Start by marking “Good Morning, Good Life: 5 Simple Habits to Master Your Mornings and Upgrade Your Life” as Want to Read:

"Not a morning person? Not a problem! I want you to wake up on your terms and no one else's."

Morning routines. We hear about them all the time. We see them on social media feeds and in online videos. We read about them in memoirs and self-improvement books. So, what's the big deal? What's so important about what we do every morning?

In Good Morning, Good Life, Amy
Published December 1st 2019 by Gatluw House

To ask other readers questions about Good Morning, Good Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Morning, Good Life

Start your review of Good Morning, Good Life: 5 Simple Habits to Master Your Mornings and Upgrade Your Life
Melissa
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I guess I don't really need a morning routine. What annoyed me most about this book was the accusation that I'm addicted to drama; she's clearly projecting. Our lives and goals are too different for this to work for me. I'm sure better books on this subject exist.
Bailey Mullen
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amy’s voice shines through her writing! She definitely was narrating it inside of my head (not the worst thing). I love her videos, but actually reading out the steps made it seem a lot more attainable for me. I’m a firm believer in a good morning routine! I love that she cuts down the excuses and labels that we put on ourselves and replaces it with motivation and a bit of humor.

The only downside is the format was a little bit off in some places, but it wasn’t distracting or anything for me.
LaKena Marotta
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this take on making mornings great. It runs parallel with Hal Elrod’s Miracle Morning but with a less in you face approach. If you like the idea of improving your day starting with your mornings, but Elrod’s S.A.V.E.R.S were overwhelming try Landino’s approach. She makes it feel like anyone can do it.
Krystal
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would have given it a full 5 stars, but there were some areas that tripped me up structurally since there were breaks between paragraphs. Amy Landino is a very organized and efficient person so the only thing that I can attribute these mistakes to is the fact that it was written and published within such a short time frame... Beyond that the actual content of the book is incredibly helpful and I can’t wait to start my journey of using this as a resource for my morning routines
Crystal
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. Especially the actionable steps.
Mehek Naresh
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Well structured and well thought out.
Eliana
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I follow this woman on YouTube and I enjoy her videos A LOT. So when I got her book, I started reading it already with a bias perspective. However, I can attest the book is great. It’s empowering and motivational to help you go after the life you want. It gives you tools to respect your time first and to believe in yourself.

After finding Amy on YouTube, I made some changes that seemed simple yet they had a tremendous impact on my productivity for the better. I am even able to get 7 hours of
Steve Miller
This won't be an unbiased review. I am a fan of Amy Schmittauer Landino's You Tube channel so, by extension, I am a fan of this book. What makes this an uplifting read is that there is no rigid you must do this, then this, then this every morning or you won't have a great day formula that must be adhered to without fail. Instead, it is a witty, well thought out guide that allows each individual to grow, foster, and reap the benefits of a personalized morning routine and the positive effects that ...more
Mindi
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm roughly 2/3 done with this book, but I have opinions. First off, some context. I started watching Amy on YouTube a few months ago, and I really do like her mission and message. Full disclosure...I thought I would low-key hate her at first, but she is probably one of the few "influencers" I've encountered who presents an almost-genuine version of herself to the world. I say "almost" because everyone hides their deepest, darkest selves. Anyway, I like and respect her, and I think she has done ...more
Trusha
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In true Amy Landino fashion, this book is not meant to be a passive read. Full of actionable, thought-provoking prompts, Good Morning Good Life delves into designing a routine that best serves you, your lifestyle, and your goals. Apart from Amy’s own Master List of ideas, morning profiles of successful people in various walks of life are sprinkled throughout the book.

OPINION: The book reads in Amy’s voice which is simple, sometimes comedic and compelling on all occasions. I personally prefer a
Boomers Gems
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm giving it 4 stars cause it has good advice and is a quick fun read, but it really deserves 3. The editing mistakes are obnoxious. One or two times I could've looked past it, but I lost track how many times the paragraphs cut mid sentence. Very annoying. Too bad she rushed the outcome of this cute book.
The content is good. I've been watching her youtube channel for a year or so and honestly I didnt really learn anything I haven't heard her say in a video. But I do like that it's in a book
Jen
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve followed Amy on YouTube since 2015/2016. I really like her style and have enjoyed seeing her career and company grow. This book provides some good areas to think about in creating a morning routine to help make your day more productive and not lose what is important to you. I appreciate that she doesn’t try to dictate the best way to set up a morning routine, but offer what works for her and things to think about whole setting up yours. My biggest take away is creating time to do things ...more
Michelle Poirier
I was pleasantly shocked by this book. I have followed Amy Landino on YouTube for awhile so I bought this ebook as a show of support since I have my morning routine pretty much locked in. It didn’t take very many pages in before I realized this book is about so much more than how to get the most out of your mornings. Yes she does tell you how to leverage your mornings but she gives a ton of useful and practical information on business and life in general. Even if your not into the whole morning ...more
Audrey
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This woman is amazing - I've been watching her on youtube for years and her work is so inspirational. I admire her ability to be candid with her followers/readers as much as I admire her work ethic. She has great advice on how to become more organized and get sh*t done. All while feeling better about yourself because you have done work to get to know yourself. Her system works because she LIVES it. This book helped me revamp my habits to get my morning back on track to help me achieve my goals ...more
Lozzy Lozbuds
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first finished book of 2020 and it was a good one! I watch Amy Landino’s YouTube channel, and it is nice to hear what she has to say as a 30-something who doesn’t have children. She gives very practical, simple advice, and it really is up to you to follow it. That’s the step that she can’t do for us! The book was very easy to read, and has some amazing suggestions for what to include in your own morning routine. I was so inspired I got up at 5:45am during my holiday, voluntarily! Thanks Amy!
Anita
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Wasn't that keen on it. I guess I'm lucky in that I can have a good morning routine to myself. In fact I can have a perfect morning routine, which the book said no one has!
Found the content rather boring, at 14 I could have just watched the many YouTube morning routines out there, and got the jest of the book. I give it a 3 because some people are just at the beginning of wanting to know how to manage a morning routine and maybe it will be Informative to them.
Samantha G
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you're a viewer of AmyTV, this book is everything you love about her videos. All those questions you might have asked your TV while watching, she likely answers here.

If you haven't been introduced to Amy Landino, she's worth getting to know. This book is a very relatable, very approachable way to get what you want out of your day and your life. She says, "do you" more times than you can count. It's all about making her tips and ideas work for you and your schedule or your circumstances.
Wawa Hals
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book isn’t just about developing 5 habits that will help you create a good morning routine, but it’s an overall creation of your better self starting from the planning and reflecting where your time, attitude and mind are everyday .. it is like a manual to help you with your daily planner. I use this book’s content together with my bujo and as a complement to bullet journal method book content.
Amanda Jo
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: development
I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read but really makes you think about what type of morning will set you up for success! I loved the variety of stories within it and how Amy gives you suggestions to help you choose what is best for yourself without preaching that her way makes the most sense. I'll recommend this to others and save my copy to read again if I need some motivation. It helped me fine tune my morning routine which is making a big difference in my life!
Lydia Moore
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book not only is it motivation it gives great tips on how to have a good morning routine as well as tips on how to be a more productive person in general. The tone of the book matches the authors presence online and is an enjoyable read. Plus the interviews of my other successful people with morning routines is good inspiration for how different and personal your routine can be.
Janine
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Of course, this is a biased review because Amy is a friend of mine BUT, that just means I'm lucky to know someone so motivational and inspiring and full of spunk. In this book, Amy talks all about how to set intentions for a morning routine and why a good morning can change your life. Follow her 5 habits to take control of your time and *go after the life you want*.
LJ Forbes
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a good one. Very true to Amy’s tone and what she talks about on her YouTube channel. Interestingly, reading this book has been part of my morning routine.

I only docked a star for some weird editing mistakes that were distracting.
Lindy
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is great! I never really knew the power of carving out some time for yourself in the morning could have on your life. Amy Landino spells it out for you in a no nonsense, realistic way. If you are looking for a way to take charge of your life, this book is a great place to start.
Magdalena
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read to start off a new morning routine

Good start into establishing a new routine. Informative and entertaining. Helpful for those who are just starting off and look for a practical guide.
Girl in Blue London
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous book that I blitzed through in a week and am now going to be reading again to underline and do the practical exercises. Amy addresses the reader in her YouTube informal but friendly and inspirational voice. It was like chatting to her in my living room. Such a great book.!
Krissie Bentley
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick and easy read. Helped me see what was realistic for me in the mornings and motivated me to accept what type of morning ritual is actually possible within my life circumstances.
Heather
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I listened to this book on audible but I would really recommend owning the physical copy. There are writing prompts after every chapter and I would have highlighted the heck out of mine!
Ashley
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Helpful and motivational on how to become a morning person by making a morning routine.
Cindy
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: recommend
Probably the most helpful book I've read about mornings, mainly because it doesn't assume you should do exactly the same thing as everyone else. Dinging it a star for some formatting issues.
Bonnie
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book to help you get started on building a better morning habit. I've started implementing some of the techniques and I definitely feel better about my day.

• Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald: The Original Screenplay
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (Fantastic Beasts: The Original Screenplay, #1)
  • Pax
  • Four Dead Queens
  • Outer Order, Inner Calm: Declutter & Organize to Make More Room for Happiness
  • Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch #1)
  • Vlog Like a Boss: How to Kill It Online with Video Blogging
  • Hidden Order (Scot Harvath #13)
  • When Less Becomes More: Making Space for Slow, Simple, and Good
  • Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • Be More Chill
  • Text Me When You Get Home: The Evolution and Triumph of Modern Female Friendship
  • The Hour of the Star
  • Thrawn: Treason (Star Wars: Thrawn, #3)
  • Touch of Power (Healer, #1)
  • The Test