Start by marking “The Mystery Puzzle: Visits the Neighborhood” as Want to Read:

The Mystery Puzzle: Visits the Neighborhood

Mystical and magical- The Mystery Puzzle appears to children when they need it most by connecting its pieces to show picture clues that help children solve and better understand their feelings.

In this story, Liam has moved to a new neighborhood. He left behind his old house, his old school, and his old friends. It has been hard for Liam to make new friends, and this make
Published November 30th 2019 by 9781734343700

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery Puzzle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery Puzzle

Start your review of The Mystery Puzzle: Visits the Neighborhood
Lail
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
by Tina Marie Young
What a creative and fun story! Liam’s family has moved into a new house leaving behind his old house, school, and all his friends. He’s feeling lonely and sad when a magical puzzle piece appears in his room on his desk. Everyday more of the puzzle appears showing him things he has seen in his neighborhood and on his way to school. The Mystery Puzzle continues to help Liam notice things around him so he doesn’t feel so lost or sad. I
Patricia King
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Mystery Puzzle
Tina Marie Young, author

As a debut book for Ms. Young, she tackles a lesson for all children to learn when facing new challenges and situations. What a sweet story using a puzzle to illustrate that change is not necessarily a negative. Even adults can learn from this lesson in life. Embrace change and grow with the new beginnings and dynamics that surrounds you.
Ruth Salmador-Rey Baraibar
Beautifully written !! Read it with my niece and we both loved it !!!!!
Marina Leonard
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It would be a great story for any child to read.
Kim Ann
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Engaging Story

I really enjoyed the story of the mystery puzzle. The puzzle appears when children need the most guidance and helps them figure out the whole picture. Fun story can’t see wait to see where the mystery puzzle will take us next.
Barbara Ann
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Young’s first book in the series features a boy named Liam who has just moved into a new house. Liam has a smaller bedroom and his school is nearby. As Luis prepares for bed, he notices a single puzzle piece of a sun that appears stuck to his desk. The next day he heads off for school. He feels left out because he doesn’t have friends yet.
Each day the puzzle in his room grows. How will the puzzle change Liam? What makes the puzzle change?

This book series was developed with the intention of using
Tamara Rittershaus
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Mystery Puzzle Piece is a story of looking beyond the surface and seeing with the heart. My daughter and I enjoyed the budding friendship and way the children learned to care for each other in a non-judgemental way.

Recommended for children ages 5-8.
Maya Karthik
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is all about Liam trying to get used to his new lifestyle with the Mystery Puzzle's help. It is a very interesting way to teach us children that trying new things doesn't have to be scary; it can be exciting too. The story is outstanding with life like illustrations. I would recommend this book to all children. I am sure they will enjoy reading this book as it is mixed with a magical mystery and real life situations 🙂 ❤❤❤❤❤
moxieBK
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Mystery Puzzle; Visits the neighborhood [Kindle Unlimited] — Tina Marie Young (picture book) June 26, 2020

A very different and intriguing picture book. The story is a very early detective/paranormal story.

I loved it! The story was very unique for this age group. The plot drew me in and the illustrations were great.

Formatting for a tablet was very good.

Both adults and young kids will really like this book.

Four stars.
Lisa Ferland
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book about transitions

It’s not easy to move to a new house and start at a new school. The mystery puzzle piece shows up on Liam’s desk and helps him make important connections about friendship and empathy.
Emma Price
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing

How would you feel if you had to move to a new house, go to a new school, and make new friends? Do you think you would be afraid, nervous, or anxious?

Read this magical story, My Mystery Puzzle, and see how Liam learns to conquer his fears when his family moves to a new neighborhood.
Hayley Nystrom
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New in Town

The Mystery Puzzle Visits the Neighborhood is a great book for kids who are going through a move. They’ll learn about making new friends and facing the unknown. A cute story with matching illustrations.
Nikki Long
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super cool

First my son Liam loves it.. hints the characters name in the book! I like how mom was explaining and encouraging!
Then to find the puzzle pieces added that much more to the story! Love it! My kids even giggled a few times.
Rachel Ellyn
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A delightfully illustrated clever story about moving, change, and making new friends.
Lyn Rose
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A lovely, imaginative story to help children believe for better days when they are facing a hard time or change of circumstances.
Stacy
Alexis
Aug 29, 2020
Mar 27, 2020
Tina
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jackie
Denise
added it
Apr 18, 2020

• If My Nose Could Talk
  • Punk the Skunk Learns to Say Sorry: A picture book about empathy, forgiveness, and saying you're sorry. For kids ages 3-7, preschool to 2nd grade. (Punk and Friends Learn Social Skills 1)
  • My Magical Dreams (The Magic of Me Series Book 3)
  • Kindness Gets A Thumbs Up!: A story that teaches kids how to be kind (Dot The Dog Book 1)
  • Unicorn Jazz Eye See You: Choosing Kindness
  • Goldy the Puppy and the Missing Socks
  • Cami, Wyatt and Kindness Too: A children's activity book about compassion (Cami Kangaroo and Wyatt Too)
  • A Unicorn Ate My Homework: and other imaginative possibilities
  • Let's go on a hike!
  • Telling Time with Papa Bear
  • Cami and Wyatt Practice Patience (Cami Kangaroo and Wyatt Too Book 4)
  • Love Lottery: Our Little Welcomed Wish Come True
  • Henry's New Glasses
  • Ruby the Rainbow Witch: Meet the Amber Fairies
  • Curious Sara questions everything
  • Diggy the Dog Explores Friendship
  • Pete the Cat's Train Trip
  • Along the Tapajós
Hello- My name is Tina Marie Young. I am the author of The Mystery Puzzle Series and live in Southern California. I spend a lot of time by the seashore collecting sea glass and marveling in the beauty our world has to offer.

When I was young, I traveled to many states and countries, realizing how big and breathtaking our world is. This travel helped me to visualize all that surrounded me and have

News & Interviews