Start by marking “Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes! Plus "Special Holiday Dishes" Bonus Section!” as Want to Read:

New York Times bestselling author, Phyllis Good, has gathered the biggest collection of tantalizing, best-ever slow-cooker recipes into one great book. With 1,400 recipes collected from some of America's best home cooks.

Finally, all in one handsome volume, the best 1400 slow-cooker recipes! New York Times bestselling author Phyllis Pellman Good has gath
Published October 1st 2008 by Good Books

Amy
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous -- this book is for everyone!

The recipes will work in many different sized crock pots and serve as few as 2-4 and as many as 20-25. The "Ideal Slow Cooker Size" along with Servings, Prep Time & Cooking Time are listed at the top of each recipe.

I copied approx. 30 recipes from the book including a new one for making ribs in the crock pot (I already do this) and making "Bob's Favorite Chicken" (called something else in the book) in the crock pot (instead of baking it for 3+ hours in
Bernt Olav Stene
A recipe for every occasion

This book is filled with a huge variety of recipes. The biggest problem is which to choose, as it all looks very yummy. Please keep in mind that this book was written for a US audience, so most measurements are imperial. I have put a conversion table on my fridge to make it easier. The book is suitable for the beginner and the seasoned user alike.
BookBec
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: food
There's so much here, even when our family diets rule out all the recipes with dairy products and those with ready-made food products. Unfortunately, the recipes are also hit-and-miss ... and it's hard to tell until you've made them. Dear book editor: I'd love for you to compile a slightly less big cookbook with the duplicates and duds weeded out.
Ann Marie
The recipes I've tried have all turned out great. I don't like how many recipes require browning on the stove or precooking ingredients. While I understand you will get better flavor, to me the whole point of a slow-cooker is to save me time. And precooking does not.
Marie Rich
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Lots and lots of recipes. At the back of the book it just everything with links to the recipe. Great.
Debbie
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great recipes

Can't wait to try...going to the store now so I can start, and I get to buy a new slow cooker yay!
Carla
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yummy recipes, but unfortunately they don't include serving sizes or calories per serving.
Jennise
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good recipes

Great tips on using a slow cooker well. Many options to convert traditional recipes into slow cooker classics. A great find on the Kindle daily deal.
Mandy
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eown
There were a good number of recipes that have a "cream of X" soup or velveeta cheese. I'd rather use less processed foods.
Jodi Geever
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of this series and of slow cooking.
Mina
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found a few dozen recipes worth trying, so I am pleased overall. There were several handy tips and tricks sprinkled throughout, but many repeated or even contradicted one another: "When using fresh herbs you may want to experiment with the amounts you use..." vs "Beginner cooks should always measure carefully" vs "Don't be afraid to experiment and make changes in recipes." I enjoyed the recipes I got to try from the first volume of this series, so I'm looking forward to the same quality. It mi ...more
May 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Martha Smith
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I got this book when I was in college. I thought it would save me. I made 16 recipes from this book and was disappointed in all of them. There are a scant handful of vegetarian recipes. None of the vegetarian recipes were worth writing home about. The majority of the mammoth book contain recipes that follow the Standard American Diet. Almost all the recipes call for processed or canned foods. Not a healthy way to eat.
William
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Since I am not a cook, I would have preferred more general directions about crock pots instead of jumping almost straight into the recipes.

However, there are scattered little tips throughout in light blue boxes.

Still, most of the recipes presumed pre-existing knowledge of terms and techniques.

I finally ended up just scanning the light blue boxes and ignoring the recipes.
Tough Little Sister
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: families, busy people, writers,
I love this cookbook and use it often. The recipes are simple, easy to find, and affordable. This is the book I would recommend for families, busy people, and writers. When I have a busy day with a strict writing schedule, this is my go-to cookbook. :-)
Bookish
Jun 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: misc-cooking, 2010
If you're going to buy one of the Fix it and Forget it cookbooks, this would be the one. Most of the other books overlap this one.

While I really like her books, it's really diappointing when there's a lot of overlap of recipes.
Heydi Smith
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-non-fic
A very comprehensive slow cooker book.
Anne
Sep 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
It's too bad this is a library book, there were tons of good recipes I'd love to try.... And they'd probably be good for leftovers.
May 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
The recipes and tips look amazing. There is so much overlap in the recipes,though, I found the number 1400 deceptive. The lemon-barbeque chicken that I tried today was very, very yummy.
Vicki
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Borrowed this from the library but will be getting my own copy. Worth purchasing.
Mckinley
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
Covers a lot! Will need to borrow again.
Sandra
Jun 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great cookbook. A good variety of recipe choices for the slow cooker. Recipes for all size cookers along with "light" recipes. Love it!
Mary
Feb 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
I love this book. I never thought about using soda in my slow cooker but now use it all the time for very juicy meat!
Boomer

• Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook
  • Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking
  • Cover & Bake
  • Paula Deen's My First Cookbook
  • The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook: 200 Recipes for Quick, Delicious, and Nourishing Meals That Are Easy on the Budget and a Snap to Prepare
  • Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever
  • Art of the Slow Cooker: 80 Exciting New Recipes
  • Crafting a Meaningful Home: 27 DIY Projects to Tell Stories, Hold Memories, and Celebrate Family Heritage
  • Rachael Ray's Kitchen Companion: More Than 200 All-New 30-Minute Recipes and More
  • Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunches & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories
  • Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave!
  • Cook's Country Cookbook
  • Dessert for Two: Small-Batch Sweets for One, Two, or a Few
  • Loving and Leaving the Good Life
  • The Gourmet Slow Cooker: Simple and Sophisticated Meals from Around the World
  • Twelve Months of Monastery Soups: International Favorites
  • Great Food Fast
  • Better Basics for the Home: Simple Solutions for Less Toxic Living

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »