Start by marking “Terminus (Threshold, #4)” as Want to Read:
Terminus (Threshold, #4)

Terminus

(Threshold #4)

Murdoch’s past has finally come crashing down on him. His former girlfriend. His Family. He’s been happily avoiding them for ages, trying to live something close to a normal life. But now he’s been drawn back into another one of their ludicrous attempts to bring about the end of all things.

Chase has spent the past year just trying to get away. Trying to escape the
Audible Audio, 12 pages
Published January 30th 2020 by Audible Original

To ask other readers questions about Terminus, please sign up.
Curt I would not describe Dead Moon a such a terrible book as others might, but many could not even see the relation between Dead Moon and this series (it…moreI would not describe Dead Moon a such a terrible book as others might, but many could not even see the relation between Dead Moon and this series (it was there but in a subtle way). It is not necessary to read - 14 is really the one that ties most to this book.(less)

Start your review of Terminus (Threshold, #4)
Karen’s Library
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Peter Clines is back with another incredible book in his Threshold world. As I started listening to Terminus, I very quickly realized how very much I had missed this series, and just as important, Ray Porter’s performance of this series.

You really should have read at least 14, and probably The Fold, before reading this one. Especially 14. Dead Moon is also set in this same world but I’m not quite sure how it fits in yet. I wish I would have reread the prior books again before starting Terminus.
J.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
All/Most likes on this review were for my pre-release comments: Terminus - in which Clines makes up for the floater that was Dead Moon?

Review:
Terminus - in which Clines DOES make up for the floater that was Dead Moon. Just the gem I've been needing.

Ray Porter is a national treasure.

My non-PC rant:

A comment on the president and the mention of mansplaining should help the book age like fine milk.

"marriage is an obsolete convention that reduces women to property" ...if you think this you're stupid
Jacob Thornburg
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heck, this was good. This return to the present fits perfectly as a follow-up to 14 and The Fold. I’d say it’s more 14 than The Fold (though I liked The Fold better), but I don’t know how to get more into it without spoilers.

I will say that it’s important that you’ve read/listened to 14 and The Fold before reading/listening to this one. You dont *need* to have read Dead Moon (but it’s also great, and I recommend it), but you need the others for everything to make sense.

If you’re into the

4.5 Stars for Concepts/Details
4 Stars for Characters
4 Stars for Action
5 Stars for Making Me Think

At this point, I've read all of the books in the series at least twice. I love the multi-dimensional chaos, the pop culture references, how variable changes can lead to very different versions of the world/people and the way Clines can pull all the emotional strings by highlighting horror and bravery at the same
FanFiAddict
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 9.0/10

Thanks to the publisher and author for a listening copy of Terminus (Threshold #4) in exchange for an honest review. Receiving this LC did not influence my thoughts or opinions on the novel.

Terminus is cosmic horror at its finest, both on the small scale and the large. A great mix of characters, Lovecraftian mythos, and alternate realities make this a go-to for anyone who has enjoyed the Threshold series up to this point, or even those looking for a creature-feature on more of a
Anima Miejska
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lot better than the previous installment, definitely more in the Threshold mood. And, as previously, a great audio production.
Jim
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Matt Inman
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Peter returns to the Threshold Universe for another adventure. After his last book, Dead Moon, was a bit disappointing, he returns again to the Earth and provides a compelling, fast-paced story that was fun start to finish! Peter keeps you guessing from the get-go as he weaves previous content into new stories and builds on his existing universe. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next!

Merged review:

Woo Miles
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Let me start with this; I have read all of Cline's books (except Dead Moon) to include the Ex-Heroes stories. Generally, I thoroughly enjoy them and look forward to reading them when they are released. I thought 14 and the Fold were great but I think Terminus was a big waste of time. I wanted to give this book as much benefit of the doubt as possible and I was willing to overlook plot-holes and inconsistencies for about 2/3rds of the book, but the third act became so muddled and implausible that ...more
Bradley Valentine
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Boy, this follow up to 14 and THE FOLD has been a loooooooong time coming, right? I know Clines has put last year's odious DEAD MOON as somehow connected to the Threshold series, but I'm calling bullsh/t on that. With acknowledgement of how good Clines is at writing these kinds of books, DM was a baffling failure. One that felt so of the moment (there were several instances that more than a tad pandering to that part of his fan base that might be inclined to hail Clines as an ally and his lead ...more
Kate
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I absolutely loved 14, and I really liked The Fold. I have listened to both many times with no diminished enjoyment. Dead Moon I could barely slog through. I appreciate the author working to incorporate 14, The Fold and Terminus into a cohesive storyline, but for me it didn't feel like it was the original plan, more of something he did because everyone cried for it. The characters were barely developed and only in the most ham-handed fashion (sorry, but having a character constantly only know ...more
Curt
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stuff-i-liked
Now that was a long time coming - what a great dose of Threshold. While I did enjoy Dead Moon from an action perspective, its relationship to the Threshold series was a bit more difficult to recognize, and certainly did not pick up where 14 left off.

Terminus does tie in more directly to 14 and builds on the reference to the Kavach building its purpose and the "family" and the threat they represent. The story does not insult us by directly picking up the story from 14, but develops its own
Jose Cruz
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I this 4th book of the Threshold series we follow Murdoch who can't get away from his Family and his ex-girlfriend Anne who has come back with a new look on life and seeks to accomplish the Families "destiny" of bringing the end of the world, and Chase who is traveling to trying escaping the memories of his life's collapse. Oh, and we have someone from the past books joining the horrific chaos. Fun stuff!

Loved this book very much. It has what we all love about the series; mystery, excitement,
Ole Andreasen
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ole
NOOOOOOoooo!!!

Its over!

Terminus is the perfect wrapping up of "14" and "The fold" Veek is re-intering the Threshold universe... Sorry - Threshold MULTIverse, and its just so great to see her again.
And with Ann from The Fold, and of course the Serifs, the Squales, and The Family Of the Red Death (Ann again) the Story is just funnelling the reader (listener) down the world of our fragile world, with only Nicola Tesslas and Alexander Kotorovichs machine(s) to keep the us safe, Veek and her gang,
Wonderbread
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Terminus is a very good book and reminds me why I enjoyed “14” and “The Fold” so much. Clines is a good story teller and sometimes reminds me of some of my other favorite authors like Michael Crichton and Steven King. His characters are interesting and the story flows well an keeps you engaged until the end.

My only criticism might be the slight overuse of Murphy’s Law towards the end. Part of the fun of books are the twists and turns the plot takes and the obstacles the characters have to
Greg
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
After Dead Moon Rising, a book that's so bad that that there's even spoilers in the title, comes his latest in the Threshold series, closer to a return form. Sure, there's still Clinesian tropes about beautiful women that are constantly ogled but nothing truly cringe inducing. Clines though still seems in a race towards tragedy instead of the slower paced tension of 14 or its successor brilliantly under-marketed sequel, The Fold. Thus begins another round of keeping the earth-consuming alpha ...more
R. Andrew Lamonica
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was skeptical of this offering even though it was from Peter Clines. The last book in the series (Dead Moon) was limited to Audible and Kindle. So, it was basically, "Amazon Exclusive Content" (think Netflix Originals for books). In my opinion this kind of content is rarely as good as things that have to compete in the marketplace and that explained why Dead Moon was not up to par with the previous two installments of the series.

However, even though Terminus seems to be similarly "Exclusive"
Tarik
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Threshold series is an excellent series that is so creative and so well crafted. Author Peter Clines always manages to come up with such unique and inventive ideas that he cleverly weaves into his stories.

I love the concept, I love the story, I love the universe he has created.

I did, however, have some criticisms about this book. my criticisms also stretch out to some of his other books and they are this: It seems lately that towards the end of the last few books he has written (about 65%
Al Spader
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, paranormal, audio
A warming continuation of a vastly interesting universe. Dead Moon and The Fold were stories in this multiverse, but this I the first that feels like a true sequel to 14. The mystery, the terror, and the characters were all strong and made the book more of a survival horror experience than anything. Clines' unique take on weird fiction crossed with up to date science fiction tropes is masterful. I had a blast with all the references to previous books (giving the true multiverse feel) and now ...more
Friday
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
100% improvement over Dead Moon, which seems to have been an excuse to write a Zombie book in a novel location, but to shoe-horn it into the Threshold series to give it a fanbase and improved sales potential.

Not as well done or interesting as 14, which was better than The Fold, I would say that this one is readable, and entertaining, but the best part about it is the potential to breathe new life into the series or world(s), that the ending offered. This one, until the end felt like the series
Matt (TeamRedmon)
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a return to form for Peter Clines and what I craved for a follow-up to 14 and The Fold. I will say nothing about the plot other than I will need to listen to it again to be entirely sure what happened. But in a complex boom with complicated plot lines that's not a bad thing.

Upon first listen it seems that some of the same beats were hit from the first two books (I'm not counting Dead Moon) and I knocked off a star for that slight repetition. Overall, I'm very happy with this book and if
Rakie Keig
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After a number of books that sneak Cthulhu in during the last few chapters (normal-stuff, normal-stuff, SUDDENLY ELDER GODS), it's quite refreshing to read one that is completely upfront about it. From the first chapter, this is a love-letter to Lovecraft (amongst other things - fans of such things will love playing spot-the-reference). As usual, Peter Clines cheerfully pinches ideas and tropes from all over the shop, but does so with such panache and giddy excitement that it's very difficult to ...more
Ryan Rauber
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I picked Peter Clines's "Ex-Heroes" back in the day, because I thought it sounded interesting, a world of superheroes vs zombies. Since then, I've read and enjoyed everything he's written. Terminus is no different, another great sci-fi book that is a sequel of sorts to his book 14. Without revealing too much, the setting in this is a remote island off Madagascar that's not on any maps, and we soon discover that it's not unpopulated.

Peter Clines is one of my favorite authors. If you're a sci-fi
Spencer
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Terminus is sooo much better than Dead Moon, this time Clines returns to form and delivers a proper entry in the Threshold series. Lovecraftian horrors and parallel universes feature heavily in the plot as does many other references to previous books in the series; if you haven’t read any other Threshold books I’d advise you to at least check out 14.

I had a couple of gripes with the pacing and some of the characters motivations but otherwise this was really well written and a lot of fun. Ray
Fleeno
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terminus is the fourth installment in the threshold universe and has been released exclusively on audible, which means another excellent narration by #rayporter The Family Of Blood are on the hunt for something off the coast of Africa and being the Family they are unlikely go be looking for a way to let more kittens into the world.
After the disappointment of Dead Moon I was nervous but Terminus is fabulous. It ties a lot of threads from the previous books together and some favourite characters
Russ
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, lovecraftian
I have really enjoyed every book in the Threshold series so far. This one was no exception. I felt like this one had so many elements from the other books as well like returning characters. The HP Lovecraft themes are one of my favorite themes in media, and I think Clines really captures this in this story.
I listened to the audio book of this one like I did the other three. Ray Porter does an amazing job portraying the characters in these books. I love how you can tell who is talking just by
Ben Newman
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great book from Peter Clines.
The first half didn't generate as much intrigue and mystery as 14 and The Fold, but the second half caught up.

The author has designed his universe to be able to be read independently, however if you haven't read the others, I would reccoment reading 14 or The Fold as they are solid 5/5 fantastic books and provide a better hook for getting into them.

Still a good 4/5 and we'll worth the purchase. If you like Audiobooks, Ray Porter does an amazing job on the
Aneil
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Still think 14 is the best, perhaps because the ideas were brand-new then. This is better than The Fold in some ways, although the pacing was non-stop, and not enough new ideas to warrant stopping to think about what I was reading. I listened to it at 1.5 speed because normal speed was painfully slow, and even at 1.25 speed it wasn’t fast enough because I just wanted to get to the next chapter to see if something compelling would be introduced. Which didn’t happen.

Still, far better than the
Becky
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh Peter. How I love the universes you have created in your 'Threshold' series.

I started off by reading The Fold, then I needed more of his stories and I picked up everything I could find.

This book really brings the previous Threshold novels together into one great world mash-up awesome book.

Again, like my review of his Robinson Crusoe book, I adore his take on Lovecraft-ian mythos.

Thank you Mr. Clines.
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
The action absolutely does not stop with this. I kind of wish I'd re-read 14 and The Fold beforehand, so I'd get some of the science more accurately. I'm also not sure where Dead Moon (which I loved) ties in, because I was expecting for the "bad thing" to be pulled from that. But Clines consistently writes sci-fi I want to read, and Ray Porter is stellar. The tension in this book is palpable. I hope there are more stories in this universe.
« previous 1 3 next »
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Terminus [February 6, 2020] 53 15 Feb 14, 2020 03:48PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please delete duplicate 3 250 Feb 03, 2020 02:52PM

• Alone with the Stars
  • The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
  • Allegiance (Hell Divers #6)
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
  • The Siberian Incident
  • Pile of Bones (The Legends of the First Empire #0.5)
  • Alexander X (Battle For Forever Book 1)
  • The Quantum Garden
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Ancient Among Us (Battle For Forever Book 2)
  • Level Five
  • Sword of Mars (Starship's Mage, #7)
  • Skin After Skin (PsyCop, #8)
  • Agent Bayne (PsyCop, #9)
  • Extinction Code
  • Outland
  • Ambush (Sector 64, #1)
  • Systemic Treachery: Mission 5 (Black Ocean: Astral Prime)
Peter Clines is the author of the genre-blending -14- and the Ex-Heroes series.

He grew up in the Stephen King fallout zone of Maine and--inspired by comic books, Star Wars, and Saturday morning cartoons--started writing at the age of eight with his first epic novel, Lizard Men From The Center of The Earth(unreleased).

He made his first writing sale at age seventeen to a local newspaper, and

Threshold (4 books)
  • 14 (Threshold, #1)
  • The Fold (Threshold, #2)
  • Dead Moon (Threshold, #3)