Start by marking “Rock Bottom: (A Dawson Family Novel)” as Want to Read:
Rock Bottom: (A Dawson Family Novel)

Rock Bottom: (A Dawson Family Novel)

Rory’s life is a mess. After getting dumped by her boyfriend, let go from her job, and losing her apartment, she takes a chance on a new job in a new town. Things can’t get any worse, right?

Wrong.

When the foundation of Dean Dawson’s life crumbles to pieces at his feet, he swears off relationships of any kind and goes back to a life of bachelorhood, loving and leaving
Expected publication: February 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Rock Bottom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rock Bottom

Start your review of Rock Bottom: (A Dawson Family Novel)
Melanie (mells_view)
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Damn you, Dean Dawson.

Now THAT, was the ending that Dean Dawson deserved! I’ve had a “special” relationship (in my mind) with Dean since I read Cheat Codes/End Game. He was such a poop head in those books. Ok to be honest in almost all of the books we see his grumpy side, but slowly, very slowly, he grew on me. And I saw how his relationship with Kara was meh, and after Fight Dirty I NEEDED his REAL happy ending. Like there was no way I could sleep at night if Dean and Kara were forever.

Haha, a
D.M.
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rock bottom had me giggling like a crazy person. You know the types. The girl with the book and nobody knows why she’s laughing.

I love the Dawson family series. Dean isn’t looking for love. He’s been married and it didn’t work out. Rory has lost her job, boyfriend and home. Welcome to rock bottom. Neither are dwelling on their misfortune but both are trying to prevent past mistakes.

When Rory finds herself in Dawson territory she doesn’t realise how much this family will infiltrate into her
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
I LOVED LOVED LOVED The Dawson family and series! I am so happy Dean got his story, check out my FULL REVIEW on my BLOG ->
CLICK HERE
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4.2/ 5 stars

I always thought Dean deserved so much better than what he got and that's exactly what Emily gave him in Rock Bottom.

It hurt to see Dean so heartbroken over his failed marriage and so decided upon never again giving a relationship a try. In come Rory - a sexy, fun and easy going girl who he instantly connected with and became friends with his family. Rory was so much like Quinn and the fact that right from the start they became good friends threw Dean for a loop. Rory was
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dean Dawson! When he was first introduced, he was in a relationship and married to Kara. Well along with most of the Dawson family I was not on team Kara. Dean deserved better, he deserved more and Kara just wasn’t his person. Rock Bottom is worth the wait.

Rory is a nurse with a string of bad luck that eventually leads her to Eastwood and into the Dawson clan. I loved Rory, mostly because I could relate to her. She is quirky, she is nerdy and she isn’t afraid to admit it. She hasn’t had the
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 LOVING DEAN STARS!! Yay....Dean deserved this story. Dean and Rory's story was amazing and you need to hear it. I love the Dawson's.....Dean's book had all the feels with learning how to move on from past relationships. Emily Goodwin is one of my favorite 1-Click authors....you never want to miss her books.
Elizabeth
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cannot tell you how happy I am that Emily Goodwin decided to write Dean’s story! It was perfect and made me extremely happy to see him get his happily ever after. The chemistry between Dean and Rory is lovely to watch unfold throughout the book. The lust, banter, real talk and love, it’s all there. They are absolutely perfect for one another.

Rory rivals my absolute love for Quinn. Rory is nerdy, quirky, and kind. I just love her. She is the type of character I can see myself being best
Phyl
New to me author
The devastation he must of felt with his ass of a wife. It broke my heart. Funny to think no one from his family liked her. I really liked this story. Dean and Rory vibed. I don’t even know if that’s the word to describe them but they are incredible together. They are so hot for each other. I adore Rory, I could see myself being friends with her. She’s has quite an uniqueness about her that Dean appreciates. I haven’t read any of the other books (which I will rectify) so I don’t
Dali
It's a cute story but it wasn't for a newbie to the series like me.
Full review pending.
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Shelves: arcs

I’m pretty sure since Cheat Codes most of the population of Emily Goodwin fans started begging for Dean Dawson to get a book of his own. It took a minute. We got all the Dawson siblings stories first, and finally last, but certainly not least we have Dean’s book. GAAHH!! Rock Bottom was everything I hoped it to be, and at the same time so much more than I could have even hoped for.

Dean Dawson is delicious, ladies. He is gorgeous, successful, funny, and loves his family more than anything.
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Rock Bottom is the latest book in the Dawson Family Novel Series. It looks like there are 5 other books in this series. I am sad to say I haven’t read any of the other books in this series but after reading Rock Bottom I will read the rest of this series.

Cheat Codes is Archer Jones & Quinn Dawson’s story
End Game is still Archer & Quinn Dawson’s story
Side Hustle is Scarlet Cooper & Weston Dawson’s story
Cheap Trick is Danielle Cross & Logan Dawson’s story
Fight Dirty is Charlie
Jenifer Briggs
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am in love with the entire Dawson clan, and this book was so sweet!! Each addition to the series is so amazing, and Dean and Rory were so perfect for each other!!

Dean has been dealt a hell of a blow: his marriage is deteriorating so quickly, and just when he decides to get them back on reach and remember why they got married in the first place, he comes home to find his wife in bed with another woman. Fast forward a year and he's divorced, bitter, and vows to never have another relationship
Teralyn Mitchell
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting for this book since I finished End Game. And as I continued to read the series and see how sucky and annoying Kara was I kept asking Emily if Dean would get his happily ever after. By ask I mean I constantly bugged her about it. And finally, she announced Rock Bottom and I was so excited to read Dean's story.

I have to say I wasn't disappointed with this story. I loved Rory. She cracked me up and I liked how quirky, weird, and sweet she was. She was the perfect match for Dean
~lil maso~
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
New to me author
The devastation he must have felt with his ass of a wife. It broke my heart. Funny to think no one from his family liked her.

I really liked this story.

I adore Rory, I could see myself being friends with her. She has quite a uniqueness about her that Dean appreciates. I haven’t read any of the other books (which I will rectify) so I don’t know
Nikki Swope
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I have been waiting for this book since I finished Fight Dirty. I could not walk away from this series without Dean having a real HEA and that would have happened with Kara. So when if finally happened, Kara out on her ass, although I felt sorry for Dean I was so happy. Rory is so perfect in every way. She so reminds me of Quinn which I think in a weird way is perfect for Dean. I love that the Dawson’s now have Rory to fill that spot that Kara so did not fill. That Dean can have the closeness ...more
Amanda (Romance Reviewed)
Shelves: 2020
I was so happy to see we were getting more of the Dawson family, especially a chance at redemption for Dean. He was kind of a butt in the previous books, unhappy marriage aside.

Reeling from his divorce, Dean has no interest in love. Been there, done that, got a divorce. He's only interested in hooking up- feelings need not apply. Rory was all that I hoped for: strong, weird, nice. After losing her job, her boyfriend, and her apartment in one day, she had officially hit rock bottom. A chance at
Tania's Book Blog
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yessssss Dean FINALLY gets his HEA and I loved every minute of it. Rory and Dean met in such weird but meant to be circumstances. They hit it off and then things got weird. *Don’t want to give away what happens*. Rory had lots of things in common with Quinn and they hit it off. As a matter of fact as time passed she became good friends with Scarlet and Quinn since she was new to town. Dean was hesitant at first but then realized she’s the woman he wants. Rory also was a bit hesitant but knew ...more
Carrie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I highly enjoyed Dean & Rory's story for the most part. My only negative is the drama at the end felt both forced and rushed, and annoyed me in what was otherwise an outstanding story!

They both find themselves going through some pretty crappy circumstances, and handle those circumstances in different ways. I LOVED the way their first meeting came about, and they have some great banter going on! And their story is H O T *fans self* and steamy! ; )

Even though Dean wasn't supposed to get a
Konny
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rock Bottom by Emily Goodwin is the latest book in her Dawson Family Series and tells Rory and Dean's story.
Rory was just let go from her job, her boyfriend ended their relationship and to top it off, she needs a new apartement too.
Dean is the last single of the Dawson siblings. He's divorced from horrible Kara from book one and two.
Both meet at a bar and hit it off right from the start.
But - and yes, there's a big but: he doesn't do relationships anymore.
She is not a ons girl.
Rock Bottom is a
Tammy
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How could you not love Dean? He acts all tough and macho, but secretly just wants a family of his own. Rory is funny, spunky and is crazy cool! I totally want to be her when I grow up. These two from the moment they met, even with the crazy story they had was intense. Both not looking for a relationship but they found the chemistry everyone wants in a relationship.
Marissa
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kindle Copy for Review

Being dumped by her boyfriend, Rory takes a new job in another town for a new start.

Dean as sworn off relationships after his last one went awry.

But one night changes everything when avoiding a blind date.

Can these two make it past the one night and find forever? There is nowhere to go but up when life gets you down. A charming read.
Julie
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have loved every book in the Dawson's series. Rock Bottom did not disappoint! I am soooo glad that Dean finally has his happily ever after. Definitely wanted to give him a bit of a shake to wake him up a couple of times, but Rory is his perfect match. Awesome read!!
Viviana Varona
Feb 10, 2020 is currently reading it
I received an ARC today from the author and social butterfly.
Reva Dawn
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
Feb 10, 2020
Argie
Feb 15, 2020

• A Drop in the Ocean (Kingdom in the Sea #2)
  • Given
  • Rejected (Wolves of Black Bird, #1)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • When She's Married
  • Dear Ava
  • Ruthless Love
  • Release
  • Take It Down A Notch
  • Conviction
  • Return to Atlantis (Kingdom in the Sea #1)
  • The Black Lily (Vampire Blood, #1)
  • Savage
  • Marrying My Billionaire Boss
  • The Playboy
  • Beyond the Veil (Vampires of Velum Mortis #1)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is