Start by marking “Emily and the Scot (The MacLaughlins, #2)” as Want to Read:
Emily and the Scot (The MacLaughlins, #2)

Emily and the Scot

(The MacLaughlins)

At eighteen, Lady Emily Fitzgerald has seen her fair share of scandal. So when this Season's prime catch proposes to her on a wager, she makes a decision. Rather than face the whispers and stares of London society yet again, she picks up and departs for Scotland, full of romantic images evoked by poetry and her own imagination.

Cousin to the laird, Jamie MacLaughlin is none
Paperback, An Avon True Romance #9, 288 pages
Published November 26th 2002 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Emily and the Scot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily and the Scot

Kathryn Cooper
Jan 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I can read over and over again. Emily and Jamie get off on the wrong foot after a misunderstanding. All they can do is argue and fight, but you can see their interest for each other building. I love how the story is told from both Jamie and Emily's perspectives. Just when you're wondering what the other person is thinking it changes to their point of view.

If you want to read a wonderfully romantic (and 'clean') book set in beautiful Scotland pick this one up. You won't be disappoi
Deborah
Apr 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you just need a fluffy clean romance. That is what you will get with this book. Its very fun and the chemistry between Emily and Jamie was great. If you like these kind of books than I would totally recommend it!
Verena
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful read to relax! Jane Austen fans will be highly delighted. If you don't expect drama or harassment, this is a fluffy, feelgood regency novel for young readers!
Rebecca
Apr 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
When Emily Fitzgerald's older brother Richard went mad with the desire to inherit his father's title and attempted to murder their half-brother Ewan MacLaughlin, the scandal tainted the entire family. Now Ewan and his new wife, Anna, are living happily ever after in Scotland, Richard has been sent out of the country for treatment, and Emily and her mother are left behind, forced to deal on their own with the contempt of Regency London society. After Alexander Cross, the Viscount Stanton, propose ...more
Beth
Jan 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Highlander Jaime MacLaughlin is a talented leathersmith unafraid of hard work or a little dirt. When he meets his cousin Laird Ewan's half sister Emily, a fragile looking society blossom, the two take such an instant dislike to one another it is obvious they must be star-crossed. The English lass tames the savage Scot as he develops dining room manners and learns to waltz, and her pretenses and prejudices are replaced by vigor and health. A disaster in the community makes them pull together, whi ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I liked this, but didn't love it. Emily was actually a little annoying to me. She kind of came across like a snob and Jamie wasnt much better. I liked the plot and the story moved along nicely. I guess the thing I didnt like about it was the fact that the were dogging on England and the current customs quite a bit. Its understandable considering the timeframe, but I just thought it was a little overdone. Overall, I thought it was a cute story and would recommend to anyone that likes a clean rege ...more
Kimberly
May 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Might've had a better ending, but good nonetheless
Rebecca
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it
My daughter asked me to read this, since she didn't have time to get through her library stack before they came due. Having just read through the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, I can say that this reads like a teen's version of that in the beginning...many similarities between character descriptions, etc, down to the protagonist being named Jamie. Once the book gets underway, however, it does take on its own plot and relationship lines. A typical historical romance for teens, but it did hol ...more
Nazia Rahman
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: period, historical
I started reading the Avon Young Adult Romance series because Meg Cabot wrote two that seemed pretty Jane Austen inspired and were really enjoyable. This one was not by Cabot but it was culturally similar in the beginning and I really enjoyed it. The protagonists have a love hate relationship and after different conflicts like the nearby village almost burning down they work out they realize that they actually like each other. Nice relationship development.
Cayla rimmell
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-reviews
I did very much enjoy this read. There were a lot that I did love about the book such as the Scottish setting, the argumentative love that was spurred between Jamie and Emily, and the dilemmas that they had to face. There was numerous love towards Emily and the Scot.

Read the rest of my book review at https://caylasbooktopia.wordpress.com...
Tiffany
Oct 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a cute fun read. I started to find the book cute on page 50 or so and enjoyed the remainder of the book. I often giggled or had a smile on my face. The ending was fine but I would have liked a better ending.
Janis
Jul 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is the second book of 2 after 'Anna and the Duke'. Predictable clashing of personalities, but you really want them to like each other, especially if you've read the first book. There were some interesting twists as well. Good love story without the smut.
Mary Bronson
I thought this was a cute book. I love the chemestry between Emily and Jamie, I thought it was great to see two different people from two different "worlds" and who bring out the best in each other.
Nellie
Jun 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fun, and great for teens. Emily and Jamie come from different worlds. Could a relationship work? Fun, light, easy read.
Melyssa

Apr 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Just a lot of fun.
Courtney
Jun 09, 2010 rated it liked it
It was a very good story, if not too memorable.
Rachel Rogers
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Not bad for a quick little romance. A little repetitive and I felt that the author spent too much time building up to the great reveal and then made it veer to the side for a different approach.
Tanya Wilde
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Apr 15, 2016 04:39PM
  • Gwyneth and the Thief
  • Amelia and the Outlaw
  • Catherine and the Pirate
  • Tess And The Highlander (MacPherson Clan, #6)
  • Miranda and the Warrior
  • Josephine and the Soldier
  • Victoria and the Rogue
  • Inklings (The Oxford Chronicles #1)
  • Smuggler's Lady
  • Timeless Love
  • Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1)
  • Marrying the Marquis (Flambeau Sisters, #3)(The Kazanovs, #7)
  • The Warrior Bride (Highland Rogues, #3)
  • The Incomparable Miss Compton (Rogues and Rakes, #7)
  • Fool's Masquerade
  • Diamonds & Deceit (At Somerton, #2)
  • The Earl's Forbidden Ward (Ramsden Brothers #2)
  • Out of Time (Time Travelers, #2)

The MacLaughlins (2 books)
  • Anna and the Duke (The MacLaughlins, #1)