Start by marking “MAX ABADDON AND THE WILL: A Max Abaddon Urban Fantasy Novel” as Want to Read:
MAX ABADDON AND THE WILL: A Max Abaddon Urban Fantasy Novel

MAX ABADDON AND THE WILL: A Max Abaddon Urban Fantasy Novel

(Max Abaddon #1)

The first novel in the thrilling new urban fantasy adventure series Max Abaddon, by Justin S. Leslie.

An unambitious, unemployed bachelor with a penchant for drinking, Max Abaddon inherits an extraordinary gift from his recently deceased grandfather. Now a young hero with new magical powers, Max must embrace his calling and help this hidden world in its war with a murdero
Published December 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about MAX ABADDON AND THE WILL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MAX ABADDON AND THE WILL

Start your review of MAX ABADDON AND THE WILL: A Max Abaddon Urban Fantasy Novel
☕️Kimberly
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2020
Luke Daniels does a lot of readings on his Facebook/Instagram feeds, and I have discovered some really cool urban fantasy and science fiction series through him.

In Max Abaddon and the Will, we travel to sunny Florida, where we meet Max Abaddon before his thirtieth birthday. Unemployed after leaving the military, Max is hungover and at a crossroads in his life when he receives a call that his grandfather has bequeathed him something.

That something turns out to be a home with unusual secrets and a
Carole (Carole's Random Life)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this audiobook! This book first popped on my radar when a friend reviewed it on her blog and I thought it sounded like something that I would really enjoy. When the opportunity to review a copy of the book myself presented itself, I didn't hesitate for even a moment. I liked this book from the start and found it to be a fun initial installment in a very promising series.

Max is nearing his 30th birthday and he is abou
C.T. Phipps
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Max Abaddon gets the mother of all inheritances when he receives the message that his grandfather has died, magic is real, and he's got the chance to become part of something greater than himself but it comes with people trying to kill him. Max is bewildered at the start of his journey but rapidly comes to understand his situation. I really enjoyed the world-building here and Max gradually coming to discover the hidden reality underneath our day to day one. I also enjoyed the unique blend of Flo ...more
Jenny P
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
FINALLY, A SMART URBAN FANTASY! If he puts out more in this series (more to follow on that as I see book 2 already listed on here) as this is his first, it will be epic!

A few things first. I am giving this book five stars based off what I just read on the authors blog. Or it would be closer to 4-4.5ish…... He is having Luke Daniels narrate this book and with that getting a needed “re-edit”. Luke does the Iron Druid as well as a few others. He is one of the best. My only issue is the slight need
Todd
Sep 24, 2020 rated it liked it
In this world mages start developing their power at age 30. Max is about a week away from his 30th birthday when he is summoned for a reading of his grandfather's will.
Turns out Max is from a line of mages and is about to come into his own.
Not a bad story overall but in major need of editing. I mean I really don't need to read page long descriptions of every single character that makes an appearance. Also roughly the first half of the book is more detailed than needed descriptions of everythi
Andrew Gibbs
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just wow

If your a lover of urban fantasy then get your fix right Justin grabs you from the first page and keeps you enthralled all the way through.
A great book and a great author can't wait for more
Gill
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read. Fantasy with a different twist.
Will definitely look out for the the next one.
John McDonnell
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly entertaining. Humour sprinkled in liberal amounts. I enjoy this genre of story. I look forward to the next.
Steve Short
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nice intro to a new UF series

This story is everything that you’d expect from a UF novel. So on that basis I throughly enjoyed the plot and storyline.

I knocked one star off the review because the author spent a lot of time world building that seemed a bit overkill. It could have been exposed to the reader across the books in the series. This meant the plot was a little slow to start with.

5*S for the audible version. Luke Daniels is a fantastic narrator and really brings the book to life.
Debra Jeakins
Apr 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MAX ABADDON AND THE WILL BY JUSTIN LESLIE is the first in the Max Abaddon series. Max is an unemployed, almost thirty year old just out of the military with no job, no wife and very little hope left, when he gets notified that his grandfather is possibly dead and his lawyer wants to see Max. Max with nothing to do goes and finds grandfather's will is not what Max could even imagine what it would be,neither is his lawyer.
Max has just found out that when he turns thirty he will inherit magical po
Coco.V
Nov 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 Max Abaddon Series (2 book series) is FREE on Amazon today (11/19/2020)! 🎁
Jim Alvey
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great book. Loved the start to this new series. Max Abaddon is a great character and look forward reading more of his adventures.
Aleksandra
Nov 03, 2020 rated it liked it
What I liked: story itself is an interesting one! Something is happening all the time, even in the shower! Lots of interesting characters!
What I didn’t like: conversations! Especially when people started explaining things to Max! Omg! A whole paragraphs of slamming information and then he nods and that is it. Really? Sometimes it took me several reads of the same paragraphs to starry maybe understanding and memorizing all that info. Like- whaaat did he just say? And too much skipping from one to
Markus Matthews
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A blend of familiar themes

As I read Max Abaddon and the Will it reminded me of Tomb Raider, CSI, and maybe a dash of Harry Potter.

The plot is Max’s grandfather has been missing and is declared dead. Max finds out that magic is real and joins a group that is out to prevent the misuse of magic. Max comes into his powers on his 30th birthday and helps the team stop a powerful artifact from falling into the wrong hands.

The early part of the story, with the missing and presumed dead relative, remind
Louise
Jun 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Holy Descriptors Batman!

This was an interesting book. The story is a bit like a coming of age type thing (yer a wizard, Harry!) Except the dude is 30. The story is man finds out magic is real, he's magic, shenanigans ensue. First problem is, it needs an editor. Like REALLY needs one. Second, descriptions! All the descriptions. All of them. I think about 50% of this book is descriptions and 50% story, but they seem so out of place. Want to know what the weird room the MC has found himself in, sm
Trish R.
Feb 07, 2021 rated it liked it
Jeez, why do authors think it's so great to have a hero drinking all the time? Is it to take up space? Find something else.

This book was kinda' boring and Max was kinda' silly at times. This book was a learning book for him, since he didn't know anything about himself until his 30th re-birthday. The best part of this story was Petro, his friend the pixie.

Even though I didn't like this very much I had already bought books one and two so I'll see what book 2 is about.

No sex and no F-bombs.

As to
Niall Hegarty
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Star struck

What can I say this title popped up on my Facebook wall so I took a chance an got it. When it was downloaded I started to read it fearing the worse but wanted to give it a chance, an I was hooked can’t wait to read more from this author the first an hopefully many more to come in the max abbadon sands series.
Karen Levis
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent New Author

I really enjoyed this first offering from author Justin Leslie. As a constant reader and a fan of the urban fantasy genre, Max is a great new addition to the gang. I can't wait until the next book comes out in August!
DebbieH
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this book. Found it on a Facebook Page with a few others. If you enjoy Urban Fantasy this will be right up your alley. Hope to see more, as this looks to be book one of a new series. Max the main character is great however I found Phil and Petro stole the show at times.
Djcolgan
May 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Has potential

The storyline is reasonable and some of the characters are good but the jump from nothing to a power player wasn’t credible.
Rebecca Towne
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the humor mixed with action. Max is a great character. I was hooked early and look forward to more from this author.
Tina Leslie
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Great read, story kept me entertained till the end!
Michelle
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly entertaining start to a series

This was a well paced and enjoyable urban fantasy. Max is in a bit of a rut when his life takes a turn and he discovers magic and supernaturals are real. Book 1 creates a fantastic world and while it resolves the current mystery, it leaves a lot of unanswered questions. I just hope they get answered in the next book. Luke Daniels is a phenomenal narrator and is always a great listen.
adam Lincoln
May 30, 2021 rated it it was ok
Interesting premise

The writing is pretty good until the characters open their mouths. The conversation is all over the place and people except things no matter how crazy almost instantly. The conversation then Veers from topic to topic without finish what it started on. It’s like the author wants to get 800 pages of book in 200 pages.
Dantegideon
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is one of those books where they write as if commas are a luxury item. Which makes it sound in a monotone in my head.
Jenn
Jan 27, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ku, magic, fantasy, own
***Free on Amazon 1/27/2021***
Mark (and Melissa) Goodrich
Mar 22, 2021
John B
Feb 08, 2021
Karen Hayes
rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2020
Morten Olesen
Apr 20, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• I’m Glad You’re Dead (The Preternatural Chronicles, #1)
  • Savage
  • Those Wonderful Toys (The Preternatural Chronicles, #7)
  • Dawn and Quartered (The Preternatural Chronicles, #2)
  • Druid Master (Colin McCool #12)
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Preternatural Chronicles, #3)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Mouth of Madness (The Preternatural Chronicles, #4)
  • Game of the Wolf (The Hexecutioner #1)
  • Cinders & Salt (Echoes of Ventlight #1)
  • Dravincia (The Dimensional Wars #1)
  • He Who Fights with Monsters: A LitRPG Adventure (He Who Fights with Monsters, #1)
  • Trinity (Feathers and Fire, #9)
  • Blood is Thicker (Montague & Strong Case Files #3)
  • Full Moon Howl (Montague & Strong Case Files #2)
  • Austin Wyrd
  • Fallen Reign (Sins of the Father Book 1)
  • Shade Cursed (The Shadow Changeling #1)

Max Abaddon (2 books)