Start by marking “Dallas (Trust & Honor #1)” as Want to Read:
Dallas (Trust & Honor #1)

Dallas

(Trust & Honor #1)

It wasn't his job to protect her, but there's no way he's leaving her side. Dallas McNeil had spent half his life serving his country. War and death had left him cold and hollow. Embracing the darkness of his former life, he wouldn't have much to offer anyone.

Candi was a beacon of light that made his cold heartbeat again. He's always had a sweet tooth, and she was just t
Published December 5th 2019 (first published June 30th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Dallas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dallas

Start your review of Dallas (Trust & Honor #1)
Coco.V
Sep 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/9/2020)! 🎁
Speed
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it! This short story is in the Obsessive Temptation anthology featuring a bevy of different authors. Dallas is a cop who moonlights as a bouncer at a club where Candi works. Candi has feelings for Dallas but feels that she cannot act on them due to her past. Dallas, an ex-marine works as a police officer for LVPD-Las Vegas Police Department. Dallas too has feelings for Candi. They finally act on their mutual attraction, and Candi's past comes back to haunt her. Filled with action, a bit of ...more
Tonia
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great short read Dallas and Candi worked at the same club. Candi had Dallas wrapped around her finger. Dallas was putty in her hand. Dallas swore he would protect her. When her ex threatened her Dallas saw red... Dallas became her Guardian Angel
Nancy  L Thompson
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty Good Start!!!

I think this is going to be a pretty good series. I can't wait to see who's story is next. This book had lots of drama and action. But most was easy to decipher before hand
Cherryl
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
All it took was one cup of coffee

Dallas McNeil was hooked on Candi Jennings, the waitress from his second job as security at an off-strip club in Las Vegas But he thought that she deserved a better man than him with his PTSD he suffered from being in the Marines. Candy thought that he deserved a woman who did not have such complicated baggage as she did. She was just satisfied with making his coffee just the way he liked it. Everyone who worked with them knew they had the hots for each other. Ev
Jolene Huber
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Two Broken Pieces That Fit

Dallas is a Las Vegas police officer. Retired Marine and just trying to lay low and stay busy. He takes on some security shifts at a local bar. He keep doing them when he meets her. Candi is the most beautiful woman to him. He falls fast and hard but doesn't want to be a bother to her with his PTSD. Little does he know she has baggage of her own. But there is no denying the pull these two have for eachother.
Sybil Pun
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute and didn't disappoint!!!

This was a cute short story from MS. Banks and definitely did not disappoint in the whole make you feel good romance / BWWM department. Very cute...
Dallas and Candi were the bomb together and Dallas was so cute and alpha... Let's see if next Tanner will get his or Dalton...
Kathy Campbell
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dallas and Candi

Love the story of a abuse woman finding the strength to get out of the marriage and start life over again with someone who is strong and understanding deserving of a good woman and know how to treat her. Looking forward to reading more from Ms. Banks. She's worth reading.
Sophie Koufes
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Audio Review:
Dallas (Trust & Honor, Book 1) is novella so it's short and sweet. Seeping through the narrative is oddles of suspense. With a nectarous epilogue that gave Candi and Dallas their hea.

Narrator Lacy Laurel has a sweet yet sultry intonation and vividly expressive. A entertaining listen
Carol
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love and Trust

A quick read that has all the feels. Dallas and Candi both have suffered from past trauma. But, are immediately drawn to each other. Dallas is Candi's savior and she learns to trust again. Painful memories haunt Dallas from his past but acceptance and love from Candi is his future. This sizzling love story was a good read.
Cammyjoe
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dallas and Candi

I downloaded this book thinking I haven't read it,however as soon I started I realized that that I have read it. I looked for my review and couldn't find it,so I reread the whole thing.
Anyway,it was nice spending time with Dallas and Candi,again. I hope Tanner will have his own story.
As for Lamont,I hope that he gets some good loving in the prison.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dallas and Candi worked at the same bar. He is captivated with her but holds back. When she is threatened by her ex, Dallas comes to her aid. She was in an abusive relationship but knows that Dallas is someone special. This story draws you in and have you cheering this couple to make it to a lifetime of happiness.
Will Decker
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yeah! This story hit all the high marks. Strong alpha male with damage and a hot babe with baggage. Great character development, great plot, great writing style, great everything! I feel I got really lucky finding this book and am looking forward to many more by this author. If you like romance, you'll love this story. Period. ...more
Rachel Hollow
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Tiktok made me do it! And im not sorry! I really enjoyed this book. I fell in love with the characters and i was sad when it ended. The ONLY reason i didnt give it 5 stars is because it was short. I wanted more. Dallas is a tough, rough, growly alpha and i loved how possessive and protective he was with Candi. Im excited to read more from this author ❤
Janice Campbell
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Ok

So meeting the right person to love and who loves you back can soften your heart and give you the motivation you need to make a change in your life. Love is not suppose to hurt and Candi realized that and change her scenery, then she found true love and is living her best life. I love your stories keep writing them.
HI5O
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short but good

An amazing storyline that was pulled together with ease. Candi was a troubled person that was trying to put her troubles behind her. Dallas had his own dark past but knew she was his future.
Carolyn King
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good

I love a good quick read. Candi ex was a very bad man. He deserves everything he got coming to him. Dallas fell in love with Candi. He did what he needed to do to protect his woman. Good book.
Misan Bezi-Richardson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Another winner from this author. I truly enjoyed the story immensely. Everything from start to finish was well written. The characters were sexy and exciting. Kudos to the author for a job well done.
Lofty
Apr 27, 2020 rated it liked it
3 1/2*
Dallas has been watching Candi at work she's a server at the bar where he's helping with security.
He's protective of her the attraction between them is strong.
Been a police officer Dallas knows the look of someone afraid and the man in the cafe has Candi spooked.
Nice story.
Bertha Johnson
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read in 3 Hours!!!

Wow, this one really had you thinking about all of the everyday issues that happen to often. Dallas is the example of a true hero. Candi was strong for the way she responded and took control of her life. Overall a cute love story by a great author.
evette w
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Stuff

This was not a good entertaining story but there are moments when the humor is what you would expect considering the situation. This was not only entertaining but it was enjoyable and the writer gives.you all.of.what you want in a.good story.
Sonya Williams
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quick Read

Fast pace, a little action, lot of love and great chemistry! Dallas and Candi are both troubled for different reasons. The cell for each other at first site; each one giving the other much needed love and support.
Amanda
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dallas, the first in the Trust & Honor series is stand alone story about Dallas and Candi. The length of the book was in between a short story and what I would call a full length novel, so the characters seemed to jump right into the relationship. I'd recommend this book to people who like romantic suspense.

I listened to the Audible version and this was a quick, interesting listen. Lacy Laurel did a great job with her performance.
Mary Ecoleman
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read. The ending felt a little rushed.
Diane Metoyer
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Truly enjoyed the story. The suspense was incredible. Wish I could find a Dallas! Glad that they found one another and were able to heal each other!
Patricia
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just love it!!!

I just love these characters. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. He protected his woman. That's what a real man doesn't when he love someone.
Alicia Pressey
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Short Book

Good quick read kept me interested. I enjoyed reading Dallas's story the couple needed each other I would recommend this book
Ferbooks
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

This story is filled with plenty of heated action in the bedroom and in the battle field. It's very engaging.
Mandy Sawyer
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Dallas. This is a great storyline of a damsel in distress that needs a hero. Dallas is everything you need in one tough package. Excellent performance from Lacy.
Goodreads Librari...: Combine 2 book listings 2 8 May 07, 2020 08:22PM

• For You
  • A Holiday Temptation
  • Adam (Salvant Brothers #3)
  • Felix (Salvant Brothers #2)
  • Axl (Salvant Brothers #1)
  • No Coincidence
  • Johnathan the Fixer (Brothers Black #7)
  • An Alpha's Trust
  • Brodrick: A Dark Romance with the Notorious Scot! (The Campbell Brothers, #1)
  • A Holiday Seduction
  • Mr. West (Mister #2)
  • The Salvant Brothers 4: The Showdown
  • Eli (Across the Aisle Crossover, #1)
  • Primal Obsession
  • Releasing The Silent Killer: Davide and India's Story
  • Quiet Chaos (The Chaos, #2)
  • Calling on Quinn (The Blackhart Brothers, #1)
  • Fire and Rain
Peyton Banks is the alter ego of a city girl who is a romantic at heart. Her mornings consist of coffee and daydreaming up the next steamy romance book ideas. She loves spinning romantic tales of hot alpha males and the women they love. She currently resides with her husband and children in Cleveland, Ohio.

Trust & Honor (2 books)
  • Dalton (Trust and Honor #2)

News & Interviews