Start by marking “Poems For The Moon: Vol 1” as Want to Read:
Poems For The Moon: Vol 1

Poems For The Moon: Vol 1

A short and free series of personal, custom poems written for fans of J.R. Rogue's writing.

previously published as Letters To The Moon.
ebook
Published December 2019 by J.R. Rogue (first published January 17th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Poems For The Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poems For The Moon

Start your review of Poems For The Moon: Vol 1
Ari
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
This whispered to my heart.

Aah god this book was heart-wrenchingly good. There right there somewhere in the center I could feel whispers in my chest and dear heavens is Rogue talented. Read it, I know you'll agree.
Beatrix
J.R. Rogue is always a good idea!
bookmarkbelles
If it has the words:

1. JR
2. Poetry
3. Rogue ...

mentioned anywhere, it's a sheer DELIGHT. A treat. A heart-wrenching experience.
Poems for the Moon is definitely one of her best works. She's like a fine wine. Better and better every single time.
Zoë
Although this is short it's raw in a way that other poetry books are afraid of being. All of Rogue's work is like that. Honest, raw, unapologetic.
Nichole Williams
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Poetry!
Cynthia
I liked it

Great poems,; i just didn't relate. Short book but really great poems. The feeling is there but not for me.
Krystle Able
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I follow J.R. Rogue on social media and had often seen her social media posts offering custom poetry, followed soon after by posts by her fans and customers gushing over how well Jen was able to capture their feelings, a moment in time, a memory, or special meaning so well in a custom poem that they had ordered without having ever met them face to face, through exchanging merely a few emails. I don't envy the writer who can take on someone's pain, sadness, joy, or love and make it their own, who ...more
Tathagata Mukherjee
Great poems from a young author

One of the best to heart poetry that I have read in recent times. I could relate to almost all of them.
cheyenne raine
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so sweet!

always breath taking to read rogues collections! this was oh so sweet to take in with the lumineers playing in the background! :)
Frostie Whinery
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Collection!

This is a short collection; a lighter read than her other collections. I adore Rogues use of metaphorshe leaves room for interpretation.
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Such amazing words and feels. Always
Andrea McEachen
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

What a fantastic read, I really enjoyed it, a tale of love whats not to enjoy, letters to moon beautiful title
D.E. Kerr
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow start, but worth it

I've had this sitting with 25% done for several months now, and every few weeks I would read a poem or two, but for the life of me, I could not get into it. However today, I continued reading and I'm so glad I did. While slow to start, I simply devoured the other 75%, and I think Rogue has written one of my favourite poems I've ever read, entitled "Voyeurs". I have highlighted many passages in this book and the final lines of the final poem (entitled "Mermaid Hearts")
Nicole Field
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
There were some genuinely good poems in here. It started with one hell of a punchy poem. Much of it was about themes of heartbreak and love. There's definitely something in here that anyone who has ever been hurt by love or been in a relationship will be able to closely relate to.

The thing that really got to me when reading this collection was how short it was, however, and just how much repetition was in it regardless.
mary ❀
Not at all moon related -100/10.

Seriously though, it was okay I guess. It seems evident it was meant to be enjoyed by people who are already fans of hers. Too discordant, though I realize the poems are meant to be seperate and not part of an overall narrative. It just felt kinda hollow to me. Pretty words though I guess.
Elizabeth Houseman
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
This was a wonderful collection of poems. With plenty of sweet, beautiful words, I was inspired from reading Rogue's Letters To The Moon. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes poetry, especially those with a taste for the contemplative and the romantic types.
Dõmi
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very short read but I read very slowly, taking in every word. "Waiting" was the one that I read over and over again. I absolutely loved this book.
Sharon Cobbler
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply Amazing

The raw emotion within this book is striking and something I will never forget. I think Ill find myself reading this a few times over..
Chasity
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful collection, I love how her poems just come alive off the page. Wonderful writing.
Kaylabookworm22 L
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored it! Im now a fan! ...more
Deanna
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its a good quick read its a nice break from a book book, some of the poems spoke to you and others were just a little off. Other then that it was a quick read ...more
Bry
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very pretty
Daniele
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I read a poem from Jen she pulls out all the emotions. This collection does it again and it's beautiful.
Abigail Riley
New readers

I am a new JR fan and I this is the first poetry book that I am reading by her. Loving it!
Ashly
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Rogues work never fails to stir something inside me.

My favorite piece from this trim collection was Wont Feel a Thing.
Krystal
Brilliant poetry. One of the first poetry books I've read in a while.
Zenne
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bree Hill
Apr 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
This was ok. The formatting in the edition I read threw me off a bit.
Shannon O'Connor
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I felt like these poems were good, just not up to Rogues typical awesomeness.

• this boy is a rainbow: the storm
  • The Things We Don't Talk About
  • Growth
  • Blue Ashes
  • Einstein's Cat (Get Your Wordsworth, #1)
  • I Hope This Makes You Uncomfortable
  • Travelling Light
  • Pretty Good Year - A Bipolar Poetry Anthology
  • Tears, Laughs, and Dreams: A Poetry Collection
  • The Art of Aching: Vol 1
  • I hope this reaches her in time
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)