Start by marking “THE UMBRELLA MURDERS an enthralling crime mystery full of twists (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries Book 7)” as Want to Read:

A DETECTIVE WHO’S NO ANGEL DESPITE HIS NAME.

Discover a gripping series of murder mysteries set in south Yorkshire.

MEET DETECTIVE INSPECTOR MICHAEL ANGEL. AN OLD-SCHOOL POLICEMAN WHO SOMETIMES RUBS HIS COLLEAGUES UP THE WRONG WAY. HE’S GOT HIS FLAWS, BUT HE NEVER GIVES UP ON A CASE.

Please note this book was first published as “THE UMBRELLA MAN.”

“Effortlessly blends
Published December 5th 2019 by Joffe Books thrillers and mysteries

Be the first to ask a question about THE UMBRELLA MURDERS an enthralling crime mystery full of twists

Start your review of THE UMBRELLA MURDERS an enthralling crime mystery full of twists (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries Book 7)
elizabeth mcguire
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the curmudgeon detective Angel. His cutting comments just tickle me, we obviously have the same sense of humour. Together with the young Indian trainee not understanding. My grandaughter in law is foreign and she doesn't understand leg pulling.
The story was fascinating and the umbrellas had me stumped for some time. Wonderful writing. I am onto the 3rd in the series and enjoying each one as the characters blossom and the stories unfold little by little.
JOHN EBLEN
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read

If, like me, you enjoy reading mysteries I suggest you try this book. Mr.Silverado is a new author for me. I have just purchased another of his books. I read this book over a 2 day period and thoroughly it.
Kathryn L. Loewenstein
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
My head was spinning

What a story! Really had me guessing with all the twists and turns. Like all the characters and what an entertaining read. The author tied it all up in a neat package.
Beth
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner

I love the Inspector Angel books. The Umbrella Murders is no exception. The characters are very believable and the mysteries will keep you guessing. I love Angel’s sayings. I highly recommend this book. I can’t wait to read the next one!
Mr Kenneth L Mullen
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

Another great story by Roger featuring Inspector Angel and the rest of his team.A great quirky character who has his own methods but always gets his man. More please.
Jacqui Stapleton
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

I enjoy the Sarcastic wit of Angel even though in the early books he annoyed me with his treatment of Ahmed. Overall a good read.
Mary Lynne Arthun
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Just okay

I didn't care for the protagonist. I found very little suspense in the story. The figures were cardboard and unappealing.
Geraldine Czahor
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
GC

This was the first time I have read a book by this author and I really enjoyed it. Will be reading more of his stories.
Carolann Hiller
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Surprise

All clues lead to one person of interest. But Angel thinks it's too pat. While looking for other suspects, Inspector Angel has a new murder to solve besides. Good read!
Helge Hansen
Jan 19, 2020
Eileen
Jan 07, 2020
ROBERT H. POWELL
rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2020
eileen dow
Jan 30, 2020
christine ann allen
Feb 02, 2020

• The Gallows Green Killer (DI Jack Dawes Series #4)
  • The Shetland Killer (DI Jack Dawes Series #3)
  • The Bluebell Killer (DI Jack Dawes Series #2)
  • Murder in Disguise
  • The Greek Island Killer (DI Jack Dawes Series #1)
  • THE SHIPPING MURDER an addictive crime mystery full of twists (Eric Ward Mystery Book 6)
  • KILLING CHRISTMAS an absolutely addictive crime thriller with a huge twist (Detective Mike Nash Thriller Book 4)
  • SLASH KILLER an absolutely addictive crime thriller with a huge twist (Detective Mike Nash Thriller Book 5)
  • THE LAVENDER LADY a one-off spooky mystery full of twists
  • RANDOM TARGETS a crime thriller you won’t want to put down (Detective Jeff Temple Book 3)
  • Depth of Despair (DI Mike Nash #1)
  • Vanish without Trace
  • DYING WISH a crime thriller you won’t want to put down (Detective Jeff Temple Book 4)
  • THE GEORDIE MURDER an addictive crime mystery full of twists (Eric Ward Mystery Book 5)
  • The Body in the Ditch (DI Tremayne Thriller Series Book 8)
  • The Truth About Murder
  • SILENT GRAVE a gripping mystery with a huge twist (DETECTIVE MIA HARVEY THRILLERS Book 3)
  • Playing with Fire
The Yorkshire author writes crime stories about Detective Inspector Michael Angel who lives a fairly happy existence with his wife Mary in the town of Bromersley in South Yorkshire.