Start by marking “Looking for a Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)” as Want to Read:
Looking for a Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)

Looking for a Cowboy

(Heart of Texas #5)

A cowboy finds love in the most unlikely place in New York Times bestseller Donna Grant's newest Heart of Texas novel, Looking for a Cowboy

A beautiful stranger has come to Clearview, asking questions that are nobody’s business. Cooper Owens also wasn’t born yesterday. He knows that this out-of-towner is hiding a dark secret of her own. Much as he knows he should head in th
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published October 27th 2020 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Looking for a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking for a Cowboy

Start your review of Looking for a Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
Tina
This is a Cowboy Suspense Romance, and this book is the 5th book in the Heart of Texas series. I have not read the first four books in this series, but I did not feel lost while reading this book. I have to warn people that this book as a lot of hard to read things into like killing, kidnapping, adoption, and cutting babies out of their moms. This book is beautifully written, fast-pace, and a must-read. I have to say that the cover of this book doesn't do anything for the story. I think the cove ...more
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Tough subject matter but plenty of action.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like I said in my intro, this book has some hard-core crime that can be disturbing to some readers. It is a tough subject matter with a story that needs to be told. However, it is a huge part of who Marlee is due to her job and history, and that has Cooper all in for this visitor to the town.

Grant tells a compelling story that just begs to be read. With many layers of deception, surprises, romance, and twists in the story, she gr
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
And another one bites the dust! I love seeing all these honorable men finding the love of their lives. Every hero in this series has shown us what great men they are, and how they are all willing to help anyone who needs it. The fact they they are all Texas cowboys is just icing on the cake.

This was a bit of love at first site for Cooper which made me like his story more. I just love when a man just knows what he wants and goes for it. Marlee was way more hesitant but you can't blame her when al
Debby*BabyDee
I was looking forward to the story of Cooper as he was one of the characters in Book 4 in the "Heart of Texas" series by Donna Grant.

Looking for a Cowboy is one of those stories that really didin't peak my interest with the title but as I got to reading the prelude to the story I found myself pulled into knowing what was this story really about.as it didn't start off as one of those more happier meetings between the H//h. Although the beginning did not stump me and I knew what was coming when Ma
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Another great book in this series. I loved Cooper in the previous books, and he was great in this one too. Marlee was a little confusing at times. Then the bad guys were all over the place and one was really, really nasty.

There were a couple story lines that weren't wrapped up (view spoiler).

I can't wait for the next book, and I hope it's Jace's. Bless his heart what he went through in his past.
Sarah {The Bookish Knitter}
3.5 Stars

I was excited to read this one as I love a cowboy contemporary romance. I saw it had high ratings and that made me even more excited. As soon as I started reading it and realized that it really was more of a romantic suspense, I was hooked!

Right up until the romance part of the story started. The relationship between Marlee and Cooper was just, meh. It was lust at first sight, they think each other is mutually hot and go on a date and end up back in bed, which is fine. I have no problem
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Looking for a Cowboy by Donna Grant is the 5th book in the Heart of Texas series and is a plot-driven romantic suspense page-turner. Right off the bat, I have to say that it was a hard subject to read about women being murdered and their babies being kidnapped. It wasn’t easy and I needed to compartmentalize it. The protagonist Marlee Frampton, has made it her life mission to find her niece and the latest case has led her to Clearview, Texas. Clearview is the home of Cooper Owens and the new wom ...more
Dianne
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Donna Grant clearly pulled out all of the stops with her gut-wrenching opening. Marlee lost her unborn niece the day her twin was murdered. The hounding nightmare of that night would put her on a path as a Private Investigator always on the hunt for shady adoption agencies that would feed off desperate couples and their need to have a baby of their own. When a lead brought her Clearview, she never realized that Fate could have found someone to share her heart, her soul and her desire for justice ...more
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

This wasn’t for me.

I love Donna Grant and her paranormal/supernatural romances but this contemporary/romantic suspense piece, which is the first I have read from this author, wasn’t doing much for me.

That spark that typically pulls me to her novels was missing, the characters were dull, the murdering mothers and kidnapping infants subplot wasn’t intriguing enough, and overall I was bored. Really really bored.

‘A Cowboy Like You’ was an unexpected and unfortunate drop, and
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet romance as they take on serious trouble…

This series has had the best characters! Salt of the earth cowboys, family, friends – they’re all here and Marlee and Cooper fit right in. Taking on a serious subject, with Marlee’s pain the catalyst, this story was about determination and a refusal to give up…. It was a heart-wrenching investigation that made them cross paths but love would keep them together…

This story was all kinds of emotions for me. With murder and child kidnapping at its core t
Dawn
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. The characters, the storyline, the challenges met by Marlee, Cooper and friends.

Why do things alone when there are people who will help? That's a question Marlee will have to answer during her journey.

Tissues may be needed but there will also be lots of emotions through this book. Plus I want to read Jace's story next.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Donna
Oct 11, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

LOOKING FOR A COWBOY is just a few weeks away from release. So excited to have Cooper's story out there. This book wasn't easy to write, but it was something the characters demanded be told. Here's an excerpt for you!

My God, she was stunning.

That thought kept going through Cooper’s head as he held her hand. Her auburn curls danced in the wind while her eyes, the color of bourbon, watched him. She had a delicate face that made a man think she was in need of saving. But one look into her eyes and
Sophia
A lone woman pursues evil down a dark path and her latest evidence seems to lead her to a small Texas town where a helpful cowboy and his crowd of friends are ready to back her investigation and keep the danger off her back as she draws closer. This series drew me in from the beginning and I eagerly await each new installment. This one broke my heart and put it back together.

Looking for a Cowboy is the fifth of the Heart of Texas series that can be read out of order in a pinch, but they tie toge
Nadine Bookaholic
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reading the prologue I knew this was going to be a gut wrenching story because I didn't make it past the second page without crying. Yes I am at times an emotional reader and that has a lot to do with the way a story is written and this one had my heart stopping a few times.

Marlee was a Police Officer when her twin sister was murdered and her baby was taken, after seeing that this wasn't a random act Marlee left the force and became a Private Investigator that works with families to get back the
Melanie
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, romance
Looking for a Cowboy was an amazing read with a suspenseful plot and an excellent romance.

Cooper Owens is intrigued by the beautiful stranger that comes to Clearview, but when she starts accusing his friends of being involved in an illegal adoption he's determined to find out what really happened. P.I. Marlee Frampton has made it her life's mission to find kidnapped children after her twin sister was murdered and her baby stolen. When her recent case points to the Harpers, she comes to Clearwate
☕️Kimberly
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Date: We are back in Clearview,, Texas, and this is Cooper Owens' story. Cooper is at a bit of crossroads. His friends are settling down and while he enjoys helping, he isn't quite sure wants he wants to do. Enter P.I. Marlee Frampton. An overworked, driven redhead, who has come to Clearview just as his friends are celebrating their new arrival. The tale that unfolds is intense, sweet and addictive.
Second Date: I loved the attraction and chemistry. You could feel it sizzling
Blodeuedd Finland
Omg, that is really the way to start this. This was dark, ok so the book is not dark, but the thing it touches upon. Damn!

Someone is murdering pregnant women, and cutting out their babies and selling them. I mean damn!

Marle's sister was a victim 10 years ago and Marlee became a PI and is not trying to solve her sister's case, and more. Which brings her to a little town to see if a newly adopted baby is one that had been cut out a week earlier. Again, dang!

Cooper is this super sweet, like awww Co
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
I've loved the romance and the suspense that the author always manages to weave within her stories, sadly this one fell flat for me. The kidnapping of children and the violent ends their unsuspecting mothers meet colored this book a little too dark for me.

I also didn't really feel any real chemistry or connection between the MCs to keep me engaged. Both Cooper and Marlee were likable characters but they both stayed pretty luke warm when it came to their romantic relationship.

The story is peppe
WTF Are You Reading?
All in all...
This is a very readable romance. With a hero and heroine that one can't help falling for.
Though not so much in the heart aflutter way.
As the these are two people who have been through life's proverbial ringer and still manage to have hearts of gold way.
Meaning that though parts of their story, (i.e. Cooper and squad being thrown headfirst into the middle of Marlee's case repeatedly.) Are admittedly very contrived.
After A while...
Which is mercifully quite shorter for the reader than
Amary Chapman
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Marlee Frampton lost her twin sister to a murder/ kidnap when she was pregnant with Marlee's niece, she made it her life's work to catch the murderer/baby thief.
She worked hard for 10 long years and thinks she finally has a chance to catch them.
Cooper Owens knows his friends would never adopt a black market baby, so when he finds out what Marlee is up to, he and his friends make it their mission to help. They knew that these were dangerous people, but they didn't know how dangerous. As t
Nadine Bookaholic
Although this is the fifth book in the series, this is the first book I have read. In fact it's the first book by this author that I have read. I know I'm late to the party, but better late than never. This book was fast paced with lots of action, it can definitely be read as a standalone if that is the way you choose to read it.

Suzanne
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this series with book #4, and was glad to continue on to this book (I'm sure I'll read numbers 1-3 at some point). This is certainly a romance, but it is also a thriller, and the author does a nice combination of suspense, friendship, and of course falling in love.

Marlee is a private detective who had been a police officer until her twin sister was brutally murdered and her baby taken. Now Marlee's mission is to find missing infants and (hopefully) reunite them with their families. She
M.  [storme reads a lot]
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I did not put this book down once I started, it was that good. I loved the romance but was sad by the baby being stolen from the mother. That was one of my scariest fears when I was pregnant since that crime happens more often that not. Maralee is here to find the baby. Cooper is trying to protect his friends. This adopted baby may have been stolen, but his friends only wanted a family. The pair must work together to find who is doing such heinous things.

While solving the crime, the heat grows.
JoAn
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, contemporary, romance
Looking for a Cowboy by Donna Grant may be the fifth book in the Heart of Texas series but it was easily read as a standalone.

Ms. Grant's detailed description of the characters throughout the story made them all feel fully developed. Marlee is a strong and determined PI who's specialty is finding newborn babies who have been kidnapped after their mothers had been murdered. The statistics quoted for kidnapped babies in this book are staggering and heartbreaking. A plot that moved at the speed of
Stacee
I’m always in the mood for a romantic suspense and this synopsis sounded perfect.

I liked Marlee and Cooper. They’re both good, loyal and hardworking people. The insta-lust and “craving” that happened from two sentences exchanged and a handshake fell a bit flat for me, but their relationship did grow into something tangible. There’s a pretty big cast of characters and I liked the support from the group of friends.

Plot wise, it wasn’t what I expected. There are chapter POVs from the two villains
Aimee
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was really enjoyable. It struck the right balance between action and romance for me. There was enough suspense to keep me fully engaged instead of looking to just finish the book.

The characters are interesting and I liked their complicated back stories. I like Ms. Grant's style of writing and her skill shows in both her ability to build likeable characters but also in showing us the environments in which they exist. She makes them real, with real problems and emotions.

I hope you too e
Christina
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc
Wow that was a hard one to get through. Not because it was bad, but the subject matter is a tough one to read. Marlee is a former cop turned PI who is searching for a killer. Not just any killer, but one who murders pregnant women to steal their babies from the womb. Um.....I have no words. Her search takes her to Clearview, TX where she’s sure Bruce and Naomi (previous characters in the series) have adopted one of the stolen babies she’s searching for. Through his, she meets Cooper. Financially ...more
Carissa
Donna was not kidding that this had more sensitive subject. This one definitely had more of an investigative romantic suspense aspect to it. Needless to say, I still enjoyed it. It worked very well. Marlee and Cooper worked very well as a couple and I look forward to Jace's story. I have to say I'm really enjoying this series from Donna.

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Pelusa Rivera
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
In this segment we get Cooper's love story. He meet Marlie and she captures his attention, except that Marlie just wants to get information on his friends. Marlie knows that she did wrong but she couldn't take the chance that he wouldn't warn them. You really need to read the previous books to know the dynamics and who is who since they are all in this books. I liked Marlie and respected the work that she did because it couldn't have been easy for her...Loved Cooper and can't for Jace's story..E ...more
Sandy S
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
LOOKING FOR A COWBOY is the fifth instalment in Donna Grant’s contemporary, adult HEART OF TEXAS romantic suspense series. This is former US Air Force airman Cooper Owens, and former Shell Ridge, California police officer turned PI Marlee Frampton’s story line. LOOKING FOR A COWBOY can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous story lines is revealed where necessary.

Told from several third person perspectives including Marlee and Cooper LOOKING
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Secret Nights with a Cowboy (Kittredge Ranch, #1)
  • Strong, Silent Cowboy (Moving Violations #2)
  • Boone (Eternity Springs: The McBrides of Texas, #3)
  • A Highlander Is Coming to Town (Highland, Georgia, #3)
  • Playing With Trouble
  • Hit Me With Your Best Scot (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #3)
  • The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors, #3)
  • Truth, Lies, and Second Dates
  • The Mistletoe Trap (Heart in the Game, #2)
  • The Rancher Meets His Match (The Millers of Morgan Valley, #4)
  • Snowed in with the Firefighter (Shadow Creek, Montana, #7)
  • A Heartfelt Christmas Promise
  • Kissing Lessons
  • The Last Christmas Cowboy (Gold Valley, #11)
  • Ten Days with a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas, #11)
  • Driven (Deep Ops, #4)
  • The Devil in Her Bed (Devil You Know, #3)
  • Wolf Untamed (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team, #11)
See top shelves…
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over a hundred novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal genre a burst

Heart of Texas (6 books)
  • The Christmas Cowboy Hero (Heart of Texas #1)
  • Cowboy, Cross My Heart (Heart of Texas #2)
  • My Favorite Cowboy (Heart of Texas #3)
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • A Cowboy Kind of Love (Heart of Texas #6)