Start by marking “Unmasked Heart” as Want to Read:
Unmasked Heart

Unmasked Heart

Annabeth
They call me a princess.
But I’m nothing like the royalty found in fairy tales. The Noble family aren’t the kind that live in castles.
The “prince” I’m promised to? He’s no Prince Charming.
Cohen took my first kiss and now he expects me to kiss the ground he walks on…as his wife.

Cohen
I always get what I want. Annabeth Noble broke my heart when we were kids and I can’t
Published December 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Unmasked Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unmasked Heart

Start your review of Unmasked Heart
Julia ✿
~ 𝟮.𝟳𝟱 ✧
♫ ♪ cross my heart, hope to die
to my lover, i'd never lie
he said "be true, " i swear I'll try
in the end, it's him and i
♫ ♪

🅻.🅼.🅰.🅾. 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗪𝗔𝗦… 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦… and honestly? I don't even know what to think, and yet… at the same time, I have so much to say. I just can't even. See, I picked up Unmasked Heart on a whim and I wasn't even planning on reviewing it, but then... that scene happened and I couldn't not mention UNMASKED HEART. I just had to share my thoughts.

So,
JadeC
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars!! Lol i guess i start to understand the meaning unmasked heart now! Sizzling hot 🔥🔥 nice plot even though its a novella. Arranged marriage + loads of dirty talking!
Amanda
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun short read. This is my first book by this author and I'm glad I found her books. Annabeth is being forced into a marriage by her father. It is a business move for him but to Annabeth it is unforgiveable.
She has known Cohen since she was a little kid but she doesn't want to marry him. It is soon going to be time for the engagement party and Cohen has a plan of his own to show Annabeth he truly does love her.
Vanessa Siena
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first ever read from Veronica Eden and I went into it open-minded since I've never read a dark mafia arranged marriage bully romance.

Since it's a novella, I accepted the fact that it's a short read, although I would be up for a longer version of this book. Like, immediately.

I finished it last night after just starting it and I couldn't put it down. Cohen somehow managed to dig his way into my heart. Probably because I'm a sucker for rude assholes with strong personalities.

And Anni
Lucy Potter
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
This would have been so much better if it was just longer.

I liked the characters but they needed more. And I loved the writing style.

However, I think the plot was actually pretty problematic, which would have been fine if there was a siginificant amount of working through that and setting things right. But it just kind of ended really quickly and I was left feeling a little icky.

Also, this is just my personal preference, but I feel like a story this short, shouldn't have an epilogue. There ha
Coco.V
Jan 02, 2021 marked it as to-read
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/2/2021)! 🎁
Geralynn
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books
There's so much I want to say about Unmasked Heart but I am only limited to so much, alas.

This dark romance, arranged marriage, bully romance combination is one that is not only smart, quick and funny at points, but also superb at honing in on the character's minds and intentions. I felt immediately drawn in by Annebeth and Cohen's minds, and was panting for more about the incredible electricity between these two chars as their history of knowing each other since childhood radiates the tension
Rhiyel
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Wonderful buildup, shortly followed by disappointment.

I’m in two minds about this book. The build up and the suspense was delicious. Admittedly I had to push the niggling disbelief to the back of my head while I was reading the part where he deceives her...I’d think she’d be able to recognise him a bit easier than what was written considering how well she knows him. I liked both characters at the start. Both of them had such conviction and determination to get what they wanted. I loved the fire
Lin
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Angelina
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I've read by this author and it would be the perfect way to have a taste of her work if you're unsure if she's the author for you. I loved how this story as mainly set over one night and used the tempting topic of a masked ball to add passion and intrigue. My only complaint was that I wanted the story to be longer because I didn't want it to end and I also wanted more of this author's work because it feels like forever until I can get my hands on her next release. I'm alw ...more
Harim
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uh, what the heck

Why is this story so damn short? I need this to be a full length novel!

I absolutely loved loved it.
I am so grateful that the author blessed me with an ARC and boy oh boy did I take me sweetass time devouring this baby.

Annie and Cohen..

Ugh, dang it this was way too short and ended way too quick.

Cohen was ultra ahole and I loved every bit of it, but deep down inside he's the ultimate love.
Annie, I loved, ofcourse and she gave as good as she got.

The chemistry is explosive and
Deepthi Nhattiala
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
My rating 3.5 stars.

The book got me all hyped up after reading the blurb. Being a fan of bully romance, I was quite curious about this book.

The story started off pretty well, but damn, it was a very short read. The hero is a major a-hole who keeps making the girl’s life difficult. Like all other romance bullys Cohen has a mushy side to him. The heroine Annie is a spitfire though I felt that the character growth was lacking.

This could have been a really good book if it was a bit more lengthy. I
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
She wants freedom of choice and life, he wants to own and posses his fiancé. Arranged marriage of a daughter of a dirty Real estate tycoon and the son of of a second hand to his uncles mafia family, the marriage will make her father a very happy and wealthy douchbag that has no real love for his daughter. Cohen has a need to make Annie bend to his will but after her confession, he’ll have change his ways and be the man she needs him to be and not make her I so his puppet that she fears to become ...more
Layla Powers
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'd flitzed past this book a few times when browsing through Booksprout, yet each time I was drawn towards both the title and the cover. When I finally clicked on it, I found the blurb to be even more interesting and decided to read the ARC.

Oh boy, I wasn't disappointed! The book drew me in from the very first page and kept me glued right till the end. Albeit a quick read, which left you a little frustrated towards the end when all the loose ends were tied and the book finished, it was a good on
Dangerously in love with books
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s to short!! But good 😉

Had a blast reading this one, it’s my first Veronica Eden book and I think she’s got it, with the whole writing thing 😂

I love mafia romance and arranged marriages, although this one I think it did not classified as a mafia romance because both main characters did not want to be in the mafia. But it was a good read.

I love the personalities of both main characters Cohen and Annie, love that both are strong and fierce about what they want and they fight to get it, I hated
Brittney
Apr 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
The story of Annie and Cohen is a fast burn bully/torment romance.
They've known each other since they were kids. Their dad's and families run most of the city and are involved in dark and shady business. They're set up in an arranged marriage and be next in line to take over.
Annie has always felt trapped and controlled. Having an arranged marriage only makes her feel more so. She refuses to marry Cohen. She hates him, he has tormented her for years.
Cohen as much as he torments Annie actually
Meander - Read & Roam
Short read

It's a simple, short read. Read without any expectation.Anna beth is promised to her fathers business partners son. She loathe's him initially and tells him, she will never go to him willingly.
Cohen takes her words as a challenge. Story started of well and become more predictable after fee mins. Yet its good read for such a short story.

She wants freedom of life and he wants her, both have their own priority. Will they make each other priority and lead a life what they want than of wh
Annie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this quick story about Cohen and Annie. She's a "princess" who hates everything about her life, her arranged marriage and her gilded cage her dad puts her in. Cohen is the son of a business partner who when married will connect their families. She hates him, he's picked at her for several years. But the night if the engagement masquerade ball they both see a different side of the other. Great HEA.

I received a free copy of this book v
Meagan
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I wish it was longer

I really liked both main characters and the storyline, I just wish this was a full length novel instead of a novella. The beginning was great, but the end felt rushed, both characters sort of did a complete 180 and I feel the execution could have been better if we had more time with the characters. The premise and set up was there, and it could still have worked as a full length standalone. All in all, I enjoyed the read, I just would have liked the author to dive into their
Sophie Randall
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book so much! I just wish it was longer I can't lie, I can see how it ended all neatly but would've loved to see more development and scenes from enemies to lovers.
The writing was honestly so beautiful and the descriptions were amazing.
I loved Cohen he was like super bad, but then super cute and smitten and just yes, the way he made Annie his queen and equal was just perfect.
Annie was amazing, such a badass and so strong - I loved the epilogue where it showed them building their kin
Shars❤️
I really liked this short read... It had lots of fire and spice between the 2 mc. Both were likeable and strong willed. Which I like. I don't like the submissive types in my books. The back and fourths were fun and interesting to read. The writing style was easy to read and the sparks kept you clued Into wat wud happen next.
Definitely recommend a read.

Look. Forward to more books from this author
Vicki Stephens
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unmasked Heart is a bullying romance which centers around an arranged marriage between Annabeth, mafia princess, and Cohen, expected to marry her to merge the two families together. They have known each other since childhood, but Cohen has always been a bully at times. I recommend this short novella with complex characters, a surprising plot with intense emotions, love, and romance.

Jennifer Richey
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow such a dark and great steamy book! Anna Beth is promised to her fathers business partners son (arranged marriage) she hates the idea! She meets a hot guy and has an hot encounter but who is he? Will this put off the wedding? Ahh this book all the feels!

Misty Schott
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read!!

Annie doesn't want to be just a lawn her father can use to marry off as a business deal. She has hated Cohen since they were kids and he stole her first kiss. Cohen has wanted Annie since they were kids and he plans on proving to her he is not like her father. This is a wonderful story and I highly recommend it!
Lauren miss.reads.alot
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and to the point, exactly what I was looking for.. The characters and world are built well and I had a good understanding of why Annie hated Cohen and why he loved to torment here. The sex scenes were on fire and there was a sweet, HEA. Over all, a really good short read.
bookworm
i couldn't finish it! i'm so tired of rich heroines who are all " i don't want money i just want to save the world". i would be interessed in reading about cohen's cousins since apparently they're involved in the family bussiness unlike cohen. ...more
Sheryl
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it

This was àn enjoyable story that I wish would have been longer. The characters have great chemistry but I needed more to the story. I will definitely try this author again.
Lammie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fantastic Novella

This was an exceptionally well done novella. The author actually built characters in the short span of the book that felt like a full novel read. This was my first read for this author and will definitely not be my last. Well done 👏 👏

• Teach Me Dirty
  • Call Me Daddy
  • All I Am: Drew's Story (This Man, #3.5)
  • Sixty Days, the Box Set (Sixty Days, #1-3)
  • The Royal Treatment (Ravishing Royals #4)
  • Dirty Bad Savage (Dirty Bad, #2)
  • Once a Crime Lord (Crime Lord, #3)
  • Seducing My Valentine (Sexy Romantic Standalone, #3)
  • Dirty Bad Wrong (Dirty Bad, #1)
  • Fear Me (Broken Love, #1)
  • Violent Triumphs (White Monarch, #3)
  • Dirty Billionaire
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • Strict (Part Six)
  • Captive for Christmas
  • Muffin: A First Time FFM Ménage Romance (Taboo Fantasies #2)
  • Invasion
  • The Rebel Queen (The Rebel Queen Duet, #2)
Veronica Eden is an international bestselling author of dark new adult romances + reverse harem romances with spitfire heroines and irresistible heroes.

She loves exploring complicated feelings, magical worlds, epic adventures, and the bond of characters that embrace us against the world. She has always been drawn to gruff bad boys, clever villains, and the twisty-turns of morally gray decisions. S

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...