Start by marking “Daughter of the Moon (Tales of Inthya, #5)” as Want to Read:
Daughter of the Moon (Tales of Inthya, #5)

Daughter of the Moon

(Tales of Inthya #5)

Four months ago, Netheia Isinthi failed to take her father’s throne from her older sister. After refusing to publicly support the new empress, she is banished to Ieflaria’s capital city, Birsgen, where she anticipates a long and uneventful exile.

Klavida of Nalova is a student at the university established by Princess Esofi for the study of magic. She has come from the far
ebook
Published November 9th 2020 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Daughter of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughter of the Moon

Start your review of Daughter of the Moon (Tales of Inthya, #5)
Lex Kent
This was an entertaining read. While this isn’t my favorite book of the series, I love this series as a whole and am completely addicted to it. I can’t believe that this is book 5 already and I hope there are many more to come. This book is tied into book 4, and other past books, so I would not recommend starting here. If this series peaks your interest then I would actually suggest that you read book 2, Daughter of the Sun, first. It is one of the best books in the series and a great way to sta ...more
MZ
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series just keeps on giving, the worldbuilding, the characters, gods and goddesses, and dragons, I’m a fan! What I enjoyed about this book is that one of the mains is actually the bad guy (girl) from the fourth book, who you start rooting for. While she’s is a truly horrible person in the beginning, she changes gradually with some frustrating setbacks and even in the end she is still a bit of a work in progress (as well as the romance between her and Klavida) and I liked that decision.

In th
AnnMaree Of Oz
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this series of fantasy books with sapphic undertones. I really highly recommend reading them all, to understand the over-reaching arcs (and some overlapping characters) presented.

I was surprised to find out who this installment was going to be centred around, and Netheia is a protagonist you love to hate. But there is also something endearing and almost naive about her. She's spoiled and entitled, but at the same time you see that a lot of it is down to how she had been raised in such a
XR
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Colleen Corgel
Nov 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, fantasy, lgbt
This is essentially a continuation of the last book, The Empress of Xytae, in which we mostly follow Netheia Isinthi the fallen second daughter of Xytae. She's childish, rude, and arrogant, but still harbors a deeper secret that perhaps makes it harder for her to change. When she is exiled to the kingdom Ieflaria where she is to remain in the capital city of Birsgen. She's bored and uncomfortable with the new culture that she wants no part of until she meets the mage, Klavida of Nalova. Klavida ...more
Sophie
Daughter of the Moon, you are a beautiful thing. This series is stunning, I am in love. The Tales of Inthya books have changed my whole perspective on companion series. When I went to read book two and saw it was following different characters than book one I was wary, I have never enjoyed being proved wrong so much. Daughter of the Moon (#5) stars Princess Nethia of Xytae, who we know from the previous instalment, a fervent supporter of Reygmadra the war goddess; and Klavida of Nalova (a countr ...more
Christian
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even though I haven’t read the previous books before this one (and surely I’m going to read them after this), still I didn’t have difficulties to appreciate and follow the flow of this book.
The story was very interesting, and now I’m so intrigued with regards to the first four books. It was well written and it kept me captivated until the end. I like how the the story developed and how the MCs interacted with each other. I love how the MCs feelings evolved and progressed slowly towards one anoth
Matilda
Nov 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I was so excited to read this one! Calvin's books have become my go-to fantasy light reads. I hadn't expected, starting the first book, to discover how much I had been missing not reading LGBTQ+ romances and universes. And if this one didn't hold all the promises I'd hoped it would, it still had me reading it in one sitting, and enjoying the loveliness, silliness and complexity of the characters, romance and universe.

I had been disappointed with the previous book, the relationship between the tw
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Daughter of the Moon is captivating and fantasy filled. First, I can't believe this is book five! (It seems I have some reading to do). It's well written and pulls you in right away. It works as a stand alone just fine, but it definitely makes you want to go back to book one! Netheia is strong and hard-headed, but you can't help but want to see her find happiness. (Who doesn't hope for a good redemption story)? I won't tell you if she gets her happy ending - you'll have to enjoy the story first ...more
Bonn Karla
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I think you're in the middle of becoming who you're meant to be. You're not finished yet." - Klavida

This 5th installment, unlike the others, is a direct sequel of the 4th book.
Here we're to see the journey of Netheia, the antagonist on the previous book, towards redemption.

Klavida is great addition to this world. Her character and circumstance are a complete opposite, yet it works.
The gods/goddesses are also being more involved, and I'd love to see that part of this universe too (I think the a
Phoebe
Effie Calvin takes us on an intriguing trip of opposites in Daughter of the Moon. I think this is how Netheia would describe her new world in exile, except leave out the word “intriguing” and insert vexing (laugh). Nothing about this country is to Netheia’s tastes, but then it represents everything she is not. Calvin then takes us on a voyage of self-discovery which is extremely uncomfortable for Netheia.

Whereas Klavida is embracing the knowledge and looking for more. In a desperate search for a
Karen
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. My only problem was that the previous novel was so many books ago that I had forgotten much about Netheia and her family. Fortunately, as I read, I recalled more and more of the situation and characters in the Xytan Empire.

I was really intrigued to see how Netheia would handle life as an exile in Ieflaria. No one trusts her, and behaviors she thought were normal are seen as dangerous and malicious. It’s culture shock for her, and for the other main character, Klavidia, who
Rubba Qakka
Nov 22, 2020 rated it liked it
definitely not the strongest entry in the series. (that honour goes to book 2)

However, still competently executed.
More interesting is the moving pieces of the world and more hints of the over-arching plotline (plus Gods stuff).

Honestly feels like this book was written just to fill the plot gap between 4-6 and getting ready for the 'real thing'.

No mistake though, it is still competently written and one will not experience displeasure when reading this.

If you've read the series so far, there i
Nhan Phan
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More Inthya? Yes please!

I have followed the book series since the beginning and have been caught up on the interesting world building - there was no way I can skip The latest installment. Honestly, the subplot of the goddesses alone kept me coming back for more as it’s so poignant in its tragedy. As always, the characters are all written quiet well - though I’m still getting used to the idea of dragons - and more importantly - make logical decisions! You can easily finish the book in one go, goo
Lily Heathcote
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Just as an individual story and as part of a series. You can really tell the meta plot is coming to a climax, and spreading it over the whole series has really shown off how finely crafted it all is.

But the two PoV characters were a really great choice, both with interesting relationships to important gods, each other, and the previous books.
Kelly Moreno Mills
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my GOD I was so excited for book 5 to come out. I read the other 4 over quarantine, and had 3 other friends read as well. I tell everyone I can about this series, I love it so much.
This book in particular held a lot of weight with me. No spoilers, but the ending (like all the others) made me choke up. I’m so excited for the next in the series, and I’ll spend some time rereading again.
Frances
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just how far will Netheia go to appease her god and will she overthrow her sister from the throne that she has always know was hers? Can love change you. These are some of the answers Netheia will discover in this story. This was a good book I would recommend it
Steph
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lesbians and dragons, what more could you want?

I hate when I finish a book by Effie Calvin. I can't wait to find out more about the characters we've met so far and what exactly is going on with the gods.
Bitterblue
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ff
I really wish Netheia had been made to learn (view spoiler). Oh well. ...more
Purcell
Jan 19, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fluffy, wonderful.
veralovesbooks
Possibly my favourite out of the whole series! Ah-mazing!!!!
Alison
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
loved it. what a good way to start 2021
Purcell
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Delightful. gods I love these books! There's something about the ending that is also just perfect. ...more
Lin
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Like always coming back to Inthya is a really nice escape. I always get a cute f/f couple and piece by piece the big picture in the series is coming together and I can wait to know what it will be.
Rebecca
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 5-stars
This book was so great! One of my favorites in this series. I just really enjoyed the characters and the obstacles they had to face.

Netheia was so, so angry at the world and everyone in the start of the book, and I was really intrigued that we were going to get her perspective in this book after what went down in the previous one. From the start I really enjoyed reading from her perspective, and as I got further into the book, I started to like her more and more too. I loved seeing her growth.

K
Nov 16, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hotel Queens
  • Too Good to be True
  • Iron Heart (Crier's War, #2)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Burn Our Bodies Down
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 5
  • Girls Made of Snow and Glass
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 4
  • The Mortician's Daughter (Death Singer, #1)
  • In the Shadow of Darkness
  • Two to Tangle
  • Mutual Benefits
  • Finding Jessica Lambert
  • Wrong Number, Right Woman
Effie is a human being who spends her days writing books and taking pictures of her cat and being a librarian.

She especially likes writing (and reading!) stories about fantasy worlds where LGBTQ people aren't just tolerated, they're openly embraced and seen as equals.

Tales of Inthya (5 books)
  • The Queen of Ieflaria (Tales of Inthya, #1)
  • Daughter of the Sun (Tales of Inthya, #2)
  • The Queen of Rhodia (Tales of Inthya #3)
  • The Empress of Xytae (Tales of Inthya, #4)

News & Interviews