Start by marking “Spooky Magic” as Want to Read:
Spooky Magic

Spooky Magic

Being the only witch at my school is the best thing ever! So when the new girl turns out to be a witch too, someone awful and horrid from my old life, you know there's going to be trouble.

My name is Evie Everyday, and I go to Wyndemere Elementary, a strictly no-witch zone. It's hard enough keeping my witchiness a secret without Veronica showing up to ruin my wonderful new

ebook, 1, 150 pages
Published December 13th 2019 by Angelos Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Spooky Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spooky Magic

Start your review of Spooky Magic
LitPick Book Reviews
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Moving away from Pergoria, her old school for witches, to Wyndemere Elementary, a “normal” school full of “normal” kids, is the best thing that has ever happened to Evie the Everyday Witch. In fact, the reason she likes Wyndemere so much is because she is the only witch there. Spooky Magic, the second book in the Evie the Everyday Witch series by Elena Paige starts as Evie has finally fit in at Wyndemere and has made a new best friend, Izzy.

She wishes her life would stay like this forever! But
Anubha Ghoshal
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Its a middle grade novel about a young witch, Evie who tries to adjust in a normal school with normal students (muggles). Evie has magical pets who she takes to this school cuz they are allowed. The magical pets constitute a magical purple cat, Nip, he can talk, a bat Sylvia, a corn, Pop. Evie's bff Izzy is a normal human but she is interested and intrigued by witches.

This book is second in the series, this particular book's plot revolves around another witch, Veronica showing up to Evie's
Tynea Lewis
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever had your enemy take your bestie away from you? Well, that’s what happens to Evie. Her enemy enters her school and is challenging her for her spot in the school and the town. Evie is a witch, and she has to win the magic competition to stay at her human school. She comes up with an evil, nasty, creepy, and gross magic trick. (To her advantage, she can use real magic and not a lame card trick.) Little does she know, the kids do not want to be scared; they want a nice performance ...more
Karen Field
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I give this book 3.5 stars, but as that's not an option, I'd prefer to give it 4 stars rather than 3. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first book.

Spooky Magic is the second book in a series for young readers. It is quick, fun and quirky. I especially liked the beginning and the end, but the middle felt chaotic to me. I found that when I put the book down, I procrastinated about picking it up again. But I eventually did and finished it today.

While the storyline was chaotic, I appreciated the
Marjorie
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Evie sets her mind on something, she can be really stubborn! Will she learn to listen to her friends and work with them before it is too late? Cute story with a positive message that avoids being moralistic. Full of adorable illustrations that bring the story to life.

Kids vote: two thumbs up, will read again :) Also, we want more Jack!

Fast paced, quirky story written with kids' attention spans in mind. With some laugh out loud moments and over the top fantasy elements, this book is a lot of
Dani (ダニ)
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, books
(Got this for an honest review)

I finally finished the second book in the series and like the first one, it was once again a middle grade magical read. It was a quick read but that's obvious because it's geared towards kids between 7 and 10ish years old so it's very easy to read. This time Evie has to compete in a competition in school which first she thought was just for simple competition between her and her enemy but it ended up having a lot more at stake than originally thought.

Again, like
sherri jones-teachout
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute kids Halloween story. Evie was a precocious, fun loving young witch. But she doesn’t always have control of her magic. She is only eleven years old after all. She loves her new school; a non-magical school. Her family moved out of the witch community and she now goes to a school for regular kids. Only one person at the school knows she’s a witch. Her best friend Izzy. But then her nemesis from her old school enrolls in her new school with a hidden agenda, that will have dire consequences ...more
Emma
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first one in the series. I thought it was refreshing and really clever. The second one did not live up to expectations. It felt very rushed and very jumbled in the beginning. A lot of it didn't make sense to me without reading it couple of times to understand what was going on.

Overall I did enjoy the story but I think it could have been slowed down a little and explained better. The intoduction of new characters was good, it shook things up a little. It showed different
Molly
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Evie loves being the sole witch among a slew of normals. A sudden change to that makes her literally turn green- like the wicked witch of the west.

When a former foe becomes a new and unwelcome thorn in her side, what will Evie do?

Sometimes disappointments and new challenges make old foes something different

A fun and fantastic story.

Pat Eroh
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series and is just as fun as the first. Evie is a pretty cute little witch and this is a great story for kids. I hope this book brings kids to love reading like the great books I read when I was young.

Buttercup1201
Jan 27, 2020
Lisa Lemelin
Jan 27, 2020
Jane(Janelba)
Continuing the adventures of the young witch, Evie Everyday’s life in a normal school.
This time her previous school enemy Veronica arrives at Wyndemere School and immediately becomes popular with the other kids. What aggravates Evie most, is that her best friend Izzy seems to have fallen under veronica’s spell too. Along with her friends Pop, a corncob, Sylvie, a bat and Nip her magical purple cat, she sets out to reveal what Veronica really is.
There is a Halloween competition at school to find
Annie
Feb 16, 2020

• Twine: A Memoir
  • The Slug Queen Chronicles: Season One
  • The Bully Brigade: Headmaster Bully (Book 3)
  • Forgotten Gods: The Complete Series
  • I Know When You're Going To Die
  • Bewitched Incubus Mate (MatchMater Paranormal Dating App Book 2)
  • Balanced Scales (Untold Tales, #1)
  • Forbidden Lord: Fairy Tale Christmas Matchmaker Romance (Princes of Avce Book 12)
  • Santa's Perfect Package: A Collection of Holiday Romances
  • Her Vampire Prince (Midnight Doms #3)
  • Silvertip Shifters Boxed Set: Books 1-4
  • Silvertip Shifters Books 1-4
  • Chosen by Grace (Divine Fate, #1)
  • Shifters and Sabotage: Paranormal Cozy Mystery (Magic & Mystery Book 7)
  • Road To Freedom: Journey To Love
  • Highlander Cursed: A Scottish Time Travel Romance (Highlander In Time Book 6)
  • Alpha Wolf Defender (Awakened Shifters, #2)
  • Seducing the Spinster: A Novella (Brides of Scandal Book 4)
Elena Paige is a children's and teen author with a background in counselling psychology. She loves creating stories which inspire and transform young readers - either through empowering them, entertaining them, or encouraging them to be more creative and imaginative.

Her books, while being filled with magic and wonder, have real life characters with real life issues - like fitting in, trusting