Start by marking “Stockings and Sugarplums (Hearts of Snow Lake)” as Want to Read:
Stockings and Sugarplums (Hearts of Snow Lake)

Stockings and Sugarplums

(Hearts of Snow Lake #6.5)

Phineas:

I’m not just attracted to Pastor Liam. I don’t only think he’s a great guy who I want to spend more time with. There’s more to it. Feelings I have never felt toward any guy, no matter how much I wished I would.As crazy as it sounds, Liam’s the total package. I didn’t even believe in this kind of nonsense before him, but I feel like he might be The One.

Yeah,
Published December 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Stockings and Sugarplums, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stockings and Sugarplums

Start your review of Stockings and Sugarplums (Hearts of Snow Lake)
michaela ⚘
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, 2019, soft, holiday-rm
A completely wholesome and oh so very fluffy read.

I hadn’t read any of the others books in the series so I was slightly afraid I would feel lost at times but that never happened. This was such a smooth sailing read with a plot that’s barely there but kept me hanging on anyway.

Phineas has a crush on Pastor Liam and he’s perfectly fine with just admiring from afar because he doesn’t have a chance, does he?

But, he isn’t the only one whose been admiring from afar and a Nativity play is about to
Lily
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Not much plot. A cute, fluffy read for Christmas. A good standalone.
Torhild Borg
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another story from the Snow Lake town. OMG I wished I lived there to experience this myself. See how the author has gotten me on her Snow Lake Train? Yes, I absolutely love all these stories. This one is no exception.
The town has a new priest, and there is also a young man who feels a bit lost.
What these two maincharacters are up to? i am not spilling it here. Just saying you should go grab this book asap. It's comfort reading, and of course you will get a smile on your face as well.
All the
Lillian Francis
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adorable Christmas tale. Prickly Phineas finds his one true love.
I've really enjoyed the two novellas about the twins.
This follows on from Paul's story.
It's a perfect Christmas tale, with a nativity play, ice skating, and a lost and lonely child who needs a home, and not just for the night. Lovely.
Amanda
So I haven’t read any other books in this series, but this one definitely stands alone; and made me want to read all of the others ASAP. It’s got great themes of family, both blood and found, love, patience, and understanding. It is definitely an Insta love story, so if that’s not for you, you may not like it; but I found it to be another great touching holiday read.
Kaila
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
comfort.. love.. sexy...fun things.. emotions everywhere.. and so many interesting things going on. i love it.. it made me feel so happy to read and i enjoyed the characters and their world and story. i loved it
Kendra T
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super fluffy, but absolutely perfect for a Christmas story. It was a totally feel-good story with two guys who respect each other. It was very lovely. I could tell from a previous book that Phineas had a crush on Pastor Luke, but shy, quiet Phineas was adorable when he was with Luke. I loved how there was no real drama, just love and support. Fabulous story and addition to the Snow Lake series.

I am voluntarily reviewing an ARC provided by LesCourt Author Services
Meg
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have not had a chance to read the earlier holiday novella, but this one is about Phineas, part owner with his twin brother Paul, of the local jewelry store. It is also about Liam, the new pastor of the very progressive church in town.

Phineas has been a skeptic when it comes to true love, but he feels an inexplicable pull toward Liam. But Liam is a pastor, could he even be interested in a man? As it is the Christmas season, and Liam is trying to start new traditions with his church, Phineas
Xanthe
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a wonderful holiday romance addition to the Heart of Snow Lake series.
We met Phineas and Liam in Gravy and Gratitude, Phineas' brother's story. This time they get their own romance and chance at a HEA.
Initially, we have two men who seem to have such poor gaydar, never sure as to the other's feelings and intentions but they clearly care for each other. It's an easy relationship to read and there is a definite attraction and heat between them. It's a slow and steady progression as Phineas
Fran
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely holiday read and very refreshing.

Never having read a M/M story with a pastor as a main character I was pleasantly
surprised by the sweetness of this story; but not sugary so. Phineas and Liam
were the right blend of opposites attracting to each other but in the best way. There is a depth
to Phineas and a sweetness that didn't show itself in his twin brother Paul story. As for
Pastor Liam is the leader of the local very progressively thinking church in that it accepts into
its fold any and
Elle
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 and a half stars.

An incredibly sweet Christmas story that contains everything the season should be about! The Nativity, cute kids, snow, family, and romance. The story is fun, the characters entertaining, and the burgeoning romance believable.

I'd love to be around someone as positive and caring as Liam is. He and Phineous were great together, and their romance was sweet. It was great to come across Paul, Phineous' twin, and Alton again, who starred in an earlier book in the series.

The story is
Tina
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stockings and Sugarplums by author Ashton Cade is the 6.5th book in the Hearts of Snow Lake series. You do not have to read the previous books to get this story. This book is written in dual POV which is my favorite kind of POV to read.
Phineas has a twin named Paul and he has a huge crush on the local Pastor Liam. He keeps volunteering at church to be close to him. Considering Phineas is not much of a churchgoer his brother teases him now he is spending a lot of time there. Phineas is sure the
Kitt
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very sweet story with adorable characters. I absolutely loved Phineas and Liam's story, and Meryl and Brandon were wonderful, secondary characters, The story has a wonderful amount of heart and general inclusivity (excepting Brandon's parents who I would really love to see a judge hand their a$$es to!) I loved Liam's generosity; he is a true picture of what I would expect a pastor to be. I like when a story steps away from pastors being hounded and criticized for their feelings and ...more
Amy Dufera
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it

Stockings and Sugarplums is a quick paced, fast holiday romance by Aston Cade. This adorable story is part of the Hearts of Snow Lake series.

This is a great story, Liam, the new pastor, and Phineas fall in love. With just 113 pages, there isn't a whole lot to their storyline, but there are definitely some strong emotional moments.

The author once again creates a delighful read with great, fluid writing. The characters are both strong and interesting. The theme of found family is strong, and they
Mary Mary
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc
This is a simple, super cute and extremely sweet story.

It is a short story so there isn't much going on, at least nothing complicated.
It is a lovely addition to the Heart of Snow Lake series and it made me really happy to finally see Phineas happy. He is not the nicest guy, but I think I am very similar to him, the way he acts and thinks is so close to what I normally do it was great to see him find love and happiness. But it is just me :)

This story, as all books about Snow Lake, is full of
Audrey Pott
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge fan of Christmas stories and this is no exception, has all the feels, loveable characters, Liam’s mum Meryl, an adorable tween, small town antics and two sexy men in Pastor Liam and Phineas. Phineas doesn’t believe “in the one” until Liam, a slow burn romance, a troubled tween Brandon whose family kicked him out of home for being gay which had me in tears as he’s been living on the streets for months and smoking hot intimate scenes between Liam and Phineas.

I voluntarily reviewed an
Catherine
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
This is a sweet, holiday inspired novella set in Snow Lake. This book focuses on the new pastor, Liam, and Phinneas, twin brother of gym owner Paul. Phinneas never thought “the One” was real until he starts getting to know and helping out Liam with his church’s nativity play. But, is Liam gay? Throw in a well-meaning mom, a twin brother who just wants Phinneas to be happy and a surprise no one expected and both men get their HEA and the family they have always wanted. Snow Lake has a way of ...more
Dixiecowgirl
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightful fun read that brings love, romance, family and the holidays all together. I enjoyed this sweet story. There are wonderful secondary characters withBrandon and Meryl who will win your hearts.

Phineas and Liam aretwo really good men who find an amazing connection that transcendsnormal expectations. They have passion, connection and so much heart.

This is lovely addition to this wonderful series calledHearts of Snow Lake and can be read as a stand-alone.

Iwas gifted this book from the
Barbara Ingram
4 Sweet Endings Stars

I have absolutely enjoyed all of the stories in the Hearts of Snow Lake series. I was intrigued when I read the blurb for this latest story featuring Phineas and Father Liam, a new pastor in Snow Lake. Phineas has been attracted to Liam since meeting him, but was sure he was straight. Liam thought Phineas was sexy, but wasn't sure he was gay. Once they finally give in and allow themselves to act on their chemistry, their relationship explodes quickly. When a child comes into
Vicki
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm

This is a sweet, light Christmas novella that has some feels. Phineas and Liam are both likeable characters that are easy to connect with.
Phineas is the co owner of the town’s jewellery store and Liam is the Pastor of the local church. Both have a crush on each other and there’s definitely chemistry between them. Liam thinks Phineas is out of his league and Phineas isn’t even sure if Liam is gay.
There is no angst and when they find their HEA they have a full family, a full house and full
Xochitl
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Following Gravy and Gratitude, this second Holiday Novella in the Hearts of Snow Lake series continues the story of Phineas and Liam who met in the previous book. Their story is sweet and romantic, full of family and friends, while they are knowing each other and trying to find their forever. A low angst Christmas story, with emotional moments well suited for a Holiday reading. Also you will encounter some familiar faces throughout town. Loved it!!
I received this book as an ARC and this is my
Jacey Jeffrey
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet holiday read from this talented author!! We met both Liam and Phineas in Gravy and Gratitude, there were sparks starting even then between the two. When Phineas learns that Liam needs help with the church's play..he jumps at the chance to help and of course spend time with Liam. The more time they spend together, the more they fall for each other. They are so good for each other, exactly what the other needs. I absolutely adored their sweet story and I would recommend this ...more
Terri
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was sweet, sexy, and perfect for the holiday. I loved Phineas and Liam, who seemed to be made for each other. With Liam, the previously grumpy Phineas became a giving and loving partner. And Phineas accepted and appreciated Liam the way he was, without trying to change him as previous men had wanted to do. I loved that the couple was supported by those around them, and I appreciated how they spread that support and love to others. I liked both Phin's and Paul's holiday tales of love, ...more
Belinda Zamora
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Phineas is Paul's twin, who we met in Gratitude and Gravy along Pastor Liam.
Phineas is world weary cynic and he's leery of relationships.
Liam is new in town and has his hands full getting the children of the congregation ready for their Christmas debut.
We also meet Brandon, a young teenager in a dire situation who needs some love and support.
Liam's mom Meryl is a wonderful supportive character as well.
This was a short, sweet story about the miracle of Christmas and found family.
R
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phineas has become interested in Pastor Liam. He’s pretty sure Liam is straight until the good pastor starts flirting with him. They slowly begin to see each other, but Phineas already knows Liam is “the one”.

Sweet Christmas story. I liked that their relationship was so organic, no angst, just a feel good holiday book. Several of the characters from the series appear although it definitely can be a standalone. I really liked this book.

I received an arc of this book.
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stockings and Sugarplums by Ashton Cade was the sweetest story! I think I got a cavity just by reading it. It definitely put me in the Christmas spirit. I found it to be a lovely uplifting read.

The main characters, Pastor Liam and his sort of employee Phineas simply made me happy. Everything about them. Their insta-love connection was believable and they were so adorable. Add in a darling boy, a fantasic mother and you have a winner. This story will renew your faith in love and people.
Emma Burbidge
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Jeweller and the Pastor at Christmas. This tale picks up just after Gravy and Gratitude (the previous holiday novella in the Hearts of Snow Lake series). The other twin Phineas finds his joy in Liam, the local pastor, and in helping him with the Nativity play. This is another sweet fun read as the two fall head over heels and discover a boy in need of a good home. Highly recommended for lovers of Contemporary MM Romance.
jennrubenstein
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Paul had Thanksgiving so it’s only right for Phineas to get Christmas

After getting to know Paul, I was excited for Phineas to get his story! And it’s a short but sweet one. Pastor Liam feels genuine and perfect for Phineas. Brandon is just an added bonus. I wish we could have had more from both twins, but it’s fitting that they each got their own holiday novella, and I hope to see more of them in the next book.
Rachwithheadinabook
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
We are back in snow lake again, this time we have two very different men who are drawn to each other, Phineas a slightly shy, reserved Jeweller and Pastor Liam who is slightly more outgoing, who has his meddling mother staying with him.

In this fund made there are lots of things like love, family, and understanding. It’s a sweet, fluffy Insta-love read, just what you need at Christmas. A most enjoyable read.
Gina Marie ~books are my drug of choice~
Sweet Christmas

I wasn't completely sure about this one until I started reading. It was so worth it. It has a little bit of everything Christmas, small town with snow, old church, nativity play planning and a bit of a Christmas miracle. This is my first read of this series and I can't wait to read the rest. I was especially impressed by the fact that it included religion without being preachy or dismissive. The characters are likeable. I would recommend this book to everyone.

• The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Your Wish (Kinley Island, #4)
  • Bright Horizon (Pine Cove #4)
  • Socks for an Otter
  • How to Catch a Prince (Chester Falls Book 1)
  • Extra Time (Off the Pitch #2)
  • Mine, Body and Soul: Part 1
  • The Island Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #4)
  • Home: Ky & Nick (Six Degrees #1)
  • The Snow Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #2)
  • The App
  • Killer Heart (Blade & Dust, #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • The City Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #3)
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Healing Wounds (Sater's Creek #3)
  • A (Fake) Boyfriend for Christmas

Hearts of Snow Lake (6 books)
  • Motorcycles and Macarons (Hearts of Snow Lake #1)
  • Sidearms and Spareribs (Hearts of Snow Lake #2)
  • Piñatas and Paintbrushes (Hearts of Snow Lake, #3)
  • Trifles and Treasures (Hearts of Snow Lake #4)
  • Six-Packs and Snowshoes (Hearts of Snow Lake, #5)
  • Stethoscopes and Spirits (Heart of Snow Lake, #6)