Start by marking “Rago” as Want to Read:

Rago

Lieutenant Laahn Ĉortez is about to sit down to his well-deserved supper when destiny hits—winged, scaled and more than a little tipsy.

Rago is a fated mates/forced proximity short story, featuring a puffing dragon shifter and a romp in the fencing hall.
ebook
Published December 19th 2019 by The Order Universe

To ask other readers questions about Rago, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rago

Start your review of Rago
☆ Todd
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-the-author

Although this story was only around 28 pages, Kasia once again managed to hit all the right notes in this short fantasy tale.

What happened when a dragon shifter got tipsy, then sensed his fated mate nearby? Well, said mate didn't get to finish his damn dinner, for one thing.

He also might have been called in to de-escalate the situation before everyone ended up in the shit with the big bosses.

This was such a fun story and seeing the distraught dragon immediately calm when his mate finally showed
Judith

"He's recognised his mate,they said"(...)

Well,this was a bit good.

But damn I wanted more.More of them having breakfast.More of the reactions from everyone else.More of the the start of their story.Just more of them.The day this Author writes a full length book will be a happy day because she can tell a story.I mean,seriously tell a story.How many Authors can write a short story and have you hanging on every word.

About 30 pages and just outstanding character development (and one was a dragon
Lorraine Lesar
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a good one for you Urban Street Slangers out there....Rago.
Any idea? Give up? Well let me put you out your misery. Rago = whatever. cool. ok. fuck-it.

And the perfect book title for this glorious, dragonillistic, gigglemuggering, gem of a book. And some may also say, perfect in describing Lieutenant Laahn Cortez’s predicament....
1. WHATEVER = as Laahn is physically pushed into a “Dragons Den” and him thinking, what-will-be-will-be, but WTF!
2. COOL = as Laahn spies the Dragon within
Barbara➰
Happy birthday to me! This little bad boy popped up in my email this morning. Thanks Kasia!

This was a sweet little read with a sexy dragon discovering his mate and a man who wasn't looking but found what he needed.

It had some humor...
"My father warned me the first three months of mating can be taxing. But he also said that shagging twice a day keeps the healer at bay.” “Oh yeah? Mine just taught me not to eat yellow snow,”

And some sweet and sexy moments...
"Perfect. Beautiful. Mine" ~Rago

Cadiva
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just don't know how she does it. I've called her my Queen of the Fantasy Short Story before but I think I'm just gonna start calling her My Queen full stop.

This is an absolute gem of a novella. It manages to pack in a wealth of feeling, of setting, of world-building, of character depth and detail in so few words that I am in awe of it.

Laahn and Rago are just delicious, it's funny, it's sweet, it's got a gloriously sexy love scene which brings all the feels and I want more!

If you love fated
Dia
4,5 stars

This short story was SO engaging! The world building was awesome! I mean, we get a dragon shifter!!!

The main characters are: Lieutenant Laahn Ĉortez and Rago - the puffing dragon.

As in all the other books I've read by Kasia Bacon, here I've enjoyed not only the writing, but also the uniqueness and sweetness of the characters!!

I'm looking forward to reading more from this wonderful author!!
Kasia Bacon
Dec 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me

#forcedproximity #oppossitesattract #fatedmates
Deborah
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rago

I love dragons. I’m a huge fan of this author and fated mates s just the icing on the cake.

So seriously this was always going to be a win for me.

And it was. It’s another fabulous read.
It always amazes me how with so few pages this author creates something special every time. A story with depth. Characters to really care about. And humour. Don’t forget the humour.

I’m left wondering what she could do with more pages. A full length book would be amazing and something to really get lost in.

Jewel
Kasia Bacon had me at "dragon shifter". I have a HUGE dragon shifter fetish, so how could I pass this story up? HOW? That's right, it was a must read and, as usual, Kasia Bacon blows it out of the water park. Fated Mates stories are so delicious, and Rago is like a favorite snack.

"...shagging twice a day keeps the healer at bay."

Lieutenant Ĉortezis sitting down to a long overdue meal, when a ruckus and a nervous Quartermaster prompts him to head to the fencing hall to calm down a dragon, of
Bev
Another shortie totally nailed by the Queen of Shorties but damn, I wanted MORE.

Love how this author manages to squeeze such perfect character and world building along with a great story into so few pages, and she does this consistently. Every single time, without fail.

Loved it
Len Evans Jr
Ms. Bacon has once again left me overjoyed with another new story from her "Order Universe" series.
I have come to love and look forward to every moment she allows us another peek into this incredible world she has created. This one is packed full of naughty and nice and as usual left me wanting a whole lot more!
Ariana
Lovely as always. Captivating and entertaining.

Kasia Bacon charms with yet another story from the Order universe. I loved the idea of the dragon shifter and the connection of fated mates.

Shame that this one is particularly short (hence the lower rating). I could have easily read a trilogy about these two!
Eugenia
Adorable fated mates!

Sweet and angst-free fated mates story. We see the two meet, sleep, and saucily wake each other up in the morn. Total standalone and perfect for a lunchtime treat!

My rec: sure! Why not? It’s only 42 pages with a bit of steam for draconian fun!
Karla
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet and cute! Wished it was longer though. ...more
Rachel
5 Stars

Aww...this was my first read of 2020 and it was adorable. Sweet, sexy, funny--pure comfort read. Fated mates are my catnip and this story tickles all my fancies!!!

I would love to see more stories featuring this darling duo!!
Ky
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A dragon shifter and his fated mate find each other and the dragon's reaction is something else!

Rago is a standalone short story set in the magical world that Kasia Bacon has created for her characters.

The gorgeous cover just invites you to see what hides behind it and the story inside doesn't disappoint.

I wouldn't say no to a few more pages chapters of this story and that's my only niggle.

Recommended!

*An ARC of this book was kindly provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
A drunk dragon shifter causing chaos.
Mate revelations.
A satisfying morning after.
A seemingly bright future on the horizon.
All things that make this short worth a read.

This author just knows how to put enough in a short amount of pages that keeps a reader satisfied yet has them yearning for more lol.
Renée
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
So cute!
~nikki the recovering book addict
Too short!!

Omg.... this little nugget was way way way too short. How does Kasia Bacon do it? Suck you in with so few words!

I wish it were longer. I wish we learned more about dragon shifters. I wish we learned more about where they both were and what were they doing there??? I want more!!
Elena
5 sweet, drunk dragon stars! :)

Kasia really knows how to deliver, even in such a short story :)

Rago has just enough character building (even in less than 20 p!) to like both MCs and there's sexy time aplenty ;)

Both Rago, the dragon-shifter Sergeant, and Laahn, the army Lieutenant, are adorable and I simply loved their 'romp in the fencing hall'. Even in such a short read we can see the protectiveness, jealousy and all the warm feelings growing between those two and it's hard not to smile all the
Elena

On paper, this short story should have been perfect for me. In reality, it was too insta-everything (by the way, for it to be considered a defining aspect of a story, forced proximity should last more than half a minute) and I didn’t feel the chemistry between the MCs.
On the plus side, the shifter part was well done and Rago showing off for his mate while in dragon form was cute.
Lisazj1
Adorable and as always, waaayyyyy too short. *sigh* I'd love to have more of this couple in the future. Just like all the rest, LOL.
Alisa
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anyone who knows me knows my two favorite things are dragon shifters and fated mates stories. Since the author knows me and adores me, I'm pretty sure she wrote this just for me. (seems legit to me )

This is a short story about a shifter who finds his mate when he least expects it. The story was a bit funny, a bit sweet and a lot entertaining.

I love how much story this author is always able to pack in to her short tales. I highly recommend this and all of her other stories also.
Sara
I am forming a theory about Kasia Bacon and how well she writes fantasy and that theory is that she dabbles in her own type of magic. She has to! How else can you explain how she has become the Queen of short fiction fantasy and how she can pull you in immediately to a story, have you experience a wide range of emotion and feel almost a bit let down that the story ended if you weren’t so damned satisfied with the few pages you just read. It’s magic I tell you and I am under her spell.

I am a
Carol Flores
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I seriously don’t know how Kasia can write such beautiful, heart-warming, fantasy short stories, but man, she always leaves me craving for more! I was so excited when she announced her new book, that as soon as it was available, I had to buy my copy. And, as usual, Kasia did not disappoint me one bit.

Rago is a sweet, sexy romance between Lieutenant Laahn Ĉortez and Sergeant Rago Eerik, the latter is a shape shifter that can transform into a water dragon, and you know how crazy I am about
Achim
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5
It's obvious Kasia Bacon is a master of short stories. Alhough this one is a short short story there is everything there what makes a real story and not only a teaser for more. Okay, could have been a bit more Rago but it's a cute tale and the only issue at the end: I'm hungry or more but I start to believe Ms. Bacon doesn't do novellas.
monika
I’m flushed and I’m giggling like a teenager. It was truly adorkable
Probably the funniest, the sweetest short story in the Order Universe.
I want mooooore!! And yes, I want them to appear in another Order story! I want to read about them mating properly *cough* in EVERY detail and I’m not ashamed of admitting this
And I want another Order story ASAP!
Denise H.
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A magnificent dragon finds his mate !

This is a fantastic short story ! There is only one being that can calm the roaring, smoking, green dragon, Rago. That is Captain Laahn, who is a superb fencing master. Sergeant Rago has just shown his shifting ability and let’s Laahn know they are fated mates.

Wonderful, humorous, thrilling.
Enjoy !

=====
Virginia Cavanillas

Once again I’m astonished by how Kasia tells a full, complete story in such a short length. And everything in Rago is so well balanced and perfect... it’s also the more sexually explicit in The Order Series and it was a delight to read.

I loved:

-The dragon even before he was on page. How? Who knows, it’s Kasia. Black magic probably.

-The first dialogues between human and dragon: funny as hell.

-The wonderful prose, as usual.

-The way Kasia concibes the fated mates: it’s something like... you’re
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I LOVED this story. It had a little bit of everything--from humor to heat!

We jump right into the action with a drunk, hiccupping dragon in need of his mate. He wants his man!

The dynamic between Rago and Laahn was so sweet and sexy. They huffed and puffed and cuddled. :D

More please. I want more.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Bitter Pill (PsyCop, #11)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • A Villain for Christmas
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Straight as a Wheel: Smoke Valley MC (Sex & Mayhem, #11)
  • When Death Frees the Devil (Death and the Devil, #3)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Feralsong (Green Creek #3.5)
  • Daddy's Forbidden Room
  • I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)
A linguist and an avid reader with a particular fondness for fantasy and paranormal genres, KASIA BACON lives in London with her husband. When not tearing her hair out over a translating project, she writes stories about the shenanigans of emotionally constipated assassins and sexy Elves. Otherwise, she can be found shaking her loins at a Zumba class, binging on anime or admiring throwing knives ...more