Start by marking “A Taste of Temptation (Layovers #3)” as Want to Read:
A Taste of Temptation (Layovers #3)

A Taste of Temptation (Layovers #3)

When Élodie Martel’s motorbike leaves her stranded on the side of a Tuscan backroad—on the way to her only remaining relative’s funeral, no less—the last thing she’s looking for is a hookup. But how can she resist sexy farmhand Vico Fierli when he offers her a ride? And the best gnocchi she’s ever tasted. And comfort—sweet, tempting comfort—in trying times.

But life gets co
Published December 8th 2019 by Ganache Media

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of Temptation

Start your review of A Taste of Temptation (Layovers #3)
Book-Bosomed  blog
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third tale in the Layovers series takes us to the Tuscan countryside.

There Élodie Martel’s life keeps getting more and more complicated when a visit to her aunt lands her in the middle of a contested estate and an attraction to the hired help, Vico Fierli, who may or may not be able to help her sort out the problems of the present as well as the betrayals of the past.
“‘It would only be wrong if the attention is not welcome. And you have seen the proof that I welcome your attentions.’”
R Huiszoon
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Saskia Laine, ‘A Taste of Temptation’
(Layovers #3)

As a Hidden Gems ARC reader I received a free copy and promised an honest review. Here it is.

Rating: 4 stars (of 5).

In general: Space engineer finds an Italian Lover.

Main characters:
- Elodie (El) Martel.
She’s a Canadian aerospace engineer who’s temporary transferred to Varese in Italy working on an Airbus project. She takes this opportunity to visit her aunt Fran who - a long time ago - went to live in Italy at an estate, Fiera Vista di Cortine.
Linda
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
🍷Liked the story, surfeit of intimate clinches notwithstanding🌄

👍For me the best parts that made the story enjoyable were:
Irascible 👵Nonna, hero Vico's stroppy grandmother;
🍇The Italian rural setting;
The 📃 will/estate complications subplot; and
Heroine Elodie's can-do spirit, intelligence, business acumen and competence

Although I liked Elodie and Vico together, I felt the ending of the story was just too focused on the 🔥steam. If hot clinches are something you are looking for in a romance, you'll
Amii
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It’s the first I’ve read from this author but I wasn’t disappointed at all. You can’t beat a bit of steamy romance, El falls for a hot Italian man that turns out to be more than just an instant attraction. It’s a fairly short book which I liked as it didn’t drag on for too long and the characters were great, especially Nonna! I’ll definitely be checking out other books from Saskia. The book is steamy, romantic and has a hea, what more could you want? I read this book as an ARC ...more
MamaBee
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This was the first book I’ve read by this author. I loved that she chose a strong heroine. The details seemed thoroughly researched and believable. Their romance was natural. I would have loved to see things through his perspective too. I also didn’t like that I had to google translations so much, but I loved the use of the Italian language. A nice novella.

I received an ARC via Hidden Gems but the opinions are my own.
Books2lovenow
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a sexy fun read. It had a fast paced plot with just enough intrigue to keep it going. The sex scenes were hot although not terribly detailed. You really got the sense of place the Italian countryside, the local culture, the history. I absolutely loved that part. Overall I thought A Taste of Temptation was just about as perfect as a novella like this could be.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

• Unconventional
  • Mission: Impossible to Forget
  • Smash and Grab (Callahan Security #2)
  • Married to the Don (Kornilov Bratva Duet, #1)
  • Texting the Rugby Player
  • Saddled
  • Double Entendre (Lesbians in Leather, #1)
  • Ink (Colors of Crime #3)
  • Take a Chance on Me  (All I Want, #6)
  • Black Light: Charmed
  • The Captive Born (The Captive #1)
  • Ash (Colors of Crime, #4)
  • Baby Daddy Wanted (The Masons #3)
  • Dark Russian Angel
  • The Ex-Boyfriend Agreement
  • Crimson (Colors of Crime, #8)
  • Savage Lover  (Brutal Birthright #3)
  • Daddy's Pet
Saskia Laine hides out on a not-so-remote island in Canada, hoarding chocolate, alter egos, and sexy story ideas.

She is the author of the Layovers series of spicy contemporary romance short reads.

News & Interviews