Start by marking “Rock Bottom (Dawson Family, #6)” as Want to Read:
Rock Bottom (Dawson Family, #6)

Rock Bottom

(Dawson Family #6)

Rory's life is a mess. After getting dumped by her boyfriend, let go from her job, and losing her apartment, she takes a chance on a new job in a new town. Things can't get any worse, right?Wrong.When the foundation of Dean Dawson's life crumbles to pieces at his feet, he swears off relationships of any kind and goes back to a life of bachelorhood, loving and leaving diffe ...more
Published February 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Rock Bottom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rock Bottom

Start your review of Rock Bottom (Dawson Family, #6)
Melanie (mells_view)
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Damn you, Dean Dawson.

Now THAT, was the ending that Dean Dawson deserved! I’ve had a “special” relationship (in my mind) with Dean since I read Cheat Codes/End Game. He was such a poop head in those books. Ok to be honest in almost all of the books we see his grumpy side, but slowly, very slowly, he grew on me. And I saw how his relationship with Kara was meh, and after Fight Dirty I NEEDED his REAL happy ending. Like there was no way I could sleep at night if Dean and Kara were forever.

Haha, a
Danielle's
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rock bottom had me giggling like a crazy person. You know the types. The girl with the book and nobody knows why she’s laughing.

I love the Dawson family series. Dean isn’t looking for love. He’s been married and it didn’t work out. Rory has lost her job, boyfriend and home. Welcome to rock bottom. Neither are dwelling on their misfortune but both are trying to prevent past mistakes.

When Rory finds herself in Dawson territory she doesn’t realise how much this family will infiltrate into her lif
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
A bit predictable but I love Dean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reality can sometimes bite. But I do love when authors include some reality in their stories.

Goodwin introduces us to someone who has worked so hard but yet things just don’t seem to go well. New town, new job, new place to live, Rory is hoping for the best.

But when it comes to meeting a new guy things may not be all that they seem to be.

Tory was introduced to Dean in a very unique and humorous way. The development of Dean and Rory was nicely ba
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5 "Second Chance At Love" Stars ⭐️
The Dawson Family is one of my absolute favorite fictional family and this series could not have concluded without Dean getting his happily ever after. From the previous novels, it was clear that Kara wasn’t the woman for him and I’m so happy with the new love interest he finds in Rock Bottom. Emily Goodwin pleased me to the highest level with this delightful, sexy and amusing book!

Rory is the perfect girl for Dean! She reminded me a lot of Quinn (Dean’s
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
NOW LIVE!

Rate: 4.2/ 5 stars

I always thought Dean deserved so much better than what he got and that's exactly what Emily gave him in Rock Bottom.

It hurt to see Dean so heartbroken over his failed marriage and so decided upon never again giving a relationship a try. In come Rory - a sexy, fun and easy going girl who he instantly connected with and became friends with his family. Rory was so much like Quinn and the fact that right from the start they became good friends threw Dean for a loop. Ror
Dali
Emily Goodwin returns to her Dawson Family series in which se pairs up newly bachelor Dean Dawson and Rory who are determined to keep their one night of fun just that: a onetime, no strings great time.

In an attempt to rebuild her life after getting fired, losing her apartment, and getting dumped by her boyfriend, Rory leaves her family and small town and takes a nursing job where she meets the irresistible yet damaged Dean Dawson. Will one night of passion and lighthearted fun be enough for them
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rock Bottom had me smiling so big and left me in such a feel good mood. The Dawson family is one of my favorite fictional families and the fact that Dean got his own book had me jumping for joy. I needed better for him and he most definitely deserved happiness.

Throughout every book in this series we got glimpses of Dean and his relationship. But we also got the crumbling of said relationship. Dean’s attitude changes and he starts becoming a different person, one who doesn’t believe in relationsh
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Since his divorce, Dean has been a love em (but not really love) and leave em kinda guy. He's adamant that he'll never have another relationship, doesn't believe in love, and is not looking for serious. Kara ruined him for love. And then Rory comes along. She's sweet and fun and breaks through the thick walls he's encased his heart inside. Can Dean lower his walls and let her truly in? Or will she move on to someone who worships her, someone who will love her the way she knows she deserves?

I
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
I LOVED LOVED LOVED The Dawson family and series! I am so happy Dean got his story, check out my FULL REVIEW on my BLOG ->
CLICK HERE
♥☆SℓιM☆♥
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Plenty of spoilers will more likely be in this review.

This book was given to me as an ARC; for an honest review. Not only that, it comes out tomorrow (hence; Feb 17th)!!!!!!!

So okay! I couldn’t wait to read this book. And learn who Dean will end up with even though Rory's name was mentioned in the description. Lord knows I couldn’t stand Kara... & me and probably all of Emily Goodwin fans... 🤣🤣🤣...

When I first started this book, I was like yup that heifer
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dean Dawson! When he was first introduced, he was in a relationship and married to Kara. Well along with most of the Dawson family I was not on team Kara. Dean deserved better, he deserved more and Kara just wasn’t his person. Rock Bottom is worth the wait.

Rory is a nurse with a string of bad luck that eventually leads her to Eastwood and into the Dawson clan. I loved Rory, mostly because I could relate to her. She is quirky, she is nerdy and she isn’t afraid to admit it. She hasn’t had the bes
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 LOVING DEAN STARS!! Yay....Dean deserved this story. Dean and Rory's story was amazing and you need to hear it. I love the Dawson's.....Dean's book had all the feels with learning how to move on from past relationships. Emily Goodwin is one of my favorite 1-Click authors....you never want to miss her books. ...more
Kari Hansen
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been not so patiently awaiting Dean’s story but believe me it was well worth the wait. After being betrayed by love he has locked up his heart and thrown away the key. All his future interactions will be casual and emotion free and that has been working well for him until he finds out that one night with Rory is not enough.

When Rory’s life was turned upside down both personally and professionally she decides that a fresh start is in order which is how she ends up in town. She has always w
Lizs.book.nook ||Elizabeth||
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cannot tell you how happy I am that Emily Goodwin decided to write Dean’s story! It was perfect and made me extremely happy to see him get his happily ever after. The chemistry between Dean and Rory is lovely to watch unfold throughout the book. The lust, banter, real talk and love, it’s all there. They are absolutely perfect for one another.

Rory rivals my absolute love for Quinn. Rory is nerdy, quirky, and kind. I just love her. She is the type of character I can see myself being best friend
Phyl
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
New to me author
The devastation he must of felt with his ass of a wife. It broke my heart. Funny to think no one from his family liked her. I really liked this story. Dean and Rory vibed. I don’t even know if that’s the word to describe them but they are incredible together. They are so hot for each other. I adore Rory, I could see myself being friends with her. She’s has quite an uniqueness about her that Dean appreciates. I haven’t read any of the other books (which I will rectify) so I don’t
Suzanne
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OHH I was excited to get my hot little hands on this one! I have loved the Dawson Family since book one and Rock Bottom is a perfect addition to the series! I loved Rory. I thought she was a stunning and fierce leading lady and she kept Dean on his toes. I love how their relationship came from left field and was so unexpected. Even when you hit the bottom, you can crawl back out and prove to yourself you are worth it. I giggled and I swooned. I absolutely love the flow of Goodwin’s writing and t ...more
Jennifer D.
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am so glad Emily wrote Dean's book! It was everything I hoped it would be and I love that he finally got his HEA! I loved Rory! They were perfect for each other right out the gate! She was definitely Dean's missing puzzle piece. They may not have started off wanting a relationship but they couldn't deny the attraction and chemistry. Plus she fits in so well with his family. This was the perfect ending to the series! ...more
Julia Griffis - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

Rock Bottom was a sexy, funny, and entertaining standalone contemporary romance in the Dawson Family series, and I really enjoyed Dean and Rory’s story. It hasn’t been my favorite novel from Emily Goodwin so far, but I was happy with the conclusion and am looking forward to reading this author’s small-town Silver Ridge series.

For more reviews and other book news, please visit: https://theromancebibliophile.com
menna hafez
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This novel is so good and funny, i tried so hard to take it slow but i can't, i want more and more and more from Dawson family.
This family is incredible and amazing, every character in this series is more amazing than the other.
Dear Mrs Emily Goodwin i want more from this family, i know that this is impossible but i hope you can think about my request.
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
Okay, Emily Goodwin satisfied a lot of readers by giving us Dean Dawson's story! The Dawson Family series has been a lot of fun, but I really needed to know more about Dean and Kara's relationship since Kara was so unlikable throughout the other books. Luckily, Emily gave us Rock Bottom and we finally got answers about the doomed relationship.

This book was so fun! The Dawson's never disappoint. There are laughs and emotion and everything you could possibly want. Of course, Dean doesn't want anot
AmbzyRoseBooks
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVED it!

Review to come!
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Shelves: arcs

I’m pretty sure since Cheat Codes most of the population of Emily Goodwin fans started begging for Dean Dawson to get a book of his own. It took a minute. We got all the Dawson siblings stories first, and finally last, but certainly not least we have Dean’s book. GAAHH!! Rock Bottom was everything I hoped it to be, and at the same time so much more than I could have even hoped for.

Dean Dawson is delicious, ladies. He is gorgeous, successful, funny, and loves his family m
Amy Dickinson
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2

I have been “all in” with the Dawson Family since Side Hustle, the third book of Emily Goodwin’s Dawson Family series. I think it has to do with the fact that there seems to something for everyone here: enemies-to-lovers, brother’s best friend, second chance, etc. For each family member of the Dawson family, there is a guaranteed story that will melt your heart, pull at your heartstrings, and leave you on a happy ending.

Emily Goodwin’s newest book (and I believe the l
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
What do you do when you hit rock bottom?  You either lie there and wallow in your sorrow, or pick yourself up and move on. Rory, the cute, funny and nerdy heroine decides to do the latter in Rock Bottom, the sixth book in the Dawson Family series. I love this series of standalones, and have grown quite attached to these siblings, so I was really excited to see Dean get a second chance at love. This story is sweet and touching, with a just a little bit of angst thrown in to make it interesting. I ...more
Libriamo3116
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february-2020
Rock Bottom is book #6 in the Dawson Family series but can also be read as a standalone. Having said that, I highly recommend you read the previous books in order to fully understand the history of the Dawsons.

I am so happy that Emily Goodwin decided to write Dean's story because I could not stand Kara. I am all for a good redemption story, but let's be honest here, when everyone in the nicest family ever has a problem with s specific individual, it is for a reason! It was time for Kara to go!
Brenda
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm a little torn about this book. I was one of those who really hoped Dean would get his own book. In many ways this story is a fitting ending for him and for the series as a whole. So great to see the collective HEA at the end. He and Rory are a great fit. And the book is well-written, as this author's books always are.

However, I really hate the wounded man-whore trope and it didn't play any better in this book than in most others. Realistically, he lives in a small town, he would have run out
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Rock Bottom is the latest book in the Dawson Family Novel Series. It looks like there are 5 other books in this series. I am sad to say I haven’t read any of the other books in this series but after reading Rock Bottom I will read the rest of this series.

Cheat Codes is Archer Jones & Quinn Dawson’s story
End Game is still Archer & Quinn Dawson’s story
Side Hustle is Scarlet Cooper & Weston Dawson’s story
Cheap Trick is Danielle Cross & Logan Dawson’s story
Fight Dirty is Charlie Wilson & Owen Dawso
Natasha
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gahhh, I have been waiting for this book since before it was even in the making! I love the Dawson family, and can't get enough! And Dean Dawson is no different.

After Dean's love life crumbles at his feet, he swears off relationships all together. Going back to his love them & leave them ways, his sister tries to interview. What is one date going to hurt? Except she cancels at the last possible moment. He then meets Rory.

Rory has hit rock bottom. Dumped by her boyfriend, lost her job, and ready
Jenifer Briggs
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am in love with the entire Dawson clan, and this book was so sweet!! Each addition to the series is so amazing, and Dean and Rory were so perfect for each other!!

Dean has been dealt a hell of a blow: his marriage is deteriorating so quickly, and just when he decides to get them back on reach and remember why they got married in the first place, he comes home to find his wife in bed with another woman. Fast forward a year and he's divorced, bitter, and vows to never have another relationship ag
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary ARC - early release copy of this book in Kindle format from the author for review purposes.

This is book 6 in the series and this was an awesome story. Can it stand alone? Yes I believe it can but some things are discussed in this book that happened in those books and so I do recommend you read them first.

This is Dean's story and he is the brother that got married to train wreck Kara in the previous stories. In this book his marriage falls apart and he ends up divorced.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Rejected (Wolves of Black Bird, #1)
  • When She's Married (Risdaverse #2)
  • Ruthless Love
  • Take It Down a Notch
  • Conviction
  • Return to Atlantis (Kingdom in the Sea #1)
  • The Black Lily (Vampire Blood, #1)
  • Savage
  • The Playboy
  • Beyond the Veil (Vampires of Velum Mortis #1)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #3)
  • Punk 57
  • The Golden Pecker
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
  • Husband (Guardian, #2)
  • Dirty Sweet Valentine: And Other Filthy Tales of Love
  • Even If It Hurts
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is

Dawson Family (6 books)
  • Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)
  • End Game (Dawson Family, #2)
  • Side Hustle (Dawson Family, #3)
  • Cheap Trick