Start by marking “Chandelier (Tarnished Crowns Trilogy Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Chandelier (Tarnished Crowns Trilogy Book 1)

Chandelier

(Tarnished Crowns Trilogy #1)

Lovers. Liars. Traitors. Thieves.

We would become all of these.

The first time I meet Isaac, I’m on my knees in front of another man.
The second time, I discover I’m a pawn in our countries’ wager for peace.
A promised princess.
The sister to the heir to a tarnished crown.
A pretty chandelier, born to sparkle, distract.
My country is at war, just like my heart.

Two men.
Published January 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Chandelier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chandelier

Start your review of Chandelier (Tarnished Crowns Trilogy Book 1)
Robin Sweeney
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! I couldn't put it down. It was almost like reading a chess game. A lot of players, you didn't know what their strategies are, everyone is hiding something, but you are intrigued by all of them. As this is the first in a trilogy you are left wanting so much more, but with Annie's writing you'll want to devour this book before the others come out. If you've read her other series, this one is a bit different, but still so good. The heat factor is beyond anything I've ever ...more
J Williams
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five big stars for the first book in this intriguing new trilogy from Annie Dyer!

Suspense, heartbreak, and politics combine with some of the steamiest scenes I have ever read to make this story one you won't want to put down. I loved getting to know Blair and Ben and trying to guess how everything would play out in the end.

This is the first in a connected trilogy with a huge, jaw dropping cliff hanger at the end. I am definitely looking forward to Grenade releasing in just a few weeks!
Megan Forsberg
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to get an ARC, and am so happy I did! This book is fantastic! It combines a light touch of politics, the inside workings of the royal family, and romance between the 3 main characters. I am very much looking forward to the next book as this one left on a bit of a cliffhanger. Great read!
Lisa
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I was given a chance to read an mmf trilogy by an author I've never read, and it's set in a very tense time between two countries and the people who run them. I am sooo glad I read this.

To start with, the storyline is interesting, with some mystery, secrets, and who doesn't like seeing what it's really like for royalty? Then we have the three main characters. The princess, the protector, and the kingmaker. Blair is smart but has a secretly naughty side, knows her role, but also stays true
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chandelier is book one in the Tarnished Crown trilogy and it's MMF. It is flipping amazing! The trilogy is about Blair, a Scottish Princess, Ben her bodyguard, but they have a past and Isaac an advisor to the Prime minister, the kingmaker. Chandelier is told from Blair's point of view and just from the prologue alone you will be desperate to know what happens! Blair is a reluctant princess, she would rather just lead a normal life. Early on it's clear that her brother is trying to set Blair up ...more
Kayla Blair
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am absolutely in love!!!
I am new to reading Annie Dyer but after Chandelier I am ready to devour every thing she’s written. Blair, even as a princess not in direct line of the throne she is such a queen. She’s headstrong and smart and knows what she wants. I love her I admire her. The romance in the story is so heartbreaking and beautiful and just dark and tempting enough to leave you salivating for the next book. I absolutely cannot wait!
Jennifer Rev
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously engaging and HOT! I couldn't put it down because I had to know what was going to happen! I love the relationships between the characters, Annie does a great job with all her characters, they make you feel like you know them.
I can’t wait for the rest of this series!
I received this book as an ARC, in exchange for an honest review
Nathalie Alie
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and I couldn’t put it down. It’s really different from Annie’s other books but I enjoyed it so much.
There are a lot of characters in this book and everyone has secrets of their own.
I’m really excited for the next book in this series after the end of book 1 Chandelier.
Tina
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A princess used by her family as a spy and pawn and two men each with their own agenda.

A love triangle filled with mystery, intrigue and lots of chemistry. Each character has an interesting background filled with emotions and feelings that we can all relate to. A great balance of the characters driving the plot and the plot affecting the characters. You won’t be disappointed.
Alexandra
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the very beginning this book transported me into a world of royalty, seduction and power and I was hooked!

This first book of the trilogy is told through Blair’s perspective and you want nothing more than for her to have a HEA. All her life she’s played the dutiful princess to aid her parents and older brother (heir to the throne) in maintaining the Scottish crown, but behind her perfect smile lies a woman who may just be stronger and smarter than them all.

Issac is dark and mysterious
Meghan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"I'm just a pretty thing concerned with pretty things. A chandelier, designed to throw a harsh light in differant directions and conceal hard truths."

Like damn. If those 2 sentences dont sum up the first book in Annie Dyer's Tarrnished Crown Trilogy, I'm not sure what does! Poor Princess Blair has had a rough go of royal life. Being used as a pawn in everyone game gets exhausting. So when Blair meets a man who seems to actually just want her the fun really begins.

"He was catnip and cocktails
Zetti
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a new reader of Annie’s books but her Callaghan Green series books are what drew me in so I was expecting a book in a similar thread to that but nope. This book kick starts the Tarnished Crown series and oh my days I love this explosive start.

I like the simplicity of the storyline but the complexity of the characters themselves. Ben and Blair light up the pages and damn Isaac is my new obsession. The mysteriousness of him is one of the reasons I cannot stop reading this book. I am so in
Christal
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me just say that the book hangover is real! I’m going to let my brain process this a bit more and will be back with my full review as I fear that I’d leave far too many spoilers if I dove straight into it now.

Editing with this added update:
Annie Dyer’s characters are very well crafted and I quickly became invested in this MMF story. A reluctant princess living in a world of political rife and intrigue, her bodyguard, and an advisor for a rival country’s prime minister are the main characters
Cherie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"They’re pretty words, designed to make a point and it shows me what he thinks of me. I'm just a pretty thing concerned with pretty things. A chandelier, designed to throw a harsh light in differant directions and conceal hard truths."

Holy Cannoli! I went in a blind virgin to Annie after and what an experience this was to read Chandlier. I don’t think I’ll ever look book now.

Chandlier is modern day Camelot where Kings, Queens, and Prime Ministers wage war, trades, and meetings while wearing
Melonie Fatchet
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A red-hot treat for you! This book has got everything. Love, lust, passion, deceit, secrets, and a whole lot more than you could even imagine. Chandelier’s plot is so original and addicting. I couldn’t put it down and had to read it twice. It is the first in the Tarnished Crowns trilogy and I am counting the days for Grenade and Emeralds to be released. It is so much more than a royal romance and it is twisted with politics, love, murder and betrayal.
Blair was never meant to wear the crown. She
Michelle
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zoe
Chandelier
Tarnished Crowns Trilogy - Book One
Annie Dyer
Political intrigue at every turn. Set in an alternate Scotland this royal drama will keep you breathless from the very start.
“There are screams outside. Shouting. The sharp screech of tyres against asphalt. Nothing unusual for a big city, but this isn’t a usual day and something in the air has changed, switched. Particles have stilled, the city has become a paused movie, waiting for the thunder.”
The first half or more of this story we meet
Whitney
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What an explosive start to the Tarnished Crowns Trilogy. This book has everything: intrigue, mystery, royalty, light politics, twists, turns, and red-hot steamy romance. This is told from Blair's POV and it bounces between present day and the past. As always the character development is fantastic and keeps you wanting more (especially more about Ben and Isaac!!). Chandelier ends on a major cliffhanger that will leave you needing Grenade!
Melissa
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Left me wanting more!!

This is the first book I’ve read by this author. I was lucky to receive an ARC! This is the first book in her Tarnished Crown trilogy and it’s very well done. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but love the detailed writing style. The author takes her time to lay the foundation of the coming books. The pace allows her to develop strong characters and to slowly pull you into this world that is clearly a big game of chess. The writing effortlessly shades this world in shadows and
Heather Hudson
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been dying to read this series ever since Annie announced it. This is the first book in her new Tarnished Crowns Trilogy. I was lucky enough to win an ARC and let me tell you, IT. IS. EPIC! There is mystery, politics, and SO much steaminess. There is a relationship between the 3 main characters and it's HOT! I'm not sure how I'm going to wait until Grenade releases!! If you love intrigue with some HOT romance, read this book!
Meghan Clare
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A modern day fairy tale filled with mystery and intrigue.

The dynamics between Blair and Ben are relatable and endearing. Isaac adds an element of mystery, intrigue and more chemistry.

Annie draws you in with the personalities of each of the characters and leaves you wanting for more. You won’t be disappointed!!
Kairee Erwin
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Annie Dyer book and I am hooked!

From the beginning this story sucks you in. I love the whole dynamic of this book. The mystery, drama, politics, the royalty life. Everyone has an agenda and a secret. There is so much going on in this story and it all just seamlessly blends together. It keeps you reading and wondering what will happen next. The characters are strong and well put together. I love that Blair has a mind of her own and is force to be dealt with even when she is
Paulette
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book around 4AM this morning. I’m still trying to gather my thoughts on how to write this review without giving away details that aren’t in the blurb.
Although, this book is fiction I fear it has more fact to it than we realize. If we really knew what went on behind the scene we would be terrorized, scandalized and devastated. What I found extremely interesting is we get to catch a glimpse of the lives of the people who are not in the spotlight and how their everyday activities
Jenny
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book one of the Tarnished Crown Trilogy left me with questions. This is such an intriguing book in so many ways. It’s told from Blaire’s point of view. Blaire is a Princess in Scotland. There is a lot not said in this novel, but you know there’s more to be told. There is a love triangle, which is MMF. This book has political intrigue at it’s center, family dynamics, second chance live and more. Great book and I’m excited for book 2.
April
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a thrilling start to The Tarnished Crown Trilogy!
Blair and Ben are quite delicious together,add Isaac and it’s down right exhilarating! This story has it all romance,sexiness,political intrigue and heartfelt emotions with a ending you won’t believe!
Maggie
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful, mind-gripping and captivating, Chandelier kicked off the Tarnished Crown Trilogy with a punch. There are so many characters, secrets and mysteries. My mind was churning to decipher who are the players and the pawns in this political chess game. The complex plotline and fascinating characters grabbed my attention the whole time and drew me so deep into this make-up world.

Blair was the Scottish princess who would rather live a simple life. Ben was her newly assigned security detail
V Meade
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blair and Ben met as children. She is the daughter of a king while he is the son of the gardener. Status doesn’t matter to the heart, however Ben tries to do what’s best for Blair and leaves her for the army. Years later he comes back and joins her security detail. Will Ben and Blair give in to their feelings? Will Ben admit his heart belongs to Blair? The life of royalty is political and politics are coming into play. How will everything pan out?

I can’t wait to read more from Ms. Dyer.
Debbie
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2020
I loved this book, the characters, the way they all have their own agenda. It all just seems to fit. It touches on royalty and politics, but not in a bad way. Blair’s brother is determined to set her up with the prime minister, but she has had a fling with her bodyguard Ben, who is hot!!! This is a MMF book, and I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of it. Looking forward to the next book.
Darkreads
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by Annie Dyer and I really enjoyed it. Chandelier throws us into an alternative history scenario where Scotland is independent from the UK and has it's own monarchy. This is a story of princess Blair, sister to the heir to the Scottish throne. But it's not just a romance. This book is full of political intrigue, rife with suspenseful plots, twists and betrayals. The romantic aspect of the book is a slow burn second chance at love with a twist. Annie Dyer can definitely ...more
LianaReads blog
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, so this book ends in a major cliffhanger but I’m here for it!
It’s interesting and compelling, the characters are great and mysterious to a point that I thought Isaac is more like a ghost and not real and I so need to know him better.
Can’t wait to read the next books. Bring on the suspense and steamy romance.

“Blair. Isaac. Me. Pretenders to a tarnished crown.”
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Creeping Beautiful
  • Warrior Blue
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Intercepted Hearts (Playing for Keeps #1)
  • Us (Him, #2)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Camden (The Henchmen MC, #18)
  • A Lover's Lament
  • Between Me & You (Remington Medical #3)
  • Gunner (Satan's Fury- Memphis #5)
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • Juicy Rebound (IceCats, #1)
  • Dump and Chase (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #1)
  • Devious Resolutions
  • This Is Love (This is, #3)
  • You're The One
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • One Hot Night (Caught, #1.5)

Tarnished Crowns Trilogy (3 books)
  • Grenade