Start by marking “Nevrotik Bir Gezegenden Notlar” as Want to Read:

Nevrotik Bir Gezegenden Notlar

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  19,247 ratings  ·  2,227 reviews
Sunday Times #1 Bestseller

"Zamanı Durdurmanın Yolları"nın Yazarından

Dünya aklımızı zorluyor. çılgın ve gergin bir gezegen, telaşlı ve gergin insanlarını yaratıyor; politikadan vücut kitle endeksimize hemen her şey bizi dehşete düşürüyor.

Çılgın bir dünyada çıldırmadan nasıl yaşarız?

Çevremiz kesintisiz anksiyete kaynağına dönüşmüşken nasıl mutlu hissedebiliriz?

Matt Haig,
Published November 21st 2019 by Domingo Yayınevi (first published July 5th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Nevrotik Bir Gezegenden Notlar, please sign up.
Ellen Definitely and, in fact, as a teenager, you probably need it the most.…moreDefinitely and, in fact, as a teenager, you probably need it the most. (less)
Christina These books stand-alone. Personally, since I found NoaNP so anxiety-inducing and depressing, I would read it 1st and immediately follow it with RTSA.…moreThese books stand-alone. Personally, since I found NoaNP so anxiety-inducing and depressing, I would read it 1st and immediately follow it with RTSA. (less)

·  19,247 ratings  ·  2,227 reviews

Start your review of Nevrotik Bir Gezegenden Notlar
Liz Barnsley
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really going to review this properly I bought it and read it just for me really. There's nothing much I can say that I haven't said before about this author's writing and sometimes you just want to read a book to kick start your soul again.

Suffice to say that as ever after reading a Matt Haig book my faith in many many things is restored. Yes indeed.
Nat K
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
The paradox of modern life is this: we have never been more connected, and we have never been more alone.

Another gem from one of my favourite writers, which makes me realise why I love reading his books so much. Matt Haig has the innate ability to get inside your core and peel back the layers.

He makes you feel. He makes you think.

Whenever I start one of his books, the rest of the world falls to a blur, in slow motion. I become so engrossed in what he has to say, its as if time stands still. He
Penelope
A truly timely and important book that everyone living on this nervous planet should read. Matt's honest and personal experiences shine through on every page and his writing is like a cup of tea and a warm blanket making you feel that no matter how crazy the world can get everything is going to be ok. I loved this book and have no hesitation recommending it to absolutely everyone, no one will finish this book without learning at least one important lesson or taking away one piece of advice that ...more
April (Aprilius Maximus)
This book gave me so much to contemplate!
Alexa Petre
As much as I respect and appreciate Matt Haig, I cannot give more than 2 stars to this book. First of all, it's very messy, and although he even mentions in the book that he deliberately wanted to write a messy book, it actually feels like a bunch of blog posts cluttered together in a book, without much structure and flow to it, especially since he repeats himself numerous times throughout it. I just couldn't help thinking I was reading a bunch of shallow self-help articles, full of truisms and ...more
Whitney Atkinson
Thanks to Penguin for a free review copy!

I read Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig during my 2017 relapse, and I devoured it. I absolutely love Haigs writing style and the way he weaves anecdote into advice, and how closely our experiences relate. I especially like how in this book, he talks about how social media and technology can exacerbate anxiety, which is certainly true for me as well.

I was initially fearful that this book would be a preachy just get off your phone type of book, which isn
André Oliveira
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book about depression, panic attacks and how to deal with them. Or at least get better at it.

Obviously, it's about a lot more subjects but Matt Haig give us some advice on how to cope with the present lifestyle and how to accept yourself and the world we currently live.
Nadia
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first encounter with the work of Matt Haig and I can see why he's become so popular. In his latest book, Matt shares his observations about today's 'nervous planet' we live on, overloaded with technology and social media connecting people all over the world, yet leaving them feeling alone. Based on his own experience, Matt offers advice on how to cope with stress and anxiety, how to value and appreciate the little things in life, but also how to accept ourselves and the fact that we ...more
Tom McLean
Jul 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I could write a Twitter bot that would generate this entire book. If you're the type of person who needs someone to tell you "It will be okay" a thousand different ways, then this is the book for you. I, like Matt Haig, also suffer from anxiety. But being told "it will be okay" only adds to my anxiety. I was hoping for a tool or an escape, but did not find it here. I'm glad Mr. Haig has found a profitable way to deal with his anxiety, by selling out his mantras.
Henk
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wholesome book on self-care in the 21st century - 4 stars
Youll be happy when people like you.
Youll be happy when more people like you.
Youll be happy when everybody likes you.

Digital detoxing and being happy in the 21st century
Matt Haig takes on how modern day life, with abundant choices and psychologist involved in marketing of almost any product, effects our state of mind.

It is very ironic that I listened to this book through Spotify (https://open.spotify.com/album/5o0Ptd...), commuting or at
Doug
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5, rounded up.

I really, REALLY liked Haig's previous 'self-help' book, Reasons to Stay Alive, even though some found it corny and simplistic. Reading this sequel, I could see why that feeling might be valid this time round. A prime reason why the previous book made an impact, is that it hewed more closely to Haig's personal history, as he shared autobiographical stories from which he gleaned his insights - here, there are far fewer such examples, so it just seems like a stream of platitudes -
Lauren Hartley
As discussed in the book, everyone has different opinions on books and I loved Reasons to Stay Alive but this I found really boring.
This book was very rambly and induced stress rather than prevent it. I found his last book actually had a story to it whereas this was just quoting other books and repeating what they said. The amount of chapters and paragraphs which. Were. All. One. Word. Sentences. Drove me insane by the end!
Emily B
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very accessible book written by Matt Haig.
I love the way its formatted and compiled of lists and short chapters.

The subject matter is very relevant and I found it explored issues and anxieties concerning modern life and social media that have been at the back of my mind for a while.
jade
Jan 28, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one but anxious people looking for recognition/familiar scenarios
Recommended to jade by: every Cool Non-Fiction Coming Out This Month!! list
Shelves: non-fiction
dear matt,

i get it, youre an anxious kinda guy. and our Internet Super Highway world where everything is Fast and Overwhelming doesnt really help matters. neither does having beef on twitter with internet trolls so badly it makes your heart rate skyrocket.

so, kudos to you for getting it out there. mental health issues are not easy to talk about. and i fully agree with you that the way we access, share, and process information can pose a lot of difficulties. for both the neurotypical and the
littlemiss_emmxx
I had heard this book was a sort of follow on from Reasons To Stay Alive. I read Reasons To Stay Alive while I was on holiday in January. And loved it read it in 2 or 3 days and ended up having to start it again as I hadn't thought I would finish it so quickly.

Clearly it took me a bit longer to read this but that's because I'm not on holiday this time. I couldn't wait that long to read it.

I just love Matt Haigs writing. It is so honest and truthful. This will definitely be recommended as much
Victoria
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
His best book yet! The perfect antidote to our messy world! I love all Matt Haigs books and this was still even better than I had anticipated! Just buy it, read it, talk about and love it! This world is a better place with this book in it . ...more
Virginie
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Matt Haig, if more people were like you, I'm sure the world would be a better place. I want to be your friend!

I'm not as anxious as Haig describes himself and I already apply some of his advices in my life, but it's always interesting to read a book written by someone who shares similar values. This book reminded me of some things I believe in but sometimes forget. As a teacher, I wish I can share some of that knowledge with my students!

Thanks for reminding me that humans never had so much time
Lindsey
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just read it :)
Rita Araújo
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Find the hope that is already here and help it grow ❤ ...more
Malia
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many thought-provoking points! I found myself nodding along and dog-earing my book in a way that would leave some readings weeping. Highly recommended!

Find more reviews and bookish fun at http://www.princessandpen.com

Zohal
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

"Its all right that the world is crazy, as long as I make my little corner of the world sane." Diane Lockhart from The Good Fight.

The above quote perfectly summarises this book. I read this in one setting which rarely happens these days. This has given me so much to think about it. It was so raw and so very from the heart. I don't suffer from anxiety yet I felt as though Matt Haig put the deepest depths of my soul onto the page. I guarantee everyone will relate to at least one comment
Sarah Dorothea
5 out of 5 stars! ⭐ After having read Matt Haigs last nonfiction book, 'Reasons to Stay Alive', I was utterly amazed by his second oeuvre. 'Notes on a Nervous Planet' is not so much a reasons to as a how to guide, for all those readers who responded so powerfully to the last book. This book follows a similar format: short chapters, concisely written, with lots of numbered lists just right for an audience whose attention, Haig argues, is being stretched painfully thin by 24-hour rolling news, ...more
Megan
Jul 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hardly ever dnf a book. Now trust me when I say I know that this book is just like Haig's others; ones that I do like, The Humans is actually one of my all-time favourites. I stopped a little over 200 pages in and I realised he would be repeating the same messages over and over again, I got the gist and was to be honest irritated. He did hit a few aspects of modern culture on the head but at some points it came off like a middle aged man complaining about youth culture, which it is essentially ...more
Ammara
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"...we can feel pain amid external beauty and peace. But the flipside is that we can feel calm in a world of fear."

Such a warm and absorbing book. If you've read books on anxiety and the likes of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck and are looking for tips, tricks and hacks on how to instantly get better, then this one isn't for you. But it is the one you should probably be reading.

Matt Haig delves into thoughts, fears and curiosities that are consuming us daily and talks about them openly,
Brendan Monroe
I wish this book had been available back in January 2015. When I started my last job.

I was in a different country, working with colleagues from all over, and it was my first time working a desk job. The atmosphere there was absolutely toxic, the people I worked with unbelievably petty and bullying, and I thought about walking out on my lunch break on a daily basis. But I never did. Maybe all "desk jobs" were like this. What did I know?

I stayed there just shy of four, very long, years because I
Anni
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Distracted from distraction by distraction"
(T.S. Eliot' - The Four Quartets)

If you feel like shouting Stop the world, I want to get off!" on a daily basis, then this is the book for you. Following on from his bestselling Reasons to stay Alive, Matt Haig here explores whether it is possible to stay sane in a mad world, offering useful suggestions for coping with our addiction to modern technology along with its attendant information overload.
(The suggestion I find most useful is the one about
Jo
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is raw and real. Highly recommend to anyone struggling with anxiety and mental illness- it is a read that will show you that you are not alone. Also highly recommend to those not struggling with mental illness but are simply broad-minded enough to want to understand those who do.

Matt Haig writes of our nervous planet. Nervous, yes, but also "[a] planet where we can breathe and live and fall in love and eat peanut butter on toast and say hello to dogs and dance to music and read Bonjour
Tim Rideout
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kindness spring-cleans the soul.

Reading Notes on a Nervous Planet is like being given a new pair of spectacles. It makes everything clearer.

Matt Haig writes with humility, wisdom, clarity, honesty, humour and kindness about his own mental illness and efforts to improve his mental health. In doing so he is a source of great help to others. I read this book quickly - it will stay with me for a very long time.

Yet another remarkable book from Matt.
Mindfully Evie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, self-help
"In a world that can get too much, a world where we are running out of mind space, fictional worlds are essential.
For me, reading was never an antisocial activity.
It was deeply social.
It was the most profound kind of socialising there was.
A deep connection to the imagination of another human being.
A way to connect without the many filters society normally demands.
So often, reading is often seen as important because of its social value.
It is tied to education and the economy and so on.
But that
Sara
مراجعة الكتاب على اليوتيوب:

It's a great book!
It's not like ordinary self-help books, it actually helps you understand what this era is causing us to feel like. The overload of everything, news, music, films, and books.
This book focuses mainly on social media effects on us. It helped me to cool down and regulate my social media conflicts. I am also trying to accomplish more of what he said.
Although I am sure not all anxieties are triggered by mobile phones, I just
The Hun's Book Club: Notes on a Nervous Planet- Matt Haig 1 2 Mar 08, 2020 11:09AM

• Everything I Know About Love
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • How to Fail: Everything I’ve Ever Learned From Things Going Wrong
  • This Is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor
  • No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
  • Normal People
  • Feminists Don't Wear Pink (And Other Lies): Amazing Women on What the F-Word Means to Them
  • Jog On: How Running Saved My Life
  • My Thoughts Exactly
  • It's Not OK to Feel Blue (and other lies): Inspirational people open up about their mental health
  • Conversations with Friends
  • My Sister, the Serial Killer
  • Ordinary People
  • How Do You Like Me Now?
  • Gotta Get Theroux This: My Life and Strange Times in Television
  • Happy: Finding joy in every day and letting go of perfect
  • The Language of Kindness: A Nurse's Story
  • Eat, Drink, Run: How I Got Fit Without Going Too Mad
Matt Haig was born in Sheffield, England in1975. He writes books for both adults and children, often blending the worlds of domestic reality and outright fantasy, with a quirky twist. His bestselling novels are translated into 28 languages. The Guardian has described his writing as 'delightfully weird' and the New York Times has called him 'a novelist of great talent' whose writing is 'funny, ...more

Articles featuring this book

Just the titles of these books themselves will start you off on the right foot: Girl, stop apologizing! Maybe you should talk to someone? Stay ...
“Reading isn’t important because it helps to get you a job. It’s important because it gives you room to exist beyond the reality you’re given. It is how humans merge. How minds connect. Dreams. Empathy. Understanding. Escape. Reading is love in action.” 78 likes
“Remember no one really cares what you look like. They care what they look like. You are the only person in the world to have worried about your face.” 30 likes