Start by marking “You're The One” as Want to Read:

Hot. Flirty. Romantic.

It all started as pretend…

My best friend, and one of the most powerful men in New York, needed my help.

Our first kiss was unexpected—but it still made my skin sizzle, my knees go weak.

The next one was in front of his tight-knit family. We had to be convincing. But it was so wicked hot, it almost convinced me too.

On our first night together, he told
314 pages
Expected publication: February 4th 2020

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Feb 04, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win 1 of 3 paperbacks!

It all starts as pretend…
    My best friend, and one of the most powerful men in New York, needs my help.
    Our

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 1035 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 19 - Feb 06, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about You're The One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You're The One

Start your review of You're The One
    Sharon
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Well written a good friends to lovers story that covers all the bases. The couple are believable so is the story! I am a great fan of Layla Hagen who appears to have good insight into this genre no matter how much or how little angst and drama her books always leave me wanting to read the next one post haste. I received an ARC in return for an honest review and I encourage you to read this as soon as possible For me 5 Stars is my rating.
    Lynn
    Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    5* Not Fake Marriage Stars

Layla is one of my favourite authors and I was so excited to begin a new series in the lives of the Winchesters family, their cousin Hunter and his best friend Josie.

Hunter and Josie have been best friends since school and both of them have been hiding their feelings for each other in a civil way. Everything changes when Hunter, who is a British Citizen, finds out that his visa will not be renewed and his only hope of staying in America, where he is a highly successful
    Kris
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This romance is so sweet. My heart just melted. My absolute favorite from Layla Hagen. You jump right into the story from the start. I was completely immersed in the book from the very beginning.

Hunter is the absolute sweetest, most romantic, gorgeous, sexy character I’ve ever read. He was just waiting for the right person to come into his life.

Josie is his best friend. A beautiful, intelligent woman. Successful lawyer and all around good person.

Hunter is British but he has been in the country
    Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
    Layla Hagen once again starts of a new series with a bang. Another great family that the readers are going to instantly fall in love with. Best friends for 15 years Hunter and Josie have hidden their real feelings for each other and it is not until Hunter's green card comes into play that the chemistry flys of the page. But can a marriage based on convenience get past the immigration board? From the very first chapter to the last page in the book I was captivated with the interactions between ...more
    Angie McGuire
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Amazing!!! This new series is going to be awesome. The set up for the first book in a new series I'm sure is tough. You have to introduce there primary characters, but you also have to set up future characters as well. This see m author was suburb in doing both.

Hunter and Josie are best friends and have been since high school, but he needs her now more than ever. I loved the background, and the current situation and an insight into the future. I voluntarily reviewed this book from the author.
    B.
    Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Hunter And Josie's Journey Is So Much More Than A Fake Marriage Story. Everything Is At Stake From The Very Beginning, So Their Journey Is Emotional And Tense.

This book is the first in a New York-based series about the Winchester family. Here the family is introduced, beginning with a close cousin.

Powerful and headstrong Hunter Caldwell, thirty-two, owns one of the largest real estate development companies in country. The Caldwell name is famous in New York. While Hunter's professional success
    * A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 4 Can This Be Real Stars ~

When it comes to family saga’s, Layla Hagen knows how to deliver!!

Layla is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything she writes. I always look forward to her books. You’re the One was no different….another family to fall in love with.

You’re the One is the first book in Layla’s newest series. This series will follow the Winchester family and their cousin Hunter. I thought this was an enjoyable read. This was fun,
    Babel
    Good romance and sizzling chemistry. I love every book that pops out of this author's fingers because the stories make me feel great. This new series is set in New York and introduces new characters who have captured my interest right away.

The couple? Best friends who ignite into explosive lovers when in the face of a legal threat. Their forever friendship is bullet-proof, so when Hunter asks for a special favour, Josie feels compelled to save him. And the passion is like a torrent of desire
    JLS
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I love Layla Hagen's books! She has never disappointed and this book is no exception.
    This book is the start of a new series. We meet the Winchesters and their cousin, Hunter, and his best friend, Josie. You immediately fall in the work their family dynamic, the teasing, the joking around, harassing and the evident love they have for each other.
    Hunter and Josie has been best friends for 15 years. She used to have a crush on him but she's no longer a teenager.
    Hunter is a successful businessman
    Nicole
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Lisa Broadman
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I LOVE Layla Hagen books! She writes GREAT families where you get invested in everyone and want to know everyone’s story. You’re the One is the start of a new series about the Winchester family and their cousin Hunter and his best friend Josie. Hunter and Josie have been BFFs for years and never had romantic feelings for one another. Hunter runs into some trouble and needs a pretty big favor from Josie and she helps him out. In the process of helping him, they both begin to look at each other in ...more
    Brigitte
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    You're The One is a classic example that best friends can have the best romantic relationship.

As friends, Hunter and Josie know each other well. When Hunter finds himself in a bit of a tight spot, Josie readily offers her help despite the legal implications. Their plan looks solid until they realise that there is so much more to their friendship. They start to learn new things about each other, and feelings run deep. Will they risk their friendship for a chance at a Happily Ever After?

This story
    Lisa
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I do not know where to start with Hunter and Josie except to say WOW. This couple is hot. Their friends to lover’s story is an amazing trip of discovering the other side of their best friend’s relationship, that includes falling in love and they find that the best relationships include friendship. This couple would not have found their way if not for Hunter’s immigration status which is where their conflict arises. Trusting their feelings is difficult for both of them. they may not have found ...more
    Becky
    Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Don't they say you should marry your best friend? That is exactly what Hunter and Josie do. Unfortunately, they didn't marry because they were in love, but for a chance to fix a problem. A best friends to lover's romance, this was so sweet. Josie is independent, hardworking, and smart. A creative lawyer willing to go above and beyond to fix something. Hunter is an alpha, determined, persuasive, and flirtatious man. He works hard for what he wants and isn't afraid to take chances to get it. You ...more
    Ana
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Lynn
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I love how Layla Hagen writes a book! You're the one is another page turner. And the start to another great series! Hunter and Josie give you all the feels. Best friends for 15 years when Hunter turns to Josie for help! He needs to her fake he his wife!

Wow- what a story! I fell in love with Josie and Hunter and the Winchesters! Layla Hagen always writes great families who make you laugh and appreciate what real supportive relationships look like!

Hunter and Josie go into their fake relationship
    Ashley Gayhart-Hampton
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I have been a fan favorite of Layla Hagen since well... forever. Her writing literally tilts my axis, and realigns with the affirmation of what a story is supposed to be.
    You're The One was a wonderful story. It was different than her usual MO, but great nonetheless. This friends to lover's romance story was written with so much love, it would have been impossible not to feel it. The dialogue is that of what great friends to becoming lovers is all about. It was witty and trusting, loyal to core.
    Diana Reeves
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Hunter and Josie met at school in their teen years. When Josie was being bullied by some classmates, Hunter stepped in as her protector and they’ve been friends ever since.
    Both seemed to spend all their time working or at charity events. Neither of them dated anyone seriously and seemed content to be alone. Josie had a crush on Hunter and he had moments when he fantasized about Josie but neither wanted to cross the line and possibly ruin their friendship.
    Hunter had been in the US since he was
    Stacie Christensen
    Hot. Flirty. Romantic.

It all started as pretend…

My best friend, and one of the most powerful men in New York, needed my help.

On our first night together, he told me that I had to keep us both in check, because he didn’t know how to keep the lines from blurring…

He touched me like I was
    Sharon
    Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This story reminded me of one my favorite movies when I was young. It’s not exactly the same but I love the storyline and how relatable it can be to some people.
    With this book we’re meeting a new set of family/characters that will touch our hearts as we read their story and get to know them one by one.
    So for Ms Hagen’s fans, meet Hunter & Josie. Bestfriends for 15 years until an unexpected circumstance in Hunter’s life led them to go from bestfriends to engage to married to finally
    Valerie
    Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I received this as an arc. Layla Hagen always knows how to put a smile on my face. No one knows you better than your best friend, right? Hunter is every woman's dream. He knew Josie so well that he knew what she needed and how to please her and boy did he please her. He definitely knows how to make a gal happy which makes him easy to love. So of course when he proposed to Josie, she said yes! Josie is such a great loyal, selfless gal. When her best friend/secret crush faced a scary dilemma that ...more
    Elena
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc
    *Swoon* As Josie herself realised at some stage: nothing is better for a wife and husband than being best friends. Of course their story started 15 years ago and for all those years they have been only friends. Granted, he found her gorgeous and the feeling was mutual but they never shared it with each other and kept the feeling locked down for the sake of their friendship. But oh when they cross that boundary forced by the circumstances it’s game on!

I liked that this book showed two people who
    Luz Dukes
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    You’re The One by Layla Hagen has become my one! This story is such a steamy slow burn! I loved every minute of reading it! I couldn’t put the beautiful story of Hunter and Josie down.
    Josie is a young lawyer with a longtime crush on her best friend. Josie’s best friend, Hunter is a handsome, broody New York business man with the hots for his best friend. When Hunter enlist Josie’s help, what started out as pretend might now love.
    I have not read a book by Layla that I didn’t absolutely find
    Traveling Bookworm
    Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Hunter and Josie are best friends. Hunter was born in England but came over when he was just 4. His Visa is expiring and not to be renewed. The quickest way to a green card is to get married. He and Josie decided to get married for 3 years to make the marriage believable. At their first kiss, they both knew they felt so much more than friends but neither of them didn't want to ruin the friendship, so they kept their feelings to themselves. During the honeymoon, things escalated but both told ...more
    Lenzi Robertson
    Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Maggie2u
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Layla Hagen has done it again. I think we have a new start to a wonderful new series. Hunter and Josie's story was a page turner and I literally couldn't put it down. At one point in their story, I was in tears because of what they were going through. Any book that can make me feel what the characters are feeling, is a TEN in my book. The entire Caldwell family was a hoot and I can't wait for their stories to be told. This is one of those books you want to continue reading to see what happens ...more
    Mayra Uribe
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I am fortunate enough to be on the ARC for this amazing author. I am in love with all her characters. This new book by Layla is going to keep you flipping pages and wanting more. Hunter and Josie’s story was so captivating, to be in love for so long and not wanting for things to change was what kept them from being with each other for so long. But the perfect opportunity came and they took it. I loved how easy it was for them, how blur the lines became when they just let themselves feel it ...more
    Mary L.
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I received this book through ARC to read and review. I am such a fan of Layla Hagen's writing and this one did not disappoint. This story read like poetry to me. It was like a wonderful tribute to a couple of friends to lovers and showed how the ground work for a beautiful and lasting relationship begins with friendship and then is nurtured slowly and with respect into love. The author pays close attention to how family, history, determination, and respect for those we start liking can bloom ...more
    JustALady
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    After the Bennett’s and the Connor’s I was a bit worried. I fell in love with them so much I wasn’t sure how I would feel about this new series. But I want to put any fears to rest. Hunter and Josie were fabulous to read about. They have great chemistry just as all of the characters did in the other books I have read from Layla Hagen.

I also liked how Hunter and Josie had been friends for so long. It shows that sometimes love is right there in front of you. Waiting for you to see it.

I
    « previous 1 3 next »

• Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
    • The Lineup
    • Boss's Baby: A Fake Fiance Romance
    • Release
    • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
    • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
    • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
    • Twice as Sexy (Sexy #2)
    • Marrying My Billionaire Boss
    • Dirty Husband (Dirty Rich #3)
    • The Virgin Gift
    • One Blissful Night (West Sisters #3)
    • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy Book 3)
    • Wait for Me
    • In the Unlikely Event
    • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
    • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
    • Diary of a Bad Boy
    Welcome! My name is Layla Hagen and I am a Contemporary Romance author.

I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later.

I write romantic stories and can’t wait to share them with the world.

And I drink coffee. Lots of it, in case the photo didn’t make it obvious enough ;)