Start by marking “Eternal Nightmare” as Want to Read:
Eternal Nightmare

Eternal Nightmare

“I sleep forever. Dream after dream. Tormented by them. I never get to awaken.”
Kindle Edition
Published January 3rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Nightmare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Nightmare

Start your review of Eternal Nightmare
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
I'm rating this as 3.5 stars. Please note that I am using the Goodreads rating system of 3 stars being "liked" and 4 as "really liked".

Eternal Nightmare is a well written and entertaining read, a dark and twisty retelling of Sleeping Beauty, with a dash of Romeo and Juliet for good measure. I did struggle with the flashback/flashforward aspect at first as I hadn't had chance to develop an understanding of the world and it's characters. This left me feeling a little confused and lost at times
Joyffree
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I admit it took me a bit to figure out exactly what was here and what was there and why here did not always match what I perceived it to be.

We travel with Lucy as she wanders the hallways of her sub-conscience trying to find her way back to the present though the now is also happening now or I think it is...

Lucy starts out a bit meek IMO but do not judge to quickly. She is young and has always been directed as to how she should think and what the outside world consists of. She was very
Terri Trawets
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a dark retelling of the fairytale of Sleeping Beauty. Lucy is living a nightmare for the horror that has happened to her. Even her life once she joined the royal family is a nightmare of humiliation and sadness. For the most part, I really enjoy reading the works of Aria Adams, but this story took me into a plethora of nightmares and insecurity. If you enjoy a really dark emotional nightmare, read this book.
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Aria Adams' latest fairy tale retelling, Sleeping Beauty is asleep and Prince Charming is unable to help her, leaving her trapped in a series of odd dreams with no escape. Ms. Adams' take on the classic tale is a surreal landscape leading the reader through the many "lives" of Lucy as she slumbers under the spell of Malecifent.

Told alternatively between Lucy's past and her present and entirely from her POV, you learn that her despicable parents and lady in waiting made her waking life as
Amy
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They say that time heals all wounds but I don't think that applies to this story. This distorted fairytale makes for an intense read and it keeps you on your toes reading this because you don't want to miss a thing. I could not believe how immersed I got into this story.

I read and reviewed a copy of this book.
Barbara
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sleeping beauty retelling with quite a twist once I started reading I was not putting it down until I had finished. This is a short fast story to read with magic both dark and white.There is suspense, drama, danger, bad parents, evil witches, and romance. I enjoyed reading. I received an ARC and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Pamela Lunder
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Aria. This book was very different from the kind of books I usually read. This book is a dark interpretation of Sleeping Beauty. At first I was very confused but as I read on it made a lot more sense. The dream world was very weird. But her real world was very lonely. I think I am going to go back and read the others in this series.
Ga Books LoverX
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aria Adams takes dark fairy tales to a freaking sinister level! Eternal Nightmare is a mixture of past and present showcasing HOW Lucy has gotten to where she is and it is a pretty rough spot. With this Sleeping Beauty retelling, it is enticing, captivating and a pretty interesting read.

If you like DARK fairy tale retellings, Eternal Nightmare is a pretty good choice for you! 4 outta 5 stars from me for this and I would like to thank Aria Adams and L Woods PR for allowing me an advanced copy of
Lynn Stifle
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an awesome read!! I had read the blurb and just knew I had to read this book...I'm so glad that I did!! I was hooked from page one!This dark twist on the retelling of Sleeping Beauty is utterly amazing! Aria Adam's writing is flawless, and the story'smany twists and turns allow her readers to become completely immersed in her story. It's dark, twisted, page turning, with intriguing characters, depth and detail, and so so good!!! An absolute definite must read! ...more
Jan
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get ready for Sleeping Beauty told a dark way. Lucy has been asleep for a long time. There doesn’t seem to be anyone able to save her. Is there a hero that can bring her out of this nightmare? There are times when I am reading the story, I forget if it is Present or Past. Her “father” was a wicked and evil man. The story goes deep into the darker areas of the curse. Oh we still get the curse from Maleficent and the words that she uses but the king and queen are both evil people. Lucy’s prince is ...more
Saskia
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The final fairytale retelling in this series and it is a dark twist on Sleeping Beauty. And it isn’t like any fairytale you have ever read.

The nightmare is not only in her sleep, but also in her real life. There is no love or even a kind word for Lucy. I really felt for her. She is isolated from everything and everyone.

And her nightmares are made of endless horror but are also a journey for Lucy.

A different kind of fairytale. I am sure Grimm would approve.
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eternal Nightmare plunges us in a nightmare. Lucy wants to follow her heart but being the princess to an awful king makes that hard. In this Sleeping Beauty retelling we are on a journey of atonement, while finding out Lucy and Aurian's love story.

I loved Lucy's fight while also understanding her heartbreak. She fought so long in hard to have Aurian and then she fought so long and hard to survive the nightmare. She's a badass who has heart and understand how a kingdom should truly be ruled.

Suniko
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
The retelling of Sleeping Beauty meets Nightmare’s on Elm Street. Trust me you have not heard a story like this one before.

I loved the twisted dark version of sleeping beauty. There are plot twist at every corner that you do not know what to believe. Or even if you made it to the finish line.

Chuckle. Chuckle. Chuckle.

Aria Adams truly creates a masterpiece of nightmare with a faint of a HEA.

You have been warned. . .this is not your average Disney retelling story but a nightmare from which you
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author.
"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
Shadiedaze
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Princess Lucy thinks her father is an idiot and her mother is a spiteful harpy. Her parents think she is a fat cow they will never be able to marry off. As her father using illegal magic to conquer the lands of neighboring kingdoms , Lucy falls in love with the son of her father's nemesis, King Ardwen. Will magic be the way to get her happily ever after?

The novel chapters are set up first person (Lucy) going from her present dream state to her past to show how underhanded and evil her father was
Maria Reynoso
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ms. Adams spins a dark and twisted version of Sleeping Beauty. Eternal Nightmare is told entirely in Princess Lucy's point of view bouncing from her past to the present. Reality is eschewed. The more that Princess Lucy shares, the more we realize how horrible her parents and lady in waiting truly are. Will Princess Lucy fight her way to true freedom and be with the love of her life or will she continue to flounder along and try to stay one step ahead?

This was a very different and twisted version
KnottyGirl Reviews
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
“I sleep forever. Dream after dream. Tormented by them. I never get to awaken.”
Lucy has slept for a hundred years. Everyone she ever knew is dead. Her kingdom is in decay. She doesn’t have anything to wake up for, but it has to be better than the nightmares, doesn’t it? Every time she thinks she’s opened her eyes, another nightmare begins. Endless horror. Can anyone help her?
This is a dark fairytale retelling of Sleeping Beauty. The heroine is asleep. The hero can't save her. The villain is
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
This fantastic, dark & twisted retelling of an old fairytale “Sleeping Beauty” certainly grabbed my attention & I absolutely enjoyed reading it. The plot is well-written, entertaining & tantalizingly wicked at times. There are good past & present scene descriptions. The characters are well-developed & interesting with unique personalities.
There is: a princess (Lucy) trying to survive endless nightmares, her despicable father & king (Maleficent), a prince (Aurian) from a
LaShanta Charles
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked the premise of this story. Lucy is essentially trapped in her nightmares and haunted by the wrongs she committed in life. I think the nightmares lent a harrowing feeling to the overall story and they were quite unique.

That said, I didn't like the back and forth. I felt like it detracted from the story instead of making it more intriguing. I didn't like how Lucy let herself be a doormat to everyone and felt like in instances where she did stand up to people fell flat and wasn't
Sydney M Neblett
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wake from the nightmare
This is an amazing dark spin on Sleeping Beauty. Unlike the original story, the father in this tale is evil and out for his own gain no matter who he has to mow over to get it. The poor princess has to survive an endless nightmare where she is not even sure what is real and what is fake at this point. Then you realize that her entire life has been nothing but a nightmare, until she met her prince. Will her prince be able to get there in time? The path to the HEA is fraught
Ramona
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful dark retelling about Sleeping Beauty by Aria Adams in the fairytale series. This is the last one and it has the rollercoaster of feelings like the others. Forewarn you must like dark romances like I do and this was one I couldn't put down till the end. This satisfied my guilty pleasure of dark romance and my hidden childhood of fairytales in one well written story. Lucy our princess who falls in love with Prince Aurian in her dreams who is from a rival kingdom? Is Aurian the ...more
Jackie Moore
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So this one kinda started off confusing. But I have to say there is a reason for it. And the blurb also helps you understand why the story jumps around. I have to say the nightmares in this one were described just like dreams you may actually have. And I like how you find out what the sleeping princess is actually dreaming about. Brings a totally different spin to the sleeping beauty story. I do kinda wish that there were more interactions between the prince and princess. But just like in the ...more
Marika
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's a bit of a strange story, well maybe it's better to say a strange format..Lucy is in a never ending nightmare and can't seem to wake up..it's a bit hard to understand the transitions or if what is happening is real or her dreams.
I kinda got used to it and I have to say it's fascinating!
It's a sleeping beauty retelling and I hope I am not the only one that watched the movie and thought..I wonder if the sleep is dreamless..the author might have had the same thought! Really interesting twist
Mybookscafe
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I honestly didn't know what to expect from this book. This was my first read from this author and it won't be my last. I enjoyed how her writing pulled me in from the very beginning and kept me interested through out.
This book very intriguing and exciting at the same time. It's fresh, unexpected,Every nightmare had me second guessing and that's what I enjoyed the most.
I do recommend that you read this book, because its twisted with goodness and will be worth the read.
K.  Ramjohn
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Eternal Nightmare is a dark retelling of Sleeping Beauty. It is a story about fighting the dark to find love. The story alternates from the present dream state to the past and was descriptive with some unique personalities. It was dark and twisted with plot twists around every corner. Some parts of the story had me a bit confused however the ending was quite fitting. I would recommend this novel to all lovers of Dark romances.
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I was blown away by this. This is not your typical fairy tale and when the author says it's not easy, it really isn't. I got engrossed in the world and the nightmares. I was really pushing for for them to figure it out and be together but there is so much going on and so much backstory that it's not that easy. I was sucked in.
Linda
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader copy, and this my honest and voluntary review.

I'm an Aria Adams fan, and a dark re-telling of Sleeping Beauty was right up her alley! This is not your standard novel. So imaginative, so creative, which is why I enjoyed it so darn much! Ms. Adams, I'm ready for the next dark, fairy-tale re-telling!!! Any time you're ready!!!
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this retelling of Sleeping Beauty. This author always transports you into the story and has you living right alongside of the characters. Lucy is asleep and trapped in endless nightmares, is there a prince that can save her? You get Maleficent, Lucy’s father as the evil king and Aurian the prince. With so many twists and turns this story kept me glued to my kindle. I can’t wait for the next release from this author!!
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow a sky of knives that doesn't fall unless you look at it , this Sleeping beauty retelling made me look for the Caterpillar and Cheshire cat it made me feel like I was on a very vivid trip but wow each nightmare pulled you more into what darkness Lucy is in and made me pull fornher to wake up
Donna
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a harsh, dark twisted version of sleeping beauty. You will be forgiven for thinking you've followed Alice down the rabbit hole as it starts to warp your mind.
It's that hypnotic that you can't look away.
Sleeping beauty has never been this brutal!
Loved it!

• King's Ransom (Ruthless Doms #3)
  • Feyness (Red Order, #1)
  • Humans Must Kneel (Possessive Aliens, #3)
  • Pirates, Passion and Plunder
  • Absolution (Doms of Club Eden, #6)
  • Rutger (Beast Horde #2)
  • Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8)
  • Vendetta: A Dark Mafia Bully Romance
  • Captured (A Suspenseful Gothic Dark Romance) The Rule of Lawes Series Book 1
  • Interstellar Human Petting Zoo (Possessive Aliens, #2)
  • Stolen by the Fae (Fae's Claim #1)
  • Omega Hunter
  • Accidental Shield
  • Demon's Mark: The Complete Series
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • Allure
  • Arranged: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Grape Vine Crew
Aria is an author of dark erotic romance. Her heroes are not always immediately obvious, and neither are the villains. Her books often have elements of horror, and the characters at the end of a story are forever changed by the events that befell them. But she always makes sure there's a happy ending, even if the characters have to work for it.

Aria also writes the warm fuzzy romance stuff as Katie