Start by marking “Gift of Faith (Gifts of Christmas Book 3)” as Want to Read:

Gift of Faith (Gifts of Christmas Book 3)

When their faith is tested Will Christmas bring a miracle?

Handsome and engaging, Marc Rawlings could have his choice of girls, but he only has eyes for gentle Amy Madsen. Ready to begin a future with her, he instead asks her to wait for him while he heads off to war. Bound by his duty to his country, Marc leaves his heart with her, counting on the day they’ll be

Published December 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Gift of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gift of Faith

Start your review of Gift of Faith (Gifts of Christmas Book 3)
Jessica Elliott
Beautiful story of faith

Once again Ms. Hatfield writes a poignant love story with lovable characters and heart-warming messages. The message of hope and faith resonates deeply, while two impish boys keep you laughing as they wrap themselves around your heartstrings. A perfect story for the holidays.
Jo-Ann Roberts
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Faith comes before a prayer is answered…
Set in the spring of 1942, following the attack on Pearl Harbor, The Gift of Faith (Gifts of Christmas 3) by Shanna Hatfield finds Marc Rawlings saying goodbye to his fiancé, Amy Madsen. Believing it is his duty to protect his loved ones, Marc joins the Marines despite objections from his family.
In love with Marc since he returned home from his training to become a policeman in Pendleton, Oregon, Amy pledges her devotion to remain faithful to the man who
Dorothy Roller
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a most beautiful love story by amazing Shanna Hatfield. I loved this story from the very beginning to the very last word and couldn’t put it down.
Only as Shanna Hatfield can write with such deep passion and heart and stories that can reach clear to your soul. This one, well, it is no exception as it touched my heart and soul very deeply as the love of one young couple in Pendleton, OR, another place I love and characters we get to revisit, is tested when he enlists into the marines during
Linda
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
In May of 1942 in Pendleton, Oregon, Marc Rawlings leaves to join the Marines after the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor. His only regret is leaving behind Amy, the girl who holds his heart. Not wanting him to go, Marc tells Amy he will be back to marry her.

Amy Madsen promises to be waiting on Marc when he returns. Working with her parents in the family bakery during the day, she spends her nights writing letters and praying. Even after bad news is delivered, Amy never stops believing Marc will come
Glenda Kinard
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a Gift of Faith, Shanna Hatfield has given her reader’s in this splendid well written book.
Amy by all accounts should be enduring the worst grief of her life, however, Amy maintains that all is not lost and she refuses to believe in the worst. Amy Holds on to her faith, that all will be alright.
Marc loves Amy with all his heart, so much that he feels it’s his duty to enlist in the Armed Services and fight in WWII to protect her and the one’s he loves.
When Marc stops receiving family
Jeffrey
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Written in a "semi-epistolary" style, author Shanna Hatfield once again shows her versatility in this World War II romance. Star-crossed lovers Marc Rawlings and Amy Madsen were meant for each other but a little thing called WW II gets in the way. Tragedy strikes the Rawlings and Madsen families but Amy and Marc's grandfather, Kade Rawlings refuse to give in or give up. The action ping-pongs between Pendleton, Oregon and Guadalcanal, one of the most brutal campaigns in the entire war. Many of ...more
Pris
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites, lrobb
Gift of Faith was such a sweet read! It's the perfect novella to satisfy anyone's cravings for Christmas and some Sweet (Clean) Historical Romance. I loved the author's research on the WWII era, as well as the development of both Amy and Marc as characters. I also enjoyed getting to know about the twins (Marc's brothers) and their antics, as well as all the family traditions. Of course, for anyone more familiar with the series or even with other books by this author, they'll find many familiar ...more
Catherine Graham
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I couldn't put this down, I literally read it straight through. Warning though, be supplied with tissues before you start!
I loved the connections to Shanna Hatfield's other Pendleton books, it was like meeting friends again. Marc and Amy are in love but WWII gets in the way. As Marc trains as a marine and serves his country, Amy is faithful in writing and sharing life back home with him. When Marc is involved in a grenade attack can Amy stay faithful to the end?
I definitely recommend
Nethanja
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s 1942 and instead of marrying his sweetheart Amy Marc enlist to fight in the war. He’s promised he would be back so Amy keeps faith in that promise even when others lose their faith for his safe return. Can he really keep this promise?
This story has it all, of course the love between the main characters but also family, tragedy and as expected by this author humor.
A really encouraging story.
Sue Peacock
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amy’s Faith

After Pearl Harbor, Marc Rawlings enlists in the Marines and leaves his fiancée Amy in Oregon. Despite news received of his death, Amy refuses to believe Marc is gone and continues to write him letters filled with the news from home and the entertaining antics of his much younger twin brothers. This sweet, short book tells of the determination and faith of Amy, and actual events during a terrible time in America’s history.
Tracy Sylvester
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marc Rawlings decided he had his sights set on Amy Madsen in his hometown. Marc decided he needed to fulfill his duty and enlist in the Marines even though he wanted to stay and make Amy his wife. Amy is as loyal as they come and while she didn't like him going off to war, she supported him and tried to remain strong and hopeful. This is a very touching, inspiring love story set during the war.
Diane
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Written in the same time frame as the Hearts of the War series, this sweet romance combines history with a war-time love story. The author weaves in the history and lingo of the times which makes it even better. Amy and Marc’s love for one another is so strong and pure and reflects the values often missing today. And the twins so full of childish mischief of the time will be lucky to make it to adulthood! Don’t miss this Christmas short-read from Shanna Hatfield!
Pat  Comer
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Book.

Marc and Amy loved each other, the war was going on and Marc joined. He loved Amy but wanted to serve his country and do his duty. He left and his family got the worse letter a family could get. But it turned out good, his Gramps went and found him.Brought him home alive to all. Thanks Shanna Hatfield.
Julia David
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another beautiful and emotional story. Loved Amy and Marc. As Marc goes to war, Amy is sure that he will come home to her as promised. When his family receives a telegram saying he was killed in action, Amy is sure that he is still alive. No matter what anyone says, she knows he is not dead. Will her faith be rewarded?
Alice
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! My dad served in the Navy during WWII in Guadalcanal. This brought back so many conversations we had when I was growing up and studying WWII in school.
I remember my mother talking about letter-writing and hope and faith that he would return home unscathed! He did! What a wonderful story told in this book. Faith and hope go hand-in-hand.
This series is a MUST READ!
Sheila
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a test of faith when in 1942 Marc enlist in the military to go fight so when he leaves he ask his sweetheart Amy to wait for him. As time passes and bad news comes to his family it is Amy that never gives up. Loved this sweet book.
Received from the author and this is my honest and unbiased opinion.
Patricia
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this is a wonderful story of love and keeping the faith when all looks lost. I enjoyed reading the story and look forward to reading more I read this in one day if you like romance and strong men and women you will want to read the book liked seeing Kade and his family and all the rest of them I was given a copy of the book but this is an honest review
Renate
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shanna Hatfield’s powerful well crafted story with historical tidbits, mischievous twins that made me laugh, scrumptious baked treats, mysterious actions, and a whole bunch of faith. Delightful page turning tear jerking holiday read.
Robyn Echols
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Heartwarming

I loved this lovely World War Two romance about keeping faith and doing all one can to support those in harm's way. A must read.
Anita Rohn
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A truly wonderful story of family and faith. Full of humor and youngsters stretching their boundaries. Plus, glimpses of characters from previous delightful reading adventures.
Pat Babcock
Gift of Faith

What a beautiful story of the deep love and faith that a young couple shares when he enlisted in the marines in 1942.
Doni
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book!
It's a heartwarming & moving romance.
Amy & Marc, are in love. Planning
a future together. Marc knew he had
a duty to his country. As sad as Amy is,
she would have faith in his love & that he'd return to her.
It's a beautifully written story,
& great characters. I enjoyed revisiting
the people of Pendleton.
A Must Read Story!!
Judy Esposito
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gift of Faith (Gifts of Christmas Book 3)

This has been a wonderful 3 Book series by one of my authors. I enjoyed the different storylines, along with the wonderful characters of each book. Filled with romance and angst, all lead to a hard earned HEA. I recommend. JudyE
Betty S
Stephanie
Dec 26, 2019

• Christmas with the Cookes
  • Mail-Order Bride Ink: Dear Mr. Diamond
  • The Ties That Bind (The Sewing Circle, #2)
  • Moonlight with Alice (The Matchmaker's Ball, #3)
  • Finding Love at Christmas (Cowboy Holiday Romance Book 1)
  • A Very Weaver Christmas
  • An Agent for Camille (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #54)
  • The Tycoon's Sister (Silverpines Companion Tales #6)
  • Allemande with Angel (The Matchmaker's Ball, #2)
  • Anson and the Adventuress (Prairie Tales Book 6)
  • Snow: an Everland Ever After Tale
  • A Family for Christmas (Ornamental Match Maker Series Book 23)
  • An Agent for Danielle (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #55)
  • Wyatt's Pretend Pledge: Christmas Brides for Billionaire Brothers (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance Book 5)
  • A Stitch in Time (The Sewing Circle, #1)
  • Dancing to the Altar (Holliday Islands Resort, #2)
  • The Wish Maker (The Billionaires of Silicon Forest, #2)
  • Christmas Bride: Frontier Brides (Glory, Montana Book 10)
A hopeless romantic with a bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, Shanna Hatfield is a best-selling author of clean romantic fiction written with a healthy dose of humor.

In addition to blogging and eating too much chocolate, she is completely smitten with her husband, lovingly known as Captain Cavedweller.

Shanna creates character-driven romances with realistic heroes and heroines. Her