Start by marking “I Never Expected You” as Want to Read:

(I Never #2)

Zachary Jacobs feels as though his life is spiraling out of control as he deals with the aftermath of losing his childhood best friend, Emmett Hanks. When his sister, Danielle, disappears without a trace, he finds comfort in the only person who truly knows what he is going through: Haylee Hanks.

What he least expects is to fall for her. She went from the silly girl next
Published December 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about I Never Expected You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Never Expected You

Start your review of I Never Expected You
queen_of_the_books_18
This. Is. Different. You. Are. Different.

Just when you think Stephanie Jenkins isn’t going to put you through the emotional wringer with this book like she did book 1, she strikes again, leaving me staring into space with a lump in my throat trying to sort through my emotions.

Bravo Jenkins, because not only did you wreck my world with I Never Planned on You, you’ve just made me rip the bandaid off of my heart, to relive it all over again through Zach and Haylee.

She's my Haylee. And that’s my
Becca Steele
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness, I need a minute to recover from the hotness that is Zachary Jacobs.

OK. I'm ready.

Stefanie Jenkins gave me all the feels again with this book. I started off crying, and by the end I had a huge smile on my face. I adored Zach and Haylee, and how they found themselves attracted to one another, and developing a relationship. They both grew and changed so much, and I felt all the emotions with them. I loved how perfectly it tied in with I Never Planned on You, and how we got to see
Amanda Carol
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC and I am leaving an honest review*

Well, f*ck me right?

I absolutely LOVED this book. This book follow Zach Jacobs, Danielle’s brother from I Never Planned On You, and her best friend Haylee Hanks. Having to go through that pain with Emmett again was SO WORTH it because I got to watch two people who had already cared about each other, fall in love. We get to see how they fell in love and witness their first kiss and their first date. Plus everything in between!

This book hit me
Alley Ciz
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How the hell Stefanie makes me feel so many emotions in one book I have no idea. Like book 1 there are part that will have you crying ALL the ugly tears, then you’ll laugh then need to sit in your fridge to cool down.

Zach and Haylee are couple goals and holy burnt dinner Batman do I love their story.

Graf your tissues and wine, lots of wine, and 1-click this today
Kari Davis
I am not sure what I want to rate this...either 4.5 stars or 5. UGH, I am just not sure. I need to let this sink in some. I really enjoyed it and yes I cried quite a few times.

EDITED:
When I started I Never Expected You, I knew what I was getting myself into, however, I didn't expect to be so emotional like I was with book one. Oh Lord, Stefanie Jenkins I swear you like to collect the tears of your readers. I have gone back and forth and how I want to rate this, and I have settled on a 5. Why
Brenda Hawkins
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zach Jacobs ( fanning myself) Hottie McHotterson
A more apt name could bit be found
I did myself an injustice by taking my sweet time to read this
I had myself turned inside out with Anxiety due to my emotional breakdown and response to I never planned on you.
We start 5 weeks after Emmett’s passing and i for one was relieved. We get straight into the aftermath of dealing with the grieving from Hailee and Zachs POV and both sets of parents.
It was amazing to see the same storyline of Emmett’s
Thuy Taylor
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We met Zach and Haylee in book one and get ready, they'll steal your hearts!!!! With everything that happened with Emmett, Haylee's brother and Zach's best friend, they're just living life without him. Taking it hard, and day by day. The grief of a loved one is extremely hard and they learn to navigate life after they leave the world. I knew I had to read book one before I dived into this one and I'm glad I did. It was so worth it and just have tissues nearby. Stef broke me several times but ...more
Shirley Cuypers
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Stefanie Jenkins and Give Me Books Promotions!

I Never Expected You
is the second book in the I Never series and tells the story of Zach and Haylee. Although this is the second book in the series, it can be read as a standalone.

I Never Expected You was such an amazing book and I didn’t expect anything less from Stefanie Jenkins! Something that I really liked about I
Brendon Reed
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All. The. Feels.

I would recommend this book to every reader I know! The first book in the series captured my attention, but this one stole my heart. The attention to detail and crossover memories reminded me how much I loved Book 1 and the twists (and carnivals!) have me looking forward to more! Kudos Stef- you are amazing! —Jennie Reed
Rina's Reads
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A day later and I'm still trying to process.
This book was simply.... stunning.
I loved seeing the developing feelings, the shift in their relationship and the journey they travelled.

Was it easy? No
Was it simple? No
But the best things in life rarely are and I think that's why I just couldn't put it down.

Zach and Hails were beautiful, raw, sexy and sweet. There were so many different emotions running through me I couldn't tell up from down once I was done.

I am so thankful to have found Stefanie's
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I loved catching back up with the Jacobs and Hanks families! In this book, the second in the I Never series, we learn how Haylee and Zach ended up together over the years after Emmett died and Dani left. I loved this book for multiple reasons...it’s a friends to lovers book, we find out the story from Zach’s and Haylee’s points of view, and we still get Dani and Kyler in this book too! This book was written so well in filling in the missing pieces about Zach and Haylee. With this book and the ...more
Alexis
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for A Book Nerd, A Bookseller, and a Bibliophile

Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
And she does it again! Once again I have been left speechless by Stefanie Jenkins! She came into the author world with an emotional bomb and continued her assault on our emotions with I Never Expected You.

We meet Zack and Haylee in I Never Planned on You, and couldn't really help but love them both. Dani lost her boyfriend, Haylee her brother, and Zack his best friend and sister. The one thing we learn from these books is everyone grieves differently.

Stefanie Jenkins is an emotional terrorist,
Katslovesbooks
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book. Stefanie Jenkins has done it again taking us through this rollercoaster of emotions with I Never Expected You.( I NEVER SERIES BOOK #2) I love how in this book we get to see Hails and Zach's POV regarding Em's passing , all the emotions that they went through and how each of them grow as adults overcoming the tragedy they both experienced. I love that their friendship grows to something more meaningful and that without realizing it , they fall deeply in love with ...more
Susan
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, second-chance
I'm sure that I'm in the minority here, but I Never Expected You just didn't hit the mark for me. It started out with such promise, and I really liked the first half. I liked getting a better understanding of how Haylee and Zach got together. I loved how they found love through tragedy. Unfortunately, a good chunk of this book was repetitive of I Never Planned On You because much of the timelines overlapped. Yes, it was from a different character's POV, but much of the retelling was way too ...more
Jillian_J
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Stefanie has once again given us a remarkably beautiful story with all the emotions!”

Knowing how I Never Planned On You was written, I couldn’t help but be cautious of my heart! That being said, this puts that story in a totally different perspective that was so needed!

Zachary and Haylee’s friendship that is developing into a relationship was absolutely beautiful to read! And to know how much of a playboy Zach was, you have some seriously laugh out loud moments!

With the laughter comes the
Nikitasbookreviews
You guys i was actually scared to start this book because book 1 i never planned on you put me through the emotional wringer!!
Gahhhh 3 sentences into this book and just seeing the name Emmett has me in tears! I mean I’m not crying you are!

This book is seriously amazing! Love how it’s written bringing things together from the first book and i love how I’m finally getting to see how zach started to fall for hails! Gah some parts though seriously still have me in tears!
Omg it was so funny to see
Lisa Louise
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow! I was in emotional bits at the start of this book because it brought back all the emotions from I never planned on you and add Zach and haylee's heartbreak and sadness in their povs =Total mess

This starts with Zach and haylee loosing Emmett, how they manage their grief and how they come to be. Months, years go by with loosing Dani and then when she comes back. So much more happens then and was lovely to see beautiful things happen for all four of them.

This is beautiful, endearing, sweet
Amy  Crull
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book without reading the blurb first so I blinded by what happened. I will warn you, when you open this book and read the happy moment that happened among friends/lovers remember that throughout the book. This book will destroy your emotions or at least it did mine. I cried so many times including right before I went to bed. I stayed up late reading this, which now due to the crying I kinda regret doing. I loved the story despite the many tears that rolled down my face. I am a sucker ...more
Holly
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stefanie Jenkins created a debut that was a heart-breaking masterpiece. Her latest is another tear jerker that will have you wallowing in grief, laughing alongside and swooning with the characters just like in I Never Planned on You. It’s time for Zach and Haylee’s story and OMG! It was everything and more.

I loved seeing more about Zach, Haylee, Dani and Emmett when they were younger, seeing the devastating events from the first book from more perspectives, seeing what happened whilst Dani was
Carmen Richter
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
And the tears continue.

There were a lot of times when I was reading I Never Planned on You when I wondered how Zach was taking everything. How did he feel about Dani disappearing for years and then just suddenly wanting to come home? How did he feel about how she handled herself when she got back? How did he feel about her reaction to his relationship? And, how in the heck did Zach and Haylee end up together in the first place???

Well, now I don't have to wonder anymore. Because this book tells
Carrie
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story for the most part. Haylee & Zach have a sweet (and yet semi-antagonistic) history. They develop more of a friendship after a tragedy touches them both, and that friendship falls into love pretty seamlessly. I love both characters - their banter, their sexy times, their support of one another! Zach is pretty swoony for a reformed manwhore, too. Heh.

A few things kept popping up as annoyances - there are some time skips that gloss over events that could have been used to
Tiffany Copple
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars for I never Expected You by Stefanie Jenkins. This is book two in the I Never Series. This is the first book I have read from this author and she now has a fan in me. This book put me into an emotional overload. Zach and Haylee ,I don’t even know where to start with these two and this book. If I say to much it could ruin the experience for you and I do not want to do that. Zach is a hero that will have you swooning and Haylee will grip your heart. While reading this book I felt like I ...more
Cheryl Blackburn
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreak and Romance

This is a great story of love and loss, and finding love in unexpected places. I loved seeing Zach and Haylee's POV. Wonderful characters and story. I enjoyed this story very much. From the moment of tragedy, Zack and Haylee have to learn to cope. Finding each other to lean on they find love. I love their chemistry, funny, and sexy. Great HEA.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Oh, wow! This book hurt so much; I knew from having read book one what I should have expected but I was not prepared for this. Nothing prepared me for the painful, touching story of Zach and Haylee. This author has a way of pulling you into the story to where the grief is so realistic that you feel the loss and you go through the grieving process along with the characters. However, this book was more than just that, there were some lighter, funny and sweet moments, which I appreciated so I could ...more
Natalie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recieved a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! This book is amazing.

It Is book 2 but it can be read as a standalone.

The main characters come together over loss and grief.

Wow! Highly recommended
Priya Kanaparti
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Strength comes from loss and love

If I can describe this book in a short sentence, it’d say this: Strength comes from loss and love.

Stefanie does a beautiful job with this book and building Zach and Haylee! These characters are funny and spot on adorable.

I can’t wait to see these characters grow and see what they are upto in the upcoming books!
Tara Lee
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took all my strength to read this beautiful, sad love story.
Gahhhhh. The emotions you feel while reading this is above and beyond anything. I tried but failed miserably to not cry I sobbed and I sobbed hard.
Zach and Hails are the ultimate couple I mean their story is one for the ages because there is no way of getting through this story without tears, laughter and your heart skipping a beat.

Zac truly is the ulitmate alpha man. A playboy reformed who finds love in the place he least
Krista
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Never Expected You is an emotional ride. While it is the second book in the series, I have not read the first one and had no problem following along. Haylee and Zach have suffered a devastating loss and are trying to find their way back. Will they way back lead them to something they never thought possible?

I really enjoyed the story. I definitely need to go back and read the first book!
Alannah
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Wow I absolutely loved Zach and Haylee's book.
Very emotional and loving.

Zach is a character had me laughing all the time. The love he had for Haylee was out of this world he would do anything for her and she was the same back. They went through a very hard time and that brought them together.

Can't wait to read stefs next story.
Bargain Basement: $15 Amazon Gift Card & Signed Paperback 1 3 Dec 09, 2019 03:18PM

• Rising Moon (The Awakened Trilogy #2)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • For Three Seconds
  • Hidden Kisses (Love in Sienna, #2)
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • The Deal (London Suits, #0.5)
  • Vicious Hate (Westbrook Blues, #2)
  • Tap Out (BTU Alumni, #2)
  • The Awakened (The Awakened Trilogy, #1)
  • You Were Always Home (Homecoming, #2)
  • The Way Back Home (Homecoming, #1.5)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
  • Heartless Hero
  • Secret Smiles (Love in Sienna, #1)
  • The Gift (The Awakened Trilogy, #1.5)
  • The Boyfriend Blog
  • Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)
Hey, I'm Stefanie Jenkins! Boymom of 2, Wife, Coffee Addict, Book Nerd, Hockey Fan and Writer of Contemporary Romance. I currently reside in Surf City, NC and absolutely love living at the beach.

I Never (3 books)
  • I Never Planned on You (I Never, #1)
  • I Never Let You Go (I Never, #3)