Start by marking “Set Up (Taking Chances #1)” as Want to Read:
Set Up (Taking Chances #1)

Set Up (Taking Chances #1)

Book one of Taking Chances, a standalone series.

Theres nothing wrong with being single.
Im not a woman scorned.
Theres no heartbreak Im recovering from.
I just enjoy not having to answer to anyone and doing what I want when I want.
Unfortunately, my two wonderful best friends think the opposite and decide to meddle.
Just because theyre both happily taken, they believe I

To ask other readers questions about Set Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Set Up

Start your review of Set Up (Taking Chances #1)
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
-Sara, ☆☆☆☆

There is nothing wrong with being single and Brooklyn is happy living the single life but when her meddling friends sign her up for speed dating she is the least pleased. After a few duds and a couple maybes she meets her yes!! Nathan is the total package - hot, rich and of course with baggage.

Speed dating is not something Nathan wanted but he was also set up by a friend. Nathan has no time for a relationship, hes too busy with his company but agrees for his friend. He meets Brooklyn
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Brooklyn is happy being single. She's happy with herself and with her life the way it is. But her friends have the idea that they want her with a man, so signing her up for speed dating seems like a good idea...to them that is! But when she meets Nathan maybe she's not so upset at her friends any longer. Unfortunately the man is as hot and cold as a broken thermostat.

Nathan has issues with trust and unfortunately Brooklyn is the one who will suffer because of his issues. And I wanted to
Cee Cee Houston
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set Up is the first book in the Taking Chances series by TC Matson, its also my first read by this author and it certainly wont be the last. She has a lot of books for me to catch up on. But, on to Set Up.
The premise is Nathan and Brooklyn are set up on a speed dating evening by their best respective friends. Aimee and Shyla arranged Brooklyns date experience and Cody took care of Nathans.
These friends all think they know whats best for their buddy, and it leads to Brooklyn being forced to
Kari Hansen
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brooklyn has a job she likes, great friends and is happy with her life and doesnt need the complication of a man however her friends feel differently and before she knows what happened she is about to experience an evening of speed dating whether she wants to or not.

Nathan and Brooklyn could be twins when it comes to relationships and he too has been set up by a well-meaning friend. Expecting it to be an evening he would just have to endure he is surprised by his attraction to Brooklyn however
Andi Isack
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first read from this author but it definitely won't be the last. I had a great time reading this one. Her writing is so easy, enthusiastic and entertaining to read.
Lee-anna Dunk
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Author T.C. Matson and I freakin loved it ! . Do you have any pesky best friends who love you whole heartedly but interfere with your personal life to the extent of signing you up to a speed dating sight ? . No ? Well Brooklyn does . Aimee and Shyla forge Brooklyn's signature and sign her up to a speed dating night she wants to kill them but she knows they only have her best interests at heart. So reluctantly she goes and five minutes after being there she ...more
CeeJay Daisy
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
♥🌼🔥NATHAN AND BROOKLYN ARE SET UP...MORE THAN ONCE..♥🌼🔥
SET UP is book one in TC Matsons Taking Chances Series, and its an excellent start to this series about three friends...My only real criticism is the book wasnt long enough, and I was sad when it was over...♥🌼🔥
So, Brooklyn Anderson is a smart, feisty, sweet pharmacy technician who hasnt been laid in 11 months....What? Its a bfd....Her friends, Shyla and Aimee, decide to help and set her up for speed dating...3 hours + 5 minute breaks = 30
Jenifer Briggs
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading this author, and it definitely won't be the last!! I adore hilarious rom-coms and this book had all of the right elements of one, plus all the emotions!!!

Brooklyn is set up by her two best girl friends to go speed dating, and she makes a solid connection with one of the guys almost right away. From the get go their attraction just leaps off the page, and their hilarious banter always had me cracking up! Even though she catches the eye of two other men, she has her
Amanda Hash
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was such a highly entertaining, uber cute read! It had a very "Sex and the City"ish vibe to me, with great characters and plenty of sparks (and drama) to keep me turning the pages as fast as I could. Brooklyn and Nathan had the ultimate meet-cute story, and I was hooked on this book from the beginning.

Granted, there were many times I wanted to strangle Nathan, but that just made him seem even more real to me-- because seriously, men can be a special kind of dense sometimes. I loved that
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st in a new series and what an amazing tale this is. Brooklyn is happy with her life as it is but hr 2 best friends who are in long term relationships are not convinced and sign her up for speed dating. Nathan is a busy man and has no time for relationships, and his best friends also signs him up. The chemistry between these two is off the charts, but will they take a chance on each other. This is a well written story which is humorous and entertaining, which all had me totally ...more
Melissa
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First time reading from this author and I got to say I loved it. I will definitely be reading more from her.

This book will drive you a bit crazy with the back and forth between the characters but It would be worth it.
I love the main characters and their friends.

Nathan & (spitfire) aka Brooklyn share a chemistry that's off the charts, hot. But also comes with insecurities and trust issues.
Nathan is a CEO, he's hot. Single Not looking for love. He's also smart loving loyal. Scared to open up
Sara Oxton
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Set Up by T.C. Matson a five-star read that you would happily want set up with. What starts with a speed dating event ends in so much more, so, so much more. I love this story, Brooklyn Aimee and Shyla just have this great bond; you can imagine yourself alongside them at dinner each week or sat watching them with envy as they just have this bond that transcends the page. But they are not the main story, the boys get that honour and I wont reveal which man steals a heart, which steals time and ...more
Tiffany
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is funny rom com that is a Must Read!!! Brooklyn is 'Set Up' by her 2 best friends to an eventful evening of speed dating, which by Brooklyn's account...."It's a damn bachelor buffet. All you can eat men with different side dishes. I'm not hungry." is But her friends are taken and they want her to find happiness too. Will Brooklyn pick up a fork and dine or leave the doggy bags for someone else to deal with??? Follow the ups and downs and aftermath that entails after her speed dating ...more
Messy Bun Book Blog
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhh man. I can tell that this is going to become a favorite series of mine. T.C. drew me in from the first word. She created some amazing characters and I just loved them.
Brooklyn & Nathan have immediate chemistry and just when you think that it'll be an easy HEA things happen and they both have to learn how to trust each other. These two just brought out all the feels in me.
There was just so much to love about this book!
Brittany
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Set up is my first TC Matson book and the first in the Taking Chances Series. Its witty and steamy and sparks start flying between Brooklyn and Nathan from the moment they meet. I loved watching these two get together. Even though there were moments where I wanted to slap some sense into Nathan I really enjoyed his character.
Cant wait to read the next in the Taking Chances Series and more for TC Matson.

I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Konny
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set Up by T.C. Matson is book one in the Taking Chances Series. Set Up is a stand-alone romance novel.
Meet Brooklyn. S's single for some time and her friends decided to bring her back in the game. Aka set her up for speed dating.
Nathan is a man who keeps his identity a secret, his emotions close to his chest. He's all Mr. Big Wig Corporeal - I'm sooo important - and as you can see I really really didn't like his character. He's hot then cold, lets her hang in the wind, you get the picture.
Ok,
Michaela Zankl
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg I love this book! I can do much relate to this book it's scary. Brooklyn is like my twin with two meddling best friends that want her to get rocked under the sheets after a drought. Their answer....speed dating. Not enthusiastic about it Brooklyn agrees and that's when she meets Nathan. Sparks fly instantly but Nathan has trust issues due to being burned too much. As a successful businessman most women are only interested in his money, but not Brooklyn. He keeps too many secrets and their ...more
Patti Correa
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book was so funny! Speed dating, such a great set up to a wonderful story of falling for the perfectly wrong guy. With all of the back and forth and the secondary characters playing a huge role in the actual set up, this book had me laughing. As I got to the end, I wanted so much more. This is my first read from this author, but I will definitely be going back for more.
Cynthia Carpenter
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nathan and Brooklyn take from one emotional high to the next. It's sweet, has some laugh out loud moments and some intense scenes that will pull at your heart and make your eyes fill with tears. It pulls you in from the very start and don't let go till the very end. Amazing read that had me wanting more and more. Can't wait to read what she next.
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brooklyn is truly happy to be single, and in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with that since I feel the same way. However, her friends don't think that she should be alone, so they sign her up for speed dating (never understood the nonsense of speed dating but they mean well), and she's absolutely not happy. Three men are left standing (2 of which who are interested in her but her not so much in them), making it quickly apparent which one she can see herself with, (and no I'm not naming names) ...more
Tammi
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fun story!
I love TC Matson's books and was overly excited for a new series. I get new friends in a new world and I love it.
Nathan and Brooklyn met under funny circumstances because of meddling friends. They had an instant attraction and I wanted them together. BUT Nathan frustrated me by being a dumb man. He nearly ruined them twice by making snap judgments about her based on HIS past. I LOVED that she was strong enough to say "Screw You! I deserve better" and walked away, even though it
Bookish
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A super entertaining, fun read about what goes wrong (or right) when you trust your friends to set you up. But not just on a date but a speed dating event. You won't want to miss this story of disaster dating at it's finest with plenty of chemistry.
We Like them Dark Book Blog
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it

World Of Books 65
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I got to the end of this book and just wanted the 2nd book in the series to start right away that's how good the first story in this new series was!

Set Up = Speed Dating = an organized social activity in which people seeking romantic relationships have a series of short conversations with potential partners in order to determine whether there is mutual interest.

Poor Brooklyn she is happy to be single she really is but her friends Shyla and Aimee both in long term relationships deem it is time
Christy Ray
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, adult, 2020
I think what I love most about reading a book by T.C. Matson is that she has a way bringing your emotions to the surface. You are emotionally connected to characters and they tend to stay with you even after you have finished the book. Set Up is no exception. I was captured from the first page and enjoyed the story until the very last page.

Brooklyn and Nathan come from such different backgrounds, but the way they meet put them on the same level. I will admit I was a bit jealous of Brooklyns
Spunky N Sassy
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome Book

This book was funny, sexy, and definitely worth the read. I was really excited about this book and I cant wait for the next one!
Michele Del Rey
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really good book. I enjoyed the characters and chemistry. Great story, could not put down.
Ellie Jean
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Set Up kept me reading until the end in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.
There were laugh out loud moments, parts I could see me and my besties saying and doing and drama that could easily happen to any of us. I loved how Brooklyn was her own woman and was able to focus on her life without needing a man. But the romantic scenes made me swoon.
There's so much more to Nathan and Brooklyn's relationship and the other men she met at the speed dating night. TC has magically captured everyone's
Ammy Myers
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I love TC Matson books. She writes a story that just sucks you in, and makes you want to be a part of the story. She writes with absolute passion, and you can tell just how much she loves and believes in her characters.

I'm this book you will find several laugh out loud moments, and then several moments where you just want to jump in and strangle someone. I enjoyed this book so much, and can't wait for the next two.

I would definitely recommend this book for all readers, but especially for the
Kylee
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Set Up is the first book in the Taking Chances series and believe me, this book is definitely worth taking a chance on. Brooklyn and Nathan are two people who are happy in their lives and have no wish for a relationship. However with meddling friends what you want and what you get are two different things. When these two are signed up for speed dating by their friends, the chemistry is electric but can they let their guard down and risk taking a chance. Nathan and Brooklyns story is captivating, ...more

• The Wrong/Right Man
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Hate You (Not)
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • The Trade
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Private Pilot
  • Shameless With Him (Less Than, #3)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Every Little Thing (The Ink Well Chronicles, #4)
  • Fool Me Once
  • Beautiful Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy #2)
  • Breathless
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Unbidden (Brighton Academy #1)
  • Long Lost
Dreaming in RealityYou dream in reality when you pick up a book and get lost in it. In my writing, I strive to take you to a place where reality and fantasy become a blurry line. Everything should be relatable. It could happencouldnt it? ~ TC Matson

TC Matson loves to let her characters voices be heard. With a head full of stories, she puts her keyboard through a beating daily. With an