Start by marking “Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)

Reaper's Blood

(The Grimm Brotherhood #1)

I died for Hostess cupcakes.
I know. Tragic, right?

Even worse, after I came back I still didn’t get any cupcakes.

What I did get, however, is a six-foot-something reaper with eyes like blue fire to guide me into the world of the supernatural. Which, as it turned out, wasn’t quite like the fairytales little girls are told growing up.

Not only is magic real, more importantly,
Published January 13th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Reaper's Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaper's Blood

Start your review of Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
With a sassy, constantly hungry, heroine and a sexy but grumpy hero, Reaper's Blood was an amazing and addictive read. An urban fantasy with a slow burn romance thrown in... what more could I ask for.

Tragic news has brought Salem Kaine back to town after 4 years away. Upon returning, due to her love of food, she dies. And her dormant supernatural gene gets activated and violá, she's alive again! But she's no longer just a human. She is a Reaper. A female one at that. She is a part of a society
Shirley Cuypers
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, arc-beta, 2020
Original review

This book was provided by the authors through Wildfire Marketing Solutions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Kel Carpenter, Meg Anne and Wildfire Marketing Solutions!

Reaper’s Blood
is the first book in The Grimm Brotherhood series and tells the story of Salem Kaine.

Reaper’s Blood is the second book I’ve read about reapers and I think it’s my favourite one so far. I really liked the story and I couldn’t stop reading. This book was so fast paced and well written! The
Annabel
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars, I really loved this book, the banter between the main characters and het humor made it so good! The story is captivating and you really want to know what's going to happen!
Deekay
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and hilarious book, and I loved every second of it. This isn’t my usual type of fantasy book, but since there are grimm reapers in it, I decided to give it a read. And oh man how I really enjoyed it. I had a great time laughing out loud reading it.

The storyline was simple and easy to follow. It was basically about Salem who came back to her old hometown to search for her brother’s murderer, and also about her journey of trying to understand the whole supernatural world with the
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
Food. That’s really what women spend a lot of their day thinking about. (“Ugh, two hours until lunch?” “What am I doing for dinner?”) So really, can we blame Salem for being hangry and mad about dying…and not even being able to eat her cupcakes? After all, Salem herself says she has three modes: angry, hungry, and super angry. Totally worth crawling back into the car after her Hostess cupcakes to fix at least one of those problems. Right?

Salem could totally be my BFF. She’s brash, ballsy,
Chaos Book Reviews.
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
What do you do when your twin brother is murdered? You pack your stuff and go home, you know that pesky place you swore you would never go back to.

Only before you make it there, you'll risk your life for a Hostess Cupcake. Then you'll meet Not-Morticia Mortica with all her creepyness, followed by a hella hot encounter with your brother's best friend, and to top off your return, you'll finally get a crash course in the supernatural.

Salem's personality is a hoot and her chemistry with Graves is
Ashley Shvetsova
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love adventure, Witty banter and to be lost in a world unknown this is the book for you! Amazing! I really need the next book. These authors are amazing and I will never not say this! Please release the next one early. I loved it. Literally not a complaint at all.
Emily Pennington
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Flying down the mountain road at high speed, Salem Kaine reaches over for her purse on the car seat and searches its depths for a pack of Hostess Cupcakes she had stashed in there. Something big and furry ran from the side of the road and stopped right in front of her. The last thing she saw before top-still-down convertible flipped were red eyes staring straight at her as she didn’t even have time to scream!

She opened her eyes, wondering why there was no pain or crushed bones, only to find
Victoria
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm, I'm on the fence for this one...
The plot is good, the characters are fun and the setting is great. So what's the problem? Salem... I just really don't like her at all :(
You can have a snarky heroine and that's fine, or great even. Buuuuuuuut Salem is a tad overboard. It doesn't seem like there is another side to her, just the one mode, and that's a shame and in my opinion a missed opportunity.

So let's just review everything else :)

As stated the setting was good, all scenes and environments
Teri
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Usually I don't let character's dictate my feelings about a book but this time Salem just takes the cake. Not sure how many ways I don't like her but attitude and all is just too much. She claims she just goes with the flow but she's a sarcastic rude unemotional mean girl (for lack of a better description). While this is a clean read the language is over the top and takes away from the story. It does have plenty of action and other characters which are much more likable. Most people wont mind ...more
Atlanta Whitlock
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read all of Meg Anne’s books so I already know what her writing style is like, but Kel Carpenter is a completely new author to me and I was intrigued to see how her writing would flow alongside Meg’s and honestly, I’m impressed. They both work well as a team and they really brought this story to life, I was so invested in the story and the characters and I had no idea which direction this book would go at all. But just from reading this book alone, you can see that their writing compliments ...more
Amy March (Between the Screens)
I love this book! It offers a funny new twist on the supernatural world you’ve likely come to know and love over the years.

Salem is utterly unique in every way. She’s quirky, outspoken, mischievous AF and really just a walking calamity. I loved every single second of getting to know her. She’s one heck of a heroine, I’m sure fans will have no trouble falling for her off-kilter charm, but he warned... this book will make you HUNGRY! Salem is a lover of food and her constant grumbling stomach and
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This paranormal new adult romance is AMAZING! I cannot speak highly enough about it, the wit and banter is great and I could not stop laughing during the book. The series seems to be a slow burn in the romance department, but the connections between the characters were real and you can see it building throughout the entire story.

I have a love/hate relationship with Salem. I could totally see her being my bestie, but at the same time I could also see her driving me up the wall. Her interaction
Stephanie Messier
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As the blurb said.. “I died for Hostess cupcakes.
I know. Tragic, right?” Her love for food is real!!

I absolutely love Salem she has no filter, if she thinks it it’s coming out her mouth! This book will have you laughing so hard make sure you’re not drinking anything while you read this book!

Salem returns home after a tragic event in her life, only to have her world turned upside down.. literally and figuratively. Her life as she knows it is gonna change, she meets Graves tall, dark and handsome
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
What a fast paced read that had me intrigued from the beginning to the end. When I grow up I think I want to be Salem. Her quick wit, sarcasm, and no filter is right up my alley. Graves is our male hero who is sexy with all his moody and broodiness. Throw in Salem's bestfriend Tamsin, and what could possibly happen?? You are going to want to find out. I am looking forward to seeing what other kind of trouble these three can get into. I'm sorry this review is so short, but trust me when I say you ...more
Rita
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited and happy to have gotten an early copy of the books and stating the series, even though I now have to wait longer for book two. However, I know that they wait is going to definitely be worth it. I loved this new series and the characters Salem and Graves were both so stubborn and Salem’s sassy personality and her love for food and cupcakes was just so hilarious and such a page turner. Congratulations to both authors for writing such an amazing start to a new series. Looking ...more
Hannah
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed my attention immediately. It starts off fast paced and I never lost interest. I actually had trouble putting it down once I started reading it. I also really enjoyed the humor in the story. Salem had me giggling out loud. I loved the back and forth between Graves and Salem, and I can't wait to see what's in store for them in the future!

Natascha Pinson
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A) this made me hungry. Hostess cupcakes...pizza...m&ms
Mmm food
B) Salem is badass. Has no filter. Is always hungry. Pretty much amazing right!
C) mmm Graves
D) amazing best friend

I could probably go on, but the point is...READ THIS BOOK!
Claudia
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Reaper's Blood, Kel and Meg give us engaging characters and fairly fast paced story line . This light-hearted romp with a dark mystery to solve, a snarky hot mess of a MC, her succubus BFF and (of course) a hot love interest keeps the pages turning. However, I'm willing to bet there's a whole lot more to Salem than quick wit and an addiction to cupcakes. Plus, I love a story that gives us a twist on the Brothers Grimm.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Shweta Beriwal
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quirky, witty and sarcastic, Salem is back in a town of paranormals to find out the truth behind her brother's death or as it happened murder.

While driving into town, she meets with an accident and dies before being sent back to her body by a ghost. What she then learns from the man who rescuces her from the wreck is that she is a reaper & that her best friend is a succubus.

Without going into the story, let me tell you that this book is full of crazy incidents, secrets and mysteries and much
Natalia
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
3,5
-0,5star because of the h bratty way of be... Sometimes she was almost childish!!
Graceley Knox
I was lucky enough to snag an early copy of this book, and holy hostess cupcakes, I couldn't put it down. Salem is not your typical heroine. She's quick-witted to a fault - one that had me snort laughing through the entire book - has a serious addiction to sugar, and has got one hell of a story to tell.

Within the first chapter, she's swearing, flipping the bird, and driving way too fast while listening to rock music, which makes her my type of girl. She's one of those characters that you relate
Amanda Knutsen
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun and fluff

A fun book to pass the time. If you like paranormal romance that us definitely more R than PG13, you'll like this. MC falls a little on the side of tough= running your mouth and not listening even though you know nothing, but shes determined and kind of fun so, you can ignore that negative. I really enjoyed the side characters a lot and look forward to more of them in the next book.
Tracey Milito
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I’m loving this story. I was hooked from the first page to the last. I can’t wait to see what happens next.
MKYHome
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grims

Paranormal tale that takes some twists and turns as the story unfolds. Town life mixes with the assortment of supes. Ends on a cliffhanger so know you must foray into the next installment.
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reaper's Blood by Meg Anne is a wonderful story that I had the privilege to read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series and I can not wait to read the next book in this wonderful series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romances.

Elysian Fields
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ku
This book needs to be dipped in gold and celebrated with some candles in cupcakes because it was nothing short of humorous supernatural perfection!!

I have been silently following one of the authors for awhile now, and I have enjoyed ever book from her so I decided to just jump into this story. A quick few chapters before bed... two hours later and the next morning and DARN this was fan-freaking-tastic!!! I really want to gush but I will leave it to these three observations:

1) if you love
Tera Comer
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A great new series by an author that never fails to pull me into her worlds and leave me wanting more to a series even when it's over. I totally love the concept of the storyline, and the fact that Salem is a hostess cupcake devouring, snarky and humorous made this series starter great. I can not wait to see what is in store for the rest of this series.
DonnaLee Saavedra
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!

I downloaded this book immediately because the author requested reviews. Who can deny Kel Carpenter anything when she brings such baaadly needed fantasy into our lives. This book has it all for me snark, mystery, snark, intrigue, snark, unusual characters, snark, a best friend who is always there no questions asked but snark given freely, a naked crazy aunt, and a hot blue eyed reaper. What more could I ask for, oh yeah a demon stuffie that is baaaadly needed (read the book and you will
Bookish
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have yet to meet a Meg Anne book that I didn't totally love and this one is NOT it! A fun paranormal read. I mean the h "died for Hostess cupcakes." Salem is a kick-ass, feisty, take no prisoners type if h that you just love to read about. This series is off to a great start. Humorous and witty, the writing just draws you in and the story is original enough that you just don't want to put the book down. I can't wait for more, I just know it will be amazing.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Initiation (Elite Supernatural Trackers, #1)
  • Vampire Debt: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #2)
  • Blood Trial: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #1)
  • Rest in Pieces (Barbie: The Vampire Hunter #1)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Dead Girl Walking (Barbie: The Vampire Hunter #2)
  • Shadow Magic (Hidden Magic #1)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta #2)
  • New Moon (Alpha Wolf Academy, #1)
  • Hellish Fae (Monsters and Miseries #1)
  • Fae Curse (Yew Queen, #1)
  • Revenge (Assassin's Academy, #2)
  • The Girl Who Cried Werewolf (Of Fates & Fables Book 1)
  • Seraphim Academy 1: Wicked Wings
  • Circus Of The Dead, Book #1
  • As Wicked As They Come (University of Morgana: Academy of Enchantments and Witchcraft #6)
  • Supernatural Inmate (Supernatural Captivity #1)
  • Summoned (The Sundance #2)
Kel Carpenter is a USA Today Bestselling Author and writer of all things fantasy. She loves reading, watching Netflix original shows, and subjecting her favorite co-author and editor to crazy, harebrained book ideas. Kel currently resides in Atlanta, GA with her boyfriend and three fur-children. When she is not writing or working on completing her senior year of college, she is spending time with ...more

The Grimm Brotherhood (3 books)
  • Reaping Havoc (The Grimm Brotherhood, #2)
  • Reaper Reborn (The Grimm Brotherhood, #3)
“You’re not supposed to spring this shit on people when they’re already on the verge of a meltdown, especially when they’re without food. You at least try to ease them in. It’s like foreplay. You have to preheat the oven before you just slide your dick right on in there.” 0 likes