Start by marking “Breaking the Mould: Learning to Thrive as a Ministry Mum” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Mould: Learning to Thrive as a Ministry Mum

Breaking the Mould: Learning to Thrive as a Ministry Mum

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
You really are a breath of fresh air. If Rev. Jules Middleton had a penny for every time shed heard that, shed be able to hire someone else to put on her kids birthday parties! Even as a compliment its message is clear: youre different to what we expect.

Jules is one of hundreds of mums in ministry across the Church today, and yet against a predominantly white,
Published February 20th 2020 by SPCK Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Mould, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Mould

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Breaking the Mould: Learning to Thrive as a Ministry Mum
Louise Douglas
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
I was sent this book before Christmas as an advanced copy to review, but unfortunately Ive not been feeling great and havent been in the mood for reading very much. So the length of time it took me to read is definitely not a reflection of the book, which I thought was fabulous.

As a disclaimer, Im neither in ministry or a mum, so Im almost certainly not the target audience, but I found it so eye opening for a general member of the congregation to see a bit of what it takes to be a vicar, let
Mary Vickers
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At first this could appear to be a niche book which mightnt appeal to me as, although Im an ordained minister, I have never had children. However, there were so many more touch-points in the book than Id imagined there might be and, on top of that, it is a good and enlightening read.

Jules Middletons writing style is chatty and honest, with more than a touch of humour. This approach reflects her deep thinking on the topic, and presumably also her personality. Despite her relatively informal
SPCK Publishing

• Faitheism
  • Advent 2019: A Thrill of Hope
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • Girl 38: Finding a Friend
  • Ready to Rise: Own Your Voice, Gather Your Community, Step into Your Influence
  • David Sheppard: Batting for the Poor