Start by marking “Don't Look for Me” as Want to Read:
Don't Look for Me

Don't Look for Me

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  6,833 ratings  ·  2,033 reviews
One night, Molly Clarke walked away from her life. The car abandoned miles from home. The note found at a nearby hotel. The shattered family that couldn't be put back together. It happens all the time. Women disappear, desperate to leave their lives behind and start over. She doesn't want to be found. Or at least, that's the story. But is that what really happened to Molly ...more
Published September 15th 2020 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Don't Look for Me, please sign up.
Elizabeth they either got it from the publisher themselves or like I did by request it from NetGalley as an ARC
Tory She could tell her husband had just placed it there. He was acting like he was sound asleep.…moreShe could tell her husband had just placed it there. He was acting like he was sound asleep. (less)

·  6,833 ratings  ·  2,033 reviews

Start your review of Don't Look for Me
Nilufer Ozmekik
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lets clap till our hands get numb and make some noise till our throats hurt!

Ladies and gentleman I announce a big winner and I know I enjoyed so many thrillers this year and gave them five stars but this books deserves 5,5 stars because it is really unique, original and better than most of the books. Its emotional, heart wrecking, thought provoking grief story but it is also action packed, mind bending, exciting, nail-biter, body trembler , heart pounder, soul shaker and crusher kidnapping
Dita has the 'rona!
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Classic Wendy Walker!

This one boasts the fast pacing and twisty goodness that those of us who call ourselves fans have come to love and expect!

Molly can't forgive herself for the accident that took her daughter's life so when she disappears during a storm on her way home from her son's football game her family is devastated. Then the note surfaces...

Complex, twisty and chilling, this one grabbed me by the throat and didn't let up until I got to the last page!

Thank you to Wendy Walker, St.
Meredith
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Creeptastic!

Dont Look for Me is a suspenseful psychological thriller about a woman who seems to have abandoned her family during a dark and stormy night.

Molly Clarke's family was destroyed by a terrible accident. Years have passed, and her children cant forgive her. Her husband is distant and no longer seems to love her. While driving home one night during a terrible storm, Molly contemplates running away from her family. Shortly after, she goes missing. The police believe Molly abandoned her
Marilyn
Published September 15th 2020

Don't Look For Me carried me away, seeing the story from two different perspectives. Everything worked to keep me caught in the story from beginning to end. I would have read this book straight through except pesky old sleep got in the way.

Five years ago, mother of three, Molly, hit and killed her nine year old daughter, while driving her car. Grief has torn her family apart. Her husband is distant and often doesn't come home, her high achieving twenty-one year old
Deanna
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, my-favorites, arcs
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

A phenomenal psychological suspense novel!

I am a huge Wendy Walker fan. Ive enjoyed all of her previous novels. After reading the description for Dont Look For Me, I was even more excited to start reading.

Molly Clarke is driving home and thinking about her particularly awful day. She needs to stop for gas as the light has been on for a little while now and home is still two hours away. A Gas n Go station is up ahead.

Molly
Dorie  - Cats&Books :)
***NOW AVAILABLE, DON'T MISS THIS ONE, TOP 10 THRILLER OF THE YEAR***

Wow this was a cleverly plotted psychological thriller that I raced through. There were quite a few characters but they were easy to keep track of.

The novel is told from two points of view. Molly Harper has been living with guilt for many years. Her youngest daughter is dead, Molly has not been able to live with the guilt that she feels for her part in her daughters death. Her remaining family, her husband, son and older
Debra
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where is Molly Harper?

Did she just walk away?

Was she the one who wrote the note?

Did she really want to start over and leave her past behind?

Racked with quilt, heartache, pain Molly Harper is a shell of the woman she once was. Her daughter is dead. She feels (knows) that everyone in her family blames her. She feels unwanted, unloved and utterly devastated.

She doesn't return home one night after driving to see her son play football. Her car was found abandoned, clothing at a local casino, a note
Holly  B (semi-hiatus until Jan)

My new favorite Wendy Walker novel!

Great pacing, great suspense, creepy vibes galore...

Whoa.... never saw that coming....

No down time in this one, really enjoyed and NOT predictable.

If your a fan of Wendy Walker or mysteries, investigations, and thrillers, I would say Just Read IT!

OUT Sept 2020. Thanks NG/ St. Martin's Press for my review copy
megs_bookrack
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-read
Oh, hello, my new favorite Suspense novel of 2020.

I have always enjoyed Wendy Walker's novels, but Don't Look for Me takes her writing to a whole new level. In my opinion, it's her best work yet!

It is clear from the very first pages that Molly Clarke is struggling.

After a family tragedy, the remaining family members have drifted apart. Each consumed with their own grief and guilt, they rarely communicate and certainly not in a positive way.

Molly's daughter Nicole has told her she hates her, her
Farrah
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
☝☝ omg, did I just read 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧??!
🤩 🤩 🤩 🤩 🤩
JanB
Nic (Nicole) arrives in the small town of Hastings to investigate her mother Mollys disappearance after her car was found abandoned by the side of the road. The authorities are calling it a walk-away, a mom who left her family as the result of grief and guilt after a family tragedy. Nic doesnt believe it and perseveres in her search for her mom.

The reader knows what has happened to Molly and we follow her ordeal and Nics investigation and search in alternating chapters. I was captivated from the
Norma
Update: We are so excited to share with you all that Wendy Walker, yes Wendy Walker is going to join us in our Behind the Pages group. Who else loves her books? Please follow the link below which takes you directly to the page to ask Wendy a question or to leave her a comment.

This is my very first Holy Shooty Balls read of the year!! This book was absolutely amazing!!!! It was a tense read right from the very first page and didnt let up once!!! Not once!!!
Michelle
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Mark my words this book is going to be a huge hit for Wendy Walker. This is an exceptional thriller. A true stand out among so many.

I really don't want to discuss the plot because I want everyone to discover this story on their own terms. It's intricate. It's breathtaking. It's heart-pumping. It's shiver inducing. It's everything I could ever ask for in this genre. I started this book yesterday morning and tore through 75% without even realizing it. I was completely riveted to the pages.

BernLuvsBooks
Creepy, Classic Wendy Walker - A Suspenseful, Unputdownable, Edge of Your Seat Read !

Molly Clarke's family was destroyed by a terrible accident that changed them all forever. Riddled with guilt and living daily with a family that now seems to hate her, Molly contemplates running away. Maybe they'd be better off without her.

When Molly disappears during a storm on her way home from her son's football game her family is devastated. Her car is found on the side of the road, no gas, phone still in
Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
Well, Well, HOT Diggity DANG!!! This is one heart-pounding, intense, thrilling and terrifying suspenseful story!! Grap some mitts, you are going to need them because you will be turning the pages so fast your fingers will be on fire!

Wendy Walker is at the top of the genre, and it's easy to see why, with this psychology suspense, that is intense from start to finish!!

Molly Clark is one strong, fierce, loving mother!! Her character is one of the best representations of a mothers love and bond
Jayme
WALK AWAY : To stop being involved in a situation because it is difficult to deal with

That is what the police decide that Molly did, just 4 days after her car was found abandoned after a storm. After all, there was a note...

And, she certainly had a valid reason to leave...GUILT.
And, the blame and scorn of her husband and children.

But there was also the reward money. A million dollars for her mothers safe return. Five hundred for tips leading to her (whereabouts).
Nothing brought out a liar like
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Molly Clarke killed her daughter...or did she?
Molly Clarke's husband is cheating on her...or is he?
Molly Clarke's children despise her...or do they?
Molly Clarke decided to step away from her life...or did she?

Sooo many questions!! This book took off from the very first page! It got very intense and creepy right away. My heart broke for Molly so many times as she blamed herself for everything. While trying to beat the hurricane she is driving through the downpour, wind and rain whipping
Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
5 stars!

Pulse-pounding suspense. Edge-of-your-seat tension. Dark, foreboding atmosphere. Secretive and suspicious characters. This was one of the best psychological thrillers Ive read in a long time!

Molly Clarke is a wife and mother of three who disappears while driving home from watching her sons college football game two hours away. Her car is found with her cell phone inside on the side of a desolate highway road near a small town gas station. Molly is no where to be found. Did she walk away
Susanne  Strong
Simply Unputdownable!

A Stormy Night. An Abandoned Car. A Mother, Missing.

What Happened to Molly Clarke?

That is the question her daughter Nicole cant help but ask. Everyone thinks she just Walked Away. Nicole disagrees.

Nicoles only plan is to find her mother, no matter what it takes.

All I can say is, be careful what you ask for!

Dont Look for Me is Thrilling from Start to Finish! In my opinion, it is Wendy Walkers best novel since All is Not Forgotten. It will terrify and mystify, make your
Kaceey
Wendy Walker did it again! Another unputdownable thriller!

Molly's life went from wine and roses to a full-on nightmare when tragedy struck her family. Her husband has turned his back on her. As for her kids, theyve become...well cruel is the kindest word I can come up with.. After becoming stranded in a small town in the middle of a hurricane, Molly's next decision will have consequences she never imagined!

Did Molly get fed up and just walk away from her life? Did the storm leave her bloody,
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five star thriller alert! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Quick thoughts for pub day: Did Molly walk away from her life and start over? Or did something else happen? Where is Molly?

Dont Look for Me is creepy and sinister, and the tone is set from the very first page. The pacing and tension never let up.

Wendy Walker writes true psychological thrillers begging your analysis of each breadcrumb while donning your detective cap. I couldnt have loved it more! And the less you know going into it, the better because of all
Frank Phillips
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you very much St. Martin's Press for this wonderful advanced copy of Wendy Walker's newest edge of your seat thriller!! I could not get enough of this, just as her previous novel, once I picked it up I did not want to put it down! The story starts out when Molly Clark, stranded and walking down an isolated road shortly before a big storm hits waves down an approaching truck which picks her up and takes her in for shelter from the storm. Almost immediately Molly realizes things don't seem ...more
Larry H
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Wendy Walker does it again with her latest thriller, Don't Look for Me !! Wow!

Molly is driving home in the middle of a rainstorm thats about to turn into a hurricane. Shes driving home but she doesnt know whyher husband barely looks at her and her daughter hates her.

She doesnt know how long ago her empty light went on, but she knows the gas station is coming up. Her car stalls out just before that, and the station is closed anyway for the impending storm.

Her car is found abandoned after the
Sheyla ✎

Well, That Was Fun! It had one hell of a twist!

A page-turner for sure. Beware that if you are like me, once you start this thriller, you won't be able to put it away. So don't start it at night unless you are ok with having many sleepless hours ahead of you.

The beginning was so sad. A mother, Molly Clarke, is immersed in grief after the loss of her child five years earlier. Her daughter was killed by a car. A car Molly was driving.

How awful it had to be, to be the one who took her life? A
Liz
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, paper-arc
Wendy Walker specializes in books about broken people. In Dont Look for Me, Molly Clarke is still grieving the loss of her youngest daughter, five years earlier. A daughter she accidentally killed. So, when she goes missing one night returning from her sons football game, the police call it a walk away. But her older daughter, Nic, doesnt believe it and continues to look for her. Because Nic also feels to blame for Annies death. Maybe Nic wasnt her mother but they were bound together by their ...more
Gabby
I don't think Wendy Walker is the author for me. This is the third? book I've read from this author now and I'm just never super impressed by her books, I just don't understand the hype. This book was okay, and I do think the ending had a decent twist that I didn't see coming, but I just don't find her thrillers to be very interesting. The plot is so basic and this doesn't really bring anything new to the table as far as thrillers go. Her books are the definition of mediocre for me,
Michael David
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY!

An unputdownable, highly suspenseful thriller that will surely be on my top 10 year-end list!

This is the story of a woman named Molly, who after a family tragedy, seemingly decides to walk away from her current life to start anew. The only thing is, when her family and the police find a note from her, it doesnt necessarily close all doors...but opens new ones.

I was hooked from the very beginning and could feel the pain Molly felt when she decides to walk away. From there,
DeAnn
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, edelweiss-2020
*Looking for a good fall read? This one is terrific and now available!

5 Youd Better Look for Me Stars

Things have not been easy for Molly. After a tragic accident that took the life of her youngest child, things have fallen apart with her husband and other children and shes wracked with guilt.

It almost makes sense that she walked away from her life when she ran out of gas during a storm. She left a note for her family and after a few days of searching, they try to get back to their lives.

This
Diana
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Packed with suspense, tension and really twisted creepy characters!

Molly Clarke's family fell apart when their young daughter dies. Time passes and none of them get over the tragic loss. Her husband doesn't seem to love her anymore and quits coming home as much. One night while on the way back home from watching her son's football game a huge storm hits. She runs out of gas on the side of the road and tries to flag down help from a passing truck. A man stops that has a young little girl in the
Marialyce
I just can't imagine, nor even want to know, how a parent deals with the loss of a child. It breaks more than one's heart. It can break a family apart, make life seem like it's not worth living, and throw a once stable loving family into turmoil from which it seems they will never recover.

Such was the life that Molly Harper is living. Her youngest daughter is dead, her marriage is falling apart, and her remaining children seem to want no part of her. How easy would it be for Molly to run away

• 28 Summers
  • The Red Lotus
  • Goodnight Beautiful
  • Watching from the Dark (DCI Jonah Sheens, #2)
  • Confessions on the 7:45
  • The Perfect Mother
  • Girls of Summer
  • The Sister-in-Law
  • You Let Me in
  • White Out (Badlands Thriller, #1)
  • Royal
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • The Janes (Alice Vega, #2)
Wendy Walker is the author of psychological suspense. Her novels have been translated into 23 foreign languages and have topped bestseller lists both nationally and abroad. They have been featured on The Today Show, The Reese Witherspoon Book Club, and The Book of the Month Club and have been optioned for television and film.

Articles featuring this book