Start by marking “The Wife Stalker” as Want to Read:
The Wife Stalker

The Wife Stalker

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  8,952 ratings  ·  1,445 reviews
8 hours, 39 minutes

The bestselling author of The Last Mrs. Parrish returns with a psychological thriller, filled with chilling serpentine twists, about a woman fighting to hold onto the only family she’s ever loved—and how far she’ll go to preserve it.

Breezing into the tony seaside paradise of Westport, Connecticut, gorgeous thirtysomething Piper Reynard sets down roots,
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published May 19th 2020 by HarperAudio

To ask other readers questions about The Wife Stalker, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Edel Weiss nah... i think Piper is still shady af. I guess she just got away with this because she realized Joanna is crazier than her.

·  8,952 ratings  ·  1,445 reviews

Start your review of The Wife Stalker
Dita
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Take a whole bunch of people doing things people would never do, making shitty decisions people would never make and throw in a generous handful of stupidity and selfishness.

What do you get? Frustrated.

But only for a little while, because by the time the authors are done with you you don't mind that they've driven you nuts for the majority of the book.

Thank you to a friend who shared her copy with me! 🧟‍♀️
Deanna
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2020
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

4.5 Stars!!

An excellent summer read!

Joanna has devoted her life to eight-year-old Evie, six-year-old Stelli, and their father, Leo. Joanna's been patiently waiting for Leo to come out of the depression that gripped him for months. Now it seems like her prayers have been answered. He's coming back to them. Leo is a successful lawyer and he's just about to start a new high profile case. Joanna suggests he attend a meditation
Nilufer Ozmekik
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a thrilling, entertaining, mad, twisty, dazzling, awe-spring, gripping ride!

The story is told by two women: Joanne, poor mommy of the beautiful family, giving up on her own career to take care of the kids and helping her love of her life Leo during his darkest times, now sent away from the house to live with her needy, depressed mother, restrained to see the children because a younger, more attractive, blonder version of her will take her place: Let’s raise our voices for the other w
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
This book is out today!!! Happy Book Birthday 🎂🥂

Hang onto your husbands ladies! Piper is in town! Whew! This was once again another twisty thriller by this dynamic duo. Always on the must read list for me, they did not disappoint yet again. This book kept me up late into the night as I had to know what this sneaky Piper woman was up to next.

The Wife Stalker is just as it sounds...Piper is a woman that knows what she wants when she sees it....a yoga center, a membership to the yacht club, her Alf
Elyse  Walters
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this seconds ago....
on my 68th Birthday no less....
HOURS of AUDIOBOOK LISTENING OVER A FEW DAYS.....
....while hours of hiking, and soaking —- and other little piddling things around the house.

It may not be 5 stars for everyone .....
I mean it’s another one of those books that’s not great literature....
.... rather it has that lifetime movie feeling going on.....
But I was totally addicted to this psychological thriller.

The book succeeded in having a really great twist ending...
wi
Holly  B (semi-hiatus until Nov)

A mixed review from me....

I really liked the beginning of the book and found the characters interesting and would have enjoyed discussing their behavior. I was so looking forward to being surprised and trying to figure out just which way the author would weave it together...

BUT, somewhere in the middle I began to skim and was just wanting something to happen! Too much ordinary day to day narrative that was just not compelling or adding anything to the story. I was starting to get frustrated.

Als
Michelle
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leo Drakos has been in a funk for months but Joanna stays by his side faithfully. She keeps busy raising young Evie and Stelli while he works through his depression.

As time goes by it seems that Leo is beginning to feel better. His smile is back and the sparkle in his eyes reminds her of the man she fell in love with years ago. Maybe this is the fresh start they need.

All is not what it seems though. The smile, the sparkling eyes, the new found vigor in his step is because of Piper. A young ear
marilyn
Publishes today May 19, 2020

The Wife Stalker may feature an unreliable narrator or two. There is Joanna, wife/ex wife of Leo, who handles the actions that Leo takes against her, very passively, although, behind the scenes, she is working to find out how to discredit her competition. Then there is Piper, who sets her sights on Leo, while Leo is still wearing his wedding ring. Piper, who has some dead people in her past, who has changed her name and run away from her past. Joanna is a bit overweig
Kaceey
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, edelweiss
Oh my!!
I had such high hopes for this one. Even after reading such diverse reviews, I still expected a great read. But it just failed on all three fundamental requirements. To reach me - to hold me - to wow me.
😩

Piper moved across country with the hopes of re-launching her life after the sudden death of her husband and stepdaughter. And things are starting to look up! For starters, the small business she just opened is a big success. Yup, all the pieces are falling in place for Piper. Just one li
♡ oscar ♡
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, 2020-releases
Giving this book another star because the ending still haunts me.
_______________________

(This week I challenged myself to read three recent hyped thrillers. The other books I read were The Swap and The Last Flight)

tw: mental health; suicide

I think the biggest issue I have against The Wife Stalker is that nothing much really happened for almost the entirety of the book. I almost casted this book down in the pits as a two-star read. The lightness of the whole story is both good and bad. Well at l
Bridgett
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
My feelings about this book are two-fold.

On one hand, the chapters are short and precise, hitting on the important points like a sledge hammer. The characters are well-developed, though not remotely likable. For 90% of the book, I was less than impressed by their life choices.

On the other hand, all I could think to myself through the bulk of the story was, "There is no freaking way that would happen," which I eventually realized was likely a clue unto itself (and essentially helped me figure ou
Michelle
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harper-reviews
“Suffice it to say that things are not always what they look like on the outside.”

This story is told in dual perspectives: Joanna, the doting wife and Piper, the tease who wants to BE the wife...

...Or so we think.

Leo Drakos, the well-spoken, perfectly-dressed lawyer is the man in the middle. When Leo arrives at the “Phoenix Recovery Center” to check on one of his clients, Fred, he finds a flirty new friendship in the owner, Piper Reynard. Meanwhile, Joanna is at home taking care of his children
Julie (JuJu)
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Julie (JuJu) by: Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
‪Absolutely brilliant thriller!‬

‪WOW! I was blown away by one of the most twisted and unpredictable endings I’ve ever read! This fast-paced and suspenseful read easily kept my attention and I was considering it a solid 4 ⭐️’s, until that ending! ‬

The book alternates between two sides of the story. Joanna, the soon-to-be ex wife, and Piper, the new woman in Leo’s life. They each give us their interpretation of the circumstances. One woman out to steal another’s husband always gets my shackles up!
Susan
Misled in the best way!

I don’t want to give anything beyond the official premise as I had more fun knowing as little as possible beforehand. It’s sufficient to say that I REALLY disliked Piper which is too bad because I love the name! But, she’s an insidious woman and now one of my favorite names is tarnished. Sigh...

This was an easy, flowing read for me. How a book is written can make or break my enjoyment and this was smooth and effortless allowing me to focus on the story - it was great one.

I
Kimberly Belle
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, you sneaky sisters. Liv Constantine got me in the best possible way with The Wife Stalker, a wicked, whip-smart bag of tricks about a woman fighting to hold onto her family. Read this one in one long gulp, then read it again to see what you missed the first time through. I promise you won’t see it coming.
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Piper has opened up a rehab and wellness business in coastal Westport, Connecticut when she meets Leo Drakos, a lawyer. She notices the ring on his finger, but for Piper, marriages aren’t forever.

Joanna, Leo’s wife, is wishing he would be happier, more like his old self. In fact, she thinks he’s clinically depressed. Suddenly she notices Leo is more engaging and upbeat, including with their daughters. Joanna’s heart falls when she finds out why.

Leo wants to move on with Piper, and he’s pretty fl
Frank Phillips
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably this pair's best book yet, man they got me good!! In no way, shape or form did I see that twist coming at the end, although going back and skimming through a couple of the earlier chapters I definitely should have! this is the type of book you can't really say much about without spoiling so I would recommend those wanting to pick this up to most certainly go in knowing as little as possible. I enjoyed both of this pair's previous two books so I didn't even know about the plot going in t ...more
Susanne  Strong
No. Just No.

What can I say: knowing what I do about Connecticut Law, the premise of this novel simply didn't ring true almost from the get go and I, therefore was rolling my eyes almost immediately. Then I got to the end and my frustration grew and I thought: "Oh No, You Didn't!" however, Liv Constantine did.

All I can say is that I am not a fan of far-fetched plots. If you are, this book might be just what you're looking for.

This was another buddy read with Kaceey, which definitely gave us a lo
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I was intrigued by the premise of The Wife Stalker, and was hooked very quickly after starting the book. The story alternated POVs between Joanna and Piper, so we saw the plot play out from both perspectives.

I'm going to keep this review short and sweet, because there isn't a ton I can say without giving things away. What I will say is that I enjoyed the beginning and end of the book, but I found the middle to be repetitive and at points I felt like it was dragging, because it felt like I was r
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Piper Reynard decides to leave California behind for Westport, Connecticut in an attempt to recreate herself. She establishes a wellness center and quickly finds success. It is there that she meets Leo Drakos who is investigating a client. She is immediately attracted to him but notices that he is wearing a wedding ring.

Leo has been suffering from depression and his wife Joanna is happy that the man that she loves is returning to his former self. He is reconnecting with their two young children
Katie B
I'll give the writers credit (Two sisters are the authors behind the pen name Liv Constantine) as they did a nice job with this one. I admit I had some doubts throughout the story in which I kept thinking the ending was going to be lackluster but they managed to come up with something interesting. And what boggles my mind is even though I picked up on a few things fairly early on, for the life of me I couldn't figure how they were relevant to the overall story. It's like I had some puzzle pieces ...more
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader

Leo wants to move on with Piper, and he’s pretty fl
Nazanin
3 Stars

This is my first read by this author but unfortunately, it didn’t live up to my expectations. Yes, the ending was unexpected BUT there wasn’t much to happen during the story. I waited too long to something happen and it didn’t come. I started skimming after reading 80%. It fell flat for me. The only thing that made it bearable was the short chapters. Overall, it was meh but I hope you enjoy it more than me!
Samantha Downing
The Wife Stalker is a daring, dastardly story with complex characters and a sinister plot. A read-through-the-night thriller that mesmerizes to the final page. An absolute must for your 2020 list!
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Wow, I was blown away. I devoured this book. I was so wrong the twists came crashing up side my head. I never saw the ending coming. This would make a great movie. I saw it play out on each page. These two sisters are now the queens of psychological thrillers in my book.
5 stars two times. I HIGHLY recommend this book.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.
Dennis
Very fast-paced and light, you can read this book quickly and still enjoy it. The story is broken out in two POVs, but I felt that they never got deep into the root of the drama. Everything was very surface level, and felt disjointed when the narrative was advancing. While this is better than their release last year, I just don't think I'm meant to read anything by Liv Constantine. This is me throwing in the towel. However, the book does wrap-up with a juicy and satisfying ending.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: https://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

1.5 Stars

The Wife Stalker took its place at the top of my TBR over the eleventy other library books I have checked out due to the fact that after reading Your House Will Pay I was suffering a severe book hangover and needed some sort of buffer before moving on. These fillers can come in the shape of romcoms, thrillers or chicklit and trust me when I say I read a lot – and I mean A. L.O.T. – of “trash” and absolutely dig it most o
Javier
May 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished “The wife stalker” and I think I should start it again so confused I feel right now.

While not being the most original of premises, the story was entertaining enough, with short chapters told in dual POV, both Joanna and Piper. The whole time I was telling myself that it was not possible for those things to happen in real life, specially so quickly (I know this is fiction but, come on!) One of the things I struggled with was I had the feeling something bad was about to happen any
Mandy White
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read previous books by Liv Constantine I should have been prepared for the mind blowing twist, but once again they got me. Wow! Really didn’t see it coming. The Wife Stalker is a quick, easy read that will have you thinking you know how it will end but you will be wrong. A fun weekend read.

Joanna and Leo have a great relationship, until Piper comes to town. She is attractive and wants Leo, and Piper always gets what she wants. Joanna is devastated and tries to find ways to get Leo back. S
ABookwormWithWine
The writing duo that is Liv Constantine really hit it out of the park again for me with The Wife Stalker.

These authors never cease to surprise me with their endings, and The Wife Stalker was no exception. It is definitely a slower burn, but the alternating viewpoints and short chapters really speed things along, and this is a book you could read in just a few hours. I alternated between reading my physical copy and listening to the audio, and I loved both! The audiobook is amazing so if you are

• The First Emma
  • If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
  • The Last House Guest
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • The Half Sister
  • Code Name Hélène
  • Sunrise on Half Moon Bay
  • On Ocean Boulevard
  • The Engineer's Wife
  • I'll Never Tell
  • Precious You
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Hollywood Park: A Memoir
  • The Book of Lost Friends
  • The Eighth Girl
  • Last Couple Standing
  • Don't Look Down (Shadows of New York #2)
  • In the Darkness (Zoe Bentley Mystery, #2)
Liv Constantine is the pen name of USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and international bestselling authors and sisters Lynne Constantine and Valerie Constantine, co-authors of the Reese Witherspoon book club pick, THE LAST MRS. PARRISH. Separated by three states, they spend hours plotting via FaceTime and burning up each other’s emails. They attribute their ability to concoct dark story lines to the ...more

Articles featuring this book

If you love a page-turning mystery, you are in for a treat this month. We're seeing a great assortment of highly anticipated mysteries and...
“You know, it’s what everyone needs, really—a place where they can spill their insides and let it all out. It’s like a cleansing of the soul. All of us have wounds we bury deep inside, and they affect us without our even realizing it.” 2 likes
“If they’re not having a positive influence on your life, they don’t belong in it. Find a new sister, a new brother. Blood is not destiny.” 0 likes