Start by marking “A Sir Phillip, con amor” as Want to Read:
A Sir Phillip, con amor

A Sir Phillip, con amor

(Bridgertons #5)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  30,771 ratings  ·  1,490 reviews
Es posible enamorarse de alguien a quien no has visto nunca? Eloise y Phillip están a punto de descubrirlo. Ella, la pequeña de la familia Bridgerton, acude a casa de él cuando, después de un año de amistad por carta, recibe su sorprendente oferta de matrimonio. Eloise está dispuesta a acabar con su soltería, pero su soñado pretendiente no acaba de encajar con la imagen ...more
Published March 14th 2020 by Titania (first published July 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Sir Phillip, con amor, please sign up.
Stupid Shiny Volvo Driver Yes! If you're still interested...I just listened to this on Audible Escapes.
Dannie I think it could be, although I would still recommend reading the series in the right order, especially to understand the heroin better.

·  30,771 ratings  ·  1,490 reviews

Start your review of A Sir Phillip, con amor
Em Lost In Books
Another fun read and Phillip was the third hero, after Simon and Anthony, where daddy played a big role in how their life. Sadly it was bad influence here and innocent kids had to suffer. In all three books, this influence played a huge part in some of the vital decisions that our heroes took and it felt a little repetitive
Phrynne
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-2019
Book five and it is Eloise's turn to find her life partner. We had lots of indications in the previous book who it might be but not of the amazing way Eloise would set things in motion.

Georgette Heyer would turn over in her grave at the lack of chaperones but at least this set things up for an amazing and very funny scene when all the brothers turn up together to defend Eloise's honour. There were a lot of sad moments too, especially when the children were involved. Quinn actually wrote this
Karen
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"...any day with you."

Wow. I did not expect to fall in love with this book so much. But that ending... that freakin' ending just blew me away. What a sad existence Sir Phillip lived. And I'll have to be honest, I did not like this man very much. Not until the very end. But boy oh boy did he blow my knickers off at the end. I had planned on taking a break with the series after this book. But now... I think I must move forward. I am humbled Ms Quinn by your ability to spin a story.

Eastofoz
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who love the Bridgertons or a well-written romance that will make you feel just plain happy
Quinn hits another 5 stars with this latest addition to the Bridgerton series. Its brilliantly written, fun, funny, serious and heart-warming all at the same time with a nice dollop of steam to go with it ;)

The novel starts out with Eloise Bridgertons quest to find a husband because shes feeling spinsterish at the ripe old age of 28. Everything starts when she sends out a standard condolence note to her cousins husband. After corresponding for some time he decides he wants to meet her and the
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

My Review

Well, what is there to say that hasnt already been said? This is yet another fun installment of the Bridgerton series. I enjoyed the storyline, as it was different from the others, more unique a nice change of pace from the usual plot in so many of todays Historical Romances.

*sigh* I really, really loved Sir Phillip. What a tortured soul! What a brave man! What a sexy hunk of man-flesh. *sigh*

Eloise, with her common sense ways and affection for children which comes from being part of
Jacob Proffitt
This is fifth in the series and the couples from the others show up periodically in this one. They aren't terribly important, though, so this one is relatively self-contained. It's probably good if you've read Romancing Mister Bridgerton, though.

Wow was this one a waste of time. I definitely expected better characterization for Eloise but she's mostly just generic Regency girl with a side of "doesn't she talk a lot?" Phillip, on the other hand, is a self-centered snot-weasel and never actually
[Aengell]
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And this is said to be one of the not-so books in the series?

I loved it! Phillip was a flawed, traumatized, silent and brooding hero, just like I like them. Eloise was like a heroine by Julia Quinn should be: strong, stubborn, talking a little bit too much, but in the end endearing as ever. Together, these two were a well-fitting couple, and I felt myself very much invested in their romance, seeing that it was just adorable.

The twins were a delight to read about, and the relationship to their
Rane
Sir Phillip Crane is speechless when a beautiful woman appears on his doorstep, this couldnt be the woman hes been writing to? He image a
Exina
An amazing installment of the Bridgertons series again!

It deals with serious issues such as depression, suicide, grief, guilt. The characters struggle with real problems, and ambivalent feelings. Ambivalence makes this novel so real, because feelings and relationships are never black or white. The tone of the story mirrors this: it's light and humorous, but also serious and heartbreaking.

I loved Phillip's character. He is so lonely. He suffers from the memory of his painful childhood, and
Curlyhairlass19
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How is it that with each of these books I fall deeper, and more madly in love with these characters. I always knew Eloise Bridgerton was special. This book just took my heart, and meshed it into something beautiful. I have laughed, cried, clutched my chest, and just hugged this book at times throughout my reading journey. The Bridgerton brothers, I can assure you brought on all the chuckles and those protective big brother, and one younger brother, feels.

Men. The day they learned to admit to a
Caz
I've given this an A+ for narration and an A- for content at AudioGals.

This fifth instalment in Julia Quinns Bridgerton series is one of the books I have somehow not got around to reading, and which, for some reason I cant remember, I had thought to be one of the weaker books in the series. This new audio version has laid that misconception firmly to rest however, and is, I think, now one of my favourites of the set. To Sir Phillip With Love is perhaps not as light-hearted as many of the authors
valee
Jan 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Owww! Wow! I have to say that Julia Quinn did it again. I adored this book. It was so good that I finished it in 8 hours and read it without stopping. I believe this has been the best book in the series so far. I know most of you won't agree but IMHO it was much better than the first 4 books. Books 1 and 2 were amazing but this one just got me sobbing many times, LOL.

Phillip and Eloise were such an amazing couple, just perfect for each other, exactly what they needed. The chemistry between both
♥Sharon♥
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I think Ive waited my entire life for you.

I'm sure I am repeating myself here but I adore this series! Julia Quinn's writing is delightful. Her characters are even more so.

Sir Phillip may not be that hero that most would immediately fall in love with but I did. I cannot pinpoint why exactly. I just knew there was more to him than that tough exterior he put forth.

Sweet funny rambling Eloise. Everyone adored her. I sure did.

Sir Phillip and Eloise's story was a joy to read. I loved it when
Joanna Loves Reading
I love this one possibly my favorite of the series and among my favorites all together. ...more
Book Wonderland
description

I missed Lady Whistledown, but I liked the letters too in the beginning of each chapter.
I liked Eloise's story, however Phillip wasn't my favorite, he was okay, but not as great as the previous male leads and their love story could have been better too.

description
Piper
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one and the ending was fabulous!! I am sad to say that I will not be listening to the remaining books in the series, as the talented Rosalyn Landor is not the narrator for books 6 through 9 and her substitute is a poor one. I suppose simply reading them will have to suffice.
Jacqueline's Reads
4.25 Stars

I binged read the first four books in the series, but I took a break prior to reading To Sir Philip, with love and mainly due to REVIEWS.

I read a lot of bad reviews on this book and I just didnt want to go through with it, but in the end, I disagree with the reviews and I did like this book. I read it basically in one night, yay for 4 hours of sleep.

I liked the single father storyline, yay for single-parents! I liked the banter and chemistry between Phillip and Eloise a lot. I know
Cyndi
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Back in the olden days Facebook messaging was done through the mail. Our heroine sends a condolence letter to the husband of her cousin when she passed. He writes back and the two become pen pals. Years pass and our heroine is officially 'on the shelf.' Our hero decides he needs a wife and a mother for his children. He sends an invitation to our heroine to come to his home in the country and see if they can get along.
When our heroine unexpectedly takes him up on the offer their love story
Jasmin
How to search for true love?

One could hope that a parcel, containing directions to find ones soulmate, fall off from heaven. But unfortunately, that is highly unlikely. There is no easy way to find the one.

And for Eloise Bridgerton, the search was definitely not easy. She endured a number of seasons only to accustom herself to a few years of spinsterhood. She refused six offers of marriage just to wait for her own epic romance of cosmic proportions.

And all it took was a simple correspondence to
Heidi
I was disappointed with this Bridgerton entry. I've always like Eloise and wanted the same kind of love story for her that her siblings have enjoyed. While I loved the references to her letters... they weren't enough to capture my attention.

It was one of those stories where the characters live more in their heads-- lots of second guessing which always drives me a little crazy... I missed the charming repartee and funny encounters found in some of the other stories.

I won't give up on the series
Zoe
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes I feel like such an oddball on Goodreads. What people love and rave about, I often find them not exactly my cup of tea. What people find not so great, I like a great deal.

That is the case with To Sir Phillip, with Love.

I read lots of reviews about the Bridgertons' stories. But I work my way slowly through them. Now I finally got to Eloise Bridgerton's story. It doesn't seem to be so well received. But I thought the relationship between Eloise and Phillip rather endearing, except for
Jan
2.5 stars. Not my fav out of the series. I'm reading them in order, and I kinda like them, but on the whole this series is a little too lightweight and fluffy for my preference. As with any series, some books are better than others, and I do intend to read them all.

But this one did drag. I looked back to check, and I started this 3 or 4 months ago, got about half way through, then just lost interest. It got very slow in the middle, and I took a looonnngg break. But I finally went back to read
Ana // TheBooktarian
It wasn't as good as the previous ones simply because of the main male character, Sir Phillip!
As a woman, I feel really angry about some of the things he said during this book! I explain: Sir Phillip just wanted a woman to make his life easier, so that he wouldn't have to worry about 'stupid things' and could do whatever he wanted with his life and ultimately have all the fun! In his mind, the solution to all of his problems was to get a wife, so that she could take care of everything for him
♛ Garima ♛
I was not sure going into this without Penelope's funny alter-ego cunning reporter...and I put this in my maybe-later shelf. It was definitely enjoyable but I missed our reporter way too much.

So Eloise and Sir Philip, God knows, I like my heroines little bit less cheeky but cannot help but love Eloise. Sir Philip is grumpy, old man. So, at the end, it felt like Eeyore and Tigger pair...

I didn't enjoy until all Bridgerton brothers entered the story but after that it was too entertaining to put
Ivana Azap Feješ
First reading 2011/08/11
WONDERFUL!!!
Second reading 2016/03/06

It started off with a letter, and turned out to be a correspondence that lasted well over a year, but when Eloise Bridgerton is asked an marriage proposal through a missive shes a leery to even think about it, but when an event of marriage between her best friend and fellow spinster takes place, Eloise feels this may be her last chance at marriage and love. Sir Phillip Crane is speechless when a beautiful woman appears on his doorstep,
Iliada
I read the first four Bridgerton books almost four years ago when I was taking my first tentative steps in Romancelandia. I regret having waited so long to read the rest as, back then, I used to read books with an enthusiasm I can't muster these days.

However, TSPWL is a very sweet romance made all the better by two naughty but adorable children, and a romance that built up realistically even withing the short time frame this book spanned.

Eloise was a wonderful heroine, intelligent and sunny -
Juliana Philippa
A great romance with two very different leading characters, both vividly written and complex (+ perfect for each other) (4 stars)

[May 1824, Gloucestershire:] To Sir Phillip, With Love is Julia Quinn's fifth Bridgerton book and one of the only ones (besides for When He Was Wicked) in the series that I had not yet read. It was a complete delight and after being disappointed (sometimes *severely*) in all of the post-Bridgerton books I have read by Quinn, it was great to once again read something
2.5 stars.

What began as a charming, albeit a bit sad, HR quickly devolved into the same old "you must marry since you've flaunted society's dictates" trope and I became bored. Plus, it didn't seem like Quinn could quite decide which big problem to focus on. Was it the H who feared becoming his father and thus avoided his children? Or was it the MCs' relationship and whether or not their marriage of convenience would become a marriage in the truest sense? I suppose the root cause of both
TeriLyn
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5 "...I feel the need to put words to paper..." Stars

I loved this one too. Eloise Bridgerton has been a great character throughout the series so to see her get the spotlight was most entertaining. I loved who Julia Quinn chose to court Eloise and the situation in which she thrust this formidable character into right from the start. It was different than the rest yet still held that awesomely hilarious and reverent tone to the story that has become synonymous to me with the Bridgerton series.

• Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
  • Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Dreaming of You (The Gamblers of Craven's, #2)
  • A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and and if you watch reruns of the game show The Weakest Link you might just catch her winning the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British and literary, ...more

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)