Start by marking “Strictly Love” as Want to Read:
Strictly Love

Strictly Love

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  179 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Guilty feet have got plenty of rhythm …

Kick off your shoes and snuggle up with this warm and witty new novel from the author of the bestselling Pastures New

Lawyer Emily promised her late father that she'd devote her life to good causes. So how comes she spends her days defending Z-listers, desperate to prolong their 15 minutes of fame?

Katie is obsessed with being the perfe
Published 2008 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Strictly Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strictly Love

Maree Repa
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this very long book. Had alot to different stories in it. About 2 lots of 2bedt friends who end up together. Great for the romance readers alike.
Kerry Kirkpatrick
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Light hearted dance fun!
Leah
Aug 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2009
Strictly Love is Julia Williams’ second novel and folllows Emily, Katie, Mark and Rob. Emily is a lawyer who wated to devote her life to good causes so how come she’s defending zedlebrities (Julia’s word, not mine)? Katie wants to be the perfect wife – trouble is her husband, Charlie, is away a lot. Mark has just split up with his wife and is wondering if he’ll ever find love again and Rob, happy-go-lucky Rob is hiding a terrible tragedy. A dance class brings them together and they re-invent the ...more
Colleen
Jan 27, 2011 rated it liked it
This book alternated between being annoying and being fantastic to being just plain average. I didn't feel the connection between any of the characters in the book and I hated that they all seemed to get random bouts of IDIOCY.
They never stayed mad for long enough unless what they were mad about was pathetic. Things seemed to pop out of no where then cause chaos. Things seemed to pop out of no where and make things magically right. A lot of it served absolutely NO point at all, in my opinion and
Mina Singh
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good book, nothing out of the ordinary or surprising, but a nice pleasant read. Strictly Love follows the story of four individuals: Emily, Katie, Rob and Mark. Each has their own share of problems and troubles; however, they all meet a weekly dance lesson. And through this meeting we begin to learn a bit more about each of these characters. Emily and Katie are friends and Rob and Mark are friends. Katie is in a no-future relationship with unreliable Callum, and does not especially enjoy her job ...more
Raven R.
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
I was in a horrible mood when I started this book and it did not help my mood.

So, it was a good enough book. The writing it great, the characters were all believable.. except that they were maybe a little too nice,. I mean your wife cheated on you, your husbands gay, the girl you liked is helping this crazy bitch ruin your reputation, that's shit I would never ever forgive but these people get over it in a matter of seconds. It kept me engaged, I stayed up late last night to find out what the h
Marcy
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thunder thighs!

I am a big fan of Strictly Come Dancing, so i was attracted to this book Strictly Love tells the story of a year in the life of four 30 somethings, all unhappy with how their life is panning out and decide to take up dancing classes for a bit of escapism. I really enjoyed Strictly Love and it was very easy to get lost in the story line I was able to sit down and to get into it. It’s well worth a read particularly if you love dancing, like me !!
Danielle Bade
Mar 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I must admit I found this book a bit boring and the characters annoying. At times I really wanted to just shout at them and tell them to get on with it. A bit predictable in parts as well. However it was an easy and quick read. Not the best book I have read, but not the worst, sort of middle of the road.
Rukhsar (rukhimonster)
This book started off really exciting. I would read pages to pull me out of a state of boredom. It was the perfect study break read. But it quickly turned into a before bed read. I would barely get through 10 pages before getting bored and tired.
I'm finally done though and am rather pleased with how the story ended.
Emma
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Emma by: Library
I got this book from the library as I wanted to read it when I saw it in a book shop and from the blurb I thought it would be a really good read, however in the end I found that this book wasn't my cup of tea.
Tara
Apr 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I picked this book up for around 99p, and I wasn't disappointed. It was typical chick lit, but it did keep me amused for a while. I'd reccomend this for anyone looking for an easy read, and to get a bit of a smile.
Mhargreaves
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it
A good one for the Christmas hols, because I didn't have to think about it a great deal. Very cheesy but even I had a tear in my eye at the end.

If like me you like to escape reality for a while, where everyone and everything is perfect, this is the book.
Alexandra
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, chicklit
Quite often I wanted to bash the "couples'" heads together. I found this book long and tedious and frustrating. Not the best chicklet out there that's for sure. I gave it two stars because it did have moments of great writing and some unexpected twists but overall it was just too long and tedious.
Fiona
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable "girly" summer holiday novel
Julie Sanderson
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
The general life of a lawyer! The lesson that not all is what it seems at first glance.
Naomi Jones
Oct 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
it was a nice wholesome book and I enjoyed reading it. however I do feel that had the individual characters stories been set out more in the style of Marian Keyes it may have made a better read.
Julie
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really liked this book, easy read with a couple of interesting twists
Anne
Nov 11, 2009 rated it liked it
A really enjoyable light read in the Jill Mansell style that didn't ask too much of me through a tough week at work. Really like her writing, and her stories have a welcome touch of originality.
Jenni
Feb 26, 2012 rated it liked it
An enjoyable read though I'd worked out the key to the resolution of one of the storylines very early on so got frustrated that the characters kept missing the clues that were there.
Amanda
May 05, 2016
Caroline
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, setting-uk
Re-read before sending it off to the charity shop.

2.5 rounded up.
Lindsay
Jan 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • An Eligible Bachelor
  • Country Pursuits (Churchminster #1)
  • All You Need is Love
  • Over You
  • Confessions of a Reluctant Recessionista
  • Class (Maggie Adair #1)
  • Out of the Blue
  • Little Miracles
  • Getting Mad, Getting Even
  • Vets in Love (Talyton St George, #6)
  • Songbird
  • The Accidental Proposal (Ed & Dan, #3)
  • Once upon a Christmas