Start by marking “Lost Coast (Undead Ultra Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Lost Coast (Undead Ultra Book 3)

Lost Coast

(Undead Ultra #3)

What if zombies evolved … and organized?

Out of the ashes of the zombie apocalypse, Kate and her small band of survivors have created a life and become a family. They train together, scavenge together, and survive together.

Their comfortable routine is interrupted by a frantic distress call. When Kate forms a rescue mission, she and her people find themselves faced with
Published December 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lost Coast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Coast

Start your review of Lost Coast (Undead Ultra Book 3)
Juli
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-kindle-2019
Kate, an ultrarunner, is holed up in a former college dorm with a rag tag bunch of former students and soldiers. They are getting in good physical condition, learning to gather supplies, and honing their zombie-killing skills. Things are finally looking up for the group of survivors. But, then they start to notice a change in the zombies. The zoms are forming organized packs headed by alpha zombies. When a huge horde descends on the town, the group struggles to survive. Zombies are bad enough... ...more
Lori A.
Currently I am "Sheltering in Place" due to COVID-19 and this has been a great book to read during this time! I am not normally a reader who wants to hear about zombies but the group dynamics in this book apply to our world today...in a surreal kind of way :) Going to stores where there is not toilet paper, chicken, hand sanitizer and masks because these are items that get snatched up when the world gets a little more obviously interconnected in a time of danger..and then reading this book makes ...more
Lan Chan
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The more I read of this series, the more I am convinced that if the zombie apocalypse comes, only the ultrarunners will survive. I'm not sure why I never thought of it before but as someone who gets a stitch going from the couch to the fridge, staying in shape is the number one priority. Kate makes sure all of her "kids" do just that. She doesn't let up for a second and I feel like that is the only way some of them have survived.

Kate continues to grow in this book. She is so different from the w
Carol
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book, this whole series is utterly fascinating! Who knew about Ultra Runners? Not couch potato me! Who knew they could be the awesome center characters in a totally enthralling ZA series? Camille Picott knew and wrote a totally kick a series to let the rest of us know as well! A must read because it is so darn well written and just that good!
Sam
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another excellent adventure from Camille Picott! Brilliant! Well written, good character development & some great twists & turns in the plot! I strongly recommend this writer! Looking forward to more of the same! ...more
Vicky Quenault
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic third instalment in a series that just keeps getting better. The undead ultra series makes you want to put on your runners and push yourself to the limit.
Jessica Bronder
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kate’s little family has gone through tough times with zombies and human survivors. But they have managed to keep going despite the odds. But things are changing. It seems that the zombies are evolving. Herds of zombies are being driven by alphas, those that seem to have become smart enough to lead. If that was not bad enough, they are heading right for the university.

I love how this series keeps evolving. Kate has changed from the sad woman that was afraid to be alone to the leader of her littl
Raya Whitehouse
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series to date, the author really goes into detail but not overly so that you find yourself skipping over passages. This is the third one in the series and they really give you a run for your money ;) pun intended.

Kate has changed a lot in each book, you get to see/read/hear how each thing affects her.

The book follow Kate again as well as a soldier name Ban. I will say that while it was interesting hearing things from Ben, I am more into Kate's chapters xD.

Ben really likes Kate which
David Taylor
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lost Coast is my favorite of the Undead Ultra series, the action intensifies, we are given a deeper understanding of some of the characters who were strangers from Dorm Life. I have to admit the story and Gwyndolyn Druyor’s excellent narration caused me to get teary eyed in a couple of places while listening. If you are an Undead Ultra fan, this episode one is a must read/listen.
Jerome’s Cat
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Zombies and Redwoods

Picott keeps the zombie apocalypse fresh and interesting with outdoor survival challenges, giant redwoods and alpha zombies. Each boom has a fresh challenge to keep you interested.
Diana Harrison
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Running on perfectly

Just finished the 3rd book in the series (plus freebie Foot soldier) and going to get 4th and final instalment. Loving the story and such a bonus to have no editing errors etc. Recommend this great take on the zombie apocalypse theme.
Audra
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent zombie apocalypse story in the continuing series by Camille Picott. I listened to each story one after the other immediately after finishing the previous entry in the series. I highly recommend this book and the entire series to anyone that enjoys zombie and/or apocalypse survival.
NormaCenva
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The series slowed down in this one, but I still loved it! If there aver will be more of the books in this specific Universe, I will most definitely check them out!
Kim Carroll
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and exhilarating! Characters you can really root for! I love Ben and Kate! Can’t wait for the next book!
Selina
Kathy
Aug 05, 2020
Ron Blaski
Nov 09, 2020

• Apocalypse Z: Book 4 (Rise of the Undead)
  • Taking it Back (White Flag of the Dead, #2)
  • Turmoil (Days of Want #3)
  • Hunted (Days of Want #2)
  • The First 30 Days: A Zombie Apocalypse Novel
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • The Last Light of Day (Dark Days of the After #0.5)
  • Life After The Fall (The Planetsider Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Out of Options (Team Colt Book 0)
  • Meat
  • The Man by the Sea (The Slim Hardy Mystery Series Book 1)
  • Legion (V Plague #19)
  • BioShock: Rapture
  • Cataclysm (V Plague #18)
  • Abaddon (V Plague #17)
  • Anna and the Apocalypse
  • Poison in Paddington (Cassie Coburn Mystery #1)
  • An Angel Fallen (The Risen World, #1)
Camille loves to read, write, eat, and run obscene distances. (Not always in that order.) She considers sleep to be highly over-rated.

Undead Ultra (5 books)
  • Dawn Patrol: (Undead Ultra Prequel)
  • Undead Ultra (A Zombie Novel)
  • Dorm Life (Undead Ultra Book 2)
  • Fort Dead (Undead Ultra #4)

News & Interviews