Start by marking “Logan Likes Mary Anne! (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #8)” as Want to Read:
Logan Likes Mary Anne! (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #8)

Logan Likes Mary Anne!

(Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #8)

It's the first day of a new school year, and while Mary Anne doesn't know what to expect from the eighth grade, she's looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. One thing she definitely doesn't expect is to meet Logan Bruno, who just moved to Stoneybrook!

Logan has a dreamy southern accent, he's awfully cute... and he might be interested in joining the BSC. B
Published September 1st 2020 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Logan Likes Mary Anne!, please sign up.
Simone Elias Yeah libraries are open for free when this book comes out.
Ruby Rose I don't know where Dawn went, so yes?…moreI don't know where Dawn went, so yes?(less)

Start your review of Logan Likes Mary Anne! (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #8)
Haesoo
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Baby Sitter Club Books♥️
Shira
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
is it normal that seeing tigger made me cry?

this is one of my all-time favorite bsc books, and the adaptation was pretty faithful. the main change was that this book saw the introduction of jessi, which was great! no blase and harmful plotline of racist neighbors, just good ol’ fashioned jessi and mal bonding over horse books and such (and foreshadowing charlotte and becca’s bff-ship to come).
Alexa
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this book is really good. i so love the part when mary anne and logan kiss at the end of the dance!im so happy for her!
Mae
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
You know them books that make you feel all warm, happy, and fuzzy inside? well this is one of them.
Logan Hughes
Sep 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: babysitters-club
Like its source text, Logan Likes Mary Anne!, the plot here is simple and low-conflict: Mary Anne and Logan like each other and begin to go to dances and parties together, but Mary Anne is very shy and constantly thinks she has ruined the relationship by doing something embarrassing. Logan is sweet and tries to reassure her. They begin a sweet puppy-love type relationship.

This is a hard one to translate to a visual medium because it's so introspective, but Gale Galligan's adaptation hits the ri
Rod Brown
Gale Galligan wraps up her tour of duty on the Baby-Sitters Club graphic novel adaptations just as she is hitting her stride. Shy Mary Anne gets all excited and anxious as new boy in school Logan Bruno starts paying attention to her. A warm and fuzzy little story about dating in eighth grade.
BookWorm
Dec 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Logan Likes Mary Anne was a graphic novel about Mary Anne and her journey to break out of her shell. On that journey, she meets Logan who helps her with her shyness.

I enjoyed the previous Baby-Sitters Club books more than this one. This one felt inauthentic to me because Mary Anne is known to be a timid person, but all of a sudden she is breaking out of her shell and meeting new people and getting a boyfriend in the 8th grade. I'm not saying any of that is terrible, but it just doesn't seem lik
Ruby Rose
Oh gosh, this one was so cute! I forgot about these ones until Netflix decided to do the series. These are so awesome, though they do kind of lack diversity in some ways. The series DEFINITELY helped with this one.

This book had so many funny parts, that I swear that this book is one of my new favorites.

I mean, you think that some of these middle grade books would get boring at a point in time, but I think I could read these forever.

Anyways my injured rooster is back so I need to go see how bad
Eliza
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ok, graphic
It's okay. Follows the plot line of the original book pretty good, only problem was that original book wasn't that good to start with. (No offense) I mean, not the worst, could definitely be better. Like the art style, though! Uhhhhhhhhh don't know what else to say........

Conclusion:
meh book, great art!
Lorraine
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
A nice addition to this series. Mary Ann is starting 8th grade and develops a crush on Logan Bruno, a boy who just moved to town. Mary Ann is shy and often unsure of herself, but Logan is a great guy who likes her as well. And guess what? He's also a babysitter!

The artwork was attractive and colorful. The story was sweet. Fans of this series and the original Babysitters Club books will love this one.
Lakshmi Pothula
Apr 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
I want to read it.
Lani
Jan 28, 2021 rated it liked it
I started reading the Baby-Sitters Club graphic novels when I was 9. Since then, I have been an avid reader of this series. I was so excited when I heard that a new Baby-Sitters Club book was coming out, especially after watching the Netflix adaptation. Unfortunately, the eighth book in the series, ¨Logan Likes Mary-Anne", was not up to the high standards I had for this series.

I felt like this book had a shallow plot compared to the other books in the series, which had more interesting plots wi
Kathryn
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was charming! I've enjoyed all of the BSC graphic novels I've read so far, and was looking forward to this one in particular, as this was one of my favorite books in the series when I was a kid. The way these adaptations have re-written Mallory and Jessi's entry into the BSC is an interesting choice, much less dramatic than in the original stories. The re-write for why Logan doesn't join as a full member was a little goofy, but whatever. It worked. Mary Anne's character growth and the buddi ...more
Morgan Hedglin
Feb 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Mary Anne is my least favorite BSC member, and this one was mainly about her. I get being shy, but running out on the dance and her own birthday party just seemed over the top annoying and childish. She’s lucky the rest of the BSC are such good friends to her despite this. 🤷‍♀️
iz
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
so adorable!!!
Aileen
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another adorable installment I waited too long for!
Maria Rowe
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Love the writing and illustrations. Can’t wait for the next one!
Kricket
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
In which Mary Anne gets a CAT and a BOYFRIEND. Happy days!
Jen
Jan 18, 2021 rated it liked it
As always very cute! But maybe my least favorite of the graphic novel adaptations.
Lan
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Mary Anne is really lucky in this book!!!
She gets a BOYFRIEND and a CAT!!!
Not just that, her new boyfriend, Logan Bruno cares about her and her father isn't that strict anymore, and not too grumpy like my dad. 🙄
Also, her friends care about her!!!
She's so LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish things went well for me.
Love the illustrations in this book!!!
Stephanie
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I still shy away from being the center of attention, so I feel your pain Mary Anne! Logan is pretty great because he doesn’t scare easy, not sure how realistic that maturity is in an 8th grade boy but... a super fun read nonetheless.
Ahlaam
Feb 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
it is good
Llyr Heller-Humphreys
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet book!
Courtney
Another really great graphic novel in the series! I really love Gale Galligan's art style - the characters' expressions are so cute/funny! I enjoyed seeing Mary Anne deal with her shyness and how her friends were always supportive and kind. Her sensitivity was never put in a negative light such as when (view spoiler) ...more
Kat Ice
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed reading the series. Growing up with the babysitter club books really taught me a lot. And now being able to read them as graphic novels and seeing the younger kids today reading these as well makes me feel really good about this generation. This was such a cute story and really well written.
Samantha
I love these graphic novel adaptations of the BSC books! I just love how they've changed the story in subtle ways that really do improve it, and how they've made the stories themselves so much more inclusive. It just makes my heart happy to see them updated the right way! ...more
Lisa D
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Liz
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this graphic novel series of a great and very nostalgic book series. ...more
Paige
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was really cute. One of my favourites!
Natasha | readalongwithnat
I honestly can't remember if the original series was this diverse, but this book might be my favorite of the series so far. I'm sad that it's the last of Gale's illustrations, though! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Baby Sitters Club...: Logan Likes Mary Anne: Crushes 2 2 Feb 09, 2021 08:25PM

• Karen's Roller Skates (Baby-sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #2)
  • Karen's Worst Day (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #3)
  • Act (Click, #3)
  • Forget Me Nat (Nat Enough #2)
  • Becoming Brianna
  • Nat Enough (Nat Enough #1)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)
  • Class Act (New Kid, #2)
  • Twins
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire, #1)
  • The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
  • Measuring Up
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • All Together Now
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Because of Winn-Dixie
  • Click (Click, #1)
Gale Galligan (they/she) is an Asian-American cartoonist living in Pleasantville, New York. They're best known for their three bestselling BABY-SITTERS CLUB graphic novels: DAWN AND THE IMPOSSIBLE THREE, KRISTY’S BIG DAY, and BOY-CRAZY STACEY.

Gale holds an MFA in Sequential Art from the Savannah College of Art and Design. When she isn’t making comics, Gale enjoys knitting, reading, and spending ti

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels (10 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea
  • The Truth About Stacey
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day
  • Claudia and Mean Janine
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three
  • Kristy's Big Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #6)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #7)
  • Claudia and the New Girl
  • The Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #1-7: A Graphix Collection: Full-Color Edition

News & Interviews