Start by marking “Supernatural Inmate (Supernatural Captivity #1)” as Want to Read:
Supernatural Inmate (Supernatural Captivity #1)

Supernatural Inmate

(Supernatural Captivity #1)

After pissing off the head of the supernatural lab, failing at befriending my fellow inmates, and pitching a temper tantrum in the underground cafeteria, it was only a matter of time before I had to do something about this whole captivity thing.

For me, Cassandra Thorn, being born as a human, raised by an elite group of supernaturals, and struggling to reach my
Published February 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Supernatural Inmate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Supernatural Inmate

Start your review of Supernatural Inmate (Supernatural Captivity #1)
Poplora
Feb 07, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF MC is too stupid to live, spoiled, and has a death wish.

Acting like the people who kidnapped you, took you to a dungeon, and performed tests on you are going to serve you like a princess is beyond stupid. Also I don't think she can actually do anything for herself without some kind of involvement from the other love interests. Any iota of danger is removed and controlled by them sooo what's the point really.
Seraphia
Supernatural Inmate is the beginning of a new series by Avery Song that is the first in her new Supernatural Captivity series and let me just say this - this book is REALLY good! I've been eagerly awaiting the first of many supernatural prison stories and this book is a must-read.
Supernaturals are being kidnapped all around the world and disappearing. Cassandra Thorn, daughter to the famous Thorn pair, cast away as a child for being human, taken in by a bear shifter as a child and growing up
Jeanny
Feb 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
1 Asinine Star.
The h was entitled, shallow, & TSTL. The writing was subpar. The story had a messy plot line & filled with unnecessary minutia. This story feels like the author never left the discovery phase of writing & an early draft was published. This is trypical of Yumoyori Wilson/Avery Song (2pen ñames same author). I have no one but myself to blame. I was tempted by the blurb & the cover art, overlooking the fact that this author is usually a dud.
It’s a personal
Ada
Feb 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
This book would be the definition of coming out more confused than when I went in with things happening left, right and centre but none of it counts for the substantial material you would expect in a story to make sense.

The opening scene itself confused the fuck out of me, the female lead is trying on panties with her brothers on the said shopping trip reviewing or whatever. Excuse me? I was like am I reading this right? These are her brothers(not by blood okay but still she thinks of them as
Sabetha | Aconite Cafe
Being this is the first of this type of book I've ever read I have thoughts. Overall the entire cast is very superficial and looks deep. If you enjoy books that describe nothing but super model level looks, and have everyone fawning over everyone, this book has all of that. Also, the level of "we're awesome, everyone is rich, let's zoolander this shit" made me laugh out loud. With each reveal I kept thinking "oh of course you are"

The "i'm gay" bit really should have been left out, it seemed to
Keryn
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely ADORED every single frigging moment of this read! My only complaint is I now have to wait to see what happens next until book two comes out . Avery Song is a sheer genius with words and world building. She must have some serious muses!!!! Cassandra is one fierce little human firecracker raised in a family with four supernatural brothers. Or at least four gorgeous supernatural hotties she was raised with but not formally adopted. Four of the most well known and famous supernatural ...more
Debbie Turk
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Intriguing And Exciting Read!!
(Read using Kindle Unlimited)
Supernatural Inmate (Supernatural Captivity #1)

This is a fascinating world full of intrigue, betrayal & backstabbing supernaturals & humans. They're out for power & money in any way they can get it, even if it means kidnapping & murder!! They make a mistake by targeting a human girl that's been brought up in an adoptive family of powerful supernaturals!

Cassandra has always tried to hold her own within her transplanted
Rosalie
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Supernatural Inmate

I really can’t stress how much I enjoyed this book! The first book of a new series and it completely blew my expectations out of the door!

When we are first introduced to Cassandra Thorn, it is to find her lingerie shopping with her supernatural “bros”. It was such a hilarious shopping expedition that I knew right then that this book was going to be hard to put down!

As we learn more about Cass and her relationships with the men in her life, we realize how deeply her
Krystin Bigley
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing story!!! Cass is a human orphan that was adopted by a man who is high up in the shifter chain. Everett is a bear shifter who has a lot of money and adopts orphan shifters. He found Cass and adopted her. He also adopted Tristan the shifter, Dominick the fae and twin brother's Otis the Vampire and Adonis the incubus. Growing up the five of them are the best of friends even though Cass is human and in their society looked down upon. As they get older they grow feelings for one ...more
Jacques
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
For a reverse-harem type of book, this is by far one of the better ones I've read. Cassandra is a spunky main that you can't help but love. She gets a lot of action in prison in more ways than one. Her personality is entertaining, and even though it was pretty expected, it was kinda fun to see what sort of trouble she got into.

It would have been better if more of the action sequences were described instead of just talked about. Most of the book, in fact, seems to be conversations about events
Rebekkaar
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Cass was a fun character. She grew up in a home with her “brothers” after her parents threw her away. The other guys has similar backgrounds and is taken in by their father figure- the protective shifter bear who raises them all. They are all really close. And when Cass is kidnapped and placed in a prison for supernaturals they do everything to find her.
This world was different than i first thought. In this book the prisoners are able to use the prisons as a home and go travel to hotels
Elizabeth Kronsted
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book is amazing. I love how Avery Song ties her book series' together and writing with Victoria Angus has taken her to another level.

This book does extremely well with weaving this world that the series' all take place in. The introduction of the characters was extremely interesting and put a smile on my face. I like the character of Cassandra as she seems familiar to me and really makes herself understood by the reader. I would like to see a little more of the guys, but this book is
Emma
Love it,

The start was a lil slow/info dump world establishing stuff so i was worried for a lil bit but as ive said time and time before i usually finish books and usually give the first book some breathing room and free pass since it has to accomplish so much.

So if youre not a fan of wordy etc type stuff the start might be a bit much but i promise the wait is worth it!!!

Seriously i cannot begin to explain how friggen pumped i am for not only this series but that THERE ARE 3 OTHER
Heather Gilbert
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oddly addictive

This is a hard book to review, mainly because in still struggling to figure out just what it is!! It’s labored a PNR RH, and while it is that, it seems to only claim that title in an obscure way. Honestly, it’s more of an urban fantasy with a romantic subtext - and there is not a dang thing wrong with that. There is love, and the relationships matter, but not so much in the score of the plot. The four guys she grew up with (not related) and secretly (not so secretly) Love, appear
Book Addict
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow...just wow! This book hit me as soon as I started and I absolutely love the calibration between these two very talented authors! Avery Song is always a favorite of mine but I can really read her development as a writer in this book. This book really had it all for me...a kickass FMC who has zero filter on her mouth and I laughed out loud so much from her words..I was fully invested in her story and felt it all come through the pages! Then you have the guys, they are intense, intriguing and ...more
Dallass
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Sign me up for more.

I was a little confused at the beginning, but after a couple of chapters I got into the groove and came to enjoy Cassandra as a character. Her ‘adopted’ brothers however are a whole different story. They frustrated me and seriously, I just wanted to give them a swift kick in the family jewels. Then there was Omarion, who I rather liked, as well as Cass’s inmate buddies, Alisha, Ivy and perhaps Celeste. We also have a winner winner chicken dinner candidate for twisted villain
Mellissa
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
P S
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series! I can’t wait until book 4 comes out. Love Cass and the guys. Looking forward to seeing how Cass grows and learns who she is.

This book had me sucked in and laughing from page one! Good mix of humor and a little sexiness. This is a must read! Grab a copy and you will not be disappointed. Just be sure to start it when you have time because you won’t be able to put it down!

Book is set in the future where the Supernatural are in charge. New take on a story. Loved every
Raveen Vann
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So freaking amazing and now my absolute favorite book. I had been excited to read this book from just the cover and blurb alone and once I started I was in no way disappointed with it all at. In fact I was completely hooked and couldn't put down until the end. Cass and the guys are all amazing and I just loved everything about her and how they were all so protective of each other. I am truly addicted to this and in seriously desperate need for the the next book and really just can't wait. So ...more
Sarah Zwar
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is such a great book for those who are getting hooked on the correctional facility/inmate genre!! I absolutely loved this character and the men in the book. I really like having so many different varieties of supernaturals in this story, even the twins were two different types of supernaturals! I also enjoyed the fact that the MC and her men have known/grew up with each other since they were little. Seeing their relationships evolve has been heartwarming and a bit steamy I can't wait ...more
Jacquie Stolz
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal start of a kicka$$ series

Cassandra is an intriguing human who grew up within the supernatural world. Raised by a bear shifter and 4 different supernatural brothers. She is kidnapped and placed in a supernatural prison. Where she finds out she is unique, and faces many challenges. This book is full of mystery, intrigue. It is a paranormal RH with a medium burn. I couldn't put it down, and cannot wait for the next book to find out what happens next.
Norma
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I greatly enjoyed this read! It kept me turning pages so fast, I had to slow done for fear I'd miss something! Cass is fierce, sassy, and a bit pampered and immature at the start, but there's so much potential for her growth and development and I can't wait to see it! Her men are powerful, sexy, and so delicious. There are also some strong female side characters that I'm excited to see friendships develop with. Original, exciting, and intense, Supernatural Inmate was quite a ride!
Alexandria Christman
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Avery Song has done it again she’s given us another amazing start to a new series. Supernatural Inmate had me hooked from the first page, I honestly almost cried when I had to put it down. Cassandra has such an amazing character and don’t even get me started on her men. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone who wants to sink their teeth into another supernatural world. I can’t wait to see what happens next!!!
Cheryl Sedman
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Outstandingly brilliant and totally hooked on this series. With loads of twists and turns and crazy emotional overloads Cass has to over come to connect with her true self once she's captured and sent to the supernatural prison. With her four hot brothers who she realises she has loved all her life trying to figure out how go rescue her. Can Cass do all she needs to survive. Pick up this baby and find out
Lisa Freels
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Star read!!

This book was absolutely amazing.... Cassandra the FMC Has been raised with supernaturals And under the impression she's just a little weak human..oh man how wrong they are !!! This book has legit got me going cray Cray over the Prison RH books !! Can't wait for book 2 !!! I'm not trying to spoil any of the book for you but let me just tell you Cassandra's brothers Are literally my new book boyfriends every single 1 of them .....I lick them they are mine lmao
Vivian
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? Avery song did it again. This story is different and intriguing, we can grow up with Cass while she goes through what is needed to discover who she is and her destiny. The guys are yummy and I loved the fact they were raised together.
But, we also get a mysterious guard that awakens the fire in her.
Full of action, sexy times, adventure, intrigue, betrayal, love, brotherhood, friendship, power and surprises, this is one to look out for!
Leshannon
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Slow start, good foundation

Though this book.started rather slowly, it applied a good foundation for the story moving forward.
The main character while strong was spoiled and hesitant to love her guys. She finds her strength at differing parts of the story and comes into her own strength and character in the end. It is a journey seeing her ups and downs and seeing how she handle conflict. I cannot wait to see the development of the plot in the next installment.
Margaux Espinosa
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a freakin awesome read! The characters are amazing, and the storyline is fantastic and completely original. There is so much intrigue, detail and emotion packed into this story. This book had everything you could possibly want, shifters, Vampires, fae, dragons, and magic, a kidnapping, romance, steam, secret agents, and so freakin much more! I seriously can’t wait to read what happens next. I’m just sad I have to wait for the next book.
Kendall Lindsay
Hell Prision

Supernatural Inmate is a potential block best seller. The story of Cassandra mixes mistaken identity meets American Psycho. You aren't sure which way she is going. Mix that with her inability to be confident in herself. No past generally means no future, which is her story but the story line leaves the ability to continue to build. Can't wait to see where this story goes. Find out about all the sexy men. Promising book.
Jessica Robbins
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle
Fantastic

What a fantastic start to a new series!!! Our female lead has grown up in an adopted household surrounded by four hot as well powerful supernatural brothers. Things get near when they say they are have to leave for a few months to do a job. She storms off only to land herself trapped and sent to a hidden prison. What follows is mind blowing! I couldn't put it down. I totally loved it so I give it 5/5 stars.

• Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Shadowborn Prison (Dark Fae Paranormal Prison, #1)
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy Series, #1)
  • Descendant of Blood (Descendants #2)
  • Found (Thornbriar Academy #1)
  • Seraphim Academy 1: Wicked Wings
  • The Avowed (Shadowed Wings, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Her Soulkeepers, #1)
  • Upended Life (Artemis University #1)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Nora Jacobs #4)
  • The Only Essence (The White Dragon Book 1)
  • The Missing Wolf (Familiar Empire #1)
  • Descendant of Chaos (Descendants #1)
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
  • Broken Magic (Academy of the Elites, #2)
  • Reborn in Flames (Reborn, #1)
  • Found and Forged (The Lost Sentinel, #4)
  • Hidden Power (Academy of Elemental Magic, #1)

Supernatural Captivity (3 books)
  • Supernatural Outlaw (Supernatural Captivity #2)
  • Supernatural Villain (Supernatural Captivity #3)