Start by marking “Dangerous Desires (Killer Instincts #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Desires (Killer Instincts #1)

Dangerous Desires

(Killer Instincts #1)

Homicide Detective Jake Quinn is haunted by the one
Published January 27th 2020 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Amara)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Desires

Start your review of Dangerous Desires (Killer Instincts #1)
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Love the story with some suspense, a hottie, and some sweet lovin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There’s just something about a hot cop that makes me have to read a story. And when you add in some suspense and romance then I’m definitely in my happy place.

Jake is just a sweetheart and has always had a soft spot for Emma. I love the way that he was so protective and sweet with her. I just wish he would have broke the rules and got a little bit sexier early on in the story.

The suspense was not over the top
Robyn
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Emma Sloane is finally ready to get her life back on track after the death of her fiance three years ago. Finally, when she is ready to step out of her comfort zone and fulfill her dreams, Emma is randomly attacked outside of her apartment building. But, was it random after all? When women resembling Emma start turning up dead, Homicide Detective Jake Quinn is determined to keep Emma safe. He has never forgiven himself for not being able to solve the case of Emma’s murdered fiance. But, he is ...more
Anita
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

This is a great forbidden romance with a mystery as a side dish. I really would have liked it if the mystery/suspense had been punched up more. As a forbidden romance, the H/h did a fair job of holding their passions in check, but where is the fun in that? Great characters, good plot and an enjoyable read.

Emma Sloane has let her friend enroll her on a dating app. Three years
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Emma's finally decided she's ready to move on from her fiancé's death three years ago when she's attacked. Enter Detective Jake Quinn, the detective who worked her fiancé's case and is on her new case. She didn't count on the attraction to flare, and when she is in such close proximity to him after he moves her in to protect her, she's finally starting to see how good her life can be. But Jake's hiding things from her, he's told her he can't give her what she needs, and there's still the
Cathy Skendrovich
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Dangerous Desires was a great read! I loved how I couldn't figure out who the killer was until it was revealed. I had my suspicions, but Ms. Altieri kept me guessing, especially with all the red herrings thrown out along the way.

I enjoyed Jake as a hero. He's the whole package. Handsome, humorous, and of course, drop dead gorgeous. I liked that his past had some things in it that he wasn't proud of; I don't enjoy perfect characters, so it
Michelle
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-netgalley
Love romantic suspense stories and this one was great!
Emma Sloane is still trying to get her life back together after the death of her fiance 3 years prior. He was killed in a hit and run and the person responsible was never found. Emma is attacked outside her home and who shows up while she's at the station to report then Homicide Detective Jake Quinn. The very person who worked the unsolved case of her fiance. Jake felt an attraction to Emma while working on that case and it's all still there.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three years ago Emma Sloane's life was turned upside down when she lost her fiance, and it has taken every bit of those three years for her to move passed it. She is just now started to feel comfortable in her own skin again, and has even considered to start dating again. But there is someone in her life who doesn't want her to move on, they want to settle a score, and they have their sights set on her.

Good thing she has a strong, determined, caring and oh so handsome detective watching out for
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up

Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Dangerous Desires from Dawn A
I receive this book from the author for an honest review.
I saw an author I love sharing the sign up for an ARC copy of this book. I looked the blurb over and thought this looked like a great read. I knew the author who was sharing the sign up writes amazing stories, so I jumped. I
NICUnurse Stephanie
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dawn Altieri is a new-to-me author, but I’m a huge romantic suspense lover, and I’m always on the hunt for fresh meat…I mean new authors that I really like their books! Sometimes, these new-to-me authors are a hit. Aaaaaaand sometimes, unfortunately, they are a miss. I’m happy to report that, for me, Dangerous Desires definitely falls under the “hit” category!

Homicide detective Jake Quinn is obsessed with the one case he’s never been able to close. When Emma Sloane is attacked in broad daylight,
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Title: Dangerous Desires
Series: n/a
Stand alone: yes
Author: Dawn Altieri
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Blurb: Three years after Emma Sloane's wealthy fiance's mysterious death, she's finally ready to move on and pursue her own dreams. But her plans are derailed when she's attacked outside her New York City apartment in what she thinks is a random violent incident. Then other women who look just like her start turning up dead...

Homicide Detective Jake Quinn is haunted by the one case he couldn't solve.
Jen
This was a good, solid romantic suspense novel. Emma and Jake are both enjoyable characters, as are many of the half dozen or so peripheral players. The mystery evolves at a reasonable pace, but doesn't manage to at all keep up with the relationship developing between these two. Even with repeated warnings from themselves and others, they pretty much just proceed full-speed ahead into things, both physical and emotional. It definitely seems to compromise the judgment of both on several key ...more
Hannah
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
ARC REVIEW

Killer Instincts #1, To me the book was okay, there was nothing really wrong with it but I had a hard time keeping my attention focused on the book. I liked the characters okay and the story was interesting enough, even if it was really predictable. I do enjoy the bodyguard trope and the whole forbidden romance that goes with it but this one missed the mark with me.

Three years ago Emma lost her fiance to a hit and run accident and they never caught the person, now Emma is trying to
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do believe that romantic suspense is my favorite trope, as it always provides me with a great excuse to drop f-bombs loudly, and that's truly my happy place. Dangerous Desires is the story of Emma Sloane, who lost her fiance too early in life, and his murder was never solved. It's been 3 years, and she used every minute of those years to get past the pain, which isn't gone, just actually manageable now. Life starts to get complicated when she's attacked, which she believes is totally random ...more
Sara - Curvy Constellation
This is my first read by Dawn Altieri and I am always so excited to read something by a new author to me. It’s like getting a fresh perspective. This book was awesome. There is just something about a Detective being the hero in a romance book. They get me every time. I love a good romantic thriller read. Its steamy, keeps my heart pumping and keeps the pages turning. Emma Sloane is sweet, shy and just trying her best to move on from the death of her fiancé. No matter that it’s been 3 years, she ...more
Angel Hatfield
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Emma fought the urge to laugh at her coworker and best friend Lauren who she met with after leaving the office of McMillion Investments. They followed their Monday night ritual: did a little shopping, a little man watching and stopped at the gourmet beverage booth where Lauren was currently harassing Emma over her non-existent love life. Lauren made the dating thing look easy. Lauren was outgoing and confident, she knew how to go after what she wanted. Emma hadn’t figured that out yet. Three ...more
Linda
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Talk about a hot cop! Detective Jake Quinn is everything you want in a hero – a dedicated homicide detective, albeit one with a reputation of being able to control his emotions. One emotion he has never been able to get ever is his immediate attraction to Emma – the fiancée of hit and run accident that he was not able to solve 3 years ago.
A slew of murders bring Emma and Jake back together. Attacked the same night as a murder, the victim bearing an uncanny resemblance with a macabre message
Page Turners
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have not read many suspense romance books. It never sparked my interest but this book
has changed all that. These characters were well written and the mystery held my attention
like a fine Sherlock Holmes whodunit. There was a sweet romance wrapped up behind all
this secrecy. Jake was the detective when Emma's husband was killed and he knew after
meeting her that there was something drawing him to her. Unfortunately, it was the wrong
moment. Time has passed and yet again Jake is drawn back to
Sharon Grow
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Emma Sloane is still trying to get her life back after the death of her fiancé three years ago. Justin was killed by a hit and run driver with no arrest made in his death. Emma is attacked outside her home and luckily her neighbor scares the attacker away. When women who look like Emma are murdered, the police believe that she was the original target. Homicide Detective Jake Quinn assisted with the investigation in to Justin’s death and is now in charge of Emma’s case. He has been attracted to ...more
Alicia
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel by Dawn Altieri. It was a great mix of suspense and romance.
The writing was great. Their chemistry was great and their banter fun.

Emma Sloane lost her fiance three years in a hit and run accident. She' moving on with her life when she finds herself attacked in what she thinks is a random incident. Until other women who look just like her start turning up dead.

Jake Quinn is haunted by the one case he couldn't solve. When he is assigned to a high profile murder case
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romaine
Three years after her fiance's death Emma decided to move forward until...

She was attacked at her apartment. Emma was surprised that one of the dectives that was helping her was also investigating her fiance's unsolved murder at one point.

Detective Jake Quinn couldn't believe that the woman who had haunted his dreams for the past three years was attacked. He felt as though he needed to protect her since he failed finding her fiance's murderer.

There was still that chemistry between Emma and Jake
Diane McConnell
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Jake wants to protect Emma!

Emma Sloane wanted to move on with her life after the death of her fiancé in a hit and run accident that was never solved after three years. Emma’s plan to move on was stopped when she was attacked in front of her apartment building and was the first attack on women that looked like Emma. Detective Jake Quinn had always kept the hit and run in his mind but when Emma reappeared in his life in a new possible serial murder case, he wanted to protect her at all cost.

Lori
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow! Talk about an intense ride! The story between Emma and Jake is crazy and tied together for several years. The questioning of who done it leads you to a handful of people throughout the story. But the shocking truth hits you hard. The journey to get there is a bumpy one filled with beginning to live again, find your true self and what you want, along with finding the one you want to have that life with. I loved how Jake was all for Emma start to finish. They were so magnetic and meshed ...more
Carol Dass
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-read, arcs
Emma was attacked just outside her apartment. To her surprise, one of the detectives assigned to her case is Jake, who she met three years ago when her fiancé was the victim of a hit and run. The police never solved the case so Emma does not have much trust in Jake. Jake was also taken by surprise as he had never forgotten the previous case which he had not solved and he felt awful. But sparks start to fly between Emma and Jake and I just loved watching the chemistry between them get stronger. ...more
Ree
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jake Quinn has always been haunted by the one case that he was unable to solve. When he reconnects with Emma Sloane, the victim's former fiancee, sparks fly galore. However, someone else has plans for Emma, and they don't include Jake getting close to Emma.

I liked the suspense, though I felt it could have been more, given the length of the book. However, I did enjoy the book. I felt it was a pretty good read that I could solidly recommend to romantic suspense fans.

I voluntarily read &
Margaret Yelton
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of Dangerous Desires from the author, but I am under no obligation to give it a good review. This was my first book by this author, and it was in one of my favorite genres. I found the storyline to be intriguing and action packed, I loved Jake and Emma and the chemisty that the two sparked off of each other. I look forward to reading more books by this author. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys romantic suspense.
Suzette
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An interesting story with many twists and turns. Emma pops back into Jake’s life as another tragedy is taking. He is determined to not let her slip away but he has a job to do. Emma feels like only bad things have happened in her life and doesn’t know if she can trust her instincts. We follow the trail as the find and eliminate suspects never suspecting who the true criminal is. It is an adventure that will leave on the edge of your seat until the happy ending.
Fizza
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, mystery
This is an exceptionally well-written story. I enjoyed reading it and couldn't put it down once I started. The story intrigued me right from the start and it has very likable characters. The kind of characters we love to root for. I think that anyone who enjoys romance/mystery will love this book.
Gwen
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a story by this author before but I am so glad I did. Excellent story, grabs the reader at the start and keeps them engaged throughout the story.
Sue
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dangerous Desires was a very engaging read. Not just a romance, there is a bit of mystery and suspense as well. I really enjoyed this read and also love the cover!
Sascha
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-2020
Dawn Altieri’s Dangerous Desires jumps almost immediately into action and then doesn’t let the tension slip from there on out, whether it’s thriller tension or sexual.

While I love romantic suspense novels, I frequently find that the authors can’t balance the elements. I didn’t find that here. Although I guessed who the killer was early on (due to a diet of procedural dramas and reading mysteries), my interest never waned.

read more: https://saschadarlington.me/2020/01/2...

• Mismatched in Mayhem (Whiskey Sisters, #4)
  • A Valentine Proposal
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • The Best Man Problem
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Hard Justice (Cobra Elite, #3)
  • When I Was You
  • The Sinful Scot (Saints & Scoundrels, #3)
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • A Cowboy Never Quits (Turn Around Ranch #1)
  • Demon Bound
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
2017 New Jersey Romance Writers Golden Leaf Finalist, Best First Book
2018 Heart of Denver Romance Writers Aspen Gold Runner-Up, Best Romantic Suspense

*Sign up for my newsletter for information on future publications*

A lifelong resident of northern New Jersey, Dawn Altieri has been scribbling stories practically since birth. After reaching a milestone birthday (she won’t say which one), she figured