero nor the heroine, even if I liked her better... but still... I dodn't enjoyed this book as much the first few of the series.

Both Gregory and Lucy were too juvenile, sometimes too stupid.

Greagory couldn't decide what he wanted, or, better, who he wanted! I hated this! First he was creazy in love with Hermione (by the way, I couldn't stop immaging her like Hermione
Nisha
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who just want to complete the series
Ok, I am only slow at updating this because I needed to find a way to be nice about this book. But really, I shouldn't have waited because I almost forgot what this book was even about. Goes to tell you, this ain't that great.

Gregory, the last of the Bridgertons, believes in love - true love, all-consuming love, love so strong that you wouldn't even be able to breath without their reciprocation. Which makes it really crazy when he falls for Hermione, a woman who has already lost her heart to her
Book Wonderland
Reading the blurb I wasn't very excited for Gregory's story, the plot wasn't really my type of story, but there were some good moments too.
Now that this series is over, here's my ranking:

1) Romancing Mister Bridgerton
6) To Sir Phillip, With Love
7) On the Way to the Wedding
8) When He Was Wicked

description

I really liked this series, and this fictional family.
I will write a review soon for Happily Ever After too (2nd
Karen
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It was heaven.
Forget angels, forget St. Peter and glittering harpsichords.
Heaven was a dance in the arms of one's true love.

True to form, she's done it again. This one really put my emotions through the ringer. I went back and forth from giddy adoration to desperately wanting to strangle the life out of both Gregory and Lucy. What an emotional rollercoaster. Honestly, I could have done without him falling for her best friend first, ah, but where would be the fun in that?

One thing I really
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness

On the way to the wedding is about the last lone unmarried Bridgerton Gregory. I was lucky enough to literally stumble across this series when a GR friend did a review on book 6 in the series.

Gregory, the true romantic. And why shouldnt he be. After seeing his 7 brothers and sisters all famously wed with disgustingly happy love matches it is only to be expected that he to would expect no less. And when that happens he in convinced that is going to be a
Amanda

What the hell did I just read? Besides 300+ pages of utter nonsense. Why Julia Quinn, WHY?

I wish I could say I enjoyed SOMETHING about this book, but I cant. Even the Bridgerton family cameos offered little relief from the madness of the plot and the blehness of the main couple. Although, okay, I will admit to laughing my ass off when Gregory tied Lucy up and hid her in a water closet. Yes. That is a thing that actually happens. Dont even get me started on how everyone fell in love with the back
Sabina
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another beautful story from the Bridgerton series! Love the witty banter between the characters. The heroine is quite likable. As always, the family interactions are the life of the book.
Jiana
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And this marks the end of another one of my favorite series. It feels so bittersweet. I've been reading those books over a span of years because I wanted to extend and enjoy it as much as I could. I love the Bridgertons so much and they're easily one of my favorite book families out there! This book is Gregory's. It was super cute, but also quite full of action, unlike Quinn's usual books. Gregory is such a gentle and soft man asdljaskjsda. Lucinda is a great and lovely heroine. I loved reading ...more
Summer
On the Way to the Wedding is the final book in Julia Quinn's Bridgertons series. Unfortunately this book did not have the same magic for me as the others in the series had. Usually the Bridgertons has some kind of quirky opening that hooks you from the first few pages. Here it had an interesting prologue but after that it's all about Gregory and his obsession with a young woman after viewing the back of her neck. Granted it sounds kind of sweet but really the further you get into the book, the ...more
Ashley
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it. It was a sweet story. Maybe I didn't buy that the hero and heroine had some grand, larger-than-life love, as the story tried to convince us of near the end, but it was heartwarming and a lovely read.

Now that I've finished the entire series, I'm going to rate the Bridgerton novels in order of how much I enjoyed them. I was going to recommend all but the final two books on my list, but I suppose The Duke and I, which I don't like, is a must-read as it's the very first
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Δεύτερη ανάγνωση και άνοδος της βαθμολογίας στα 5 αστέρια!
(Η κριτική που ακολουθεί είναι από την πρώτη φορά που το διάβασα και δε θα την αλλάξω)

**************************************

A very good story but pretty different from the previous books. Dont get me wrong! I enjoyed it but because of the age difference between Gregory and his brother there wasnt much family action!

Gregory is a romantic and wants to marry the woman he loves. But that woman loves someone else and then marries someone else!
Ezinwanyi

Gregory Bridgerton was such a romantic but his vision of how he would fall in love was nothing like what actually occurred. I love that he thought he would just know and it would be smooth sailing but as as all realists now, you gotta work for love.
Like many men, Gregory worked hard only to find out that what he thought he wanted wasnt at all what he needed.

Lucinda Abernathy was a means to an end for Gregory. After all, her best friend Hermione Watson was the one that Gregory had fallen for.
Lexxi Kitty
I mentioned in the previous review I did for a Quinn book that there were reasons for why it took me two years to get around to reading the last two books in this series. Well, Ill mention specifically for this review the part where I havent exactly loved the Bridgerton male leads. And Gregory hadnt exactly impressed me in prior books (I believe he is a kid in all prior Bridgerton books but for his nearest sisters book, the previous book in this series, and the first book in the Smythe-Smith ...more
Leah

I went into this book wary. Wary because Gregory is the Bridgerton brother that I knew the least about as he was hardly ever in the other books, and I had a bad experience with Francesca for the same reason (and because I just didn't like her). But, I ended up really enjoying the book. It was not without its flaws, of course, but I still liked it.

Gregory is the youngest Bridgerton male and the seventh of eight children. As I said, I did not know him very well at the start, and it didn't
Barbara Rogers
I liked this book -- but -- it isn't my favorite of the Bridgerton books. This one is about the last unmarried Bridgerton -- Gregory. He is the one who believes wholeheartedly in love because he's seen all of his brothers and sisters find it. However -- for someone who has observed the phenomenon so often -- he appears very, very naïve about it. Most of the characters weren't well fleshed out.
Sam (AMNReader)
Subtitle: Gregory, the most underdeveloped Bridgerton.

Gregory believes in love. He loves his mother. He likes doing things on his own. He thinks Anthony is admirable and a good father to him. He's a little chaotic.

And that's all I know about him. I liked him, but he certainly did not benefit from being the last book in the series in the same way the earlier characters did. I didn't think this would hurt him so much because Hyacinth and Francesca, largely absent from prior books still really
Holly
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I'm sad that I just finished the last Bridgerton book:( I tried to wait as long as I could because I just didn't want this series to end. And now it's done.......commence the tantrum.

Well, it's no secret by now that I LOVE the Bridgertons. So it comes as no surprise that I loved this one starring Gregory & Lucy. Gregory was just a child during the other books so I didn't know what kind of man he grew up to be. Not that I expected anything less than lovely, sarcastic, fun, handsome, etc., he
liv
a generous 2 stars and only because anthony and kate were adorable as always.
Don ツ
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bacaan-bi, mine, ebook, 2018
Well, that's not what I expected. It's enjoyable though.
A_Ryan
Still an absolute 5-star read the second time around!!

Original review (from 2014) below:

This is the eighth and final book in the Bridgerton series (well, apart from the epilogues) and tells the story of the youngest son, Gregory.

After seeing all his siblings so successfully matched, Gregory has grown into a true romantic, believing that true love exists and conquers all.

He patiently waits to meet his one true love, convinced that he would "just know the one" the instant he sees her.

JQ
valee
Jan 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OH no. no more Bridgertons for me, what will I do know? I really loved this series. Each of them were unique and special for me.

This book had a slow beginning, even a bit annoying. It took me a lot to get to the good part of the book, maybe half the book. But the second part was really intense. That's why I can't give 5 stars to this book, but if it wasn't for the beginning I would definitely have because it was a terrific story.

Gregory was an ass at the beginning but then he was so sweet and
Darbella

• Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #4.5)
  • Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)
  • Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and and if you watch reruns of the game show The Weakest Link you might just catch her winning the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British and literary, ...more

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)