Start by marking “Mistletoe and Mr. Right (Moose Springs, Alaska #2)” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe and Mr. Right (Moose Springs, Alaska #2)

Mistletoe and Mr. Right

(Moose Springs, Alaska #2)

How the moose (almost) stole Christmas.

Lana Montgomery is everything the quirky small town of Moose Springs, Alaska can't stand: a rich socialite with dreams of changing things for the better. But Lana's determined to prove that she belongs...even if it means trading her stilettos for snow boots and tracking one of the town's hairiest Christmas mysteries: the Santa Moose,
Published October 6th 2020 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe and Mr. Right, please sign up.
Soulfire There are no graphic sex scenes, the most that's described is the occasional make-out scene and even that is just all emotion. But it's going to depen…moreThere are no graphic sex scenes, the most that's described is the occasional make-out scene and even that is just all emotion. But it's going to depend on the mom.(less)
Sarah Morgenthaler Hi! You can read Mistletoe as a stand alone, but there are characters from the first story that show up in this one too.

Start your review of Mistletoe and Mr. Right (Moose Springs, Alaska #2)
Irena BookDustMagic
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This should have been my Christmas in July read, but it was my Christmas in August read instead (and yes, I am aware that's not a thing).

I was pretty happy to see that my wish was granted, and I got the opportunity to read and review Mistletoe and Mr. Right via Netgalley.

The story takes place in Alaska and it really captures small town vibe, with it's characters, their mentality and the descriptions of the place.

I certainly enjoyed this sequel that can be read as standalone (I haven't read the p
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
When you’re in the middle of never ending, nerve bending, incessantly hearing nails on chalkboard sound in your head kind of Pandemic, reading something make you feel Christmas spirit could be your only life west not to drown at the pessimism sea!

This is truly vivid, enjoyable, sweet and soul healing recipe! We need this book to get through our stressful days and keep smile without thinking any further. It brightens our dark moods, heals our exhausted hearts and melts our hearts.

If you already
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
It feels harsh to say this, but this book REALLY needed more editing. It was just WAY too long with way too many superfluous details and plot lines and it just.. did not work for me. Big womp.
Tina
This is a Christmas Romance Book, and it is the second book in the Moose Springs, Alaska series. I am so very glad that my wish for this book was granted. This book had me at the first sentence. There is so many parts of this book that made me laugh so hard (a giant penis carved out of snow on a mountainside, Santa Moose, the squirrel b&b, tranquilizer dart, and the Santa Suit two sizes to small). This book is so much more then just a romance because it is a little hearted funny with a little ro ...more
Katie B
A cute romance and an attention grabbing first sentence to start off the book. Normally it takes me a few chapters before I have decided whether or not to stick with a book, but not with this one. That first sentence hooked and reeled me in.

Lana Montgomery works for the Montgomery Group which is owned and run by her wealthy family. She is determined to get her luxury condominium project up and running in one of her favorite places in the world, Moose Springs, Alaska. The locals though aren't to
Samantha
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance

TW: off page car accidents involving loved ones; sexual harassment; drunken accidents

This book wasn’t quite as enjoyable for me as the first in the series, but this is a series I’ll continue to read because it does have heart.

I did like Rick and Lana a lot. Small town man in love with big city businesswoman is one of my things, and Rick is such a sweet man.

The problems I had with this were similar to the first book. These books are far too long. There are so many unnecessary story
Larry H
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Sarah Morgenthaler is adorable and fun, and another example of why I’ve been loving holiday rom-coms lately.

In this book, we return to the quirky small town of Moose Springs, Alaska. Lana isn’t the most popular person in town since her family’s company bought up most of the town, and she plans to build luxury condominiums in Moose Springs. Many town residents would prefer to keep tourists away even if it causes businesses to struggle more.

And while the town makes i
Berit☀️✨
This book was SO darn adorable! Sarah Morgenthaler whisked me away to Moose Springs Alaska in this hilarious and feel good tale. A Santa moose, a squirrel B&B, a penis sculpted into the mountain, tons of snow, loads of fabulous characters, sweet romance, small-town vibes, an abundance of humor. this was one of my favorite Christmas books this season. these characters were so colorful, the setting so charming, the feeling so festive. Lana Loves Moose Springs, but the residence of Moose Springs ar ...more
rachel ☾
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
#1) The Tourist Attraction ★★★☆☆
#3) Enjoy the View ★★☆☆☆

quick thoughts:

i was a little wary going into this after being disappointed by The Tourist Attraction, but i put up my christmas tree last night so it was officially time to start reading some holiday romances!

PROS:
rick. this tea-drinking, hedgehog-loving, blushing awkward mess of a man that zoey calls a literal duckling saved this book for me. he adopted his nephew-in-law and won't let anyone talk shit about his ex-wife and just inherent
Antonella
It is a great idea for a book; two lonely people finding love during Christmas time in a small Alaskan town. Sadly, the idea is better than the actual book. I had a hard time getting into it and I am sure I will soon forget all about it. I love the setting of a small town during holiday time in Alaska. Unfortunately, the romance part of the book is lacking. Lana and Rick's love story is just not interesting, believable, or enough for a such long book.
I liked book one, however, this one is disap
Snjez
Dec 30, 2020 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
dnf @ 23%

This story is not holding my attention. The MCs are a bit bland and I'm not feeling any chemistry between them. There's too much focus on Lana's family business. I'm not interested in reading about huge corporations and investments.
Not what I expected from a story with such a lovely setting.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Mistletoe and Mr. Right is literally the written equivalent of a Hallmark holiday movie. It’s about a big corporate muckity muck named Lana who has basically bought the town of Moose Springs, Alaska with hopes of revitalizing it while also making the residents realize she’s not some outsider up to no good. Rick is a local pub owner who has always had eyes for Lana, but avoided her due to her jet set lifestyle being one that would surel
Ambriehl Khalil
I liked this one more than the first one and Lana and Rick are so sweet together. Rick in general is such a sweetie. It’s nice to take a break from the grouchy men and just have a hero who is nervous and overwhelmed. I wish I waited a little longer because this is such a perfect festive read and I would have loooved to snuggle down next to the christmas tree and devour it. I really do enjoy this series and I cannot wait for Easton because I have a feeling that one is going to be my favourite so ...more
Randi (randi_reads)
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the second book about the small town of Moose Springs, Alaska. I just finished listening to The Tourist Attraction, which I enjoyed very much. I am so glad that I listened to it as the narrator, Elise Arsenault, is wonderful, and I could just imagine the characters' voices in this second book.

It's not that this follow-up is a bad story, it's just a little blah. I didn't feel it was as much of a romantic comedy as the first book. Lana is in Moose Springs looking for her happy, but she isn
Elle's Book Blog
My Rating: 4 Stars
Genre Small Town | Holiday Romance

Mistletoe and Mr. Right is a sweet, small town romance set in Alaska. Ever since I read The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker I’ve been looking for other novels that take place in Alaska and I’m so glad I found that in these books. There’s just something magical about the setting to me and I would love to visit the area one day!

That being said, I really enjoyed this novel. Some parts were a little too slow for me, but when I get down to the bones of
book bruin
Sep 30, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a sweet friends to lovers romcom. It featured lots of slapstick moments that had me laughing out loud (and rolling my eyes a bit). I enjoyed it overall, but I can't quite put my finger on why I didn't love it. The hero, Rick, is pure cinnamon roll goodness and the heroine, Lana, is caring, smart, and driven. I'm just not sure why they didn't mesh well together for me. I was certainly rooting for them, but I just didn't feel that spark or connection. There were a few too many side storie ...more
Christy
I didn't particularly love the 1st book in this series, I just thought it was okay. However, I can't really resist a book set in Alaska with a super cute cover.

In my last review I said I loved the two main characters in the book: Graham and Zoey. I also said that I thought Lana was okay, but couldn't stand any of the parts involving Lana's group of wealthy snobs. This book was all about Lana, so I was a little hesitant to even begin with. Fortunately, it was just mainly about her and didn't incl
Madison Mary
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Rick realized something very important about Lana Montgomery. That breezy smile of hers, the one she used no matter the situation? It was total bullshit."

*ARC provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca*

Morgenthaler hits it out of the park again with her sophomore novel.

SUMMARY
~ This book is the sequel to The Tourist Attraction and I highly recommend that you read that first because this is a plot continuation ~

Lana Montgomery is the heir of the elite and prosperous Montgomery Group. Rick Harding is
Sarah Louise
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Tourist Attraction is one of my favourites of the year, so I was eagerly anticipating Mistletoe & Mr. Right. This was a perfect addition to the series, and I unexpectedly loved it even more than book one.

Rick stole my heart with his gentle soul, quiet lifestyle, and festively dressed hedgehog. As owner of the local pool hall on the verge of closure, it was such a sweet, opposites-attract romance with Lana, heir of the powerful real estate empire planning to expand in Moose Springs.

As a succe
Wendy
Oct 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Thank you to Sourcebooks and Netgalley for this gifted copy. All opinions are my own.

Sooo I almost DNF'd this book. I was at 20% of the book and realized I was only on chapter 3 and nothing was happening. The chapters are incredibly long and pacing extremely slow. The second half got better in terms of plot but I really wasn't feeling Lana. I couldn't tell if she was 30 or 50 with the number of "Dearest" she used with everybody. I dislike overuse of pet names in general but this was super cring
BernLuvsBooks
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-reads, romance, 2020
An adorable return to the quirky town of Moose Springs featuring a love story between lonely, rich businesswoman Lana & quiet, gruff and dependable Rick amidst an elusive Santa Moose hell bent on destroying the town’s Christmas decorations. ⁣

I fell in love with Moose Springs and it’s quirky and lovable inhabitants when I read The Tourist Attraction. I loved this book just as much with its added holiday infusion. Lana and Rick were so cute together - opposites at first glance who were exactly wh
Helen Power
This is a perfect read for the holiday season!

We first visited Moose Springs in Tourist Attraction, and I was thrilled to come back and see some of my favourite characters. Graham and Zoey, the couple from the first book, are just as adorable as ever, and we get to see firsthand just how smitten they still are with each other.

Sarah Morgenthaler has a very humorous writing style. I think that she might be my favourite rom com writer, along with Lyssa Kay Adams and her Bromance Book Club series.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, books-to-review
This is a charming book with enough witty dialogue to make you laugh throughout.  From an obscene snow sculpture to a moose hunt, what better way to meet this town than through laughter.

This is the second in a series and while I haven't read the first one (yet), this book can be read as a standalone but you would have a better introduction to the town and some of its residents including Zooey and Graham who meet in the first book.

Lana and Rick are the featured couple in this installment and they
Samantha (WLABB)
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 stars

I was ecstatic to be back in Moose Springs, and Morgenthaler filled my heart with warmth and (holiday) joy with this beautiful story of two lonely people finding love.

Who?

• Lana Montgomery - The outsider, who showed her affection for Moose Springs by essentially buying the town.

• Rick Harding - Owner of the local pool hall, and one of the few people in Moose Springs willing to associate with Lana.

What?

In an effort to ingratiate herself with the locals, Lana volunteers to capt
ABookwormWithWine
Ah Moose Springs, how I love you. Sarah Morgenthaler has done it again with Mistletoe and Mr. Right! The story of Lana and Rick was a fun one, and this was such an endearing and enjoyable read. I really liked digging more into Lana's background and seeing where she came from, and I feel like I got to know her better as a character in this one. I would still have loved to know more, but as far as surface level information goes, it was good. I LOVED the Santa suit that was two sizes too small for ...more
mina
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
buddy read with Amelia
↠2.75
DNF@ 78%

Lana was an interesting character in book one and it was interesting to follow her in this book…in the beginning. It was nice that we already have a love interest from the start, but also that there's another story besides the romance. I thought we’ll see her struggles to make the complexes in Moose Springs, and her trying to catch the Santa Moose. However, what was promised was not delivered.

The writing is easy and makes the book go smoothly, but the prob
Leanne | Read Sweetly to Me
Lana is a rich socialite with big dreams for the small town of Moose Springs. Rick is the owner of a struggling pool hall. With nothing in common except the hunt for an elusive Santa Moose, a stray tranquilliser dart and several disastrous dates, does their holiday fling stand the chance to develop into something deeper? Or will the threat of Lana's imminent departure ruin their relationship before it even has a chance to start?

There is a lot to love in this follow up to The Tourist Attraction.
JG
Have you ever felt instant love for a book or a series as soon as you’ve read the first page? It’s happened a couple of times for me and recently it has been Sarah Morgenthaler’s The Tourist Attraction and of course her Moose Springs, Alaska series. It was instant love for Grumpy Graham and fearless Zoey and Ulysses the moose and of course Moose Springs and all of its quirky residents! This love continues In the second book, Mistletoe and Mr. Right which gives us ever gorgeous Lana Montgomery an ...more
its.me.the.bibliophile
**Thank you to NetGalley, the author, & the publisher for a chance to read & review an ARC of this ebook!**

I love the holiday season & I was really looking forward to reading this one during Christmastime. I did enjoy it overall, but it was a bit slow for my taste. Please find my extended feedback below...along with some spoilers (beware).
Things I Liked:
-this story was sooooo cute! (a perfect holiday read)
-the sweet kind of romance depicted
-the humor that pretty much all

• A Good Marriage
  • 28 Summers
  • The Last Bathing Beauty
  • The End of October
  • The Last Flight
  • When We Left Cuba (The Cuba Saga, #2)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Cesar Millan's Guide to Audiobooks for Dogs
  • The Quantum Weirdness of the Almost-Kiss
  • The Royal We (Royal We, #1)
  • Goodnight Smartphone
  • Evil Eye
  • The 12 Rules of Attention: How to Avoid Screw-Ups, Free Up Headspace, Do More and Be More At Work
  • The Getaway
  • Dangerous Prayers: Because Following Jesus Was Never Meant to Be Safe
  • Funny Amazon Reviews
  • Healthy Instant Pot Mini Cookbook: 100 Recipes for One or Two with Your 3-Quart Instant Pot
  • Listen to Love

Moose Springs, Alaska (3 books)
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Enjoy the View (Moose Springs, Alaska #3)

Articles featuring this book

“I’m not lonely.” Except Ash spent a lot of time by herself, flying supplies up and down the state. Years of knowing her had taught Rick that the lonelier she felt, the more she smoked. “You’re not not lonely.” 0 likes